Speechless (BTS x Mute Reader)

By clickclaktothecaqjaq

"Hello! What might your name be?" 'Wouldn't you like to know?' "Hello?" You tilted your head to the side, rai... More

Intro/Prologue
Chapter 2 - Park Bench
Chapter 3 - Bunny Bunny

Chapter 1 - Why Me?

637 19 11
By clickclaktothecaqjaq

Yeet heres the first real chapter. Idk if yall can tell but my real personality shows thru the text message scenes lmfaooo. anyways, enjoy lol. 

~~~~~~~~

READER POV:

Then it hit me. 

BTS. The BTS Jenni was always talking my ear off about. The BTS I couldn't stop hearing about was right in front of me.  

My jaw fell open. This had to be a joke. There could be no other explanation to it other than that this was a big fat joke being played on me by some sicko, and it would all be over soon. 

I broke out into a smile and started shaking with laughter, so violently that I almost fell over, stumbling a bit. 

I slowly let my head rise again, looking at the seven confused men with fresh tears of laughter collecting in the corners of my eyes. 

"Shit, we made her cry," Namjoon said frantically, eyes going wide.

I waved my hand in front of me, as if saying no, covering my still laughing mouth with the back of my other hand. 

'I'm laughing, I'm laughing!' I signed, a smile still plastered on my face. 

"THERE! See, she's doing it again, Hyung! She's doing that thing with her hands, like she's making fun of me or something!" Taehyung whined to Suga like a wounded puppy, hoping for some sympathy from him. 

"No - oh god - you idiot. Taehyung, she's signing. It's sign language." Suga spoke with an oh-my-god-how-are-you-so-stupid tone of voice.

Suddenly, Taehyung's eyes went wide as he looked at me in a whole different way, a look of irritation on my face. 

"Oh, um, I'm sorry... this is really awkward then, huh..." Taehyung said slowly and carefully, hand making its way to rub the back of his neck sheepishly. 

'It's fine, don't worry about it.' I signed, exaggerating the 'fine' portion of my sentence, hoping they would understand. 

'Nice to meet you, B-E-E' Suga suddenly signed back to me, spelling my name with care. Now it was my turn to be surprised, eyes going wide, smile gracing to my features. 

I slightly jumped up and tightly hugged Suga, probably scaring the daylights out of him at the sudden contact. 

When I realized what I had done, I instantly pulled back awkwardly, pulling my arms behind my back in embarrassment. 

Suga stood there with a completely unaffected face, seemingly not being bothered at all. 

If one looked hard enough, though, they could raise the argument that he may or may not have been blushing, even if it was just a little bit. 

'Well, it was nice meeting you, I really have to go... yea, I have to go. Goodbye.' I signed frantically and awkwardly, brushing my hair behind my ear when I was done, eyes searching for the front door. I found it and started off in that direction, only to be held back by a strong hand around my wrist. I sighed. This was becoming some strange trend today. 

I turned back around reluctantly looking straight ahead at something that was quite close to my face. I stared, puzzled. 

"A-ah, you forgot your food," Jin said carefully, slowly presenting the croissant and hot chocolate to me, it all starting to make sense. 

I blushed a little at my carelessness and grabbed the two items from his large, warm hands. I brought my free hand flat to my chin and put it forward. 

'Thank you.' And now I was really leaving, whipping around as soon as Seokjin let me go and pushed through the cafe doors, hustling in any direction my feet took me. Ultimately, this was the wrong direction for where I was going, but that was okay for now. I looped my way around the corner of the street and finally started off in the correct direction towards my college. 

The next class I had was music theory, one of my favorites beside ASL, of course. A tiny smile leapt to my face at the memory of my first music theory class ever, CM1. It was basically a slang way of referring to the first music theory class you would take in high school, which I quickly placed out of, landing myself in AP music theory by the second semester of Freshman Year of High School. 

I was actually really proud of my standings regarding music theory, though I didn't really brag, I just flexed my extensive knowledge of it in class. 

When I finally made it to my college, I had a few minutes before class, so I figured it would be fine for me to go to Jenni's room for a bit. I needed to tell someone about what just happened, though I wasn't really sure she would be the right person to tell, she'd probably freak out, mess around and kill someone on accident. 

