Beginning of us

By Drey_Cee

Andre had given up on love after his exs failed him .He's ruled out dating till Anniella whom he calls his b... More

1. Teen Boss
2. Finally!🤩
3. Last day out
5. Keep your hand to yourself
6 . Dont you move an inch
7. That man had it coming
8. Money spitting jerk!
9. Sexy greek god of a model❤️!
10. Ma jolie fille brune🌹❤️
IMPORTANT!
11. Will they taste like chocolate ?
12. I missed you❤️!
13.Red Christmas😩
14. I love you damn it!
15. Mistletoe kiss🤤
16. Want a strip tease?
17.The candle tops it all
18.You smell like me
19.Where's our final place after here?
20. You speaking French is a total turn on
21. God really was showing off when He created you
22.There's no one as flawless as you babe
23. I don't know what I've done to deserve this blessing.💍
24. Congratulations to the newest celebrity couple in town❤️💍🥂
25. Getting dumped via sms.
26.No way am I giving up on her
27. To hell with you.
28. My mission as at now is to get back the love of my life.
29. Because I want to talk to you.
30.Let's pick up from where we were disrupted
31. I've got a duty tonight.
32. Don't think you've gotten away with pacifying me😉
33.I don't want you to thank me, you know what i want😎
34. Ah that feeling.
35 Welcome to Bali babe🇮🇩❤️
Please note!!!
36. They're unforgettable and mind blowing.
37. Softest pillow ever☺️
38. Put your dress on babe. Im not loving this😕
39. Mon beau Monsieur
40. Evil devil
41. Venus of our time
New book!!!
42. Mmnh I'm flattered
43. I've heard so much about you🙃
44. Welcome to the family
45. Epilogue🌚
Please read😊
New book📖🌹
Book two out‼️‼️‼️

4. Welcome to New Jersey!

4.8K 159 26
By Drey_Cee

Hey guys❤️ I picture China Anne McClain as Anniella 😌, she's the one I've got in mind rn 😩❤️.

I toss and turn in bed finally waking up, I rub my eyes and sit up on bed, yawning. I wasn't able to sleep well last night, I kept thinking about today. Yeah that restlessness when you anticipate going somewhere or doing something especially an excursion, camp or holidays.

I leap out from bed going into my bathroom when I remember our flight is in the morning, 9:00 am and we need to get there an hour or two earlier.

After brushing and bathing, I look through my walk-in closet, searching for an outfit. I settle on a black Adidas hoodie, skinny jeans and vans. I comb my hair, typing it in a tight bun on my head and use a styling gel to do my baby curls. I look at the time of my phone, it's only 7 :15 in the morning,great, I finished in record time because I woke up at 7.

I run down the stairs and stopped to see Nessa, her mother and my parents with Aunt Bertha and Uncle Richard in the living room chatting away.

I kiss each one of them on their cheeks. "Good morning fam." They had toasts and fried eggs with coffee in front of them for breakfast. I dragged Nessa with me to the kitchen and sat on the island with her. She had this sad look on her face that made my heart ache, I hate seeing my best friend like this. The last time I saw her with that face was when the court finally granted her parents divorce petition granting her mother the sole ownership of all their properties. I'm not throwing shade yeah but her dad was a pauper who got married to her mother just for her money and when he got access to it started going out with different women.

I sigh, I seem to be doing this a lot lately." Heyy cheer up, we've talked about everything and figured everything out, imma be your bestie even over there, distance isn't going to separate us, we go way back b."

Nessa looks at my face running her fingers through her hair. "Yeah I know right, it's just this insecurity of mine you meeting some one way cooler over there and choosing her over me."

I laugh out loud yeah but sober up, adjusting myself so I look at her face. "Babes like I said distance can't separate us, get over that insecurity, I don't wanna leave you like this," "I'm gonna FaceTime you most of the time when we're both free, we'll even forget I'm gone from here."

"Alright Alright, I've heard you uptee girl."

