We Make Waves [Jhene Aiko/You]

بواسطة UnAmericanTeen

Long Beach, California. Slauson Hills, California. Beverly Hills. You can take the girl from the hood.. bu... المزيد

Cast
WARNING
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Tsunami

Chapter Seventeen

10.9K 415 276
بواسطة UnAmericanTeen

I walked into the bedroom, holding a cup of ice cold water. A smirk was plagued on my lips when I tilted the cup over, splashing the young girls face.

"What the f-" She shot up and gasped for air. "What's wrong with you?!" Asia exclaimed.

"School starts in three days and we got shopping to do, let's go little sis!" She huffed and pulled the covers over her head. "Ah, we agreed. I'd let you have a house party if you went to school."

"I don't remember that. Plus you didn't even go to high school."

"Actually I did. I dropped out at the end junior year and If you feel like you want to, then so be it. But there's a year and a half until then so.. let go." I splashed more water on her before taking off running when she hopped up.

I slammed my door shut and she banged on it. "Y/n!" She screamed out and I laughed in response.

"Get dressed!"

After she huffed, walking away, I started to get dressed. I pulled on some black dickies, cuffing the bottom of the pants, and a fresh white tshirt paired it with my og blue vans. "Aye Cuh." I heard Kai say as he knocked on my door. I grabbed my blue Dodgers hat as I opened the door. He gave me a once over before huffing and limping in. "Always the same shit- sit down." I furrowed my eyebrows when he opened my closet. "Listen sis, you're kinda big now. Everyone knows you bagged the baddest blasian in LA, you got summer hits and it ain't even summer.. you gotta start playing the part."

I laughed as I sat down on the bed. "The fuck are you on, Kaito?"

He simply tsked while pulling out some clothes that still had the price tags on them. I had gotten them on when we had to pick our award show outfits for the VMA's and the BET awards. I honestly just said my sizes, they handled the rest. With the clothes I didn't wear they let me have personally. Still, never wore them. "Shit yo, you got Saint Laurent in here.. Chanel.. better believe imma come shopping in here when you leave. Anyways," He said before I could speak up. He pulled out a graphic tshirt, a puffy multicolored jacket, and some black joggers. "And here, put this on."

I grabbed the clothes with a huff before shedding off my original ones and putting the outfit he picked out.

"Oh, here." He then handed me a fanny pack and some dark Chanel glasses. I grimaced at the fanny pack as I shook my head. "I'm telling you, Y/nn.. It's convenient as fuck and everyone's wearing them."

"They look fucking stupid." I huffed I let him put in on me. "Not to mention, that it don't even match."

"It does, in Hollywood standards." He stepped back to admire his work and he nodded with a smirk. "Shit.. my clothing line gonna be fire as fuck yo. I'm too fucking good."

I grumbled in response as I grabbed my white Adidas and slid them on. "Just don't ask me to model the shit.." I lifted up my mattress and grabbed the two most important things that I never left the house without. One, my .44, and two, cash. Cards were cool and all but cash was want I grew up using. It wasn't stopping now.

I slid the bands into my backpack and some into my pockets before pulling the bag on and starting out of my room.

"Ooh, who dressed you?" Asia asked and Kai immediately laughed.

"My style is not that bad y'all."

"Not bad but repetitive. Let guess, she was wearing some cuffed dickies, either a white shirt or a black shirt, and some vans.. am I close?" I simply rolled my eyes and kept walking to the front door, ignoring their laughter in the background.

I slid into the elevator once I reaches it and leaned against the wall, smirking when Asia started to run when she noticed I wasn't holding the door for her. "Oh damn." I said and barely reach forward, the door closing.

"Asshole!" She exclaimed from the other side and hit the door just as it started going down. I snickered to myself and walked out of the lobby to the parking garage. "You're so annoying." I looked over my shoulder as she walked out of the second elevator with attitude.