I made it to her door and knocked a bit, waited, but got no response. I knocked again, deciding finally to open the door and peak inside. I was greeted with complete and utter darkness. Huh. I guess she wasn't here. 

I took out my phone and started to text her, only to see my phone blown up with nearly 50 messages from lots of people, most of them from Jenni. 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: wanna see more comeback photos? 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: well too bad you're getting them anyways 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: wAIT 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: hold the fUCK UP 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: NUH-UH

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: ABSOLUTELY N O T

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: this isn't you, is it? 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: I swear I saw you wearing that sweater today and your nails were probably painted that color. 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: BEE IS THAT YOU 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: plz answer this is important 

BumbleBee: how tf- 

BumbleBee: idk IS that me?

I typed back, not really sure where this was going, not yet wanting to acknowledge the fact that it was actually me in the picture. 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: bee

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: listen 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: i really need you to answer me, no bullshit. 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: is. that. you. 

BumbleBee: ....

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: I KNEW IT 

BumbleBee: why you gotta know 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: well, I gotta know because I was casually scrolling through BTS' twitter page, only to see a picture of someone that looks JUST LIKE YOU on their most recent post with the caption: ℬⒺℯ♡

BumbleBee: Idek what you're talking about. 

BumbleBee: do you even know someone named Bee? 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou: are you actually shitting me right now 

BumbleBee: so fucking what, okay, maybe I did bump into them, whether you interpret it literally or figuratively, but I did NOT take a picture with them, and I certainly did not give them permission to take or post a picture of ME. 

MaybeIKindOfLoveYou is typing...

I shut off my phone quickly, letting out a sigh of frustration, running my hand through my hair. I heard the bell ring, signaling it was time for class, so I hurried to make my way to my music theory class. 

Once I made it to class, I slid into my favorite desk, the one all the way in the back to the far right. I took out my composition notebook and absentmindedly drew a treble clef, starting to create a tune I found was flowing naturally from my mind to the tip of my pencil and onto the paper. 

"...ee? Bee? Ms. Bee" My head snapped up at the mention of my name, head waving around frantically to find the owner of the voice. My eyes settled on a very unimpressed Mr. Kim who was staring at me impatiently. 

I quickly put down my pencil and closed my book, looking back at him, hoping he wasn't too angry. 

"Ms. Bee, would you mind explaining to the class what Verdi meant when he wrote the peak note in the last song in Act One of La Traviata, titled Follie?" Mr. Park asked, eliciting a soft sigh from me. I don't know if he knew that La Traviata was my second favorite opera and he was going easy on me, or he forgot. Either way, I made quick work of answering the question, leaving a weary Mr. Park at the front of the class. He went back to teaching, and I went back to writing. 

Finally, the bell rang, signaling the end of class. No sooner had it rung had I taken out my phone and pulled up the twitter app, searching for BTS' twitter page. It wasn't hard to find. Ah, the perks of being famous. 

I clicked on their icon and hit the "message" button, getting an alert that I had to follow them and they had to follow me first before we could exchange private messaged. I begrudgingly followed them. I scrolled down a bit on their account, seeing the picture Jenni was talking about. I flitted through the comment section, seeing a wide range of reactions. 

"SHE'S SO PRETTY!!!!" 

"Who tf is she?"

"I don't care who she is, can I be her?"

"What is she doing with her hand?"

"Is this one of the member's girlfriend?"

