Love Me If You Can

Per Asia_Denise_

BOOK 2!!! It's been three years, since Delondon and Micah broke up. In those three years 22 year Delondon has... Més

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Alternate Ending
New Story

Chapter 10

3.6K 235 33
Per Asia_Denise_

Micah P.O.V

"Damn, this shit nice" I said walking into the graduation party. It was decorated all over.

"You know De parents go above and beyond for her and Amor parents just extra asf" Chris said. They had giant photos of Delondon, and Amor set up in various places. Congratulations was posted everywhere. It was a photo booth. There was hella food and liquor. All I had was a damn cookout, a awkward at that. I had that bitch with Keeb, and he wasn't even cool like that no more, but our folks ain't really know.

I walked around the party look for the graduates, but they were no where to be found. However, I did find my mother.

"Mom" I said, while walking up to her. She looked at me and smiled.

"Oh hey baby" she said. She had a plate of food in her hand.

"What you are doing here?" I asked. I was confused. I know she talked to Delondon here and there. Before she could answer a voice spoke.

"Megannnn" Delondon sang. My mom handed her plate of food to me and walked in the direction of Delondon's voice. I watched the two of them hug.

"Congratulations baby, I am so proud of you" My mom said pulling out of the hug.

"Thank you" Delondon said back.

"I forgot your gift, but I sent Mark and Mya back home to get it" My mom said. What Mark? As in my dad Mark. My dad came too and my sister. What the hell am I missing.

"You didn't have to get me anything else, you just gave be me that necklace at Sunday dinner" Delondon said. Sunday dinner. She goes to my mom Sunday's dinner. I didn't even know my mom still had Sunday dinners.

"Is that Megan?" Another voice asked. I looked over and it was Delondon's mom coming over to greet my mom.

"Hey girl" my mom said, while reaching for a hug. The two hugged.

"I need to ask you about that recipe you gave me, I don't think I did it right" Delondon's mom said. The two began walking in the opposite direction.

"What type of flour did you use" I heard my mom ask. I was confused, like did I miss something?

"Why are you looking like that?" Delondon asked as she started to walk towards me.

"Um I was just...I didn't know you and my mom talked" I said looking at her. She laughed.

"Why would have known?" she asked raising an eyebrow. Instead of responding I just changed the subject.

"Aww nothing but congratulations" I said. I wanted to give her a hug but I had her and Amor's gift in my hand as well as my mother's half eaten plate.

"Thank you" she said smiling. Before I could say anything else a little girl ran up to her.

"Dede, Carter keep splashing the water in my hair" the little girl said as she was in tears. She looked about 4 years old.

Delondon squatted down to the height of the little girl "Aww it's ok Maddie. I'm going to make him stop. Plus it's pool it's ok to get your hair what but I'll make sure he stop splashing you ok" she said whipping the little girls eyes.

"Can you braid it for me?" the little asked with wide eyes. Delondon looked like she wanted t say know but instead she said yes.

"Yes, come on." She picked the little girl up despite her being wet. She swung her in her arms causing the little girl to giggle. She walked with her out of the gate and back to her apartment I guess. Seeing her interacting with that little girl made my heartache a little bit. She would have been a great mother.

I got out of my thought and began to search for Amor. I through the half-eaten plate in the trash and went to sit the gifts on the gift table.

"What's up fool" Tonio said as he walked up to me. I dapped him up.

"What's up man?" I said back.

"Shidd nothing, late cause Amber thought her ass was pregnant" he said shaking his head.

"Y'all trying have a little one" I asked.

"Not right now, we just trying to focus on this wedding, but I slipped up in Jamaica and her still ain't got her monthly, so she thought she was. Shawty had me stressing because she was stressing. Talking about some 'I can't walk down the aisle pregnant' "Tonio said mocking her. I laughed and then I slowly stopped.

Jamaica. Sex. Unprotected. Delondon. Hold up. I don't remember having sex with De but I know that we did and I know for a fact that I didn't have no condoms so that tells me that the sex was unprotected. What the hell? "Aye man I need to find De, I'ma see you later". Tonio frowned but I didn't wait for him to respond. I was already walking towards the gate.

"Aye man, what happened" I heard Tonio yell behind. I ignored it and kept walking. Once I got to the gate I was about to open it but somebody had beat me to it. It was Delondon. Her and the little girl was walking back.