I go to the refrigerator and grabbed five  snicker bars from the freezer ,chuckling when she called me that. Who else likes their snicker bars freezing cold ? Throwing two to Vanessa and stuffing two in my hoodie pocket, I ate the remaining one, licking my lips in the process, yummy!

Nessa looks at me, fiddling her fingers."My mum will have me transferred to a university  in Europe."

"To study neurosurgery or continue the medicine?" I asked her.

"To study neurosurgery, you know it's my passion." She said with eyes twinkling.

She's been bugging us for years since forever saying she wants to be a neurosurgeon, learning to get the required grades for it and unfortunately she was given Medicine at her current university.

"That's a great news babes so when?" I squealed I'm so happy for her, she's finally going to study what she's passionate about.

"My mum is still working on it but I'm sure this year."

My dad's arrival to the kitchen cut short our conversation. "Honey it's time to go to the airport."

I got up from my seat trudging to my room to take my side bag. I take a last look at my room, touching the framed pictures of my family, pictures of Nessa with me in high school and the various awards I had back in school. I give my bed a pat, " I'll miss you buddy, be good y'all!"

I run down the stairs to the drive way and got into Nessa's mothers car, it was the only car with a seat available, I'm very sure it's the doing of our parents to give us time together. Mrs Blankson starts her ignition and drives off.

I take Nessa's hand in mine and look out of the window, looking at the city for the last time as building, cars, humans and trees passed by. Nessa gives my hand a squeeze stealing my attention. "You know this place won't be the same again without you for me?"

"Yeah I do." I smile at her, savoring these last moments.

          ************************************

The ride to the airport wasn't a very long one like I expected on a weekday, I looked out of the window of the plane remembering the tears in my parents' eyes and Nessa's when it was time for us to say goodbye. I hate goodbyes they make me feel like I'm not gonna see the other person again.

I brush them off because I don't wanna cry though it's embodied in my memory. "Goodbye Ghana." I say to myself when we are told to fasten our seatbelts, the plane is about to take off.

Aunt Bertha takes my left hand which was closer to her and gave it a gentle squeeze, kissing my forehead, "You'll be fine dear, don't worry." She assured me as I snuggle into her and I soon fall asleep, the sleep I couldn't get the previous night taking over.

I wake up to someone fastening my seatbelt for me. I looked up to see Uncle Richard smiling down at me. "We're about to land sweetie."

You can imagine the look of surprise on my face, I slept the entire ride? A flight of 11 hours at most and it still feels like minutes ago? Geez I must have been sleepy.

The plane lands and we get off board, the winter weather started getting to me. I open my mouth in awe as we go through John F. Kennedy Airport. "Woah."

Aunt Bertha and Uncle Richard laugh at my reaction. "Close your mouth honey, you may catch flies in there.", He said to me laughing.

I wasn't mad though, I laughed too, the airport is freaking big and I must say beautiful beyond my imaginations. I mentally slap myself, idiot it's America we're talking about here.

We're currently heading to a white Acura. The chauffeur gets out of the drivers seat and takes our luggage into the boot. There's something familiar about him like I know him from somewhere. I scan around in hopes of seeing Elisa, she said something about coming to pick us up from the airport. "Where's Elisa?" I ask Aunt Bertha who looked amused.

"At your service m'lady."The chauffeur said tipping his hat and removing a mask from his face revealing a grinning Elisa in disguise.

I squealed hugging her. "Heyy you beautiful chauffeur." I teased.

She hugged back, "How  do you like my welcome gift?"

"I love it very much." I told her pinching her cheek to tick her off.

She rolled her eyes playfully, "Grow up girl."

"If you two are done can we get in the car."Aunt Bertha playfully said pinching her daughter's cheeks too. Elisa made a face and took the driver's seat and drove us away.

The car ride was filled with conversations  mostly Elisa telling her parents what she did with them away. Though I was listening to the conversation, my eyes and attention were on the streets. I had quite a glimpse of New York while driving to New Jersey.