"Ew."

"lol, bitch."

I frowned, shutting off my phone, only to feel it buzz as I was going to put it back in my pocket. I raised a brow and switched it back on to see a Twitter notification. I clicked on it, making it expand. 

Twitter Notification: 

BTS_twt followed you back! Click on their profile to see their posts. 

I scoffed in disbelief. Not only had they followed me back, but they had done it within three minutes of me following them. 

Twitter Notification: 

BTS_twt wants to send you a message!

I groaned and opened the message. 

BTS_twt: you're welcome. 

BTS_twt: nice username btw

NoticeMeObamaSenpai: first of all, what did I even thank you for, and second of all, fuck off, I was like 9, okay?

BTS_twt: mhmm. it says here that you joined a year and a half ago, but thats not the point I'm trying to make. 

NoticeMeObamaSenpai: oh? I see someone has studied my profile. 

NoticeMeObamaSenpai: but what point ARE you trying to make?

BTS_twt: the point I'm trying to make is that I don't really like you, but the other boys seem to, so I'm just going to have to suffer. So you're welcome for taking one for the team. 

NoticeMeObamaSenpai: oh, sweet, how mature. we stan a mature icon. 

BTS_twt: yo what the actual fuck is up with you and obama 

NoticeMeObamaSenpai: yo what the actual fuck is up with you and your attitude

BTS_twt: well played. 

BTS_twt: do you like the picture I took of you? u look pretty hot tbh, though I'm sure you'd look hotter with your face in it. or better yet, your face in it with mine all over it. ;)

NoticeMeObamaSenpai: вίţςħ ώħάţ ţħέ ғùςķ

BTS_twt: did you just call me a bitch 

NoticeMeObamaSenpai: 𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙

BTS_twt: I could be your bitch if you wanted me to ;)

NoticeMeObamaSenpai: b l o c k e d 

BTS_twt: wAIT WAIT WAIT IM SORRY 

NoticeMeObamaSenpai: who is this btw??

NoticeMeObamaSenpai: cuz I'm pretty sure the one who was messaging me in the beginning was Taehyung, but idk who this is now. I think its the flirty one from before, but I don't remember his name. 

BTS_twt: ouch.  

BTS_twt: its Jimin. 

NoticeMeObamaSenpai: okay jimmy. gtg

BTS_twt: aYE ITS jimIN not jimMY

I shut off my phone before he could continue, not even realizing the ridiculous smile I was wearing. 

I got up from my seat and found my way out of the college, not really knowing where to go. As I was about to walk out of the front doors in the entrance, I spotted Jenni who was looking for someone frantically. 

I made my way over to her and tapped her shoulder lightly. She whipped around aggressively, eyes boring into me. 

"Bee I swear to god, you have so much explaining to do, I'm not even mad at you, I just want to underst-" She spoke, only to be cut off by my hand over her mouth. I dragged her out of the college and to the nearest park, which was conveniently a short walk away, and plopped down on the park bench. I finally let go of her mouth after having her promise not to yell or scream or talk too much. 

'I'll explain, I promise, just let me listen to this song, please.' I signed, putting one of the ear phones in my ear and the other in hers. I slowly cranked up the volume to my favorite opera: Einstein on The Beach. One of my favorite songs in the whole five hour opera was the last, Knee Play 5. The monologue was absolutely gorgeous. I hardly let anyone share a moment like this with me, so of course I would be sharing it with Jenni. As soon as she heard the piano intro, recognition washed over her face, and she let her head rest on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her tiny shoulders, closing my eyes as a soft grin tugged at my lips, letting myself fully relax and enjoy the music. 

Moments like this. It was moments like this that I lived for. Probably the only reason I was still alive today, was for moments just like this. 

I felt Jenni's head come off of my shoulder and slipped out of my hold, gently placing the other earbud in my free ear, leaving me to enjoy the moment by myself. 

When the monologue began, I mouthed the words along with the narrator. At the final two words of the speech, a single tear fell from my closed eyes, and just like that, I was home. 

~~~~~~

Ayoooooo first real chapter is done. lemme know what you like and don't like about it, id love to know how I could improve! 

love, 

J-Queen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
424K 17.2K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
137K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
620K 37.8K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...