Just Another Liar

By mmiddle5

They assigned Milo to do one job. One job, doing the things he wants most in life. Little did he know that th... More

Chapter 2: Milo
Chapter 3: Milo
Chapter 4: Aurelio
Chapter 5: Aurelio
Chapter 6: Aurelio
Chapter 7: Milo
Chapter 8: Milo
Chapter 9: Aurelio
Chapter 10: Aurelio
Chapter 11: Deandre
Chapter 12: Deandre
Chapter 13: Milo
Chapter 14: Milo
Chapter 15: Aurelio
Chapter 16: Aurelio
Chapter 17: Milo
Chapter 18: Milo
Chapter 19: Deandre
Chapter 20: Aurelio
Chapter 21: Milo

Chapter 1: Milo

4.7K 137 24
By mmiddle5

Neon red.

Violent and imposing, the hue washed out everything  around me. It was so vibrant, making it difficult for me to see the star-filled sky. 

The small town of San Angelo, Texas, did not have much to offer. It only contained three things of note; a small college, a military base, and a river. One of the few benefits of the town was its night sky dotted with thousands of stars.

The country bar's sign was the only source of brightness in the surrounding area. The bar, unimaginatively named Bar, stood in the middle of nowhere. It needed a new roof and would have benefited from a new coat of paint. The humidity from an earlier rain caused the hot air to feel suffocating. Heat was my mortal enemy. Not yet being acclimated, I felt like my vitality was being sapped away. Cool air wafted from the cracked door, a welcomed invitation to my bare skin.

Wet sand coated the shell of my new brown work boots as I entered the establishment. The scent of men fresh from a day of construction left a cloud of musk in the already dank air. Wistful country music played in the background, not being noticed by most who were several drinks into the night. The floor was sticky, so I assumed it had gone without being cleaned in several weeks. Peanut shells covered the perimeter of the dining area. Someone had swept them out of the way but did not bother to pick them up. The patrons looked at me for a few seconds, then ignored my presence. I was not more interesting than the liquid in their cups and the food on their plates. Newcomers were normal even though I doubted most people with my skin tone ventured near the cotton fields.

There were sixteen patrons inside, half at the bar, and the others were in booths or engaged in the game playing on the degraded television screen. My walk slow, and eyes scanning I found a seat near the corner of the bar. The mixologist who I was sure would never call himself that nodded at me and received one in return.

I did not belong in the room. Almost everyone here was rugged, older, and tanned from long days in the sweltering summer heat. I looked like a poor imitation in my new purchases of flannel, jeans, and work boots that had fresh soles. All the other boots looked well worn or in need of replacement.

Sitting patiently, I observed everyone around me. For five minutes I examined a woman breathing in and out. Grazing my hand over the rough denim making up my jeans, I looked at the man sitting at a far corner of the bar with several glasses stacked in a pyramid next to him. I stood up and inspected him deeply.

He had short dark curls weighed down by oil and perspiration. His beard desperately needed grooming, and brows could use a plucking session. Despite the filth, he was a handsome guy with a wide nose and full berry toned lips. His ears, which were just under being a few centimeters too big for his head, tinged red along with the rest of his face from his alcohol consumption. Sweat over his tawny beige skin made him glisten like a polished statue under the dull lighting.

As I stepped closer, I noticed a dried russet substance around the cuticle of his fingers. I knew it to be blood from experience. The man brought the bloody hand holding a shot glass of clear liquor to his chapped lips. I watched the muscles in his right arm tense and contract as his veins pulsed. The liquid moistened his lips for a moment before they dried out again. He would drink himself into alcohol poisoning if he continued. Even for a man as sturdy as him, twelve shots was a lot. He was running from something, and I desired to know what that something was.

As I walked up, the man noticed my presence. I could smell him from a few feet away. An odor of alcohol, stale breath, and dirt. It wasn't pleasant, but I had to speak to him, so I breathed out of my mouth.

Unlike me, the drunk wore a shirt and sweat shorts that sat low on his hips revealing his designer underwear label. I ventured closer, taking in more details. His arms tattooed with indigenous South American patterns stood out against his skin. The other arm did not have pictures to cover the scars. He had the arms of a fighter, someone who had won and lost.

The man noticed my presence as I got closer. He smiled, displaying his pearly white teeth, which was surprising considering how much he was drinking and the smell wafting off of him. I returned the smile before a play at bashfulness. I looked down at my boots for a moment before I took the stool next to the drunk.

