One Night - Forbidden Hearts...

Από shaylamariam

Completed | We've all been tempted by the forbidden... When Harper Lewis agreed to marry Ryan Hale to save he... Περισσότερα

Introduction (Read Me!)
C A S T
1. Down the Rabbit Hole
2. Serendipity
3. Two Weeks
4. Turn About is Fair Play
5. Late Night Kisses
6. Margarita Confessions
7. Double Date
8. Brotherly Love
9. Jealousy With A Capital J
10. Mommy Dearest
11. Everyone Has A Psychic Bestie
12. Lanie, Interrupted
13. You Can Call Me Jackson
14. Greek God Sex Is Prohibited
15. The Ice Palace
16. Mine
17. Warning Signs
19. Reunions and Regrets
20. Girl Talk
21. In An Instant
22. Time
23. Surprises, Surprises
24. Incognito
25. Little White Lies
26. The Fine Print
27. Rules Are Meant To Be Broken
28. Deception Indicated
29. Overwhelmed
30. Some R'n'R
31. Who Ordered Coffee?
32. Dangerous Territory
33. Queen of Secrets
34. Red Velvet or Vanilla?
35. The Cats Out of the Bag
36. Ultimatums
37. Trust
38. Denial
39. Bomb...Dropped PT. 1
40. Bomb...Dropped PT. 2
41. Clusterfuck
42. Bora Bora
Epilogue
43| Birthday Surprise (Bonus Chapter)
Writing Lanie (Book 2)
Karma (Book 3)
Tryst (Book 4)
Falling Into Place (Book 5)
Heartstrings (Prequel)
The Stella I Remember

18. The Ties That Bind

11.8K 549 54
Από shaylamariam

"Anne. Anne, wake up."

The sound of Ryan's voice woke me, and I stretched in my seat in first class. The flight from Hawaii to London Heathrow was about 20 hours including our short layover in San Francisco.

Before we left the hotel to go to the airport, Ryan explain to me how it went when he talked to our parents. His dad, of course, was understanding and helped pay for the flight. He also said if we needed anything to let him know. I was a little surprised by that, but he was Jackson's father and he did have a relationship with his mom once upon a time.

Ryan's mom, just like mine, was a little irritated that he wanted to leave the country while we were planning a wedding. Ryan said his father came to his defense on that one. Then Ryan explained the awkward situation with my parents. My mom freaked out and my dad had to talk her down.

Ryan said she kept going on and on, stating that I was trying, yet again to ruin this. Ryan very, pointed out that he didn't think I was capable of causing cancer as a way to get out of a wedding. Well, knowing my mother she did not appreciate his sense of humor. My dad, on the other hand, laughed his ass off.

My dad passed by my room before we left for the airport to tell me goodbye. I was actually surprised by his reaction to this. He wanted to see this wedding through just as much as my mom, but I'm glad that he understood how important this was. He also told me that my mom wasn't feeling well, and she wasn't going to see me before I left. Yeah, okay. I was fine with that.

The flight to London wasn't too bad. I've never been on a plane for that long, so I definitely got a little uncomfortable and tried to stretch my legs as much as I could. Jackson sat behind us during the flight. A few times when Ryan got up to use the restroom Jackson would sit beside me and talk to me for a little while. Ryan didn't think anything of it, thankfully.

The three of us were standing outside of the Heathrow Airport while Jackson was getting us a cab. He said we could stay at his apartment since he had a two bedroom. When he offered, his eyes met mine and I wasn't exactly sure what message he was trying to send me. Did I want to stay in his apartment? Yes. Did I want to share a bedroom in his apartment with Ryan? No. But this trip wasn't about me and Jackson hooking up. It was about being there for him and his mom.

"After you," Jackson said when he opened the cab's door for me.

"Thank you."

I slid into the back seat and waited patiently while Ryan and Jackson loaded the luggage into the trunk. Once they were done, Jackson got in the front and Ryan split in the back seat beside me.

"I figure we can go by my apartment first to drop off the luggage and shower," Jackson said as the driver merged onto the freeway.

"Sure, sounds good, man," Ryan answered.

I got lost in my thoughts as I kept my gaze out of the window. Even with everything going on, I found myself fascinated by the busy streets of London. It was odd to see the many cars driving on the opposite side of the road. Not to mention, but different types of cars here. When we pass a double-decker bus, I couldn't help but stare transfixed. We definitely weren't in the states anymore.

"It's a bit different than what you're used to, isn't it?"

The sound of Jackson's voice had my eyes immediately going in his direction. He had his sun visor down and I met his eyes in the mirror.

"Very. This is definitely nothing like New York. I don't think I could even drive here if I tried," I said with a laugh.

Ryan snorted. "Like you can even drive well back home."

Jackson laughed and I frowned at the two of them. "I'm an excellent driver. Unlike the guy who got a ticket two months ago."

Ryan sucked his teeth. "That wasn't my fault! That cop was just being a douche and trying to make his quota."

"Ry, you were going ten over in a school zone. The sign was blinking!"

