Defeated

By TashaPageWriting

In a town controlled by fear, Indianna is trying to find a way to survive. The only goal is to take down Rogu... More

I- Tai
II- Indianna
III- Introductions
IV- Letters To Him
V- Rogue
VI- Punishment
VII- Fight
VIII- We're Werewolves
IX- You Really Shouldn't Have Come To This Town
X- Kick
XI- Girl Talk
XII- A Plan?
XIII- Lone Wolf
XIV- Secrets
XV- Gender
XVI- Revenge
XVII- Rules
XVIII- Grave
XIX- Cry
XX- Dinner
XXI- Blood
XXII- Rogue's Order
XXIII- Oscar's Old Pack
XXIV- Claws
XXV- Hey Sugar
XXVI- Mate bond?
XXVII- Reward
XXVIII- Greyson's Back
XXX- Brooke's Secret
XXXI- Lily
XXXII- Brandon's Heartbreak
XXXIII- Eight Weeks To Get Rid of Rogue
XXXIV- Alec
XXXV- The Map
XXXVI- Preparations
XXXVII- Christmas Dinner
XXVIII- Greyson's Sacrifice
XXXIX- Trust
XL - Wish For Death
XLI- Day One

XXIX- "You Lost My Mate"

20.7K 865 232
By TashaPageWriting

Indianna woke the next morning with Greyson next to her, his arms wrapped tightly around her. She woke early, while it was dark out, but she couldn't go back to sleep. She just laid in Greyson's arms, savouring his touch.

"Did you sleep at all last night?" Greyson whispered into Indianna's ear. She smiled and nodded.

"I slept so well," she said honestly.

"You've been awake since the early hours," he said. "You need sleep, sugar." Greyson's hands went to Indianna's stomach.

"I'm fine," she said. "I was enjoying just being here, with you."

Greyson moved so he was straddling Indianna, his hands on either side of her head. "I've missed this," he admitted.

"Me too," she whispered and reached up and pulled Greyson closer to her. She softly kissed him. "I still can't believe you're real."

"You better get used to it," Greyson said with a wink. "I'm sure there's a way I can get you to believe it." Greyson's hands slid down Indianna's body.

Indianna rolled her eyes. "We have all the time in the world for that when we've figured out a way to stop Rogue."

"Well mentioning him is a mood killer," Greyson muttered. There was a stiffness to his voice, an angry glint in his eye. He sighed and stood up. "I guess we better get ready."

"Greyson," Indianna called. She crawled to the end of the bed and took his hand.

"I'm fine," Greyson said. "I just want him gone from our lives."

"He will be."

Greyson nodded sharply and walked into the bathroom. Indianna flinched as she watched him walk away, looking at the scars and cuts on his back.

Indianna had laid back down on the bed and closed her eyes. She was feeling exhausted. The pregnancy and finding out about Greyson was taking its toll on her.

"You should have slept," Greyson said once he had returned from the bathroom. He had a towel wrapped around his waist. He sat down on the bed and ran his fingers down Indianna's arms. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine."

Greyson raised his eyebrows at Indianna. "You're lying."

"I'm just feeling a little drained," Indianna said. "Carry children is hard work, you know."

"Then go back to sleep, sugar," Greyson said firmly.

Indianna shook her head and sat up. "We need to talk to the guys. Figure out what we're going to do."

"That can wait a few hours-"

"No," Indianna said sharply. "It can't, Greyson."

Greyson sighed and helped Indianna off the bed. "I know," he said. "I've told Harry to not allow anyone apart from my family and the guys in the pack house today. Everyone will come in the evening for a meeting."

Indianna nodded. "I'm going to shower," she said.

"Please take it easy," Greyson said.

"I know what I'm capable of," Indianna said. "Don't you worry."

"Impossible."

Indianna shook her head and made her way into the bathroom. She showered quickly, not wanting to be away from Greyson for long. Once she was dry and dressed, she walked into the bedroom and looked at Greyson. "Ready?" He asked.