"You talk shit, you get left. What is it yall say.. period pooh!" She scowled while I continued to laugh, sliding into the drivers seat. After she was in I pulled off, heading down the road to Rodeo Drive. "Don't play no wack shit." I said when I saw Asia grab the aux, connecting her phone. It was silent for a moment before I heard some automatically noticeable lyrics.

"Sex game had her ass blowing me up.."

I stared ahead silently before looking at Asia, watching as she giggled to herself. "This my shit- I got the moves, I got the moves, I'm making moves, you gotta move. She made that back move.. she made the titties moves, I make the-" Before she could react I snatched the phone out of her hands and tossed it out of the window nonchalantly. She gasped, jumping out of her seat to look back out of the window. "Y/N!!" She exclaimed and I hummed innocently while making a right turn. "Why would you do that?!"

"I don't wanna listen to no damn Big Sean.. that's why. And chill, imma get you a new one wit yo bum ass iPhone six." She smacked her lips but settled back in her seat. "Put something good on.. for real this time." I said as I handed her my phone.

One of our unreleased songs started to play as she started to scroll on my phone like it was hers. "Rek said that he's there, and Jhene texted you. She said that she has to cancel the date tonight.." I furrowed my eyebrows and looked over at her for a second. "Said she got a breakthrough with a song and wants to finish it tonight before she loses the spark?"

I hummed, nodding as I turned onto Rodeo, looking around for a parking spot. "Just say okay." I felt Asia stare at me for a moment before typing what I asked. Once I was parked behind the familiar black SUV I started to get out when she suddenly grabbed my arm, pulling me back. "Wait can I..." I nodded and closed the door. "We haven't had a lot of time to bond as.. as sisters and I don't want to seem like i'm overstepping but.. what's up with you and your girl?"

"What do you mean?" She gave me a look, knowing that I knew exactly what she meant. Leaning back in the seat, I huffed before shrugging. "Ight I know I forgave her hella fast, I know. But it's only because I get it. I don't expect her to be completely over Sean in a week, you know? They were together for a long time. And she was honest about that, even apologizing for it. Now if she lied.. it would be different, you know? I'm not stupid.. she pulls something like that again and we'll have a problem. But i'm not petty, I trust her. And if we don't have trust, we got nothing."

She simply nodded softly. "Yeah.. I guess I get it." Her eyes rolled as she pushed the car door open. "Why you gotta be an intellectual hood nigga? It's annoying, be stupid like Kai."

I laughed under my breath and climbed out, nodding at Rek who hopped out of the SUV parked in front of us. "Yo," I said, giving him a bro hug. "I don't think ya'll have met. Asia this is my bodyguard but he more like a homie. Rek this is my little sis Asia." He shook her hand politely before fixing his simple black shirt and I playfully grabbed the back to check the tag. "A Hanes shirt bro? Man at least have a Tommy black shirt." He smacked his lips and waved me off, walking with me as I led the way. "Looks like I'll be shopping for two people today huh?"

-

Karu..

Hikaru...

I stirred in my sleep as I heard a sweet tone call my name but I was comfortable as hell and didn't feel like waking up. So I ignored it. That was until she had to put her cold ass hands on my neck. I jolted, huffing when she giggled. "Né man.." I let out groan as I stretched my back.

"Get up, I brought food." I squinted and looked at the clock besides my bed to see it was three in the morning.

"Bruh just.. just save it for tomorrow." I said, still half asleep as I laid my head back down. Then, I caught a whiff of the food and my mouth instantly started to water. "Is that Rallys?"

"Mhm." She said with a smirk when I raised up. She slid the bag onto my lap, crisscrossing her legs and sitting across from me while I opened it up. I was instantly happy. A bacon burger, large fries, the mini funnel cake fries. Basically my meal everyday from age sixteen to twenty.. three. "These always hit man." I said as I dipped the fries into the ketchup, then eating them. "How was the studio?" I asked her as I took a bite of the burger.

"It was good, we got a lot done." I nodded softly while she continued. "I feel like the songs I'm working on now are some of the best I ever have.." I hummed as I quickly finished off the burger with ease, now comfortably eating on the sides. "There's this one, it's called Moments and I really like it.

