The Unconventional Detective

By melisabigler

(Completed) Tracy is a detective, working for the world's worst police chief. Imagine her delight when her u... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter16
Chapter 17

Chapter 18

223 12 5
By melisabigler

Tracy didn't wake up until she felt nice warm lips on hers. She opened her eyes to stare into dark brown ones. Craig was lying by her side. He was dressed and shaved. He smelled good.

"Good morning my love," he told her, kissing her nose.

"Good morning," she said sleepily and cuddled closer to him.

He laughed and pushed her away. "Come on, you need to get up and get showered and dressed, we have a flight, remember?"

"I know, but I like being right here with you," she said.

He grinned. "I do too, and when we are married we can spend many mornings like this, I promise, but for now, we need to get moving."

"Fine," she grumbled, but kissed him and got out of bed.

He watched her progress to the bathroom. She was one sexy lady. Even in the morning.

When she got out, he had breakfast waiting for them, and Grey had joined them.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Grey asked her as she walked out into the main room.

"Sore," she said, as she sat down at the table.

Craig handed her a plate heaped with food.

"I am sure you will be for a few days," Grey nodded. "I talked to the chief a few minutes ago," he then told her.

She looked up at him. "And?"

"They are taking your uncle out of protective custody."

"That is good."

"And, I told him the story. He had already heard it from Craig's boss," he said, looking at Craig.

"He wants us home as soon as we are done, he says that you are too good to be on his team, and he recommended that you go work with the FBI," he said.

"He said that?" Tracy looked at him in surprise.

"No," Grey laughed, "I told him that. I know that you and Craig can't be separated, and so I asked the chief."

"You didn't," she said, getting upset.

"Tracy, don't you want to work with Craig?" Grey asked, seeing her face.

"Yes, but I wanted to talk to the chief about that, not you," she pouted.

"I am sorry. And besides, I wasn't the only one who suggested it," he said, looking at Craig.

She turned to him. "You asked too?"

"Yes, love. I talked to your chief also, and my chief talked to him also. We all want you working for the FBI."

"I hate desk jobs," she muttered.

Craig laughed. "This will definitely not be a desk job. My boss wants us to be on the special task force team. He wants us to lead it, actually," he stated.

She looked up at him. "Really?"

"Yes, really," he grinned. "He wants me to call him later with an answer."

"You want me to work with you?"

"I would love to have you work with me, besides, someone needs to keep an eye on you," he teased. "You are always causing so much trouble."

She glared at him, and he smiled to show he was teasing. He pulled her to him and kissed her.

"Now hurry, we have a plane to catch," he told her.

"Fine," she sighed and ate her breakfast.

As soon as they were done, Tracy grabbed her suitcase and they headed outside where a taxi was hailed for them and they were taken to the airport.

The plane was waiting for them when they pulled up. But when they stepped out, the FBI Chief and the Tacoma Police Chief were there standing by the plane. They both grinned at the three when they approached.

The two men stepped forward and shook their hands, then the FBI Chief handed the briefcase to Tracy. "Guard this with your life young lady," he told her.

"I will sir, besides if it is stolen, it won't work," she admitted.

"What do you mean?"

"I took out the chip," she admitted.

"I take it you have the chip in a safe place?" he asked her.

"Yes sir," she promised.

"Smart girl. Good luck, the three of you."

He then looked at Craig. "Lieutenant, as soon as you two get back from this, call me, I will send you two on your next assignment."

"Yes sir," he nodded.

He smiled at Tracy. "Welcome to my team, Lieutenant," he told her.

"How did you know I would accept?" she asked.

He grinned. "Let's see, you would be working with your husband, you would have danger, and intrigue, need I say more?" he asked.

"No sir," she grinned.

"That is what I thought," he nodded. "See you two in a few days."

He then turned to Grey, "And you Lieutenant," he said, shaking his hand.

"Lieutenant, sir?" Grey asked.

"Someone needs to take Davis's place," he told him. "You have done a fine job. I told your chief, he agreed."

"But sir, I was only backup."

"Backup is who saves the front," the chief reminded him. "You did perfectly."

"But sir," he protested.

Tracy turned to him. "Grey, you do deserve it. You are a good cop, and I would recommend you if the chief here hadn't."

"Thanks, Tracy, that means a lot, coming from you."

Tracy then looked at the Tacoma Chief. "Sorry about your car sir."

"It's all right, Lieutenant, we have insurance. It wasn't your fault anyway. This FBI Chief explained everything," he told her. He then shook her hand. "It was an honor meeting you, Davis. Take care of yourself and if you need my services again, just let me know."

"Yes sir," she told him.

"You three had better leave," the FBI Chief stated looking at them. "You are expected in D.C. by noon."

"Yes sir," Craig nodded. "We will be met at the airport?"

"Yes, and take a few days off you two, explore the sights. I don't want to hear from you for at least three days," he told them, grinning. He looked at Grey, "but you need to report back to work as soon as that is delivered."

"Yes sir," he nodded.

Once again they all shook hands and then the three got onto the plane. The Chiefs didn't leave until the plane was in the air.

On the plane, Tracy sat by Craig. He pulled her to him, and just enjoyed each other while Grey sat, looking out the window.

"Are you okay Grey?" Tracy asked him later.

He turned and smiled at her. "Yes, I am just wondering why I am a Lieutenant, I am not that good," he sighed.

"Yes, you are," Tracy protested. "You helped me when my uncle was kidnapped, you got him into protective custody, you helped me with Wang, and you have been there to protect me, so yes, you do deserve it."

"You did all the work Tracy," he told her. "Admit it, I didn't do a thing."

"Yes you did," she protested. "You are the best Grey."

