Lilah

Oleh AshlynPope

#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at... Lebih Banyak

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1: Butterflies
Chapter 2: CIA Spy
Chapter 3: Sugar
Chapter 4: Sober
Chapter 5: Nineteen
Chapter 6: Dangerous
Chapter 7: Mistake
Chapter 8: Grasshole
Chapter 9: Friends?
Chapter 10: Hugs
Chapter 11: Jake
Chapter 12: Destroyed
Chapter 13: Drugs
Chapter 14: Nothing
Chapter 15: Selfish
Chapter 16: Miami
Chapter 17: Childish
Chapter 18: Karma
Chapter 19: Yours
Chapter 20: Drunk
Chapter 21: Sway
Chapter 22: Enough
Chapter 23: Retaliation
Chapter 24: Amazing
Chapter 25: Stargazing
Chapter 26: Dumb
Chapter 27: Crackhead
Chapter 28: Done
Chapter 29: Reassurance
Chapter 30: Herb
Chapter 31: Party
Chapter 32: Apples
Chapter 33: Weird
Chapter 34: Baby
Chapter 35: Doctor
Chapter 36: Bud
Chapter 37: Suspicious
Chapter 38: Club
Chapter 39: Flowers
Chapter 41: Scared
Chapter 42: College
Chapter 43: Jessica
Chapter 44: Birthday
Epilogue

Chapter 40: Christmas

1.5M 33K 140K
Oleh AshlynPope

❀Azalea❀

December twenty-fifth. It's motherfreaking Christmas.

And I'm ashamed of myself for still being in bed at the moment.

The shower in the bathroom turns off. I rub on Bear's belly who sits next to me, rolled over onto his back.

I'd been up for hours. Since about six. I already showered and did everything I needed to. Then I had laid back down with Grey because I needed a cuddle buddy.

I didn't even want to let him go this morning when he woke up. The little smile he had on his face when I wouldn't let him go was a sign that he liked that. He seems happy today and that makes me happy.

What also makes me happy is how juicy he looks. Oh yeah.

The bathroom door opens and I hear Grey's footsteps as he walks out. I sit up slowly and admire him. His arms are raised as he dries his hair with a towel roughly. His joggers hang low on his hips and I narrow my eyes at the defined top of a 'v' just above the waist of his pants. His long sleeve shirt covers the rest of what I want to see.

He lowers the towel and tosses it into the hamper near the door. He raises his dark eyes to me and a slow smile pulls at his lips. He begins walking over to me and I raise my arms for him.

He leans into me and I hug him tightly. Sitting on the bed, he pulls me onto his lap gently. Bear lets out a soft whine.

"I know you're lookin' hard at my goodies," he uses the same term I use and my heart flutters.

I nod softly against him.

I pull away from the hug and place a long kiss on his lips.

"Merry Christmas," he pulls away, pecking my lips one more time. I smile.

"Merry Christmas you filthy animal."

"You gotta always be so mean to me?" he shakes his head but I know he's teasing.

"I'm never mean to you."

His eyes suddenly take on a certain look. I know that look. I've seen it too many times by now. His hands trail lower on my waist and he pulls my body closer to his.

"You hornish little buttnugge-" he cuts me off.

"Are you gonna give me my present now or later?" he leans down to me, uttering lowly.

"Right now," I whisper. His eyes flash excitedly. I raise my hands up to his booty and I slap that butt so hard.

"Merry Christmas, that was it," I smile and he looks more unamused than I've seen him look in quite a while.

"You're a little shit, you know that?" he squeezes my waist and I squirm a bit.

"Wanna know something?" I ask him and before he can answer, I continue anyway, "I don't give a fart."

"I got you something," he says and I perk up. He made me not get anything for him. Like, fully kept me from getting anything. He also said he'd be mad if I got anything which made me mad and I didn't talk to him for three minutes.

So then I said if I'm not allowed to get him anything, then he's not allowed to get me anything because that's not how this works.

"You did?"

