WHISPERS โ€ข A PERCICO AU

By deniiial

โ๐‡๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ. ๐˜๐ž๐ญ ๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ.โž โˆž "T-the best and most b-beautiful things in this... More

A/N
โ€ข Prologue โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 1 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 2 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 3 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 4 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 5 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 6 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 8 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 9 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 10 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 11 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 12 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 13 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 14 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 15 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 16 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 17 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 18 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 19 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 20 โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter 21 โ€ข
โ€ข Epilogue โ€ข
A/N

โ€ข Chapter 7 โ€ข

1.5K 41 49
By deniiial

It was Sunday.

The storm had rent many trees, the lightning had illuminated the night sky every brief second, and Percy was unable to fall asleep. Droplets of heavy rain had pounded on his glass window during the darkest hour, and the sound of the clouds' teardrops hitting the asphalt absolutely destroyed his ability to sleep. The strident cacophony made it impossible to fall into a deep slumber.

Percy woke up with his hair sticking up in every direction, his eyes underlined with half-moons of dark skin and his lips bleak of colour. The only good thing that he could think about was that the rain had came to a halt during the early morning, and the newborn sunshine flooded the streets with its light and warmth.

Sitting upright in his bed, Percy reverently rubbed his fingers along the quilt mattress. He pressed his elbows to the cool, cotton pillows, relishing how comfortable it felt. The comforter was thick and irresistibly soft, like a billowing cloud. Coming to his senses, Percy didn't want to get out of his bed, despite the way his stomach rumbled hungrily and his dried mouth begged for water.

With swift movements, Percy propped himself up on his weary feet and carried himself downstairs, rubbing his nimble fingers against his tired eyes.

Entering the kitchen, he noticed the paper note sitting on the table, pleading to be read. Percy picked it up between his thumb and index finger and brought it closer to his face. He read the words carefully and let the message sink in. His mother's beautiful cursive inked through the thin paper.

Make yourself some breakfast, there's milk and cereal for you.

I'm at the park with Estelle, and your father is at work. We're probably coming back for lunch!

You should do something, with this delightful weather!

XX,

Mom

A small smile tugged at Percy's mouth as his lips curled into a beam.

Preparing his sugar-packed breakfast, he slipped his phone out of his pocket smoothly and held it in his left hand as he dug in his cereal. The first thought that generated in his mind was a certain brown-eyed boy he hadn't seen for what seemed like months.

He hadn't been able to meet up with him the day before due to the rain and how busy he was with homework. But now that he was done with his schoolwork, he could spend the day any way he wanted. More specifically, he hoped, with Nico di Angelo.

*   *   *

There was a soft rapping at the door, and Percy opened it wide, revealing Sally Jackson and Estelle Blofis. His sister was bouncing in her mother's arms and both of them were grinning from ear to ear.

"Hey, Mom!" Percy greeted, before holding out his index finger to his younger sister to play with. 

Sally's warm kaleidoscope eyes pooled into his, and he smiled in return. "Could you babysit your sister for today? Your father and I have a night out with our college friends. Estelle already ate, by the way. We stopped by a brunch restaurant." she asked, despite Percy knowing it was more of an order.

"Don't get drunk, that's all I'm asking for." he replied, his voice oozing with mirth. That pulled a laugh out of his mother. The crystal clear sound resonated across the walls. She winked and kissed him on the cheek. "I'll be out, then."

Closing the door behind her, Percy heard his mother's footsteps echoing away. He gathered Estelle in his arms and tried his best not to make her burst into tears. "Are you tired?" he asked, cradling her round head in his hands.

In response, she blinked the sleepiness out of her eyes as drool leaked out of her parted lips. Percy refrained thinking about their sibling resemblance. Soon enough, her eyes were shut tight and her soft snores bounced off the grey walls.

Carrying her upstairs, Percy placed in her bed and draped the quilt blanket over her. Estelle snuggled into her bedsheets, hugging her teddy bear. "Sleep tight." Percy whispered, before shutting off the lights, embracing his sister in darkness and warmth.

Shutting the door behind him, Percy leaned against the wall and grabbed out his phone, fumbling with his messages. He was free today— why not spend his time with Nico?

