Point Of Impact

By Grattsfan

Former USWNT players, Kelley O'Hara and Hope Solo have been married for a few years now. Kelley learns that H... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25

Part 22

1.1K 42 3
By Grattsfan

A few weeks have passed and Sam has settled in nicely with the Pugh's.

Hope is now back in Seattle with Ava and they have spent the time getting to know each other better while Kelley and Mia have been doing the same on the opposite side of the country.

Ava walks out of the house one morning looking for Hope and finds her and a gentleman rounding up the chickens and loading them into the back of his truck. She sees and hears Ralph making it known that he isn't happy with his current accommodations and can't help but laugh at it.

"Serves him right for chasing me and Mia all the time, good riddance!" Ava thinks as she continues to watch on.

Once they are all collected Hope and the gentleman shake hands and the truck departs.

Hope walks over to Ava, "Morning." "Morning, Hope. So you were serious when you said you were selling the chickens."

"I was. Ava let's go inside so we can talk."

Hope washes up and then joins Ava in the living room with the dogs, who are now attached to her.

"Ava, I've really enjoyed having you here and getting to know you better."

"Me too, it's been fun doing some stuff with you that Mom would never allow me to do like shooting a gun."

"Please, don't lead with that when we get to Atlanta, okay, kid?"

Ava laughs, "No promises, it was pretty cool."

"Ava, I need to ask you something."

"What?"

"I've been doing a lot of thinking about everything, your Mom and I and you girls especially. Kelley and Mia know about the move to Georgia now and both are excited about it."

"I can't wait to have Mia and you in the same area as us."

"Um... well, Ava, about that ... I love your Mom, I always have and always will. What I'm trying to say is that I don't just want Mia and me to live in the same area as you and Kelley, I want us all to live together and I want to make our family whole again; I want to ask your Mom to marry me and be my wife and partner again. What do you think about that?"

"Are you asking for my permission to propose to Mom?" Ava looks at Hope all serious.

Hope nods, "I know everything has moved incredibly fast and we aren't even technically together right now, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it and us happen. Before you answer I want to show you something." Hope stands up, walks over to her desk and pulls out a small box. Returning to the couch she opens the box and reveals two simple gold bands inside.

"Are they?"

Hope nods, "Yes, they are our original wedding bands. They are inscribed H+K=Forever, inside." Ava lifts up one of the rings and looks at the etching inside.

"You broke her heart. How do I know, you aren't going to do it again? Not to mention break Mia and me up again."

"Because I'm not the same person I was back then and I'm not going to run away at the first sign of trouble; I'm going to stay around and fight for those I love."

"Okay, you have my permission, but please don't hurt her."

"Thank you and I don't plan on ever hurting your Mom ever again."

"How are you planning on doing it? And are you planning on buying her a ring?"

"I am and I could use your help to pick one out for her; I know she doesn't do flashy."

"No, she doesn't."

"How about we go ring shopping after I do my final broadcast on Saturday?"

A few days later, Hope and Ava make the cross-country flight from Seattle to Atlanta. After collecting and loading their suitcases on a cart they push it and await the arrival of their ride.

Ava spotting Kelley, Mia and Lexa goes running across the airport as Hope pushes the cart behind her.

Ava hugs Kelley and Mia and then holds on to Lexa before placing a gentle kiss on her lips, "What are you doing here, Lex?"

"Your Mom flew me in earlier to surprise you, I'm staying for a few days." Ava turns and smiles at Kelley who nods in acknowledgement.

"It's so good to see and feel you in person, rather than through a screen." Ava and Lexa continue to hold each other as the other three watch on.

Kelley looks and Hope and signals her to follow her off to the side.

"What's on your mind, Kel?"

"Us."

"What about us?"

Kelley moves closer to Hope and looking at each other, they both know what is wanted at the moment as their mouths join and they kiss in the middle of the airport.

Mia watches on as they all kiss and feels like a third wheel.

