Lies about Homeschoolers

By AwKwardhoMeschooler

If you go to public or private school, you probably think that homeschoolers are stupid, unsocial, and weird... More

Copyright Info
Lie #1: Homeschoolers Have NO Friends or Social Life
Lie #2: Homeschoolers Do School in Their Pajamas
Lie #3: Homeschoolers are BFFL with their Siblings
Lie #4: Homeschooled and Awkward are Synonyms
Lie #5: Homeschoolers are Candor ALL the time
Lie #6: Homeschoolers are Smarter than Albert Einstein
Lie #7: There are NO Homeschoolers on Wattpad
Lie #8: Homeschoolers Dress in Old Fashioned, Pioneer Type Clothes
Lie #9: Homeschoolers are Homeschooled... For College
Lie #10: Homeschoolers are Luckier than Public Schoolers
Lie #11: Homeschoolers don't have a Principal
Lie #12: All Homeschoolers have HUGE Families
Lie #13: Homeschoolers aren't Ready for 'Real Life'
Lie #14: Homeschoolers only want to be Friends with other Homeschoolers
Lie #15: Homeschoolers are as Gradeless as Grade A Eggs
Lie #16: Homeschoolers are at Church 24/7
Lie #17: Homeschoolers Love School More than they Love Life
Lie #18: Homeschoolers are Mental or have "Problems"
Lie #19: When People Mention Drama, Homeschoolers say WHAT?!
Lie #20: Homeschoolers are Nearly Invisible
Lie #21: Homeschooler' Parents are so Strict they Can't even Watch PG Movies
Lie #22: It's a Party all Day Every Day
Lie #24: Homeschoolers Abort Sports
Lie #25: Homeschoolers have Snow Days
How to Convince your Parents to Homeschool You
All about Homeschool Co-ops
How to get started with homeschooling

Lie #23: Homeschoolers are So Poor they Can't even Afford Porridge

724 78 23
By AwKwardhoMeschooler

Lie #23: Homeschoolers are So Poor they Can’t even Afford Porridge

I’ve honestly never had anyone say to me that homeschoolers are poor. But I decided to talk about this lie anyways.

What is poor? Does anybody know? If your parents get minimum wage, working full time, are they poor? Some would say yes. I would beg to differ.

Because what about people in Africa, or other countries, barely scraping it by? With just enough food to survive. Those with not even a full meal each and every day. I’d say they’re poor.

And what about someone who is homeless? There isn’t even the possibility that they could be homeschooled, because they don’t even have a home in the first place! I would definitely say they’re poor.

Most of the people reading this, live in America, the land of the free. And the truth of the matter is that, nearly all Americans are rich. It probably doesn’t seem like it to us, but compared with what some people have, we are filthy rich.

Most homeschooling families have only one parent the works full time, while the other, usually the mother, stays home all day to teach her children. Sometimes she’ll work part-time, to earn some extra cash, but never full time.

So they’ve basically only got one source of income. In addition, they’re required to pay tax money to the schools that they’re children aren’t even attending. And then, they have to go and buy – with their own hard earned cash might I add – textbooks, and teaching curriculums to educate their children.

And trust me, it can get expensive, especially if they have six kids, like my family does. Lab kits for sciences like Biology and Chemistry are more expensive than you may think.

Plus, there’s the fact that they have to provide food and clothing and all those other ‘needs’ for their family. Sure, every family has to do that. But doing it with only one source of income is harder.

I know one homeschooing family with only one kid. They have a super nice house and a sick sports car. You’d never know that the mom doesn’t work full time.

My family on the other hand, has six kids, and while I wouldn’t say our house isn’t nice or our minivan sucks, my parents definitely don’t spend money on whatever their heart desires.

A few years back, my dad started his own business, and now he’s his own boss, and he earns more than ever before. So, financially, we’re not struggling. If we did go to public school, however, and my mom had a full time job, sure, we’d have more money. But we’re not poor, so it doesn’t matter.

What I’m trying to say is that homeschoolers are not any poorer than other schoolers. We just usually have more expenses.

And anyways, the Bible says that the love of money is the path to all evil. You might not agree or even believe the Bible. But, in my opinion, I’d rather be poor and homeschooled than rich and a selfish jerk. Just saying.

And even if someone is poor, what’s so wrong with that?

So this chapter wasn’t as humorous as usual. Idk, do you like the funny, not-so-serious ones that don’t really make sense, or this? Let me know, so I can appease to you, cause I never really know what to write. And while you’re at it, tell me what has been your favorite chapter so far. Okay, cool.

Anyways, only 2 more Lies left, and then a few special chapters after that which I’ll tell you about soon! Next update will be next Friday.

Thank you for being amazing.

<3 Ashlyn

PS. Anybody going to see Mockingjay? I AM :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 6.8K 63
Gawking two guys in a hot-blown make-out session in the mathematical section of the library was not what I expected my first day after Winter breaks...
2.9K 235 60
I'm just an awkward 15 year old girl telling her personal stories to the world. I talk about tea, daily life, and other annoying stuff like that. All...
1.6K 64 28
Sometimes a people aren't who you think they are. Even if they seem like the stereotypical popular girl, they could surprise you. They could be unexp...
2.2K 173 19
Are You Looking For Serious Self Help? ...No? PERFECT! Congratulations On Getting This Far, Other Candidates Have Not Fared So Well (this means they...