The ride lasted for an hour and twenty five minutes and Elisa parked the car in the drive way of a very beautiful huge mansion. "Your house is beautiful."

"Thank you dear." Uncle Richard said taking our luggages from the boot. This time around a real chauffeur in his uniform came taking the luggages from him and sent them inside the house.

Elisa takes my hand in hers walking us inside the mansion. Once again I stared in awe, I know Uncle Rich is rich but didn't think this rich, the inside was beautiful with marble floor tiles, chandeliers, antique paintings and statues, white walls with  gold curtains tied with tassels.

Elisa leaves my hand for me to wander and admire but takes my hand again. "Let me show you to your room."We take the flights of stairs and after passing by three different doors, she opens a door and shoos me in.

"It's beautiful, El thank you guys so much." I hugged her. I took my time looking around, there's a vanity, a bookshelf, a large plasma tv, bedside lamps and stands and a cute fireplace.

I proceed to the bathroom and walk-in closet, they are no less beautiful. El had already bought dresses, shoes and bags and arranged them neatly in the closet for me.

I turned around to thank her, but found no one, I guess she left me to familiarize with everything.
The chauffeur had my put my luggage in the closet so I just had to unpack which I'll do later. Right now I go back to the living room being careful not to lose my way in this big ass mansion and found El sitting on a white tuxedo in the living with her legs crossed and eyes stuck on the television. "Chloe says sorry for not coming to the airport with me but will make it up to you."

I plump myself on the space beside her chuckling, "Yeah with all the to do list she's made I don't doubt that."

"She's made it her duty to be your tour guide." She told me eyes still stuck on the tv. I have no idea of what she's watching, I'm more into Indian telenovelas  but I do watch Netflix when Nessa gives me list of movies she wants to watch or has watched. "What are you watching?"

She finally gazed at me, " Orange is the new black."

"Okay I have no idea so you go on and watch, imma text  Vanessa." I take out my phone, the battery percentage is 15, it will be dead soon but I don't care. " El what's the WiFi password?"

"thanksforaskingthepassword." She told me smiling.

Lmao what a long password .

Me
Heyy babes💖
Bezz🔐❤️🥂
Hi girl😚❤️
Me
We've landed 🛬 so you can thank God 😉
Bezz🔐❤️🥂
Thank You God😩🙏🏼❤️ my baby is safe.
Bezz🔐❤️🥂
So what's up , how's the place , you chilling ?
Me
Lmao relax girl I just got here , where from the chilling ish.
Bezz🔐❤️🥂
Ik don't mind me .
Bezz🔐❤️🥂 is typing....
Me
I miss you already boo😭💔
Bezz🔐❤️🥂
I miss you sis😭😭
Me
Aww we sent the same thing 😩
Bezz🔐❤️🥂
Yass 😌 we're soul bonded
Me
Lmao😂❤️ yeah
Bezz🔐❤️🥂
So have you unpacked and settled ?
Me
Nope, I'm sitting here with El watching tv. 😮 I've not called my parents, they might be worried, lemme get back to you later Alright?
Bezz🔐❤️🥂
Okay b, take care ❤️
Me
You too❤️
Bezz🔐❤️🥂
😌❤️

I dial my mother's number forgetting I can't use my SIM card over here. "El can I please use your phone to call my parents?"

She extends it to me and I make the call." Hello mum!"

"Hey angel, how you ?" Her happy voice sounded over the phone, since it's like 8 over there I presume she's at the living room chatting leisurely out of habit with dad.

"I'm fine mum and you?"

"I'm good by God's grace, are you people home yet?" It was my dad who replied this time around.

"Hello dad, yes we're home now."

"Okay we thank God you had a safe flight."

"Yeah daddy, I know it's too soon but I miss you and mum."

"We miss you too honey, be a good girl and make us proud that's all we expect from you dear."

"Of course dad I will, let me hang up now and call you later when I buy a new SIM card here."

"Okay honey, bye we love you!"

