Skid Knees | Y.M

By _chrissstina_

cause? accidentally bumping into someone on a snowy day effect? falling in love, with a side effect of skid k... More

one ➶
two ➴
three ➶
four ➴
five ➶
six ➴
seven ➶
nine ➶
ten ➴
eleven ➶
twelve ➴
thirteen ➶
fourteen ➴
fifteen ➶
sixteen ➴
seventeen ➶
eighteen ➴
nineteen ➶
twenty➴
twenty one ➶
twenty two ➴
twenty three ➶
twenty four ➴
epilogue ➵
➵ Next Book ➵

eight ➴

203 14 0
By _chrissstina_

             Tomorrow was the start of the week long summer camp. Lue was running herself crazy with setting everything up for the team. Nekomata kept trying to remind the young girl that she didn't have to be so riled up, but she couldn't help herself! This was the first time in three years that Lue put her all into something, and she wanted to do it the best she could. "Ah! Over here please!" Lue shot up from her desk as a first year stood nervously in the door. Yaku stared at Lue, watching her practically fall over her chair and over to the taller, younger girl. "I'm sorry I couldn't find more, but these are from the last five years." Lue shook her head to reassure the girl that what she had handed her was more than enough.

"Thank you! Please tell the liberian thank you for me as well!" She bowed with a wide smile and watched the girl walk down the hallway. Lue held the large thin books close to her chest, softly giggling to herself. I'm going to be the best manager at the summer camp! Lue smiled at her thoughts with closed eyes and a bobbing head. "Lue what're those?" Kai leaned forward in his seat with a small grin. The third year manager perked you and spun in her seat to face the boy who was seated diagonal from her. "These are detailed journals from the past five years!" She said over joyed. "Journals from who exactly?" Kai chuckled. "From previous sport club managers! They've all had tons of summer camps and day camps! I want to read and gather as much information as I can!" She held her finger up high and puffed out her chest proudly.

Across from her seat and in front of Kai sat the libero Yaku. His cheeks were starting to hurt from the constant smiling he was doing, but it couldn't be helped. He was watching the girl he cared for so deeply open up to the people around her. Sure Kai was apart of the volleyball team, but not until recently Lue started to act like her cute self in class around others. "Yaku you agree right?" Lue faced the boy. He stared at her with a blank expression, blinking at her three times. "What?" He said plain as day, in return Lue's facial expression fell into a scowl. "You weren't listening." She glared at him. Yaku sat up straighter and began to chuckle, his cheeks a little red. "What had your mind so preoccupied that you blocked everything else out?" She leaned her chin into her palm. "I know!" Kuroo poked his head into the conversation.

Yaku jolted to his feet and wrapped his arm around the tall boys neck, his hand covering his mouth. "No you don't!" Yaku kept a smile on his face but his tone was harsh. Lue looked at the two with an odd expression, Yaku just kept smiling at her while Kuroo's words were being muffled. With a slight shrug, "I'm going to read these elsewhere." Lue stood up and left the classroom. Yaku finally released Kuroo and sunk back into his seat, letting out a long breath he had no idea he was holding. "Yo Yaku," Kuroo took a seat on Lue's desk only getting a hum from the libero. "About Loo, just so we're all on the same page," He said with his natural sly tone causing Yaku to stare up at him. "You like like her right?" He smirked down. "What are we in grade school again?" Yaku grumbled with his arms crossed, making sure to look away. "Just answer the damn question will ya," Kuroo rubbed his neck. The libero thought about his next words, should he just admit it? If Kuroo's asking about it does that mean he's obvious with his feelings? Does Lue think the same!?

"Well.." Yaku moved a hand over his mouth, "Yeah..of course." His words were barely auditable to his two friends. Kai and Kuroo shared a smile and remained quiet. But in that same second it took to smile at each other, something clicked in Yaku's head. His whole face flushed red and he snapped his attention to his captain. "Wait! We're?!" His voice going an octave higher. "The team," Kai happily patted the boys shoulder. "It's obvious man!" Kuroo laughed aloud, "But Lue's so clueless it's even funnier!" He clutched his stomach as he laughed. The captains words made Yaku sulked in his chair for two reasons.

Hours later it was afternoon practice. Lue was in her usual spot against the wall in her gym attire, analyzing each player. And with the help of those journals, she knew what to expect for the next week, how to keep the team motivated, and even some tips to keep herself entertained while she wasn't needed. The girl smiled proudly to herself at the small thought of her manager notebook being filled with color coded notes and little doodles. The team was currently focusing on serves, one hundred each to be exact. The boys' arms were sore and dripping with sweat, but none wanted to quit. "Lue," Naoi nodded at the girl who replied with a smile and nod. She took a few steps inward and clutched the notebook to her chest. "U-Um can I get everyone's attention!" She nervously called out, thankful that some boys heard her and got the others attention.

