I'll Help You « Michael × Eva...

By Obsessively_nerdy

(So... pretend that Evan "attempted" at the beginning of the year-ish, instead of summer. For the story. ;)) ... More

-Chapter One-
-Chapter Two-
-Chapter Three-
-Chapter Four ½-
-Chapter Five-
-Chapter Six-
-Chapter Six ½-
-Chapter Seven-
-Chapter Seven ½-
-Chapter Eight-
-Chapter Nine-
-Chapter Nine ½-
-Chapter Nine ¾-
🌼Smol A/N🌼
-Chapter 10-

-Chapter Four-

131 7 17
By Obsessively_nerdy

~clang clang clang clang, I feel the pressure blowing up!~

T.W: Mentions of suicide attempt, panic attack

      Michael glanced at Evan every now and then, taking in his appearance and company. It was really something he could get used to. Michael noticed the acorn apparently really liked polo's, as he was wearing another blue one today. It was checkered, with green, black, and dark blue stripes, topped off with light blue jeans, fluffy hair, and dark red low-top Converse. That made Michael smile a bit.

      'Dead Mom' came on, and the slushie boi instantly turned the volume up. Evan was about to ask about his enthusiasm, but Michael instantly shushed him. 

"You'll like this one. It's one of my favorites."

      Michael watched as Evan began to slowly light up as he listened to it, smiling brightly. 

"I actually really do like it!"

"And this isn't even the best song," Michael pointed out. "You're gonna love 'Home' and 'What I Know Now.'"

    Evan remained grinning, picking at his cast with a sigh as it changed to the next song. Michael frowned, taking a hold of Evan's hand and lightly tugged it off, letting go once he was done. 

"Don't do that Ev. You'll ruin it."

      The boy nodded with a shrug, leaning back and listening to the song again. 

      A while later, they finished 'That Beautiful Sound,' which Evan did not like 'Girl Scout,' and they were standing up, getting ready to go. 

"Thanks for sitting by m-me during lunch Michael. It means a lot."

"Of course Evan! Just remember to text me if you need anything, kay?"

"Y-yeah. 'Course," he grinned.

"Alrighty. I'll walk you to your locker, then I gotta go."

      Evan nodded, walking back into the building with Michael, glancing up at him. 

"S-so... do you always wear your hoodie?"

      Michael chuckled.

"Only take it off at night or when I absolutely have to."

      The acorn snickered as he reached his locker, sighing.

"Well... thanks again Michael."

"Don't mention it, Ev. I'll meet you here at the end of the day?"