"C'mon, guys, break it up!" Mia yells out, causing the others to laugh and finally separate.

They collect the cart and head out to the car and then on to Kelley and Ava's apartment.

"It's late guys, time to hit the sack. Who is sleeping where?"

"I'm on the couch, I'm not listening too or watching them make out," Mia responds.

"Fine with us. We have some catching up to do." Ava leans over and kisses Lexa's cheek. "Eww."

"We need to find you a boyfriend, Mia. I know a couple of guys from school, I'll hook you up."

"No offence Sis, but I'm pretty certain we are interested in different types."

"You don't like baseball and football players?"

"Ohh, we'll talk in the morning; you have pictures, right?" Ava laughs and nods in response to Mia's question.

Once the girls are all settled in for bed, Kelley and Hope head into the bedroom.

"You sure about this, Kel? I can still get a hotel room."

Kelley sits down on the bed and pats the spot beside her indicating that Hope should have a seat.

"Hope, I love you and I love Mia; I want us to move in together and be a family. I've already been looking at places to accommodate all of us, including your dogs."

Hope looks at Kelley before walking over to her suitcase and pulling out the ring box, she previously showed Ava along with a second one.

"Kel, we always talked about how fate originally brought us together and that if we were meant to be together, we would always find our way back to each other." Hope opens the first box, revealing the gold wedding bands, which causes Kelley to do a double-take. She goes to talk but Hope doesn't let her. "I'm not done, yet. We've made plenty of mistakes in our lives, but they have all served as learning experiences on the path to where we are now. Kelley, I love you and part of me always has, we always said we were each other's forever and from the moment I saw you in the office with Harris, I knew I wasn't going to let you go again." Hope drops down to one knee and opens the second box revealing the diamond ring Ava helped her pick out, "We have a long road ahead of us Kel, and there is no one in this world I would rather have as my co-pilot than you. I love you, Kelley Maureen O'Hara and I would really like to call you my wife again if you'll have me. Will you marry me, Kel?"

"Woah and here I thought asking you to move in together was a big step for us."

Hope still down on one knee looks at Kelley, "Knees aren't as good as they used to be, kinda need an answer to my question, before I get stuck in this position."

"Hope..."

"SAY YES, MOM!" Ava yells out as Mia hits her in the arm "Oww! That hurt Mia."

Hope and Kelley look at the door where their daughters and Lexa are standing and watching with tears in their eyes.

Ava walks in, "You guys love each other." Mia follows her lead, "And you belong together." Ava takes her sister's hand, "Forever."

"Yes."

All eyes focus on Kelley, "Was that a yes?"

"Yes, Hope, I'll marry you." Hope places the ring on her finger, "Kel, can you help me get up so I can kiss you?" Kelley laughs before helping her get up, they kiss as the girls swarm them.

"Out of curiosity, how did all three of you end up at the door at exactly the time I was proposing?"

"Ava had to go to the bathroom and heard you talking and apparently she knew about the ring, so she came and got us to see if it would happen, which it did," Mia responds.

"Which reminds me, I still have to pee." Ava takes off causing them all to laugh at her.

"Alright, the rest of you get to bed; we'll talk about this in the morning."

"Night, Mom and Mommy." Mia leaves the room with Lexa.

Hope and Kelley look at each other, "Which one of us is Mommy?"

Hope gets up and closes the bedroom door, "How about we find out who's the Daddy first?"

Laying in each other's arm, both are beyond happy at the turn of events.

"Kel, you know how you said before that we would figure out things with Sam together, have you changed your mind at all about that?"

"No, what's prompting this Hope?"

"I may have already told Denver Human Services that you were my fiancée and that we were putting in a joint application to adopt Sam; as they wouldn't approve me alone."

"A little presumptive of you to assume I would say yes, huh, Hopey?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry for springing it on you but I also didn't want you to think that I was only doing it just so I could adopt Sam."

