My Enemy To Love {Ereri/Riren}

By sapphirefiredragon

An enemy. A friend. Both scarred by life. So what happens, when Eren has nothing to fight for, when it's in h... More

My Enemy To Love
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

333 22 10
By sapphirefiredragon

Eren's POV

Feeling something sharp shining in my eyes, I groaned, and turned the other way. The thing wouldn't go away, ugh. I willed my eyes to peel open a bit, and saw that I forgot to pull the curtains back into their usual place. Christa burst into my room, running, and then jumped on top of me, stealing the air out of my lungs for a second. "Fu! C-Christa! I-I can't breathe! Get... off please!" Christa got up, and shot me a charming smile, that hinted something bad for me. "Get up sleepyhead."

Turning away from her, I shut my eyes, and pulled the blanket closer to my chin. "I don't wanna." Groaning, she pulled the blanket off me in one swift motion. "Get up! We're going somewhere, so dress up quickly!" I looked at her with wide eyes. How. Dare. She. Take. My. Blanket. How. Dare. She! I puffed my cheeks up, and glared at the door. Right at that moment, someone else busted through the door. "Whoah Eren. What did I do wrong to deserve that glare?"

I straightened up, and gave Marco a sad pout. "It wasn't you. Christa. She. Took. My. Blanket! Can you imagine that?! Ugh! And I had a nice dream..." I remembered the dream, and couldn't help but blush. I looked into my lap, willing Marco not to notice, but being the caring person he is, he walked over, and put his hand on my forehead. "Your face is red, are you sick?" I waved his hand away impatiently, shaking my head, to clear his worries and my thoughts.

"No, I'm just mad at Christa, it's too early in the morning for me to get up." Marco sent me an amused look and chuckled. "Yea sure. You believe that, and I'm gonna go get my lunch." It took me a while to catch on, and I stopped him right before the door. "Marco.... What time is it...?" He looked at me innocently. "Almost lunch time. Oh, and by the way. You better get ready. Christa and you are going to town, to buy some new clothes, for the ball tonight." Your father's counting on you to choose SOMEONE. Most of the kingdom is."

I slammed onto my bed, and groaned into a pillow. "Um... okay. You deal with that, get ready, and um... bye!" I heard the door shut closed, and sat up on my bed. Standing up, I walked over to my closet, and went through the clothes. Picking some out, that were normal, but higher status looking, since I still had to look like a prince, I opened my door, and got ready to head into the town.

When I walked downstairs, Christa ran up to me, and shoved a plate in my hands. "We'll eat on the way there! Now come on!" She grabbed my free hand, and started dragging me over the garden, into the carriage on the path. She shoved me in the open door, that Marco was holding, and he flashed me a sheepish grin while closing the door. Is everyone really going against me today? Great... "Christa. Why the heck can't I just wear something I already have.... AND WHY THE HECK WAS I THE LAST ONE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS!"

Ignoring me, she sat down, straightening her dress, and then looked at Marco, and nodded. Then finally, she glanced my way. "Because if it was up to you, you'd just wear some rag pants, and some old tore shirt. Not happening, AND because you would've found SOME WAY to disappear out of the castle, and avoid the dance. That's why." I rolled my eyes, but agreed on the inside. I will STILL find some way to do that. No matter what. "Eren stop scheming how to avoid the dance, and talk to your sister will you."

I just glared at the back of Marco's head, willing a hole to appear. "And stop burning holes through my head." Ugh, I wonder how people do it. "Eren you're easy to read, that's all it is." That was enough. "Christa! How to the heck! I am not easy to read!" I pouted, thinking that she looked like a creepy doll with that face on. She smiled at me. "Hmmm... You're right, I would look good as a doll." I threw my hands in the air, grumbling out a string of curses. This is unbelievable! How!

Christa snickered. "Eren stop. It really is easy to read you. We're gonna have to work on that. Although... girls do like sensitive guys..." Mumbling the rest to herself, I just crossed my arms again, and looked out of the window. Minutes later, we were in the town, going through, to where these two were dragging me.

Christa's POV (yay!)

Well, that's that. We have to teach Eren how to hide his emotions, from people he doesn't want to know. That's going to be some hard work. The carriage stopped my thoughts, and Eren got out, helping me. Well, at least he had some gentlemen parts there. Now to work on the rest. "Come Eren. This way." I grabbed his hand, walking over to the shop; Marco hurried and opened the door for us. I nodded at him, and noticed how cute the hat he had looked on him.

I should try to get him with someone too. Hmmm... with his raven hair, he would look good with a brunette or redhead... hmmm, or someone with mixed dirty blond and brown. Yes, that would look best. I wonder... well, maybe... But that really isn't my business. Now, to the clothes! "Come one Eren; stop dragging your royal butt." He glared at me, but his whole body said he was uncomfortable and nervous. He really is a peculiar thing. One moment the strongest he can be, so confident and courageous, and the next, he's shaking like he's freezing and has something in his pants. Which he does all the time, but something more than that.