"I love you too." I blew a kiss they won't even see and hanged up. I hand her back her phone. "Thanks sis."

"Anytime." She said rubbing her stomach, that's what she does anytime she's hungry.

I also feel hungry. "What's for lunch ?"

"There's only one way to find out, let's go ask Carmen." leaving with me to the kitchen. I guess Carmen is their cook or chef.

The kitchen is big just like the rest of the house with all the kitchen appliances you can think of, a middle aged woman's back is to us hovering around the gas cooker, cooking.

El stands beside her so she feels her presence and not panic. You might be thinking you're all  alone only for you to turn around and see someone behind you, pretty frightening. "Carmen whats for lunch?"

The woman turns to her, "pasta with vegetable beef sauce my dear" her eyes land on me, she smiles down at me, "and who's this young beauty I see?"

"My Sister, Carmen, the one I told you will be coming back with mum and dad." She replies touching her forehead like she's exhausted telling Carmen who already knows I'll be coming over.

The lady moves closer to me, enveloping me in a bone crushing hug like we're long lost best friends, "Oh yes, Anniella isn't it?"

I nod. "Yes please."

"Oh it's great to finally meet you, El has been talking non stop about you my dear" El's faces flushes." Lunch will be ready in two minutes sweeties, make yourselves comfortable at the dining table."

El who had been sitting at the island got up leaving to the dining hall like Carmen told us to. I follow her still admiring the place, Aunt Bertha sure has good taste. This mansion looks a lot like the one back home but more expensive and sophisticated.

My aunt and uncle enter the hall and take their seats. They had changed from their outfit into something warmer.Carmen sets the table with mine and El's help and sits down to have lunch too. That's how humane my aunt and uncle are.

Carmen dishes all our plates smiling, "is it okay my dear?" She asked me.

"Yeah, thank you." I replied politely, I don't wanna come off as impolite or something, first impressions count a lot!

She only smiled at me. Aunt Bertha said the grace and we all dig in. The taste was a little bland at first.I'm not saying white food is bland but it's not as spicy as Ghanaian foods.
The taste got better after, I'm sure it's because this is my first time eating it.

Lunch ends sooner than I expected. I sent my plate to the sink to wash but Carmen insisted of doing it, we argued and in the end she won.

Aunt and Uncle left in their Audi to town to visit friends so it was just me and El sitting at the living room watching a re run of KUWTK that she had recorded. I used to watch this back in high school, admiring Kourtney among the three sisters excluding Kylie and Kendall so right now I had no idea what was going on, I've lost track.

I stir when a hand gently taps me waking me up. I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep. "Ann it's 8, why don't you go to bed, we have a full exhausting day tomorrow." El told me. She was in a pajamas, phone in hand, turning the television off.

"Okay I'm gonna head to my room, goodnight sis." I told her pecking her cheeks, she smelt of lavender with mint unlike her previous cherry scent.

"Sweet dreams sis." She also pecked my cheeks  and headed up the stairs with me, "I'm just a door away call me if you need anything, Goodnight."

I open my door, "Sure."  I was too sleepy to unpack like I planned before. I just head to the bathroom, put on the water heater and run a hot bath, but not too hot to burn my skin.

I get out of the bath, drying myself and go into the closet, picking a thick Christmas tree pajamas that I saw on a hanger and wore it.

I took my phone out to scroll through the gram like I always do but found it dead. I should have charged it before lunch . I toss it aside on the bed not caring to charge it and get under the duvet. I couldn't sleep initially because it wasn't long I woke up so I took my iPod from my side bag . Letting the music on my playlist lure me to sleep.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chilly air brushed against my exposed legs, I groan trying to cover my body with the duvet only not to find it . "Damn you stupid duvet" I murmur to myself, I heard chuckling at the foot of the bed.

Standing there is a slender 5'6 white girl with blunt platinum bob in a black high waist jeggings and a fur long sleeevd top, I can't see her legs because I'm on bed. I narrow my eyes at her, she looks familiar, wait is that, "Chloe?"