"I haven't seen you around here, you one of those soldiers?" His speech slurred so his flirtation fell flat. I had short faded hair and a shaven face, so I could understand how the drunk came to that conclusion.

"No, I'm just passing through and wanted to find a bar without college students or too many people." I kept my voice soft and maintained eye contact. The man smiled as he palmed my thigh, causing me to jump. I wasn't sure if he was as forward when he was sober, but went with the assumption he was.

"I like this bar. The people are quiet, and Dave doesn't stop me from drinking as much as I want. Sometimes a man just needs a few good drinks." He rubbed my thighs, and I leaned into it.

"You're cute, how about I get you a drink," he asked. The drunk raised a hand, and the bartender walked over, placing a shot of 96-proof vodka in front of us. I downed my shot and exhaled as the liquid burned my esophagus. The man downed his before turning back to me as I squirmed under his touch.

"What's your name?" He placed his left hand over his mouth while he tried to fight past a yawn. His words came out muffled but understandable.

"Milo. My name's Milo," I answered. My pressure raised as my name left my lips. It was a slip. A rookie slip, but I knew better than to dwell on it.

"I like the name Milo. I'm Aurelio. I think we should get out of here." Aurelio squeezed my thigh before he stood from his seat, waiting for me to stand. I stood and followed the man out of the bar. Aurelio was around six feet, only three inches taller than me but his wide body eclipsed mine. I could see how a man of his build could survive, from what I could glean from his scars, many fights.

Before I left the threshold, I turned to the darkest corner of the bar where a woman was sitting; she was watching intently. She was a brunette with her curly hair cascading over her shoulder. She wore a denim shirt and matching jeans. A glass full of water sat in front of her as she watched us. I made no obvious sign of acknowledgement, but the woman nodded and before pulling her phone out.

I turned back and smiled at Aurelio, who was kicking sand. I looked around for my company vehicle. I parked it away from other cars in the far back, the opposite direction from where we had driven to.

"Did you drive here?" I asked. Concern built at the thought he would try driving under the influence I wanted to do what I could to keep him and anyone around from getting hurt.

"Yeah the Honda," Aurelio pointed to a charcoal sedan.

"How about I drive it to your place? You will have a hangover in the morning and I can always come back here to get mine," I said. He did not hesitate as he threw his keys at me which I caught using my quick reflexes.

"Cool," I said. The keys were warm against my palm as I played with them. We walked to get inside the vehicle and hit the button to start the engine. Aurelio leaned against the door when he finally sat down. I had not grown used to the smell coming off him, so I rolled down the windows before beginning to drive.

"I don't know where I'm going," I said. Aurelio shifted from the door and touched the screen on the dashboard, hitting a map icon. He pressed the screen a few more times before an electronic voice stirred in the cab, directing me to our destination. He grumbled with every turn I made. Without a constant stream of booze, he had felt the effects of the alcohol in his blood.

I noticed that we had left the city limits after twenty minutes. We were going down a long road with no light other than the headlights. The humid air spilling in from outside was almost too much to bare. Closing the window was still not an option, so I did what I could to tolerate it. The navigation system told me to make a right turn, I complied bringing me to a road blocked by iron gates, anchored by a stone fence. There was a keypad that required five numbers, and I feared Aurelio was too drunk to notice.

"Press 3-4-9-9-1," Aurelio said without looking my way. I pressed the numbers, and the gate pulled apart, allowing me to drive the car down a long winding road uphill. My heart quickened as I realized I was in the middle of nowhere. I kept driving while Aurelio became more lively and continued driving until I noticed lights in the background.

This place is bigger than the records showed.

The ranch style home was what I assumed all Texan homes looked like before I stepped foot in the state. The white brick took in the warm lights shining from the lawn. The large home was one story with many large windows. The surrounding grass manicured to perfection, maintaining a lush green despite us being further into the desert than we had been in town. On the circular driveway sat three luxury cars that almost sparkled, looking barely used.

Aurelio patted my thigh again before he spoke. "Just park next to the door."

I parked where he told me to and then cut the engine off. Aurelio got out immediately and I followed behind him as he walked up to the door and unlocked it before stepping in. I made my way inside the home that had all the lights on and took in the rustic design. It smelled sweet and smoky inside, as if there was a barbecue. A welcomed change from what I had been smelling. Bending, I removed my boots and sat them next to the door. It would have been rude to track the sand through his home.

"You don't talk too much." I looked at him while he watched me. I had been so busy observing I had neglected to have a conversation with Aurelio.