Jackson turned to glance at him. "Gotta side with the lady, mate. That one's on you."

"Whatever," Ryan quipped and crossed his arms over his chest and looked out of his window.

My eyes met Jackson's in the mirror again and I gave him a smile. He winked at me and my body shivered.

The cab driver came to a stop and announced we had arrived. Nervousness filled me as I got out of the car. I suddenly realized that I would be spending the next few days in Jackson's home. His personal space. The one place where everything was his.

"Ready?" Ryan asked as he grabbed our luggage.

My eyes met Jackson's as he held the gate open that led to his apartment. "Yes, I'm ready."

Truth was...I didn't think I would ever be ready for anything that involved Jackson Reese.

I continue to towel dry my hair as I walked out of the bathroom in Jackson's guest bedroom. As soon as we got here, Jackson showed us around and I took advantage of taking a shower. Ryan was passed out in the bed, not surprising. I was exhausted myself but was feeling... Restless. Antsy, even. I dried off quickly before I put on some yoga pants and a tank top. I tiptoed out of the room to not wake Ryan as I walked into the living room.

I was alone and started looking around at the pictures on Jackson's wall. Most of them were of him and Ryan or him and his mom. I smiled as I looked at his graduation photo. He was young, so it must have been high school. He had longer hair here, but he still had that same charming smile.

The picture next to it appeared to be of him and Ryan. Ryan looked to be about nine years old in the picture. He had his hand on the back of Jackson's head and looked like he was about to smash Jackson's face into a birthday cake.

It was interesting to see pictures of them like this. As brothers. Since I never knew Jackson existed until I met him, I always thought Ryan was an only child.

I couldn't hold back my laugh as I continue to look at the picture that captured that special moment.

"I was pissed at him for that," Jackson said as he came and stood beside me.

"Really?" I asked as I glanced from him back to the picture.

He kept his eyes on the picture as he answered. "Yeah. I got cake in my eyes, nose...everywhere. I didn't talk to him for a while that day."

"Why were you guys estranged? You seem to have gotten along."

When he stayed quiet, I glanced at him. I could tell he clenched his teeth and knew I must have hit a nerve.

He cleared his throat and may my stare. "That's a story for another time. Now, are you hungry?"

Actually, I was starving. "Yes, please."

"Right this way," he said as he turned and walked towards the kitchen.

I followed after him and lifted myself on the breakfast bar while he grabbed some pots and pans from under the sink.

"How does pancakes, eggs, and bacon sound," he asked.

"Perfect." I smiled at him and he got to work with the bacon first.

It was an interesting feeling as I sat there and watched him cook. It felt...personal. Intimate. Something that we probably shouldn't be doing.

Trying to shift to my thoughts in a different direction, I cleared my throat and asked, "So, I never asked you, what do you do for work?"

I could tell by his smile he knew what I was doing. Instead of calling me out on it, he answered, "I own my own construction company."

I raised my brows. I was not expecting that. "Really? That's impressive."

He glanced over at me. "Thank you. But, in my opinion, being a teacher is a lot more rewarding."

I looked down at my hands as I started fidgeting. "I thought so too."

"Past tense? You don't think that now?

I let out a long breath and still diverted my eyes. "No, I do. It's just with everything going on back home, I don't think I'll be able to keep doing it anymore."

He flipped the bacon in the pan. "Because of your mom?"

"Yeah. That night at the hotel, she was pretty adamant that there was no way I would be able to keep my job. I just worked so hard for it; you know. It was my dream to be a teacher and help young children." I let out a long breath before I added, "I don't know what to do, Jackson."

He took the pan off of the burner before he walked over and stood in front of me. He slid his finger under my chin and lifted my face slightly so that I would meet his gaze.

"Fuck them. If you want to teach, do it."

If only it was that simple. "What about my mom? I think there's something she's hiding from me about all this."

"Then find out what it is. Just because you got pushed into this wedding sham doesn't mean you agreed to change who you are. Find out what she's hiding. I can help you."

He smiled at me and I sighed. "Thank you. But you have enough going on right now to worry about me," I said quietly.

He was quiet before he glanced towards the guest bedroom. He looked back at me as he stepped between my legs and kissed me. It was slow and tender, and I relished in it.

He pulled away and stroked my bottom lip with his thumb, "Thank you for coming, Princess. I'm really glad you're here."

"Me, too. Now, how about that breakfast?" I asked teasingly.

He squeezed my thigh before he returned the pan to the burner and finished the bacon.

"So, Princess, how do you like your eggs?"

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

719K 24.6K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
382K 16.9K 54
Completed | They say karma can come back to bite you in the ass. As a retired Special Forces Sergeant, Nate Jenkins isn't thrown for a loop very ofte...
67K 2.5K 34
BOOK TWO in the STEAMY FORBIDDEN ROMANCE series -- please read BOOK ONE, Illicit, before proceeding with this novel! Coralie Watson, now living in NY...
325K 14.6K 61
Completed | Jackson Reese never thought he would be a one woman kind of guy. That all changed when he met Harper Lewis. Being in a committed relatio...