She puts the duvet back on the bed, holds my hands and pulls me out of bed into a hug. "The one and only Chloe Simpson, welcome to New Jersey baby girl!" She practically yelled, causing me to be wide awake.

"Thank you Chloe, but stop with the yelling it's too early." I tell her laughing.

"Don't mind me I'm super excited you're here!" She tells me looking behind her as El appears fully dressed in jeans and a baggy tee with boots like Chloe.

"Good morning sis, how was your sleep?" She asked making herself comfortable on my bed.

"Good morning too, it was fine, I slept like a baby." I replied, "where are you two going fully dressed ?"

Chloe rolled her eyes but smiled nothing less, "Show you around." She said in a duh tone, twirling a strand of her hair in between her fingers.

"Remember I told you yesterday we have a full exhausting day today?"El reminds me. I haven't forgotten, I just wasn't expecting it to be this early, speaking of early, I look for my phone that I woke up at dawn to charge.

"It's only 7 in the morning." I whine looking at the time on my watch. I just want to crawl back to bed and sleep.

"The earlier, the better baby girl." Chloe says to me walking into my closet. "Cute closet Ann!"

"Thanks to El." I grin at her gratefully and about that I forgot to thank her yesterday. "Thank you so much El for the closet and everything" I hug her. I've become more of a hug person after my mum told me everyone is going through a phase that can get them down any moment be kind and give a hug.

She brushes it off , "That's what families are for right? besides that's what you also do for me when we visit, it's no problem." She raises her head as if sniffing the air, "I smell rotten meat around."

I don't catch on to it, I laugh and playfully hit her hand when realization hits me, "I'm going to bath idiot."

"It's about time." She releases a fake breath laughing. I get off the bed going into the bathroom, brushing my teeth and doing my usual morning duty.

I return to the room and spot Chloe with jeans and a biker jacket in hand waving them in my face. "Ta da, your outfit for today." Oh so this was why she went into the closet, I shake my head laughing. "Thank you stylist." I say in a mocking voice.

I put on a bra and pant, applied lotion and wore the jeans which fit perfectly fine and the jacket. "No shoes?"

"Relax, it's here." She comes back with a black lita. El just sat there watching us amused, "You looking perfect."

"Thanks El." I smile and take a micro bag from her. "And thank you Chloe for styling me, you two are the best!"

"Don't mention, if we're done here let's go! fun awaits us." Chloe says throwing her arm around her best friend and took my hand, trudging down the stairs into a black Porsche which I came to find out belongs to Chloe. Rich huh ? But she's so down to earth, El's always talking about her in admiration, she's the kind of rich kid who don't go flaunting their wealth in people's faces or being snobby. I like her, like her personality.

El and Chloe both look at my face and yell. " Let the fun begin!" in unison laughing, giving a high five to each other.

I shake my head laughing at their childishness, with this their mood, today is gonna be hella fun.

************************************

"Thank you Chloe and El!" I get out of the car,"I had the best day."

"Don't even say that yet, tomorrow's gonna be more lit trust me on that." Chloe gives us both a hug before getting back into the car driving off leaving El and I in the drive way.

"You can stop smiling huh?" El nudges me, amusement on her face, "You've had that smile on your face since forever."

"I really enjoyed today,especially at Times Square, never seen a broadway that huge before."

"You also had that smile on your face at Fascino." She opens the door into the living room..The smell of cookies hitting our noses instantly. My mouth water, chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream are my favorites.

"Yeah, who wouldn't smile eating a very delicious lasagna for the first time ?" It was my first time eating lasagna and I liked it, I've not tried lasagnas of other places too so I can't really be sure but I still stick to it, the lasagna was delicious.
I find my way into the kitchen and take a cookie biting into it. "Ouch" I fan my tongue, the cookie was hot, burning my tongue. Stupid cookie.