"Sorry, your home is so nice I couldn't help staring at all your stuff."

 He smiled at the compliment before he grabbed my hand and led me through his house into his bedroom. The ceilings were high and bolted, an antler chandelier hanging from the room provided enough light to see the mostly tan and brown decor. A large brown fur rug covered most of the floor.

"Get comfortable, I need to take a shower," he said. I bit my tongue from agreeing aloud and watched as he walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Soon after, I could hear water.

"I need to do this quick."

I went to his nightstand and looked over at the closed door, specifically the crack left between the bathroom door and the floor. I did not see a shadow, so I opened the drawer and found marijuana paraphernalia inside. I closed it, knowing that the drawer would get searched too often to house my device.

The door to the room was still open, so I quickly left, looking as I entered the hallway for cameras. There had to be some around, so I slowed my movements and walked casually. The home was inviting, neat, but lived in. Making my way into the kitchen, I opened cabinets until I found a glass next to the unit by the refrigerator. I filled the glass with water from the sink and looked around for the cameras once more.

Not seeing any I dug into my pocket and pulled out a small black box and walked to a large plant, a Philodendron. Something I had learned on TV randomly. Being as smooth as possible, I flipped a switch on the side of the box and pushed it into the soil. Not missing a step, I walked back into the bedroom, sitting the glass on the nightstand. I then made myself comfortable on the bed.

Under my foot was a hump I noted as a probable gun. Tapping the headboard, I listened to the hollow sound behind it and knew there was a gun there too. In the far corner of the room was a fireplace made from exposed brick with a mantle of wood. I added it to the list where I thought he had hidden weapons. The shower stopped, and I steeled myself for the Aurelio's return.

I did not have to wait long before he stepped out wearing a towel loose around his waist. Steam rolled into the room, introducing the aroma of bergamot and citrus. His curls rejuvenated and his skin had a glow. My eyes trailed down his well-defined chest that glistened. His torso was hairy, and the hair trailed down to his crotch, the base of his manhood visible because of his slack towel.

"Why do you still have your clothes on?" His words still slurred, but the shower helped. "I did not want to assume anything," I replied. He walked over, his eyes turning to the nightstand where the glass was sitting.

"Sorry my mouth was dry, didn't mean to go around your house without asking." I kept my tone apologetic. He smiled as he climbed onto the bed. A yawn escaped his mouth as he got on top of me. His face close to mine. The mint on his breath clarifying. I smirked at him, and he chuckled before he placed his lips over mine.

His lips were soft. He pulled away after a moment, then looked down at me. "You good?" I nodded. He kissed me again, his lips on mine for longer than they had been the first time while his body relaxed against me. I spread my legs and felt him settle between and moaned as he ground himself into me. He was gentle as he trailed kisses to my neck. My head involuntarily tilted and my eyes sealed shut.

"Get it together." My mind raced. He was only pecking at me but those small kisses were tender and passionate. I had expected him to ravish me, but he took his time. His hands expertly unbuttoned my flannel, and he pulled it off my body. With every move, he kissed a new part of my body. His lips found my nipples that made me arch from the bed. His weight restraining me only added to the pleasure. Aurelio trailed further down until his head rested on my stomach.

"You smell good," he said. Aurelio drew the three words on my stomach with his middle finger. His speech was slow and drawn out. He was not moving much only his thumb circling my navel. I reached down and played in his hair. Soon he stopped circling, and soft snores vibrated my abdomen.

The pills worked

 The softest pillow I had ever encountered cradled my head. I tried to find comfort as Aurelio slept on top of me not allowing me to make a departure. I knew that even if I managed to get from under him it would have been nearly impossible to get a ride from the ranch. I would have to wait until the morning to proceed with the operation. I would have to practice patience before I got myself killed.

Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity. I closed my eyes with those words floating around in my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.8K 7.2K 33
"When I first saw you, I thought I'd have to kill you." "Uh, excuse me?" "But now I'll kill anyone that even thinks of laying a finger on you," he s...
309K 12.1K 33
" Let's keep this on the down-low. Nobody has to know. " He cooed in my ear, pushing up on me like a dog in heat. " I'm quick to cut a nigga off, so...
2.3M 69.6K 30
Ian Becker, an innocent teenage boy, ends up in an all boys mental hospital after a life-ruining misunderstanding. He isn't like the rest of the boys...
643K 44.9K 71
A homeless thief breaks into a house that has nothing worth stealing - except for the heart of a lonely man who is obsessed with time. ...