He shook his head. "You will give me a fat head Tracy," he told her.

"You deserve it. If Craig and I weren't getting married I would have insisted that you stay my partner and be promoted."

He looked at her. "You would?"

"Of course I would have."

"And would you have given me the time of day, if Craig hadn't proposed?" he asked, looking between the two. Grey saw her wince.

"Don't worry, I have my answer," he said, and then smiled softly at her. "You two are a great couple, just make sure you take care of each other, okay? And try not to get killed," he told them.

"We will try our best to stay safe," Tracy promised him.

"That's all I ask, that and you come and see me once in a while."

"Of course Grey," she promised.

He smiled and turned back to the window.

The stewardess appeared with lunch then, and they ate in silence.

A while later when the plane descended, Craig said, "Well, I'll be."

"What," Tracy asked, looking out the window behind the couch that she and Craig were on.

She shook her head. Next to the hangar where they were pulling in to, were several SUVs and a limo.

"Wow, someone important must be here to get this thing," Tracy said, patting the case.

"Speaking of which," Craig smiled at her. "Where is the chip?"

"Oh yeah," she grinned. "You two men will have to close your eyes," she said.

"Close our eyes?" Craig grinned devilishly.

"Yes, I don't want you to see where I hid it," she responded.

"And why not?" he grinned, pulling her close to him.

"Because we aren't married yet," she said.

He laughed and closed his eyes. When the men had their eyes shut, she reached down her shirt and pulled out the chip.

"Okay, you can open them," she said, and opening the case, she put the chip back in place. It beeped at her.

"What was that?" Craig asked.

"It was just signifying that it is ready to go," she said.

The plane taxied in then and came to a stop. Stairs were pushed to the door, and then the door was opened.

As the three of them descended, the stairs were suddenly surrounded by men in dark suits.

As they reached the bottom of the stairs, the men parted, and Tracy gasped as the President himself stepped forward. He grinned as he saw Tracy. "Detective Davis, every time I see you, you have a different hair color."

"Yes sir, I do," she admitted.

He stepped to her and shook her empty hand. "How are you?"

"I am well Mr. President," she smiled at him. "I would like to introduce you to my fiancé Lieutenant Agent Craig Tennyson," she said.

"Good luck with her," the President grinned, shaking Craig's hand.

"Thank you, sir, I will need it," he chuckled.

Tracy shook her head and then pointed to Grey. "And this was my partner, Lieutenant Grey Stevenson."

"Good man," the President said, shaking Grey's hand.

"Thank you, sir," he smiled.

He then turned back to Tracy. "Is that the sonar?" he asked her.

"Yes, sir."

"It works?"

"Yes sir, my uncle does fine work."

"Yes, I know, he has helped us out many times before."

He nodded at a man who stepped forward to take the case, and then he cuffed it to his wrist and stepped back.

"Good work, all of you," the President said, looking at them. "The FBI Chief filled me in on everything," he told them, eyeing Tracy. "You are one lucky young lady," he told her. "That man was on the FBI's most wanted."

"I know sir," she told him.

"Yes, of course, you would," he grinned at her. "The chief also informed me that you two will be working special op's together?" he said, looking at Craig.

He nodded. "Yes, sir."

"Good, I want you to come to the White House. I have your first job."

"Sir?" Craig asked in confusion.

"I am over the FBI, Agent," he told him.

"Yes sir," Craig nodded.

"It's not that bad," the President grinned. "The Chief just wanted you two to get married so that he could send you out on your next assignment from here."

Tracy looked at Craig, who shrugged but she was grinning ear to ear.

"We would like that, sir," Craig said.

"Good, let's head back then, and we shall have a wedding tonight," he told them, "I can marry you," he told them.

"You would do that for us, sir?" Craig asked in astonishment.

"It is the least I can do for the world's most famous detective, and her fiancé," he grinned.

Craig grinned back. "Yes, sir."

"Now, come, we have a celebration to attend and a lot to get ready," he said and headed to the limo.

Grey hung behind, and Tracy turned to him. "Come on Grey."

"No," he shook his head. "I'm going to head home. I know the chief wants me back as soon as possible."

"But I want you there for our wedding," Tracy protested.

He smiled sadly. "No Tracy, watching you get married would only make me sad," he admitted to her.

She smiled sadly back. "I am sorry Grey."

"Don't be. You love him, and he loves you." He then kissed her cheek. "I will see you later, okay?"

"Okay, I will come and see you," she promised him.

"I know," he told her, and then squeezing her hand, he headed back up the plane stairs. She watched him, then turned back to Craig.

"Are you going to be all right?" he asked her.

"Yes my love," she smiled up at him.

He bent down and kissed her. "Come, my beloved, let us go get married by the President of the United States."

"Yes, that does sound nice," she admitted and followed him to the limo.

When they climbed in the President smiled at them. "You two are going to make one hell of a team."

Tracy had to admit, yes, yes, they would.

The End

P.S. Don't be surprised if there ends up being a sequel to this book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 165 30
"Two bodies in a car at the bottom of a ravine - one is a stranger, frozen solid; the other is her brother-in-law. Country girl Kaelynn Barrows...
225K 4.2K 21
Kacie and her friends go to a club to celebrate her 25th birthday. Kacie just wants to stay home, but the girls just want to get drunk. "Come on Kac...
1.5K 158 23
When Tracy Hayes, a Brooklyn waitress extraordinaire -- only a slight exaggeration -- loses her job -- again -- she doesn't mope; she can't afford to...
1.5K 154 34
Blair Evermore: a simple kid with a complicated life. With a brother that would do anything for her and two FBI agents for parents, she doesn't have...