"Oh I'm sorry" she said. I guess she saw the look on my face. She made a face. She sat the little girl down. "Go get back in the water Maddie" she said. Once the little girl was down she took off towards the pool. "What's wrong with you"? she asked.

"I need to talk to you" I said grabbing her arm. She looked confused. We walked to the front of the club house where nobody was. "I need you to take a pregnancy test" I said. She starred at me for a while before she laughed and I'm talking about bent over wheezing laughing. "I'm dead the fuck serious, while you laughing".

She finally got herself together and stop laughing yet the smile never left her face. "I am not pregnant" she said after gathering herself.

"How you know? Cause I really don't remember but I almost certain I didn't use protection" I said looking at her. She still had a glimpse of humor in her eyes but I was being serious asf.

"Micah, I'm on birth control" she said followed by more laughter. Even though she was said she was on Birth control I still needed to see for myself.

"What form" I asked, folding my arms. She taking this as a joke and it's not

"The pill" she said rolling her eyes. I could sense that she was beginning to become annoyed.

"So, you're telling me that you took your pill everyday on a trip where you where intoxicated 80% of the time" I asked. I looked at her and I could see the smile small of her face. She was now thinking how I was thinking.

"I mean I know I took it the day we got there, Monday , Tuesday, and Wednesday" she stopped and looked up at me. "I can't be pregnant, I've a had a period since we been back"

Shawty must of forgot that she went 12 weeks not knowing she was pregnant last time. Was having her periods and everything. "I think you should take a test". She rolled her eyes.

"If it puts your mind at ease, I'll take one tomorrow" she getting ready to walk back into the gate. I grabbed her and pulled her back towards me.

"No, I'm going to get you one now, I need to know today" I said looking at her. She wants to make seem like I'm the only one that's worried but I can tell she's worried too. She nodded her head and we went our separate ways.

As I was getting into my car, I saw Keeb getting out with two gift backs in his hands and some balloons. Interesting. I got in my car and headed to CVS.

Delondon's P.O.V

"Girl where you been, your momma looking for you" Amor said as I walked back into the party.

"Oh I...I was back at the apartment with my little cousin, but where's my momma" I asked looking around.

"She went back inside the club house, what wrong with you? It look like you seen a ghost" Amor said examining my face. All of sudden I was feeling sick. I would be a fucking fool to be pregnant again and by the man I have not spoken to in 3 years.

"I'm good girl, just excited" I said walking away from her. I walked into the club house kitchen to find my mother. "Hey mom, Amor said you was looking for me" I said walking up to her. She looked at me.

"Oh I did need you but I got it now, you can take this last cake to the table" she said putting the last strawberry on the strawberry short cake. I picked it up and we walked out side together. I made my way over to the the desert table. A good portion of the food was already gone. Unlike any other black function I have ever been too, my family along with Amor's actually managed to have the food cooked and ready to served before time today. I was completely shocked. It's still a lot of food and deserts left as well. It's only 5 and people will be showing up all night long.

Once I sat the cake down I turned to say something to my mother and she was gone. I sighed. "Hey, congratulations" a voice said. I looked up and saw Keeb. He had balloons and two gift bags in his hands.

"Thanks the gift the table is over there" I said pointing to the table with all the gifts on it. I really didn't have time for him today, especially since I got other shit on my mind.

"Look I also wanted to talk to you" he said. I sighed. Damn everybody got some shit they want to talk about today. How convenient is that? How fucking Convenient? Instead of being rude I just placed a smile on face and turned to look at him.

"I just wanted to say I understand you don't feel the way about me that I feel about you and I respect that. I like our friendship and I don't want that to end of a stupid crush" he said. I nodded my head. I really hoped the words he spoke was true but something tell me they're not. I pushed the feeling to the side.

"Thank you, I really appreciate that" I said. "And thanks for the gift I can't wait to open it"

"So um, you and Micah huh" he asked. I rolled my eyes. What the hell is getting at?

"Me and Micah, what?" I asked. I had a slight attitude.

"Y'all back at it" he asked. Knowing that him and Micah wasn't cool made me feel like he had a hidden agenda by asking me about us.

"If you're asking if we are back together or if we have anything going on then the answer is no" I said. I'm not in the mood to be playing his little games.