      He nodded in confirmation, smiling as he began to open his locker. Michael saluted a goodbye as he walked away, Evan doing the same awkwardly and grabbing his stuff as Michael walked down the hallway.

~~~

      Passing period between classes 5-6th. Evan's least favorite time of day. It used to be lunch, up until today when Michael started sitting by him. His 6th period teacher didn't let the students inside the classroom until the bell rang. Which means Evan has to roam the hallway until he can actually go to class. The hallway, other than the cafeteria, is literally the worst place in school. Bumping into people left and right, that awkward random eye contact he would make with people, the feeling of people talking about him...

      He hated it.

      But he usually just hangs out by his locker until a minute before the bell rings. Passing period lasts five. Five whole minutes of just standing there, waiting for the bell to ring. It always made his anxiety go haywire. 

"Pretty protective for 'just a friend.'"

     Evan instantly looked up from the floor, coming face to face with a familiar family friend. 

"Ugh Jared. He's n-not my b-boyfriend!"

"You sure about that? I mean... I was just joking around, and pissed him off just like that," he snapped his fingers with a snort. 

"You weren't j-joking around, you were being yourself. He just wanted you to realize how mean your normal attitude is."

      Jared's eyes widened. Evan rarely stood up for himself, and when he did he was a stuttering mess. 

"Wow... Michael is really helping you, huh?" he laughed.

"What do you mean?"

"You've been stuttering a whole lot less. And you've been more confident."

      Evan's eyes widened, and he smiled.

"S-so you do pay attention to me?"

"Hardly," he rolled his eyes, fighting back a smile.

      The acorn knew Jared always had a nice heart, he just never acted like it. The truth is, Jared is pretty sensitive. Not to mention insecure. Like hell he would admit it, though.

      At that exact moment, Connor Murphy, a very... disturbed, as Evan would put it, student walked by. This was one of those moments where Jared actually wants to be a dick, and acts on those feelings. They happened often, just mostly with 'friends.'

"Love the new hair length," he whispered. "Very school shooter chic."

      Connor halts in his step, and turns towards the both of them with a glare. The two boys shrink into themselves, and Evan glances at Jared, telling him to do something.

"I was kidding. It was a joke," he informed nonchalantly. 

"Yeah, no, it was funny. I'm laughing, can't you tell?"

      Connor, however, was not even cracking a smile. His face was cold as stone, staring at Jared. 

      The only way Jared could find himself to respond was laughing nervously, Evan subconsciously doing the same. 

"You're such a freak," Jared attempted at a joke. 

      Evan instantly nudged Jared in the side, eyes widening. 

"What the fuck are you laughing at? Stop fucking laughing at me."

      That confused Jared and Evan even more, since they stopped a couple seconds ago. Evan played with the hem of his shirt nervously, not looking up from the floor. 

"W-we're not," Evan answered.

"You think I'm a freak?" he asked the tree boi.

"No. I don't-"

"I'm not the freak."

"I didn't-"

      He turned to speechless Jared, eyes narrowing.

"You're the fucking freak."

      Evan blinked, and Jared was on the ground.

(Don't @ me. I'm allowed to change it. XD)

      Jared's glasses fell off his face, and he quickly picked them up. The friends looked up, shocked to see that Connor looked more afraid of himself than they were of him. He stormed off, black combat boots pounding on the hallway floor, and Evan helped Jared up.

"Are you guys alright?"

      Zoe.

      Evan spun around, heart plummeting as his eyes met hers. He instantly looked away, staring at the ground.

"W-we're fine."

"I'm sorry about my brother," she sighed. "He's a psychopathic."

"Yeah. No. We were just messing around," Jared muttered. 

       Evan's eyes widened at the sight of the meme teen. He was expecting his normal, unphased wise ass appearance, along with that stupid, cocky grin. But he was really the opposite. Eyes distant, and almost... guilty, and lips pursed into a thin line. 

      'Did Connor really affect him that much?'

      Jared left without saying a word, Zoe clearing her throat.

"Evan, right?"

      The boy mentioned looked up at Zoe, expecting his heart to leap in his throat at her shiny hair, or bright eyes... 

      That's not what happened. 

      It was just his normal anxiety, which he wasn't used to feeling around Zoe. The fact that things were changing just made him even more anxious, and he felt his breath picking up speed.

"Do I have something on my nose?"

"N-no. Why?"

"You're staring at me."

"O-oh. I-I'm sorry."

      Zoe shakes her head. 

"Well... I'm Zoe," she held out her hand.

      Evan grabbed her hand gently, shaking it slightly, and that scared him even more. If he still liked her, he probably would've done some awkward hand wave, not actually touching her hand! 'What the hell is happening?'

"I-I know."

"You know?"

"N-no, I mean I know you. I know who you are. I've seen you p-play guitar in jazz band. I l-love jazz band. I love j-jazz. Not all jazz, but definitely jazz b-band jazz. That's so weird, I'm sorry."

      Zoe chuckled.

"It's alright."

      Evan shifted awkwardly, feeling sweaty all over and desperately needing an escape. 

"I-I'm sorry. I n-need to g-get to c-class," he mumbled, slowly losing his breath, sight getting blotchy.

"Oh! Alright! See you around?"

      The thought of that made Evan tense, and he nodded stiffly. 

"Y-y-yeah."

      He started to walk away, waving his hand goodbye until he turned the corner. Once he did, though, he booked it down the hallway and towards the nearest bathroom. 

      He slammed the door shut, and collapsed onto the toilet seat as sobs wracked through him, bell ringing. 

      Evan didn't like change at all. It always scared the shit out of him. But now, his crush of basically three years was gone and he didn't understand why. His breathing was rushed as if he just ran a marathon, and tears gushing down his cheeks. 

      He placed his elbows on his knees, and hands in his hair. He was having another panic attack, and, as usual, no one was there- Michael.

      The acorn was quickly racing to grab his phone, pulling up Michael's contact. (It's 'Micha🎶' if you must know)

'Bathroom by Mr. Price's classroom. Help?'

      Michael felt his phone buzz, and he instantly took it out once the teacher wasn't looking. His eyes widened at Evan's text and quickly responded with an 'I'll be right there. Hold on, Ev.'

      He put his phone away, and immediately raised his hand. 

"Yes Michael?"

"Can I go to the bathroom?"

"I don't know, can you?" she raised an arched brow.

      The slushie boi scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"When I was using 'can' I was using its secondary model form as a verbal modifier, asking for permission, as opposed to expressing ability. As a teacher, I thought you'd know that."

       The class snickered as the teacher gaped, and she nodded.

"Go."

      Michael instantly shot up, speeding out of the room. When he stepped outside he let out a breath. The bathroom Evan was talking about was talking about two hallways away, so he rushed towards the acorn's location. 

      He opened the door to the bathroom, hearing small cries and sniffles.

"Evan?"

"Michael?" he whispered out. 

      Michael went to the back stall, and opened it slowly. 

"Ev?" he frowned when he saw his figure curled up into himself on the toilet seat. "What happened?" he asked while crouching down in front of him. 

"Z-Zoe... we talked and there's no feelings there, and everything is changing, and-"

"Evan. Breathe. In for four, hold for seven, out for eight. Things are changing, but for the better. You still have me, and you always will as long as you want me around.

      Evan sniffed with a smile, nodding. 

"Thanks Michael. I-I know I'll want you around. Don't worry about that."

      Michael nodded with a grin, pulling Evan into a hug. 

      Evan realized two things in that moment:

      He legitimately has a friend; one that was there for him. Always.

      And he was getting the feelings he longed for so much again, but this time... not for Zoe.

1791 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 462 20
"If only I hadn't fall in love..........." An unreported medical error caused Jeff's mother's sudden death....... 12 years later, the time for vegean...
12.1K 254 18
Jeremy mom left them alone his dad suffering. Jeremy haves his own problems so doesn't give a sh*t about his dad. Evan and his mom are by themselves...
613K 21.3K 60
"Don't do that." I mumble. "Why not?" His husky voice cracks as he speaks softly into my ear. Blood rushes to various places in my body. "You're m...
67.4K 2.3K 20
Sapnap wants a break from his life and meets a boy who wants to aswell. They both hangout together until sapnap begins to develop feelings. DISCLAIME...