Carmen turns to look at me with concern "my dear are you okay?" before chuckling, "that's what you get for stealing a cookie.

I chuckle too. El comes into the kitchen and takes a cookie. "Be careful, that cookie burnt my tongue."

"Nothing I can't handle" and bit into it, eating "see?"

"Yeah yeah big girl I see."

"How was your day girls?"

El opened her mouth to speak but I beat her to it, "If there's another world for best, then that's how our day was right sis?"

She took another cookie. "You know right, that's why you're all smiles." She teased. I only smile more, giving her a more reason to tease me.

"New York is a beautiful place my dear, you'll enjoy staying here"," why don't you girls go take your bath and come for dinner."

"I'm not really hungry so I'll just have cookies with vanilla ice cream." I tell Carmen.

She turns to El, " Do you also want cookies too?"

"Hell yes!, who doesn't like cookies ?" She tried taking another cookie but gets a smack on her hand.

Carmen tried to give her a stern face but only ends up smiling. "Go take your bath, I'm sure you need one and come down in time, first person to come gets extra three cookies."

El immediately sprint towards the stairs. I chuckle, I do love cookie but El clearly loves it more. I ran up the stairs too but not swiftly like El, I can't come and break my legs because of cookies.

We're currently in the living room, legs sprawled lazily in front of us, munching on delicious cookies and scooping ice cream into our mouth as we watch Descendants.

Uncle Rich and Aunt Bertha are also here watching it with us with Uncle Rich occasionally telling us what's gonna happen next. I don't really mind, El just rolls her eyes. She hates when people do that, her father was no exception.

We are looking like a big happy family and I see Aunt Bertha's eyes twinkling when she looks at us. I know this had always been her dream, having three children to pamper and spend most of her time with them if she's not at work, so it is uncle Rich's but its like the women who get married into our family have trouble conceiving and after giving birth to their first child, they take a longer time bearing a second that's what my dad and uncle talk about one time.

Both my mum and Aunt Bertha have had failed pregnancies these past years so I get it when they love both El and I to the brim and do not want any bad thing happening to us.

I take out my phone to text Nessa, I hadn't texted her the whole day we went out. I don't want to give her the impression, I no longer care about her or something.

The time over here is 9:15pm, we're 5 hours behind Ghana's time so it's 4:15 am over there.
I sigh and type a message, pressing the send button, she'll wake up to my message.

"We're going to bed sweeties, goodnight." I look up to see my guardians now, up on their feet about to proceed to their room.

"Goodnight to you two." Aunt Bertha kisses our cheeks.

"Goodnight mum and dad."

I yawn, "El I'm also going to bed."

"Okay goodnight love." She looks up from her phone, her face flushed . I wonder who she's texting that got her face looking like that l.

As if reading my mind, "I'm texting with Darrel."

"No wonder your face is like that." Darrel is her crush of three years now, they like each other, I just don't know what's stopping them from getting labelled. People in love are so weird, no wonder I'm just me. "Enjoy lovebirds but don't go overboard." I send her a wink leaving her chuckling and grinning like a kid in a candy store . Love, love, love. I sigh, I hope to get someone who's simplest actions can release butterflies in my stomach and obviously loves God. Who'll worship God with me in His house and teach our children about Him.

Please vote, like, share and comment😘. It's not by force though but I'll appreciate ❤️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 32.8K 33
C O M P L E T E D ☼ Book 2 ☼ - catch·ing feel·ings beginning to like someone romantically, but usually unexpectedly - Remember your favori...
45.3K 1.9K 17
[𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃] 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑. ━ ❝Satoria King never expected to see her ex-boyfriend after five years of their break-up, and she refuses to a...
835K 34K 32
I lived next to a Mafia Boss. No no wait. Let me explain. He was my neighbor. My cute and charming neighbor with an equally charming accent. So how...
7.4K 450 6
"Marley!" He jerked off of his seat, "I forbid you from uttering that name henceforth. I can't believe this!" he grabbed his hair tightly. "Mar-" "D...