"Hope, listen to me; I love you and we are getting married because I'm too hot to just be shacking up with you. Also, I'm 100% on board with bringing Sam into our family, I love that kid."

"So, we're doing this then? Getting married and trying to adopt Sam?"

"Yep, but first, I'm not ready to sleep yet fiancée of mine." Kelley smiles at Hope before climbing on top of her and joining their mouths.

The next few days are filled with excitement as they begin the search for a new home that will fit all of them.

Ava is sad when she has to say goodbye to Lexa, but knowing that she will be able to talk to her all the time helps as they wave to each other before Lexa disappears to board her plane.

"You know Mom, I don't know how you did it; being apart from Hope for so long. I miss Lexa already and the plane hasn't even left yet."

Kelley wraps her arm around her, "I had you to help me get through it and I'm here for you to help you get through it."

"Love you, Mommy. Yeah, that's gonna take some getting used to." Ava mumbles.

Kelley laughs, "I love you too, kiddo; now let's go and see what kind of trouble Hope and Mia have gotten into while we've been gone."

Arriving back at the apartment, Kelley and Ava are met by the delicious smell of home-cooked food at the door and laughing.

They look at each other before making their way in further and finding Erin, Karen and Dan all chatting with Hope and Mia in the living room.

"Mom, Dad, Erin what are you all doing here?"

Hope stands up and walks over to Kelley kissing her on the cheek, "I invited them for supper. Would you like some wine or a beer, Babe?"

Kelley shakes her head, "What's wrong, Kel?"

"I feel like I've stepped into some form of parallel universe. You're all getting along and Hope, you cooked? You never cooked before."

"I've picked up a few things over the years, including how to make a killer lasagna. Go sit down and I'll bring you a drink, you're going to need it because apparently you didn't inform your parents that we were engaged or planning on adopting Sam."

"I can still make a run for the door." Kelley goes to turn and Hope grabs her arm, turning her and pulling her in for a kiss, "We don't run anymore; we face things head-on, together. I love you."

"Love you too."

Kelley sits down beside the girls on the floor.

"So, Kelley, I hear you have some news to share with us. But first, show us the ring."

Kelley lifts her hand up to show the engagement ring off to her family.

"When are you guys getting married, again?" Erin asks.

"We thought that perhaps, we would just pick a day and get married at City Hall. We went big the first time around and well that didn't exactly work out; this time it will be just about us finding our way back to each other."

Kelley and Hope smile at each other as she says it.

"Next question, when do we get to meet Sam?"

"Unfortunately, she isn't allowed to leave Denver with the way her custody currently is being handled. Not exactly sure what that means, but I think it means no one wants to deal with the paperwork right now. But, if you like we can Facetime her after supper; Hope and I haven't told her about the engagement yet either."

They sit down at the table to eat and enjoy each other's company. Karen and Dan keep looking at Ava and Mia, still getting used to the idea that their twin Granddaughters have been reunited after all these years.

"Girls, can we ask you something?"

"Yeah, Grandma, what is it?"

"How do you guys feel about the idea of your Moms adopting Sam? Are you concerned at all about it?"

"Of course, we are concerned about it and how things are changing for all of us; but we love Sam, she is our friend and she deserves to be surrounded by people who love her and want her to be apart of their family, however dysfunctional it may be at times." Mia looks at Ava and nods, "Yeah, what she said. Sam is one of us now."

"What about if they decline your petition for adoption, Kelley and Hope, what happens to her then?"

"Hopefully, that won't happen but if it does, Horace and Karen will be putting in their own application to adopt her. Either way, she will be with people who love her."

"How long until you know anything?"

"It could be awhile it complicates things that we want to adopt her out of State. We are being subjected to heavy-duty background stuff and they will be interviewing our friends and family, so expect to be called at some point to vouch for us."