'"Yeah? I'm happy you're feeling good with what you create, it's always amazing so.. I cant wait to hear it." She simply smiled, waiting for me to finish off the rest of the food before she helped me throw away, then sliding over to cuddle with me. "Man why are you so cold?" I whispered as my head lowered into her neck and instantly feeling her cold skin.

"I don't know. Why is your skin always boiling?" I snickered at her 'come back' before lowering my head more into the crook of her neck, inhaling slowly to get a whiff of her always amazing natural scent. Only, this scent wasn't natural. "Ne, you put some spray on today?" I asked and when she shook her head 'no', I pulled back and gave her a look. "You smell like.. like cologne. Old Spice to be exact."

Her face remained non-wavering as she nodded. "I was with Julien and them so it probably rubbed off when I hugged them bye." I hummed softly, continuing to stare at her until she rolled her eyes with a huff. "Hikaru lay down. You know i'm not cheating on your dumbass."

I didn't even get the chance to reply because my phone rang nosily on the dresser. Jhené laid back on my chest when I grabbed it, my eyebrows furrowing when I saw Abe's name.

"Wassup?" I said, picking up quickly.

He sounded out of breath as muffled shouts were heard in the background. Then, a car door slammed. "Yo Y/nn." He said nonchalantly. "Niggas tried to cap me.. feel like comin back to the hood cuh?"

Without hesitating I rolled Jhené off of me and hopped out of the bed, the phone squished in the small space between my shoulder and ear as I started to pull on some dickies. "You know who it was?"

"Hell yeah, fuckin Rodney bitch ass. I fucked his girl so I guess that bitch told." I rolled my eyes as he laughed to himself. "On God I thought they broke up though."

I went into the closet and grabbed the new chrome Uzi from the little hiding slot. "Dumbass, look what you got into- now I may gotta use my gat." With those words, Jhené quickly hopped up after me and blocked the door when I tried to walk out. "What?"

"What do you mean by 'use my gat' Y/n?" She questioned with squinted eyes. "You not going back to that life.."

I gave her a look and tried to walk around her but she kept moving with me. "Babe move. If my brothers call imma go, that's mando. Watch out."

"Karu no." I clenched my jaw and told Abe that I'd be there in ten before hanging up. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"What do you mean what's wrong with me? You act like this shit is new cuh, it's not." She dropped her head into her hands and as she did that, I pulled up Maru's contact and texted him quickly before she looked back up.

Me: Need to help Abe, gonna need u to do sum for me. Come 2 my room 

Maru: Bet

I pocketed my phone as she raised her head with a huff. "You already caught what? A body, two? Stop there, Karu.. just stop there."

From the corner of my eye I could see my closet still open and that gave me an idea. "Né.. bruh fine." I huffed and rolled my eyes, walking to the closet and she watched. "Come here." I said as I set the Uzi on the desk besides the closet. When she reached me, I cupped her face and pressed my lips to her forehead. "You're right, I know this life is crazy." I felt my chest get heavy, knowing what I was about to do was fucked up and she probably would chew me out for as long as I live. But my brothers rode for me, I'd be damned if I didn't ride for them. "But It's my life." Her head shot up but I already pushed her back into the closet, then quickly shutting the door and pushing my body against it.

"Hikaru!" She exclaimed, banging on the door. "Open the damn door!"

My bedroom door then flew open and Maru walked in, nonchalantly eating a donut. "Where the hell you get that?" I questioned, pushing back again when the door almost opened. This girl was strong as fuck.

"Kai put it up and told me to save it for him." I snorted when he shrugged before handing it to me, dusting off his hands then quickly switching with me, now holding the door. "You can have it, glaze is nasty as fuck."

"Bet." I grabbed my Uzi again and started walking out before stopping, looking back with a frown. "When I leave and you let her out uh.. tell her I'm sorry and I love her." He nodded softy before tilting his head to the side in a 'go' motion. "Thanks bro."