Really, it's weird, and peculiar. Now, on to shopping! "Christa, why are you dragging me here? You choose the clothes for me anyway; couldn't I have just stayed home?" I turned to him, glaring. "No, you sit on your butt too much." Turning away from him, and checking on some nice dresses, I ignored his endless questions and comments of how he hated clothes, and could've stayed home. I swear, sometimes he acts like the younger one of us.

~Time Skip brought to you by my laziness of writing shopping, since I hate it (ye, I hate shopping) ~

After getting some nice clothes, and going back home, I laid down on my bed, exhausted from Eren. He was such a handful during shopping. "t wasn't that bad for him, was it?" I turned around, and lay on my side, when I heard screaming. It was father again, something about Eren. Father blames mother's death on Eren, even though he couldn't have done anything to save her, it was just the wrong time to be out and running.

I heard their screaming loudly, and blocked my ears, as tears pierced my eyes. "Why?! Because I have to get rid of you somehow! The wife you choose will be the only woman in their kingdom, or household, and you will go to her home! Christa will have this place! I don't want you anywhere near after you wed!" That hurt. I hurt for Eren, and I knew why he acted like he did. Whenever someone raised their voice, even little kids, he flinched and shrunk down.

Hanji, Marco and Eren too, were trying to keep me from knowing, why Eren is hurt so much. But by now, I already know the cause... And the cutting. I hate it, but I still love my father, for what he used to be, not for how he has changed. It was how I remembered mother. I remembered her smile, her laugh. Not her tears and her coughs. I stood positive, but my tower was slowly starting to tremble by the wind of Eren's pain, and father's cruelty.

Eren's POV

"I finally have enough! You know what?! I never meant to hurt mother! I loved as much as you! It was an accident! They happen!" He slapped me across the face, and tears sprung to my eyes, as I felt the sting. "Don't talk back to me like that! How dare you! Go back to your room, and think about what you've done!" His hand recoiled back, and he struck me again, this time with the back of his hand, and his ring made a deep cut on my cheek.

I turned around, and ran towards the door of my room as quickly as I could. I slammed the door behind me, and locked it. Falling onto my bed, I no longer thought of stopping the tears. I was so weak, why couldn't I just stand and not back down?! Slapping myself, the pain worsened. I noticed blood on my hand, and grabbed a tissue to stop the blood from getting everywhere.

Later that night, I waited untill everyone slept. The guards would be at the front gate, and the traps set, are for people that sneak in, not out. I grabbed a small satchel that I had previously packed with some food, extra clothing, and a dagger. I opened the window slowly, not letting it creak. Closing the window again, I slung the satchel over my shoulder, and climbed down the vines next to my window.

Landing on the soft grass, I ducked behind a bush as a guard passed below my window. I stiffled a cry, as it was a rose bush, and ran away when the guard turned his back to me. I slowly made my way trough the garden avoiding any guard that came close. When I got to the gate, I made sure that I was on the side where I knew the spikes weren't, and climbed over it.

I ran until I reached the edge of the forest. The forest with the big-ass trees. Looking to the castle one more time, I could've swore I saw Christa on the roof, looking at the stars. Turning around I no longer wanted to see my father alive and well as I did before. I would miss Christa and Marco, but the reunion would be long to come, as I didn't plan on returning until Chista was queen. I know that might take a while, but I'm willing to wait.

I'm willing to wait until I see those eyes again.

______________________________________________________________________________

Me: Sorry it's so short, but I didn't have any other ideas of him leaving. I mean, he doesn't like the parties, so why not miss out on them, eh?

Eren: You just want me gone, don't you.

Me: Whaaaaaaaaaaaa?! Nuu. I really don't. Well... maybe. Fine I do. But I want you somewhere else, so you had to lea-

Jean: Shut up already! We get it! You're lazy!

Me: ...well then, someone didn't get their wheat.

*Eren snickered and Jean's face turned red*

Jean: Why you little-

Marco: Jean, calm down.

Eren: You two know each other?!

Levi: Shut up brats! I'm trying to sleep!

*Everyone shuts up, and looks over at levi, who has a pink sleeping mask over is eyes they burst out laughing, and then run for their lives, as Levi chases them with his sword*

Me: Well... baiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 27 21
Eren is a school boy. He gets picked on for not having a mom, just an abusive father. Levi, the most popular guy in the school, is not one of them. H...
2.4K 257 36
Eren is a normal guy until he discovers he has titan shifting abilities and is recruited by the scouts... It's just what he wanted to get what he nee...
509K 27.9K 60
(Warning! This contains yaoi or boy x boy. Gay stuff, Homosexual smutt and fluff. If you don't like it please don't read) Eren Jager, a YouTuber, rec...
52.7K 1.6K 25
Attack On Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin Eren x Levi EreRi/RiRen *boyxboy* [ Setting: Time of the Titans ] Levi and Eren experienced feelings for each ot...