"Just be careful with him, people like to make it seem as if they've changed, whole time they're still the same" he said right before walking off. I rolled my eyes. I was confused where did this me and Micah thing come from. Besides accidently sleeping together we haven't gave any impression that we wanted to back together, at least I haven't. Keeb just needs to get it through his head Micah or not, I don't see him like that.

"Girl what you over here thinking about" Amber said walking up to me.

"Hey boo" I said reaching to give her a hug. I didn't even know her or Tonio was here yet.

"Hey graduated, Congratulations baby" she said pulling out of the hug.

"Thanks girl". "Where Tonio" I asked.

She rolled her eyes "I sent him back to the house to get y'all gifts.

"You know we could have just waited" I said.

"Nope, because it's his fault we left them, I told him to put it in the trunk last night" she said shaking her head. I like how they already acted like a married couple even though they were just still engaged.

"How's the wedding planning going" I asked. Amor and I was both waiting for her to ask us to be bridesmaids but she hasn't yet.

"Shh, it's your day boo. We can talk about the wedding later" she said. I nodded. I wanted to talk about the wedding. "And between me and you it almost like to not have been a wedding" my eyes got wide.

"Girl why" I asked. I hope everything was ok between them.

"Bitch I thought I was pregnant, but I took a test and I'm not but I told Tonio he gets no more until the wedding night, I refuse to be pregnant on my wedding day." She said. I almost chocked on nothing. I hope this test tell me the same thing hers told her.

"Wow that's crazy" was all I could say. My phone lit up and it was text message from Micah. I texted him back and told him to meet me at my actual apartment. "Excuse me girl, one of my relatives went to my actually apartment, so I need to go get them I'll be back" I said before walking away.

I walked out of the gate and made the 3 minute walk to my apartment. Micah was standing at the door. I got my key out and unlocked it. I lead him into my room. He took the test out of the bag and handed it to me. I read the back for the instructions. They seemed simply enough. I walked into the bathroom and was about to close the door when I came face to face with Micah, well sort of face to face. He was standing in the door way getting ready to walk in. I frowned. "Um do you mind" I asked motioning for him to wait in my room.

"Oh yea, my bad. I'll wait out here" he said walking back into my room. I shook my head. I got the test out of the box and did my business. I sat it on the sink and set a 5 minute timer on my phone. Right as I set it, my phone rung.

"Hello Delondon speaking" I answered.

"Hi Miss Jordon, this is Kimberley Waters and I was calling to offer you a full time position as an associate publicist at the agency" the voice said over the phone. I almost fell out.

"Oh my God, um I am speechless. I don't know what to say" I said in shock. I knew I had made it to the second round but I didn't know I would actually get the job.

"I was hoping you would say that you accept the position" she said back.

"Of course, of course. I accept the position" I said.

"Great. My assistant is sending over paper work now, and if I can have you come in Monday at 9 for a brief meeting" she said.

"Yes ma'am I can do that" I said.

"And Congratulations on getting her degree Miss Jordan, I wanted to wait till today to tell you that the job is yours" she said.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Waters" I said. We said our goodbyes and I hung up the phone. I was so excited I had to tell somebody. I opened the door to the bathroom and walked in to my room. I saw Micah and I ran up to him and jumped on him.

He caught me and I hugged him. I was screaming and jumping up and down. He placed his hands on my shoulders to stop me from bouncing. "What does it say" he asked. I frowned. Huh. He looked at me confused "The test girl" he said. Oh I had forgotten about that.

"I don't know what it says" I said. He frowned even deeper.

"Then why were you just so happy" he asked. I was about to tell him the good news when my time went off. I ran back into the bathroom and picked up the test. One line. Thank You God. I picked it up and handed it to him. He looked at me confused. This dummy still slow.

"One line means not pregnant" I said. He raised his hands up.

"Thank You God" he said. Then he started to jump up around.

"Ok see now you doing too much, like it would be the end of the world if you got me pregnant" I said. The moment I said it I wanted to take back. Like it's a good thing I'm not pregnant so why I am I tripping cause he got excited.

"No I'm just happy because I don't want to bring a child into a world where their parents aren't together, it had nothing to do with you" he said. I looked at him for a moment and decided to put an end to this conversation and tell him the good new.

"Oh I was happy earlier because Kimberley Water called and I got the job" I said getting excited again.