"What's up Loo?" Inouka panted as he jogged over. "Does our pretty manager want to give us some words of encouragement?" Yamamoto lovingly leaned forward with folded hands, only to be whacked on the back of his head by a certain third year libero. Lue took in a deep breath before speaking. "Tomorrow we'll be meeting up at the front gates of school for the bus ride to Shinzen high, so be here around five in the morning okay?" She paused. Her eyes lit up seeing how everyone was tuned into her. "With that being said," She took another step closer to the boys with a massive grin, "Let's show those other schools not to mess with cats!" She earned a loud cheer from the team and sweet pats on the head.

"You're one bad ass manager kitten!" Kuroo patted her head with a proud smile. "Lue you're so cool!" Shibayama exclaimed happily. "Told you so," Yaku was the next, and the last to pat the girls head, doing so with a tender smile. Lue smiled back at the boy who she was secretly crushing on with red cheeks. "Look Inouka! Yaku's able to pat her head and look down at her! It's cute!" Lev spoke up a few feet behind the two third years. "Lev not so loud!" Inouka warned, but it was too late. Yaku was already kicking him in the back while cursing at him.

Not too far behind them stood the two coaches of Nekoma. Both smiling like prideful parents. "Lue really fits in wonderfully." Naoi smiled with his hand on his hip. "She really brings a certain spark to the team," Nekomata nodded with a smile. They stood back and watched the boys along with Lue laugh with one another. It was a precious sight for both coaches.

Lue was heading back to the gym after changing out of her gym clothes and back into her school uniform. She wanted to make sure the gym was all tidied up before heading home, and wanted to see if Inouka wanted to walk home together. "Everyone's gone already?" She spoke to herself seeing the gym lights off and the door locked. Probably rushed home to get sleep for tomorrow, she thought to herself with a small sigh. She walked to the front of school with thoughts of what she should pack for the week long trip. Will I share a room with the other managers?! She internally got happy thinking about the friends she could possibly make. Her attention was pulled away from her thoughts when she heard talking a few feet ahead of her.

"Yaku's still here? Kuroo and Kenma too?" She hummed while getting closer to the trio, her hands nervously starting to fiddle with each other. She froze when a certain boy caught sight of her, butterflies erupting in her stomach. "See, told you you'd find her." Kuroo slapped Yaku's back playfully. "You were like a lost puppy," Kenma spoke softly ever so slightly looking up from his phone. Yaku clicked his tongue, "Was not." his voice just above a whisper. He jogged over to the girl he was just asking about, stopping in front of her with a big smile. "Want to walk home together?" He said in the cutest way it made Lue's knees weak.

The girl felt like everything Yaku did was a million times more effective on her know after realizing how she truly felt about him. "Mhm," She swallowed down the butterflies and gave him a sweet smile. The two talked casually through the streets, enjoying one another's company. Yaku glanced ahead and saw it was almost at the corner before they always parted ways, he feet stopped moving and he just watched the girl move a little bit ahead of him. His hand moved before he could think, it reached out and grabbed Lue's hand. Yaku's body began to shake, his face put cherry's to shame, but his hand wouldn't let go of hers. "Is something wrong.." Her soft voice bounced in his ears.

"About tomorrow," Yaku gulped and looked away. "Can- Do- I uh I mean tomorrow on the bus—"

"I want to sit with you," Lue cut him off, staring at him with her molasses eyes, pulling him in just like the sticky substance.

Yaku felt the nerves slip away as he let out a quick breath. All in one movement, he intertwined their already connect hands, pulled her into his chest, and wrapped his free hand around her body. Lue was surprisingly not stunned by this at all and was sinking into his natural warmth, absorbing his scent into her clothes. "I'll come get you in the morning then, deal?" He held her tighter. "Deal," She nuzzled herself into his chest more, her hand gripping the back hem of his shirt. She felt herself re-like the boy all over again, reliving each second in her head. Completely relaxed in his arms, until he pulled his next move.

"Goodnight Loo!" Yaku quickly jogged away towards his house, giddy written all over his face. Lue on the other hand was a shaking mess, her hand placed lightly on her forehead where Yaku had just pecked ever so lightly,

but so delicately.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 491 7
Haikyuu x OC
1.1K 22 17
"2012??? IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE 2021!!!" . . . . "Sorry..you're just my comfort character nothing more" . . . . Y/n is a normal girl, acne, messy hair...
116K 2.2K 45
What if you were in the Haikyuu universe? You love volleyball but is it everything to you? Y/n has had a rough past but you have amazing volleyball p...
234K 8.2K 41
[ COMPLETED ] A Reader x Sakusa Kiyoomi fanfic, where you both fall in love at the most unexpected circumstances. You are not part of the volleyball...