Frau des Winters *Under Editi...

By TheRoseOfTheVolturi

Charlotte Marie Frost is the only survivor of a horrible car wreck that took the lives of both her parents a... More

Cast
Epigraph
Aesthetics
AN - Updated Dec 12, 2023
The Vision *Updated 12/12/23*
Revealed *Updated 12/13/23*
The Slap *Updated 12/13/23*
The Guard *Updated 12'13'23*
Meet the Guard!
Guard Photos
Relation (Updated 12/14/23)
Clear (Updated 12-14-23)
0.7 Flight
0.8 Beginning
0.9 Lessons
0.10 End
0.11 Talk
0.12 Protect
A Message From Hawthorne
Story Recap
1.1 - Truth
1.2 Dreams
1.3 Awake
The Bonds
1.4 - Decisions
1.5 Finally
Holiday Special #1
1.6
1.7
A Message from Hawthorne
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
1.16
1.17
1.18
1.19
1.20
1.21
1.22
1.23
1.24
1.25
1.26
Story Recap

1.15

7.6K 277 34
By TheRoseOfTheVolturi

Caius tried desperately to contain his beast as he sat on the witch's couch. He had always despised witches, at least a few covens and families of them, but his least favorite had always been the Gray Witch Bernadette Carlos. She had been a pain in his side for over seven hundred years and now he had to deal with her being his mate's guardian.

He cursed the High Council for their choice. Couldn't they have picked a Green or Blue Witch? Anyone but her would have been ideal. Even that damned Red Warlock, Ishgar, would have worked. And he had wanted that man's head for around four hundred years now. But no. The Gods truly hated him.

"You look like you just sucked a drunkard's ass." The witch laughed at his expression.

Caius's fingers curled into the arm of the couch, his nails slicing through the fabric like butter, his eyes closed as he tried to control himself, "Why have I not ripped your flesh from your bones yet?"

"Because the Treaty stands and you wouldn't dare harm me anyway. Your mate wouldn't take my death well..." Ms. Carlos smirked at the man and rubbed her chin thoughtfully,"even if you could kill me."

"Brothers... Let me. Let me end this disgusting creature." Caius almost moaned in delight at the thought of finally being rid of the Gray Witch.

"You know the law, Caius." Aro rolled his eyes, rather bored and still irritated at the lighting that nearly hit his face.

"Bernadette. . . Why are you here?" Marcus had a hard look on his face.

For once Ms. Carlos didn't pester Caius, mock Aro, or belittle Marcus. Her eyes grew sad and she looked at a photo of a man on the wall. He had haunting blue eyes, black hair as dark as the night and a charming smile. Charlotte had asked her about him many times and all she could say... Would say... Was that he was an old friend.

"Because he asked me to watch over his child... And I failed him. I won't let anymore of his line die."

---------------------------------------

"So you knew... All this time?" Charlotte sighed.

"The wolves, yes. Vampires? Not so much." Charlie sunk into his chair with tired eyes.

"And... It was Billy and Harry that saved me... That day." It wasn't a question.

"I followed the blood into the woods. Imagine my surprise at finding you curled up with two massive wolves." Charlie chuckled darkly at the memory.

"Was it a vampire?" She stuttered over her words.

Charlie nodded slowly watching her face closely, "They wouldn't tell me then, but now... I figured it out after Carlisle explained everything to me."

"After... The attack?" She gulped, now remembering that day.

"Yes."

"Charlie... I... I don't know what to do." Tears filled her eyes.

"The choice is yours, kiddo." Charlie knew what she was thinking.

In a short time everything had come out. Now she knew the truth about the Tribe, her cousin and the Cullens, her family's death, and being mated to three of the most powerful supernatural beings in the world. Granted, Charlie didn't know about her own new found secret, but what he already knew was big enough.

Her mind and heart were in turmoil. Carlisle and The Kings had explained the mate bond to him, he knew the importance of it. And he knew she felt it. She was a smart woman and could understand now the pull in her chest. But... Now she also knew that a vampire was responsible for the deaths of her parents and brother. No one knew who the vampire was or why she had attacked, but Charlie knew she was blaming herself. Maybe that vampire knew her destiny and had targeted her early in life. Maybe. But that was the past. There was nothing to be done now and it would NEVER be considered her fault.