"Fuck no, kiss my ass," he pulls away, smirking to himself and my mouth drops open. Then he comes back closer.

"I'm kidding," he shakes his head, rolling his eyes. So he did get me something? I swear he doesn't like to listen to me.

He reaches into the pocket of his joggers and when his hand comes back out, it's tightly closed. He brings his hand up, level to my face and I furrow my eyebrows. He extends out his pointer finger, all while still keeping the hand clenched shut.

He pushes his hand closer and his eyebrows furrow down at the neckline of my shirt and he points to it. I look down at what he's looking at and he opens his hand, running his monstrous hand up my face.

I give him an unamused look.

"Really, I did get you something," he nods, putting his hand into his other pocket. He brings his hand up and shows me his middle finger.

Someone has jokes today.

"I'm sorry," he pulls my head into his chest and he kisses the top of it. He reaches down and interlaces his hand with mine, pulling away.

"C'mon," he begins walking somewhere.

"I trust you as far as I can throw you. And you know what that means? That means I trust you zero percent," I explain.

"I'll pick your ass up so you ain't got a choice, Lilah," he gives my hand a tug.

I wish I was a freaking bodybuilder. One good time I just want to outpower him so bad. If I contact The Rock, I wonder what the chances are of him responding.

He brings me to the dresser.

"If you're about to open your underwear drawer and shove one over my head like you did that one time, I'm going to run away," I warn him.

"Like hell your lazy ass would run anywhere," he glances at me, a smile tugging at his lips.

"What is this? Make-fun-of-Azalea day?" I place my hands on my hips. I mean, even if my knee would allow me to run, he's right, I wouldn't but whatever.

"It's make-fun-of-Grey day every day for you, I think you can deal with this today," he nods.

"You're fixing to get got, you know that?" I roll up my invisible sleeves.

"Yeah?" he teases, rolling up his actual sleeves. I catch sight of a patch on his arm that looks like it's covered in saran wrap.

"What's that?" I question, looking up at him. He gives me one of his baby smiles. He removes the patch and I look at the new edition to his sleeve.

My heart beats wildly and my eyes automatically get watery. A single beautifully detailed azalea sits in the previously blankish space. Around the flower lies the leaves to it that go up and begin to wrap around the dead tree beside it. Where the leaves have wrapped around the dead tree, there have been lighter highlights added.

Where the leaves of the azalea touch the dead tree, the tree seems to come back to life.

"What're you crying for?" his voice questions softly.

"It's like you actually love me or something," I joke, wiping under my eyes.

"Well, you like it?" he asks, "I mean, that shit's permanent so even if you don't you're still gonna have to look at it, but do you like it?"

I love it.
I love him.
I love those Colby Jack cheese squares too- stop.

"I mean it's a commitment," he shrugs, looking down at his arm. His eyes remain happy. He loves the tattoo too.

"But shit, an even bigger commitment is dealing with your ass every day and guess what? I do that," he adds. I throw my head back and laugh at his ridiculousness.

"I love it," I smile at him happily, "I really do."

"Good. I have another thing for you," he winces back because he knows I'm about to slap his boob.

"Grey Alexander Kingston. This isn't fair," I cross my arms.

"I already have everything I want, I don't need anything," he shakes his head.

"Does it look like I care?" I raise my eyebrows. I grab his wallet off the top of the dresser. I bring it in front of me.

"Merry Christmas you butt," I hand his wallet to him. I'm such a great last-minute gift giver.

He opens the drawer that he keeps his freaking guns in.

"Your nosy ass. This is the only damn place that you wouldn't stumble upon it," he rolls his eyes and I watch him pull out a pretty large flat box.

I recognize the brand name on the box to be one I cannot pronounce because it's foreign and obviously expensive.

"No," I deadpan.

"Yes sir," he tells me. He's stealing my phrases but it tickles my pickle.

"That's too much. Thank you, Sugar, but I can't take it-"

"You don't even know what the hell is in the box," he interrupts me.

"I can't even pronounce the name on the front of that velvet box. That's too expensive," I hold my heart.