I slid to Uzi into the front of my hoodie, then closing the zip up windbreaker I had over it so the cameras wouldn't capture some shit.

Then I was out.

-

"Thanks again cuh, I know your girl didn't want you to come." Abe said as we walked out of Jack In The Box. I nodded in response, slurping on my oreo shake.

"No sweat bro, I ride for my brothers whenever. Jhené gotta get with that or get the boot." I joked and he laughed loudly. We started to my charger but I looked at it and shook my head. "Hey.. you got anything to do right now?" I asked him and he shook his head. "Good."

30 minutes later

"Damn cuh, why the fuck you still got me in the yajects?" Abe exclaimed when I went into the glove compartment and pulled out a couple stacks. I simply chuckled and dropped the racks into my backpack before zipping it up and climbing out of the car. "I'm dead serious."

"Cause nigga, I only got three bedrooms in my place and i'm not making you sleep on the couch or nothing. Wait 'til we get bigger cuh, I'm getting a whole ass mansion and we all gon be straight." The sun was barely coming up as we walked to the dealership in Beverly Hills. In all honesty, they didn't open until ten but one call to John and he pulled strings faster than I pulled the trigger tonight. Well.. maybe it was tied. Anyways, that's why we were here at six in the morning.

"Hey, you must be Y/n." A suited, well groomed man said with his hand raised. I shook it. "So, sadly, the Mercedes that you want is no longer in stock because of the low production on it. But after talking with Johnathan about your taste, I think I may have something you'd like."

"Lets see it." I said with a nod and we both followed after him. My eyes were scanning everywhere at the luxury cars. Never did I think I would be able to come in here. Actually, that's a lie. I knew I had the talent and confidence to get here, but how fast.. that was unexpected.

"This is our newest car in the dealership. There were only about six made worldwide." He said as he pressed a button and a door slowly started to open. I squinted at the bright light coming from the room but once my eyes adjusted, the squinting was replaced with wideness. "This is the Mclaren 600LT."

"Shit." Abe mumbled and I nodded subconsciously.

"Um... how much is it?" I asked lowly.

"Two forty." He responded with a smile. "But that's paying in full, the starting price is-"

"I'll take it." I spoke up as I pulled on my backpack straps. His eyebrows shot up in shock but I nodded, saying it again in confirmation. "In full.. I don't wanna be still paying this ten years from now."

He nodded, smile growing. "Okay, follow me."

We walked after him and Abe kept hissing words at me, claiming I could've used the money to buy him shit. He was a character, wasn't he? But once we reached the office, signing the contacts and shit, it was time to pay.

"Twenty, forty, sixty, eighty, one hundred." I counted to myself, setting the stacks on the desk. "..sixty, eighty, two hundred.. two twenty, two forty." I sighed softly before pushing it to him. "There you go."

"Great." He said as he put the money into this pouch thing. "Here's all your information, and I'll drive the car around the front for you guys."

"Thank you." I said as I slid the papers into my backpack.

"Yo.. you're crazy nigga." Abe laughed, walking with me to the front. "A quarter mil on a whip- goddamn."

"I wouldn't have did it if I didn't know I could. We dropping our album in a few days, going on tour not long after that and I know both of those are going up. Not to mention we about to start this clothing line business shit with Kai. I know I'll be straight."

When we stepped outside, I raised my eyebrows when two man hopped out of a van, cameras flashing. "Hey Y/n," One said and I nodded my head at him. "Early start?"

I looked at Abe with a smirk and he chuckled as he turned his back, not a fan of cameras. "Something like that." I said with a shrug. "How ya'll know I was here?" I questioned with squinted eyes.

"We just saw you so we came." I hummed sarcastically and look over my shoulder when my new car was driven out of the gate area and parked in the driveway. "That yours?"  I simply nodded as I walked away from them towards the blue McLaren.

"Thanks again man." I said when the guy stepped out, handing me the key.

"No. T thank you." He responded.

