After Hours

By MonaChiedu

Destiny Parker is a 31 year old African American woman stuck working a nine to five job and balancing the rol... More

Chapter 1: Tickling Your Fancy
Chapter 2: Business As Usual
Chapter 3: Sleeping Over...
Chapter 4: Blow Me One Last Kiss...
Chapter 5: A Missed Opportunity
Chapter 6:Preschool Behavior
Chapter 7: Caribbean Girl
Chapter 8: What's For Dinner...Leftover Resentment
Chapter 9: The Things You Do With A Pole
Chapter 10: All I Want For Chistmas
Chapter 11: Parade of Idiots
Chapter 12: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 14: Battlecry
Chapter 15:It All Comes Down 1/2
Chapter 15 2/2 : I Can Feel Your Pain
Chapter 16: Picture Me Broken
Chapter 17:Closer Together...When We Are Apart
Chapter 18: The Healing Process
Chapter 18: The Healing Process (Part 2)
Chapter 19: Again With You
Chapter 20: On The Dotted Line
Chapter 21:Affairs Of The Heart & The Pregnancy Mafia
Chapter 22: Make It Official
Epilogue: Like Mother...Like Daughter
Nelle One-Shot Suprise
What's Next...

Chapter 13:When Shit Gets Real

107K 3.1K 398
By MonaChiedu

(In Alex's pov for a change. Music at the side is from Hal Linton. Yay for all Caribbean music selections)

"Say it again," Alex looked down at Destiny laying boneless beneath him, her hair in every which direction looking like a small child who had just had a tussle in the hay. Her fingers were on his mouth, as if she had been trying to feel his lips as he spoke. It was a tad silly but he had learned the many sides of Destiny so it didn't faze him much.

"I love you," She smirked smirking like a cute child who had gotten away with something wicked. But her expression soon changed and she squirmed from under him pulling the sheets around herself even though he had every curve of her body memorized.

"Why do you love me?" She asked flatly resting her head on her knees which she had pulled up to her chest. He understood that this was still the scared Destiny but he was working hard to send her packing for a while.

"Because without you I can be just myself. And you're kind of like a cold I can't rid of. An adorably sexy little cold," He admitted, kissing her bare shoulder.

"Is that you trying to be romantic? I can't really tell," The first chance he got, he was going to track down Jace and make him pay for hurting her. But in this instant he couldn't stand to be without her for a moment.

"I'm kind of rusty babe,"

"I can tell. You may proceed to try again," He was sure that she was going to laugh at him at any second for him incredible fail. Even though her cheeks got puffy as she tried to hold it in, she didn't laugh even though she had gone a few notches up on the cut scale.

"Look at me then," He was nervous as hell as she looked at him seeking a followup to his previous declaration of love. "I love you because of who you are but most of all because with you everything could be going wrong but just seeing you...holding you makes everything seem right,"

She blinked quickly turning away from him pulling the sheets off the bed and going into the bathroom closing the door behind him. He listened for a few minutes before he heard the water in the bathroom, knowing she needed time to process his words.

After a minute he knocked on the bathroom door, hearing her scrambling to reach it before he did. "Hey," He smiled down as her seeing the tear streaked face which she had scrubbed trying to hide the evidence.

"Hey,"

"Been crying?" He asked already knowing the answer. "Come here often doll?" He joked as she swatted him playfully. She nodded sniffling shoving him again when he smiled.

"I don't know why I do this all the time," She tried to laugh it off but ended up bawling again covering her mouth, too emotional to smack him senseless.

He pulled her to him, letting her cry it out. His life had taken an unusual twist.

Love declarations and crying women. But no matter how much he had tried to forget these feelings in the past, they had caught up to him. He would die before he let someone hurt her as Jace had.

"I love you Dessie," Those eyes ate him up, inquisitive and needy. It was quite funny how they both needed each other but had never actually acted on the mutual attraction.

"Despite the constant blubbering?" She asked shivering in his arms as he wiped the tears from her eyes. He smirked at her nibbling her lip softly feeling her body respond to the simplest caress.

"I think the crying is kind of hot," That was the distraction he needed, scooping her up in his arms, walking back towards the bed letting her do as she wished as he held her on his lap. "Have I told you that you're kind of spoilt?" He asked as she sulked at him once more. He knew it was becoming harder and harder to deny her anything, especially since she had broken down his guard wall-the one he had around his heart.

"Once or twice," She pulled the sheet around him, finally getting her way. If he had won the argument she would've begun working from home since they had gotten back from Jamaica but she had a good argument and had won the debate.

"I'll let you win this time," He pointed to his lips, finally getting his way one way or the other.

One...

Two...

Three...

He lost count eventually...

Helena checked her reflection in her compact mirror wanting to look perfect for this meeting. She had called the office and found out he was at workrough a leak in the company. Jace had crossed all of his t's and dotted all of his i's when he found a female employee who would say anything to get to shagg an athlete.

A few years ago she would've proudly be so niave but she grew up real fast after her divorce. The office was relatively quiet but she expected as much, knowing it would be the perfect time to talk to Alex without any interruptions from his annoying employees.

The door to his office was ajar but the scene before her made her thirsty for revenge. Alex's little hoe was siting on his desk with her work dress bunched around her waist. Alex was kneeling before her making the poor girl cuss as his mouth circled her. Tears burned her eyes and she closed the door silently loosing her confidence.

"Can I help you ma'am?" One of the younger employees asked with a small voice to match her tiny frame. She shook her head gathering the last bit of pride, strutting out that building as if she owned it. Someone had underestimated their opponent obviously...she wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

To get her man back, she would have to sink to a new low.

She would have to use Nell to get what she wanted...