"It cost me two bucks," he lies straight to my face. He opens it and an absolutely gorgeous necklace lays inside it perfectly. I gasp softly. The chain of the necklace is the cleanest platinum silver I'll probably ever see. The part that makes my eyes water again is the solitaire diamond pendant that rests against the dark blue velvet padding of the case.

It's perfect. It's simple and absolutely gorgeous.

"Grey this is too much," I keep my hand on my heart. He sits the case on the top of the dresser and he picks the necklace up gently.

"Turn around," he tells me. I point my finger at him.

"I cannot."

"You don't like it?" he asks.

"I love it. Oh my gosh, I love it but-"

"Then turn your ass around," he tells me again. I give him the I'm-about-to-make-a-run-for-it look and he narrows his eyes. He picks up on that look.

I'm tackled by my third step onto the bed. He leans me up against the backboard and straddles me, but keeping his weight off me. He unclasps the necklace and there's no point in me struggling.

"It's too expensive, Grey," I whisper and he only flits his eyes up to mine for a quick enough second to give me a little smile.

"Your ass deserves the world; this isn't anything," he reaches around my neck. It takes him a few seconds but he finally gets it clasped back.

I love how his compliments are always so him.

"If I can't put a diamond on your finger yet, then one's going to be one around your neck," he tells me sternly before leaning down and giving my lips a soft kiss.

"I love you, Sugar."

"I love you, Lilah."

"Oh!" I suddenly remember, "We have to wake up Bear to give him his toys!"

"He can wait," he grumbles.

"Nuh-uh, he's a Santa Claus enthusiast, he needs his presents asap," I nod and Grey only rolls his eyes, moving off of me.

~~~

ϟ Grey ϟ

Bear lays on the floor, all the toys and bones Azalea says Santa Claus got for him surrounding him.

From beside me, Azalea sits with her eyes trained on Bear. She loves that damn dog more than she loves me.

Her hand fiddles with the necklace that sits around her neck. Abby was half behind the necklace. I wanted to get her something. I've been wanting to get her something but I didn't know what. She deserves more than just a couple thousand dollar necklace. But I know if I got her anything bigger, she'd not talk to me for at least ten minutes.

I don't think I can go that long without hearing her voice. Ever since she's moved in the longest I've gone without hearing her voice with her beside me had to have been at least five minutes.

Goddamn, she's talkative.

"Guess what?" she rolls her head over to me and I'm placed in a trance upon seeing her looking over at me like she loves me. I don't think I'll ever get used to that look she gives me.

"What?"

"Bear totally just farted," she snorts.

"You sure it wasn't you?" I question.

"Nope. If it was me, you'd know it," she explains and that's true. She's brutally honest and she doesn't hold anything back. If she's got to do something, she's gonna do it and she's gonna make sure you know it's her that did it.

She leans into me and grips onto the side of my face. She places her lips on my cheek before trailing them down to my jaw. She knows I like it when she does that.

The kisses are innocent but when she does it, it makes me think thoughts that are far from innocent.

Then she blows a damn raspberry on my cheek and pulls away, laughing at her own actions.

She stands up and grabs onto my hand, motioning for me to get up too.

"Want to help me make cookies for tonight?" she asks me excitedly, a smile on her face.

I can't say no to that.

I know shit about baking but it's obvious she wants me to help her. I only give her a little nod and her smile widens as she starts to pull me into the kitchen.

I stand in the middle of the kitchen watching her as she skitters around grabbing ingredients from everywhere. I don't really know what to do with myself.

She washes her hands then instructs me to do the same and I do. She passes me the carton of eggs and a metal bowl.

"Crack two eggs in the bowl for me, okay?" she tells me, keeping her eyes focused on whatever she's mixing together. I look at the eggs in front of me.

My egg-cracking skills are very high level. Really at all. I can cook them, that's easy. But I can't crack them open without getting the shell everywhere.

"Um," I mumble and she pauses, looking over at me. Her eyebrows furrow in sweet concern.

"You need a little bit of help?" she questions, scooting over closer to me. She grips onto one of the eggs, cracks it on the side of the bowl and shows me slowly how to open it without getting shells anywhere. Then she stands back a bit and watches me as I successfully crack my own egg without getting any shells anywhere.

"Look at that!" I hear the smile in her voice, "such a good helper."

My chest fills with pride for cracking a fucking egg properly.

She gives me a few other ingredients to mix in with the eggs and before she can tell me to mix it in with the 'dry ingredients' as she called them, my phone rings.

The name Sanfred appears on the screen and the call better not be what I think it is. It's nine in the morning on Christmas.

"Yeah?" I grumble.

"I know you said we won't work today but this is really important," Sanfred explains on the other end of the phone. I wanted today to be completely work-free. The guys need a break and I do too.

I wanted to spend all day with Azalea before we go to Jai's house tonight for the annual 'gathering' he has.

"What is it?" I sigh.

He explains all the details he's got access to and the whereabouts of the case. It's only about an hour away so it's not terrible. A kid has been taken from his family into this state from Georgia. All we have to do is retrieve the kid and turn the guy in.

I place my phone down on the counter and she looks at me, a smile on her lips.

"You have to work?" she questions softly. I nod hesitantly.

"Okay," she nods, "I'll just finish these up and then I'll go see Mr. Terrip for a while."

"I'm sorry," I tell her honestly. She shakes her head immediately.

"No, no, I understand that you have to do this and it's perfectly okay," she smiles. She leans to me and wraps her small arms around my torso. I place a kiss on her head.

"I love you," I tell her. Her hands trail down to my ass.

"I love you."