"So, Ava, what's this about you having a girlfriend?" Ava looks at Kelley who can't help but laugh at her deer in the headlights reaction. "Sorry, not sorry, kid."

"Yes, I have a girlfriend, her name is Lexa and I really like her."

"How about you share with your Grandparents who Lexa's Mom is."

"Lexa's Mom, is Mom's former USWNT teammate, Sam Mewis."

"No way!" Erin laughs, "You fell for a Mewwy." "Shut it, Auntie E!"

They finish eating and after cleaning up sit down to call Sam, so they can share their news.

As the call connects, they see Sam come on screen

"Hey, guys, what's so important that you needed to talk with me rather than just messaging?"

"One sec, Moms, you're up" Mia passes her phone to Kelley and Hope.

"Hey Sam, how's everything?"

"Good, Horace got me into a rec league and I've made a few friends."

"That's awesome. You let us know if you need anything, okay?"

"I will, so what's got them so excited?"

"You know that Hope and Mia are moving here right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, Hope and I are also getting married." They hear a scream and see the phone hit the floor.

Sam picks it back up, "Are you serious?"

They both nod

"Oh my god! Horace, Karen come here."

They see Mal's parents come closer in the background, "Hope and Kelley are getting married!" "Congratulations!!" "Thank you."

"When is it happening?"

"We're not sure yet, kiddo, but it's not going to be anything fancy, just a quick trip to City Hall. Probably after we get everything and everyone straightened away for moving and school."

"Eww, school!"

"Mia, that's enough."

"Sorry, Mom."

"Sam, I have some people here who would like to meet you, are you up to it?"

"Yep, the longer I'm on the phone with you guys the less chance of me having to tidy up my room before supper."

"Sam." Hope looks at the screen.

Sam rolls her eyes, "I know, I'll do it after I promise, Hope."

"You better, I don't want to hear that you aren't helping around the house like you promised."

"I will. So, who is there?"

The phone gets taken out of Hope's hand, "Hey, I'm Erin, you're um... soon to be Aunt."

"Oh, I know you, you're the one who always tells everyone to use protection and talks about sex and vibrators with Ava."

"Erin!"

"C'mon, kid, not cool! You sure we aren't already related, because you got a big mouth like Squirrel."

"Squirrel?"

"Kelley."

"Oh, I get it, the hair, right?"

Erin nods, "I like you, you're quick, you'll need to be in this family. I'm going to pass you on to the 'rents now, talk to you later Sam."

"Bye Erin."

Karen and Dan come on the screen, "Hi Sam, we're Kelley's parents."

"Kinda figured, guess we all know where she got the freckles from."

They bust out laughing, "I think you'll fit in just fine. We'll pass you back to the girls now, nice meeting you Sam."

"Nice meeting you too, I think, but is it really meeting if we are just talking through a screen?"

They hear Sam being called in the background, "I'm being called for supper now, can I call you guys back later?" Sam looks at Mia and Ava and they nod, "Bye, Sam."

"Bye."

Kelley looks at her parents, "So, what do you guys think of her?"

"She reminds me of you when you were the girl's age."

"That's good then right?"

"You were a little hellion once you hit puberty, Kelley."

"Oh, so that's not good."

"Where's the popcorn, when you need it because things are about to get interesting in the ... O'Hara Solo, no Solo O'Hara household." Erin mimics reaching into a popcorn bag and putting some in her mouth. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Push By AK

Fanfiction

254K 7.2K 63
Cameron Santiago has went through ordeals in her life no teenager should go through. With the right people in her life, she will do big things. She l...
Saved By Alex

Fanfiction

381K 13.1K 160
Kimora is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her Parents. Her father's second wife has become abusive and hasn't let...
Free Solo By Alex

Fanfiction

688K 17.3K 114
Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and she's been gone for almost 4 years. Wha...
83.2K 1.5K 32
The story that shows my life at 16 and being the next top soccer player for the U.S. National team. Fanfiction of the USWNT some AU!