"That's great" he said. His excitement matched mine. He pulled me into a hug. He placed his head on top of mine. "I'm so proud of you kid" he said. I felt a wave of peace wash over me. In the past when Micah and I would touch he would set my body on fire. I always felt giddy on the inside and my heart rate would began to beat faster but now whenever we touched I felt calmness, peace, and my rate would slow. I felt safe. Finding the feeling to be overwhelming I pulled out of the hug.

"I should be getting back to my graduation party, gots to tell everyone the good news" I said. He nodded his head. I began walking out and then I turned around. "And Micah"

"Huh"

"Throw that pregnancy test in the trash, please" he was still holding it. He did a nervous chuckle and out it in the trash next to my vanity.

We walked out if the apartment I locked and closed the door behind me. We walked back to the party and acted like nothing happened. I enjoyed my time with my family and friends. I shared the good news with everyone. It was well after midnight once the party officially stopped. Several people stayed behind to help us clean up and to help us take our gifts up to our apartment. It was now 1:30ish and Amor and I was opening gifts. Many where just cards with either gift cards or money in them, which were my favorite.

"This one is from Keeb" Amor said handing me the gift bag. I couldn't help but to wonder what was in the bag. I pulled the gift out and it was the newest able watch, along with a gift card to Visa gift card for 500 hundred dollars.

"What you got" I asked Amor after showing her mine.

"I got the new Airpods, and the same 500 hundred dollars" she said. "Ok and this is Micah's" she said handing me another gift back. This one was a little bigger an it had a box in it.

I opened it and it was a Mac Book Pro. I looked over at Amor and she had an iPad. I looked over at Amor and she was about to say thing.

"Don't" I said stopping her from saying what ever it is she wanted to say. She laughed.

"I wasn't going to say anything" she said holding her hands up. "but these niggas coming for your heart sis" she said laughing. I mugged her. She just say anything. I threw a pillow at her. "I just saying I feel like they're no far from battling for your heart" she said sounding all dramatic.

"Well if an expenisve gift is their way of signing up for the battle, we gotta add one more person" I said. She looked at me confused. I ran to my room and got the box that was given to me a day ago. It was a Chanel Box. I sat it down on the floor and pulled out the bag. Amor eyes widened.

"Trey" she asked and I nodded my head. Amor grabbed the bag out of my hand. "Girl that's a 5000 dollar bag" she said. I smiled.

"I know".

"Put in the competition sis" she said. I laughed.

"There is no competition, Trey is just this nice, he don't want anything more than what he got and Keeb most def wouldn't make the cut" I said.

"Yea, how could there be a competition when there is already a winner" she said smiling. I frowned, what the hell is she talking about.

"I saw you sneaking back into the party with Micah after y'all both had been gone for about 20 minutes" she said smirking.

"Girl stop, I was at the apartment getting one of my relatives and that's when I got the call by the time I got off the phone he was getting out his car, we were not gone anywhere together" I said. This why I can't tell her about the slip up in Jamaica, she's going to swear that I want him back. "And plus if we were going to do anything it would have been longer than 20 minutes" I said with a smirk. She laughed. If it was anything I miss about Micah, it was most def the sex. That's why it lowkey bothers me that I can't remember the sex in Jamaica.

After talking for about another hour and putting up our gifts we decided to take it in for the night. I walked into my room and got into my bed. I looked at my phone and that had been on the charger for the last two hours and saw that I had text.

Micah- I'm just going to put it out there. I want you and I'm not going to stop until I get you. And this time around it's just me and you no extra bullshit.

I read the text several times before I locked my phone and close my eyes. Here we go.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

10.6K 526 54
Book 2 in a three-part series. It's been five years since Sydney Graves left Westville behind after Brooks crushed her heart and the future they had...
199K 9.7K 62
Fight For Love Series Book 3 After the way he left things in College eight years ago, Kaiden is back in Josie's life with one aim only - to get her f...
97.6K 2.7K 24
For Tobin and Delia, everything was always equal. A bargain, a trade, a deal to be struck. A kiss for a kiss. Your shirt for mine. Break my heart...
Rekindled Per Ms1988

Literatura romàntica

12.6K 499 14
*This is a sequel to "Wife Swap". Please read before reading this book! Thank you all for your votes and comments. Em is discovering that rekindling...