~~~

❀Azalea❀

I am very pleased with today's events. I feel like I've gotten a lot done. Not only did I make cookies for Mr. Terrip and for Jai's house tonight, but I also went to see Mr. Terrip.

When I came home, I curled my hair too which is something I haven't done in forever. Not that I'm complaining, but Grey's been away for a while longer than I thought so I've had some extra free time.

I also had a mini runway show for Bear. He loved it, I'm sure. I'm more of a Spring/Summer type of person so I have a lot of clothes that I wear when it's warm, and not a ton of clothes to wear while it's cold. So since I haven't worn my warm-season clothes in a while, I decided to show Bear them.

Once I was done with that, I did laundry then sat down to watch Incredibles 2 because I love baby Jack-Jack.

Halfway through the movie, Grey walks in the door and a smile automatically lights up my face. He's not smiling. I pause the movie and stand, walking to him. He keeps his eyes on the ground and my smile falters.

Without a word, he tugs me to him. He bends, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. In only a second, he lifts me up so he's not bending. I grow worried.

"What's wrong?" I ask softly. He remains quiet. He doesn't move.

"There was a kid," he starts quietly, and I squeeze him tighter.

"Some psycho took him from his parents and we had to go get him," he continues, still holding onto me for dear life. I don't say anything, I just let him talk. I let him tell me what's wrong.

"When we got there, I walked in first like I always do and the guy was there waiting for us," he trails off.

"He shot the kid in the head right in front of me," he presses his face into my shoulder after finishing and my eyes widen but I don't say anything.

I'm usually a person of many words. But now, I have no idea what to say to him. So I just hug him as tight as possible, figuring it's what he needs.

"What do you need me to do?" I keep my voice strong but soft.

"Just let me hold you."

"Okay," I nod, kissing his temple. I hear Bear's collar below me and I peek down to see him, rubbing his head against Grey's leg.

He walks over to the couch and sits down, situating me on his lap, never taking his hands off me.

"That's never happened to me before," he says quietly, removing his face from my shoulder and looking at me. His clenches and my heart breaks when it makes me think he blames it on himself.

He runs his fingers through the hair at the back of my head.

"You look beautiful," he leans forward, placing a sweet kiss on my lips.

"Thank you, Sugar," I smile and his face lightens.

"I'm always here for you, just like now, okay? Whenever you need me," I place a kiss on his cheek and he nods.