Indianna nodded. "Let's do this."

*

Greyson and Indianna walked downstairs to the lounge. They could hear their friends talking amongst each other. Greyson gripped Indianna's hand tightly and they walked in together. Silence filled the room and their friends all stared at Greyson with wide eyes.

Indianna smiled when she saw Greyson and Harry share a look and they both nodded at each other. Harry was standing away from everyone else, like usual. She knew that he was happy Greyson was back, they were basically brothers, but Indianna knew that it must be painful to see that she had her mate back, but he didn't have his.

"Shit, you look like death," Kal was the first to speak.

"Kal!" Kimberly gasped and hit Kal on the arm. "Jesus!"

Greyson cracked a smile. "You've not changed at all."

"I'll take that as a compliment," Kal said smugly."

"What happened?" Ace spoke up. He was staring at Greyson in shock. Tai was sitting next to him. "How are you alive?"

"Rogue faked my death," Greyson said and looked at Tai. "I wasn't aware you were letting strangers into my house, Ace." Greyson then spotted Sasha who was sitting silently in the corner. "And we're now keeping Brooklyn's friends as company?"

"Greyson, this is Tai, she's not a stranger," Ace said softly.

"She is to me."

"Obviously, this time yesterday you were dead," Kal said.

"You have no grace do you?" Greyson said.

"Greyson, Tai is new to the town with her brother. They're both werewolves."

"How convenient your mate turns up when Rogue has control of the town," Greyson said, studying Tai.

"How did you know she was my mate?" Ace asked.

"I may not have been here for a while, but you forget I know you, Ace," Greyson said and looked at Tai. "Where's your brother? Why aren't you part of a pack?"

"Her brother is Brandon's mate," Harry said. "You can understand why we don't exactly trust him."

"He can be trusted. He would do the right thing," Tai said.

"You can't be trusted when it comes to your mate," Kal said. "Harry is a prime example, he would let my sister die if it saved his mate."

"Don't try and make me feel guilty, Kal, you know I would have no regrets about going to get my mate right now," Harry said.

"Shut up," Greyson said firmly. He looked at Indianna. "Brandon is a werewolf?"

"Yeah, we were quite surprised too," Indianna said. "Tai and her brother Raiden moved to town with no clue about what they really were. They didn't know anything about the werewolf world. Raiden still doesn't. We can't risk him knowing about us because of how close Brandon is to Rogue."

"How did you grow up with no idea of what you were? Did your parents not tell you?" Greyson asked Tai.

Tai suddenly went very tense. "I... Er, they... No. They didn't tell us. They're dead."

"How do I know I can trust you?"

Tai narrowed her eyes. "I've done nothing that proves you shouldn't."

"Greyson, you can trust her," Ace said.

Greyson looked at Ace and nodded sharply. "What about her?" He asked, pointing to Sasha.

"She was there when Brooke was taken," Oscar told Greyson. "We've been letting her stay here for her protection."

Greyson looked at Harry. "We're getting her back," he said. He sounded so confident. "And Alice."

"You have a plan?" Ace said.

"I do. I may have been locked up for fucking ages, but I overheard a hell of a lot," Greyson said. He looked down at Indianna who was rubbing her stomach and guided her over to sit down on one of the couches. He sat next to her and took her hand. "Rogue is controlling his men. They aren't working for him out of their own free will."

"What do you mean?"

"It's like they've been brainwashed. They aren't aware of what they're really doing," Greyson explained.

"How is he doing that?" Indianna asked.

"He's branding them," Greyson said. "It's just like we do when someone joins the pack, but somehow it takes control over them. It makes them subservient to Rogue."

"That's insane," Kal said.

"Is there a way to stop his control over them?" Oscar wondered.

"I think," Greyson said. "I heard Rogue talking to Ben. Rogue only has the control if the brand remains intact. So, in theory, all we need to do is destroy the brand, and hopefully the Rogue's control."