"How'd it go?" Jace's firm voice broke through her drunken haze, jolting her back to reality. "I assume since you are sitting at the bar drinking yourself unconscious that it didn't go as well as you hoped," Though his voice was firm, he sounded apologetic.

"She's got her claws in her deeper than I thought. I caught them..." The rest of the words pained her to say as she ordered another round of shots. "I caught them going at it at work. I knew he had other women since we split but to actually see them. I just..." She swatted the tear which had escaped from her eyes balling her hands into fists.

"I want that whore to pay. No more nice Helena," She downed the last shot smiling evily at Jace. "I see what those other women see in you. All it took was two bottles of vodka to see that you're kinda sexy once you keep your mouth closed,"

"Kinda sexy?"

"In a douchebag way you kinda are," She giggled taking the bottle from the mixologist behind the bar lining up her shotglasses. "If I weren't going back to Alex, I might even consider going after a guy like you,"

Jace smiled at her but it wasn't one that made her insides melt like how Alex's made her. "Now if you'll excuse me I'll take my vodka and go," She got up from off her perch, doing a half-drunk spin and walking out of the bar.

Just as she reached her rental she found herself pinned against her car and felt her dress being hoisted. "You can't say I'm sexy then expect me not to act like a normal man huh Helena?" She heard Jace saying as he exposed her bottom to his gaze.

"I'm not that drunk Jace. I can still kick your ass," She threatened but her body was betraying her as he turned her to face him. "Jace I mean it, I don't want---" She sighed at he cut her off, crushing his lips against hers.

"Admit it. You want me," She stood there numbly touching her lips then pushed him away with all the strength she could muster. Making sure he was no threat, she got into her car and sped out of the parking lot, needing to get away from that insufferable man as possible.

Her apartment greeted her with the smell of lavendar oil. Knowing Nell must've set the air freshener to go off before she went to her sleepover. The more she sat there holding her vodka bottle for comfort, the more the evil wheels in her head began to turn. She would get revenge on Alex's little misses...if it was the last thing that she did.

A knock on her door stopped her daydreaming about the day when she would become Mrs. Alex Hartford once more. "Who is it?" She asked rubbing her forehead and opening the door slowly to see the devil himself, smiling evily down at her. "Jace now isn't the time for you to be here. You're ruining my pity party," She held up the glass full of vodka in front of her letting him know he wasn't welcomed at the moment.

"It seems like you need to change vices. They've said that sex takes the place of alcohol. Why don't you try to drown it that way?" He asked smugly pushing past her entering the apartment as if he owned the place. Technically he was the one paying the rent so he did own it in a way.

"Why does that sound as if you're propositioning me?" She asked dryly.

"Because I am," He closed the distance between them kissing her as passionately as he had in the parking lot. "When there's something I want. I have to have it no matter what," The look in his eyes both scared and thrilled her.

She was royally screwed...

Alex held the two women in his life apart as all hell broke loose in his office. Helena stood holding her cheek sporting a nasty black eye while he held Destiny back with all the strength he possessed. He didn't blame Destiny since Helena's announcement had left all of them reeling.

"She's six Alex.We have a daughter together," Helena began to wail loudly but in his heart he felt nothing for this woman who had constantly schemed throughout their marriage. It was hard to picture the time he had been in love with her since now all he felt was disgust.

"You're a liar," Destiny screamed obviously saying what he couldn't in this moment. "You see him happy with someone else and you want him back. I'm not going to let you get him. I'll die first," Destiny squirmed in his arms and he loosened his hold for a few seconds and Destiny got away confronting his ex-wife once more.

"You put him through so much bull then you show up to tell him that he fathered a child after all the stuff you pulled. You should be rotting in a jail cell," Alex grabbed her once more as she tried to get another blow in.

"Alex call off your hoe before I mace her," Helena warned reaching into her bag for her peppers pray.

"Your momma be the hoe," He didn't know if to laugh at Destiny or cheer for her but seeing her angry was a tad scary even though he had a good few inches on her. Helena reached into her purse once more, retrieving a picture from her purse and handing it to him.

He couldn't be sure without a paternity test but the girl did look a lot like him. "I was pregnant with twins but I didn't know until after we were separated. I aborted one fetus but I couldn't bring myself to do the same for the second. We had such a messy breakup that I knew you wouldn't believe it was yours," Alex wanted to set Destiny on her seeing the anger in her eyes.

"I think you should go while I am still calm about this entire situation Helena. I will call you with the information on when we can schedule the test. I won't believe you until I have the results in my hands and I can prove that you aren't lying,"

"I think you might have a good future as a bodyguard," For the first time, she pulled away from his embrace when he tried to hold her. "I'm sorry baby... I'm sorry," Destiny finally relaxed but he could still feel the anger radiating off of her.

"I don't want her to hurt you again Alex. All she does is try to hurt you," Alex held the woman he loved close, knowing they could either come of this unharmed or it could take a serious toll on their relationship.

Helena smile smugly checking the damage the little tramp had done to her. The bruising would heal eventually but she smiled in victory knowing she had rattled their relationship. She was going to reduce it to a pile of rubble if she continued to get her way.

Shit had just gotten real...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8M 190K 41
Nicholas Davenport needs a housekeeper. With a multi-billion empire to run and two overactive children, widower Nick needs all the help he can get. W...
7.3K 380 15
New symposis #Story Title :Schooling Mr Bass Mr Jake Bass, multimillionaire of an oil serving company, 36 and the most sort after bachelor...
3.3K 246 41
All is fair in love, war and Business. Is it though? Grace never had it easy when it came to life. First she had to deal with her parents trying rip...
253K 5.2K 29
Caine velastro. A 23 year old, cold-hearted, handsome and an arrogant man he run his Mafia family since the day his dad step down . However he is a b...