"Thank you."

~~~

Grey understood when I told him we didn't have to go to Jai's house tonight but he insisted on going. I think it's because he wanted to get his mind off things.

But he's still shaken up by what he saw, I can tell that much. I think anyone would be. He's being quieter and he's not let go of me since he got home.

Even in the car on the way to Jai's, he's got his hand over in my lap, interlaced with my own.

I'm happy to know that he recognizes that I'm here for him but I just want to take his thoughts and pain away. It hurts me to see him hurt.

"We can leave whenever you want to, Sugar," I remind him, "just tell me when okay?"

He turns his head over to me as we pull into the driveway of Jai's craftsmen style house.

"Okay."

We get out and Grey's automatically by my side. On one hand, is the plate of cookies I made and in the other is his hand.

He opens the door for us and walks right in.

"Look who it is," Oaklee calls out as Jai gets up to greet us.

"Merry Christmas," he smiles before he sees the cookies.

"Oh my God, she brought cookies," he notices them, taking the plate from my hands and giving them to the grabby hands of Oaklee.

Jai brings me in for a hug and Grey never releases my hand.

"Hey man," Jai gives him a slightly sad smile, "you good?"

Grey only nods at him, tugging me closer to his large frame.

"Azalea!" Abby's voice calls my name and I gasp. I don't let go of Grey's hand, I wait until she reaches us.

"Are you here with Roman?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her and her face turns only a little pink. She gives me a nod and my smile widens. Then she looks up at Grey.

"Hey, Grey," she throws up a friendly smile and he gives her a nod.

"Y'all come in here," Maxon calls out, the plate of cookies in his hand, "we're about to start watching The Grinch."

"Aka, Grey," Oaklee coughs and the guys laugh. Grey rolls his eyes, shaking his head as he holds back a little smirk.

We take a seat on the couch and he leans his whole body into me. I place my hand on the top of his back and run my fingernails along the surface. He relaxes and sets his sights on the movie in front of us.

A quarter of the way into the movie, most of the guys get up and follow Jai into the kitchen. Grey looks down at me.

"Do you care if I go have some drinks?" he questions and I give him a soft smile.

"I don't mind," I shake my head. He gives me a soft kiss and follows a few others into the kitchen.

Abby scoots over to me.

"Is Grey okay?" she questions, "I mean he's usually pretty quiet but tonight just seems a little more than usual."

"He had a tough day today," I explain without giving too much detail. She nods in understanding.

Abby and I talk and watch the rest of the movie for another forty-five minutes before the guys start filing back in. Some stumbling already. Grey comes out walking smoothly but by the way his eyes look tired, I know he's drunk.

He's about to get real sweet.

"Watch this," I giggle a little, nodding to Grey.

"Oh gosh, is he a horny drunk?" she laughs. Not even.

"He's very, very sweet. Not hornish, but a sweetheart," I smile as he gets closer. Actually, depending on what he drank, it may not have set in all the way yet but he still looks pretty drunk even right now.

Once he's close enough to touch me, he does. He plops onto the couch.

"I need a kiss. Need it," he points to his lips, drawing closer to me. I give him a kiss and he pulls away satisfied.

"Pretty girl," he leans his forehead against mine. At least he doesn't have a chicken leg this time. He looks down at the necklace he got me that lays against my chest.

"Thank God for you," he lays his head down on my lap and Abby moves out of the way of his legs, laughing a little bit.

"I love you and Tubs," he places a kiss on my stomach and I laugh.

Running my hands through his hair, I thank God for him too.

♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦

Y'all I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I honestly didn't even know what day, month, or even year it was. I don't know why I decided to have a little Christmas special since it's not even Christmas, but I hope y'all enjoy.

*Not edited*

Word count: 3987

-Ashlyn M.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.2M 33K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...
41.4K 665 52
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...
251K 4K 36
{completed} They say opposites attract, the good girl + the bad boy. The grumpy + sunshine. She's intrigued by his eyes, maybe it's because they sha...
40.4K 827 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...