"Aye yo," I handed my charger keys to Abe with a smirk. "Race you to my place."

"Oh you bout to eat this gas cuh."

I chuckled and slid into the car while he jogged to where my charger was parked. Looking around, I gripped the steering wheel and sank down against the suede seats that seemed to fit the mold of my body perfectly. I smirked to myself, feeling this wave of borderline cockiness wash over me. But damn did it feel good. I drove up to the red light as I leaned back, feeling content.

Once Abe pulled up next to me in the charger, he rolled the window down with a smirk. "Did you forget I use to have a charger? I know how to dip this shit."

"Sorry, what was that? Can't hear you over my quarter mil engine." He shook his head at me  when I revved the engine slightly. "What's the bet?"

"First one.. gotta pay for the next tattoo. I've been meaning to finish my neck." I laughed loudly and nodded.

"Shit, me too. Once the light turn green." He nodded and looked ahead at the red light but I blinked once and he shot through it. I rolled my eyes and looked to see a car coming but I said fuck it and smashed on the gas. The car honked loudly but I kept going, on Abe's ass as we raced to the freeway which was sightly filled. But I expected nothing less, it was Los Angeles at seven in the morning on a Thursday.

But I wasn't worried. I use to race Abe during rush hour down PCH. This.. this was light work.

-

"Man, you fuckin cheated." Abe huffed as we walked out of the elevator to my apartment. I laughed under my breath and used my key to open the door. "We had one rule back in the day, stick to main roads. You over here taking short cuts and shit."

"Bruh that rule was made when we were sixteen.. this big boy shit, stop crying like a little biiiitch." He rolled his eyes and shoved me forward as we entered the house. I was surprised to see lights on, then.. Jhené sitting on the couch with low eyes. Shit.. I forgot about her for a second.. "Sup babe." I said, easing in as Abe walked in behind me, silently feeling the tension building in the air.

She slowly stood up and walked towards me. "You're okay?" She whispered, her voice tired. I nodded and a small smile grew on her lips. "Good." Then, smack." My head whipped to the side at the harshness of her palm connecting with my cheek. "Don't you ever.." My back hit the wall when she shoved me back harshly, her pointer finger in my face as she spoke, her tone dripping with anger. "Ever.. lock me in a fucking closet like I'm some throw away jacket. Do you hear me?" I held my cheek and nodded softly. "I don't even wanna.." Her eyes fell behind her eyelids as she took in a deep breath, her hands raising and head shaking as she exhaled slowly liked she was trying to calm herself down, "I'm going home." She finished lowly.

I stayed against the wall while she walked into my bedroom, coming out a second later with her purse and sunglasses on. Abe, still standing by the door, shuffled on his feet before waving slightly. "Hey Jhe-"

"Fuck you, Abraham." She said before he could finish.

"Babe," I spoke up when she swung the door open. She looked at me and her eyes softened for a second. "I'm sorry, alright?"

"I'm not angry with you, Karu. I'm just.. I'm disappointed right now." Then she left.

Yeah, cause that was so much better. I pushed off of the wall, sitting on the couch with a huff. "Well.." I looked up at Abe as he walked to me with a wince; I then picked up the Playstation controller that sat on the coffee table, shrugging. "Feel like getting your ass whooped in 2K?"

____

Holding off on something because of future engagements BUT, know, this is the start.

Chow for now, bitches

..ew that sounded very A like, I apologize

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

100K 3.5K 33
All her life Andre has been by Alexa's side and she's been by his. After the death of there mother there father turned to drugs to cope, in turn they...
42 2 12
Amlyne had been fighting the feelings she felt for Jeffrey Alan or Jeff for 10 years. They met when she was 11 and he was 14. He had moved from Verm...
6.4M 139K 46
"Don't ever leave me again" With age comes responsibility, some comes sooner than for others. Being in a family filled with drugs and murder it's onl...
70 15 19
Sheneil mother was murmured by her first husband, whom she had not divorced and she learned that she has a brother, but her brother doesn't know abou...