*   *   *

"H-hey..." he breathed out, desperately searching for words. Percy felt his skin growing hot beneath his composure.

Nico di Angelo stood at the doorframe, an angelic smile resting upon his delicate face. Hello, he signed, moving aside to let the him in.

Trying to regain his composure, Percy stepped into the imposing house as he studied the teenager's face delicately, his face smoothing out into an easygoing expression.

The brown-eyed boy averted his gaze. A dark-haired girl stepped next to him, her gleaming black eyes piercing through Percy's aura of defence. Her freckled olive face showed intense determination, the same he could see in Nico's expression. "Bianca di Angelo." she said, her voice tight.

Pushing back his fears, Percy extended a hand. "Percy Jackson."

Bianca smiled. Reaching out a hand as well, she shook his. The unlikely warmth of her palm made Percy shiver.

The sound of someone coughing into their hand made Percy spin towards them. Nico still was avoiding Percy's gaze, his cheeks slightly dusted with a red tint. I have to go to the restroom, he signed, finally meeting the green-eyed boy's eyes. He was shuffling on his feet, his fingers fidgeting, trying to find the right gestures.

Percy found it peculiar that after living using sign language, Nico still found it difficult using gestures to communicate. His gaze never left him as he ran to the where he was supposed to be.

"I'm sorry about him. He isn't usually like this." a feminine voice chirped up. Breaking from his daze, Percy turned his eyes to Bianca di Angelo. He had forgotten she was standing there.

Percy rubbed the back of his neck self-consciously. "I— it's fine... I-I mean, I'm used to it." he stammered, fumbling for the right words. He didn't want to be decapitated by Nico's overprotective sister.

From the corner of his eyesight, Percy noticed a smirk forming on Bianca's thin lips. The gleam in her eyes was so unnerving, he took a step back.

"You know, he wasn't born like that." she continued. Percy turned his gaze to her, confusion written all over his face. "I mean, he wasn't born mute. If you didn't know... our mother died when we were young." Bianca corrected herself.

Eyes growing wide, Percy became troubled. "W-what...?" he spluttered, his hoarse voice barely more than a whisper. He could have never thought the things Nico and Bianca had fought through. What other secrets has Nico kept from me?

Bianca sighed, as she was used to this kind of reaction. "I lived through it. It's been years. Nico still hasn't got over it. After the accident... he kind of shut down. He has never talked after that." she exhaled shakily, her voice trembling with regret. "I still remember his voice."

Percy found it difficult to breathe, and it wasn't because of how stuffy the inside of the house was. The tall ceilings didn't have to do anything with it. The mere thought of losing his mother made him dizzy, so queasy Percy had to lean onto one of the black marble walls. How could have Nico seemed so happy yet brooding, living with the burden?

Shuddering, Percy finally built up the courage to face Bianca. "You are so strong." he murmured, his words barely audible over the loud thumping of his heart.

The corners of her mouth crinkled into a forced smile.

All of a sudden, the sound of shuffled footsteps were heard. Nico marched towards them and waved a hand towards Percy, shooting a half-hearted glare to his sister. Don't follow us, he gestured to her, though his eyes gleaming with compassion. That made Percy smile sadly.

He cast a glance to Bianca before following Nico upstairs, the sound of his heart hammering against his ribcage dimming under his skin.

∆   ∆   ∆

uhhh hey!!!

thank u for reading and uhh have a g'day

-drakonator

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.4K 2.8K 42
Sherlock Holmes, the tall dark haired boy with the pale skin, starts hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, not having a friend in his life unti...
Reveal By jaminha

Fanfiction

153K 2.5K 18
Aphrodite has cursed Camp Half Blood to where everyone is their opposite personality. Only Percy and Nico kept their original personality. It's up to...
40K 663 15
(THIS STORY IS MY OWN TAKE UPON THE FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S: SECURITY BREACH STORY!) - A young homeless boy named Gregory is trapped overnight in Fre...
22.9K 572 36
Nico's 3 days in the infirmary left him with feelings for Will he didn't know he had. What happens when they are both sent to a school for magic? wil...