"Lotti, baby... Your family isn't dead because of you." Charlie placed a hand on her knee softly.

"What if they are?" Her voice was nearly non-existent as she spoke.

"You remember Waylon, right?" Charlie's heart clenched at the mention of his old friend.

Charlotte nodded and wiped her tears.

"Waylon was killed by nomadic vampires. A random attack. Those killings in Seattle? Vampires. They are everywhere... And they attack for their own reasons. Some for food, others for personal gain... But they decide it. We will never know why your family was attacked, but it is dead now. All of this... What happened with Bella is crazy enough, right?"

Charlotte nodded slowly.

"This world is filled with crazy things. It is unbelievable... But one of the only things I believe in with all my heart is that you are innocent. It wasn't your fault. And it's not your fault you are paired with... Those men." Charlie swallowed at the reminder that his little niece was mated to three men. "And it's not their fault either."

Charlotte glared up at him slightly and he chuckled.

"I know you better than anyone. You can't blame them for what happened that day. Humans harm each other every day, but you don't see me blaming one man for another's crime.
Give them a chance. They are apparently your soul mates after all... I don't want you to miss that chance at happiness."

Charlotte sighed and leaned forward to wrap herself in her Uncle's arms. She closed her eyes and listened to his heart beat. It was steady, just like he always was. Charlie Swan had been her best friend and rock for her whole life. This man had raised her as his own by himself. This was the man that taught her everything she knew. And she would always put her trust in him. She would always believe him. And if he told her to give them a chance... She would try.

--------------------------------------

"A pleasure seeing you again, Bernadette." Marcus nodded his head to her slowly as the Kings took a step outside her door.

"I am sure you only speak for yourself." She snickered at the visible relief on Caius's face as he escaped her home and stormed into the forest.

Even Aro was happy to be out of her home. His eyes now locked on Charlotte's house intensely before he followed his blonde brother. She snorted knowing that they were going to sit in a tree and watch over Charlotte all day. At least it was better than that Cullen sneaking into Bella's room.

"You know how they are " Marcus sighed.

Personally Marcus and Bernadette had never really bumped heads. Sometimes she would throw an insult his way, but she saw him as the only semi reasonable one. And they had a history of working together in times of war. They wouldn't call themselves friends, but they could hold a decent conversation from time to time. Honestly he was the only one Bernadette considered, possibly, being worth Charlotte's time. But the choice wasn't hers. The Fates had hand picked the four of them to be together and she had learned the hard way not to test the Fates.

"How is she?"

Marcus didn't need a name to know who she was speaking of.

"She is... Confused. Hurt."

"Give the girl time. After all you're practically made of stone. A few years won't hurt you." Bernadette leaned on her door and watched as the guard from before reappeared, "That guard of yours has quite the temper. I much prefer the old one you had."

"The one you killed?" Marcus had a blank expression.

"Did I kill that one? I thought I killed the one before him." She twitched her nose.

"No. That was Caius's guard." Marcus chuckled.

"Well you have got a good memory. At least you are good for one thing besides looking like a disco ball." The old woman cackled and gestured fkr him to leave, "Now go on. I can feel Caius's eyes trying to rip me apart from here."

Marcus smiled and began walking away but he stopped and turned sincere eyes her way, "Thank you for watching over her."

"I didn't do it for you."

"No you didn't.... I am sorry about Hollianne."

"You're not to blame. Now go you sparkly bastard."

She watched as he vanished from her sight and into the forest where she could feel Caius's eyes. She groaned and wandered back inside. Shutting her door she glanced up at the photo of the man and smiled sadly.

"She is in their hands now. Like you wanted. I am sorry I couldn't do more,  Jack."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 202 38
Leaving America for her first ever vacation to Italy, Charlotte Wilson is driving alone at night and in unknown territory. After an auto accident tha...
93K 2.6K 23
You take Bella's place in this story. Instead of loving Edward, you fall hard for Jacob. And who knows, he may feel the same. You're the daughter of...
2K 74 6
Juliette Swan's plans for a gap year were simple: take a break from the academic grind, enjoy quality time with her dad, bond with her younger sister...
Wild Ones By Ren

Fanfiction

4.4K 174 24
Scarlett Dee Hartigan thought she lost it all when she lost her momma. The accident took away the last blood she had and left her with anxiety, scars...