"In theory?" Harry said.

"Do you want to suggest a better idea?" Greyson asked. "It will take time, but if we manage to destroy Rogue's influence over his men then it's one less enemy to take care of. We then kill Ben, get Brooklyn and Alice back. What we do next is quite simple really; we kill Stacy."

"I'm down to kill her," Kal nodded.

"I'm not," Indianna said, looking up at Greyson. "She's innocent!"

"She's just as crazy as Rogue," Harry said dismissively.

"How is killing her going to help anything?" Indianna argued.

"It will destroy him," Greyson said. "She is the one person he truly cares about. He is completely devoted to her. Not many people can survive without their mate. It's even worse for the werewolf when they lose their mate. They are so infatuated with each other he won't be able to handle her death. He'll go crazy. He'll be weak. He'll be easy to kill."

"No, we're not killing her!" Indianna said.

"Do you want Rogue controlling us for the rest of our lives? Do you want him controlling our children?" Greyson snapped.

"Of course not, but I don't want to kill someone who's innocent!"

"Well, deal with it, sugar, it's what's happening," Greyson said.

"Hold on," Indianna said firmly. "You don't get to come back and start making orders and pushing me to the side. Have you forgotten that I'm the goddamn Luna of this pack? We make decisions together, Greyson Evans. You don't get to walk over me. I'm not going to let you do that."

Greyson wanted to smile. He was impressed. Indianna had truly grown into a Luna. But he knew he was right, Stacy had to die. "This isn't up for debate, Indie," he said.

"Oh, yes it is."

"He's strong, Indianna. I couldn't defeat him before, and even if we take his men out of the picture he's still going to put up a hell of a fight, and I'm not prepared to risk myself again. Not when I've got a family to think about. When we kill him, I want to be sure that we can win. We won't win unless Rogue is weakened. The only way to do that is to kill Stacy."

"She's innocent! We'd be no better than him if we do this!"

"Oh, that's bullshit, Indie," Greyson snapped. "We're not arguing about this."

"Hell yes, we are!"

"How about we vote on it?" Ace suggested. "Hands up for yes, hands down for no."

Indianna gritted her teeth but nodded. She stiffened when she saw the majority of the people in the room raise their hands.

"So it's decided, we're going to-"

Greyson was cut off when Rogue barged into the room, his face murderous. Greyson instantly stood up in front of Indianna, watching Rogue cautiously. "There you are!" Rogue spat and stormed across the room and grabbed Harry by his shirt, slamming him into the wall.

"Get the fuck off me!" Harry growled and shoved Rogue back.

"What have you done with them?" Rogue hissed, pointing his finger at Harry. "If you don't behave like a good little bitch then I will have to kill everyone here."

Harry paused and looked a Rogue with narrowed eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"Where are you hiding your mate? I know you have her!"

Harry's face turned dark. "You lost my mate!" With black eyes, Harry charged at Rogue. "You kidnap her and then you fucking lose her!"

Rogue looked at Harry in surprise. "You don't have her?"

"Of course I fucking don't!" Harry roared.

"What about Alice?" Kal panicked.

Harry shoved Rogue up against the wall. Indianna was surprised to see Rogue looking slightly worried. Harry was a loose cannon when it came to Brooke. "Where the fuck is my mate?" 

"And my sister!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 6.4K 21
Sequel to: The Lone She-Wolf Who Never Wanted a Mate! It's been almost five years since Dani had accepted the mission given to her by the Pawnee Spir...
148K 11.8K 80
THE SEQUEL TO 'LUNA OF ROGUES.' Last Haven is scattered to the wind. It has been nineteen years since the castle burned - nineteen years of bitter wa...
113K 3.9K 66
This is a Book 2 story of Mates of a Werewolf Hunter
138K 3.7K 30
Haley is a shy girl who became mute after her parents were murdered. She lives with her childhood neighbors who have to move to a different state. Wi...