The Edge of the Universe

By xcharredrosesx

Anakin Skywalker and Obi-wan Kenobi have tried their best to fight against the forces in the clone wars and t... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
Stats + sequel announcment

XIII

455 17 2
By xcharredrosesx

Obi-wan's POV

"Anakin," I said.

His eyes opened and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Just making sure you didn't fall asleep," I replied.

"All done, you shouldn't do too much activity while your ribs are healing but walking around should be fine," Cody said.

"Thank you, Cody," I responded nodding at him.

"It's not a problem,"

He moved over to Anakin with the med-pack and I got up and sat on Anakin's left he raised an eyebrow at me but didn't say anything.

"I'm making sure you're not going to make a run for it," I half-joked.

Cody pulled off Anakin's boot and rolled up his pant leg and pulled off the black sock, his ankle was purple and black and so swollen it was a miracle that Anakin managed to walk around on it for a week. Cody inspected it and just by touching it, it made Anakin wince in pain.

"The bone is definitely broken and I'm going to have to set it into the right position again," Cody declared.

"You're joking," Anakin said.

"I'm afraid not, if I don't reset it then it could grow back wrong and leave some lasting damage," Cody explained.

"This is definitely revenge for resetting Cutup's knee," Anakin mumbled.

"You can squeeze as hard as you want," I said grabbing Anakin's left hand.

Anakin drew his right knee up to his chest as Cody tried to figure out the best way to reset it. 

"This brings back memories," I said.

"I'd rather forget about that," Anakin winced.

"You've had to reset a bone before?" Rex asked me.

"We were on a mission and Anakin about 11 and we were on the second story, the Queen's crown fell off and Anakin jumped off the balcony to save it and broke his arm. There was no medical services there so I had to reset it," I recounted, "It's also one of the reasons Alderaan is a close partner with Coruscant today,"

"Okay, are you ready?" Cody asked Anakin.

He nodded and Cody counted down and then there was a sicking sound, Anakin crushed my hand in his strong grip and all my knuckles cracked in an instant. Anakin scrunched up his face in pain but then took a deep breath and let out a string of curse words in Huttese.

"Uh what was that?" Rex asked.

"Huttese," I replied. 

"I didn't know he spoke Huttese," Rex stated, "Do you understand the language?"

"Not a clue, I just now that those are curse words that the Jedi Council would not like to hear," I responded. 

Anakin let out a deep breath and Cody had just finished wrapping up Anakin's ankle in gauze to hold it in place. 

"One time Anakin was annoyed after I 'lectured' him so he only spoke Huttese to me for an entire week," I recounted.

"You literally spent the whole day lecturing me, and I did find my lightsaber," Anakin added.

"It looks like you have a mild concussion, sir," Cody said after looking at Anakin's head wounds and his eyes, "And hypothermia,"

I shrugged my cloak off and placed it on Anakin's shoulders, he tried to protest but I gave him a stern look and he rolled his eyes and relaxed back against the cave wall. Cody was now talking to Heavy, Echo and Fives in the corner and they burst into quiet laughter over something Echo had said.

"Who's going to keep first watch?" Rex asked.

Anakin opened his mouth but I quickly clamped my hand over it.

"We'll go oldest to youngest," I said. 

Anakin moved my arm down and glared at me.

"I think that's a good idea," Rex said smiling.

"Oh I see what's going on, you're ganging up on the youngest in the group," Anakin huffed.

"Precisely," I replied.

"But you're injured," Anakin tried to argue.

"I'll just be sitting at the mouth of the cave, it's nothing I can't handle," I said standing up.

"When I'm a Jedi Master, we're going to go by height," he grumbled.

I laughed and grabbed my lightsaber before walking to the mouth of the cave and sitting down, it was pitch black outside but the stars were shining brightly. It was lightly raining and there was the tiniest bit of thunder, I looked up at the stars and sighed. 

In Coruscant you could never see the stars because of all the light pollution and on Stewjon you couldn't really see the stars that well either. 

A week later

We were still on this planet and we made managed to find a few berries and nuts and a river nearby so we were okay but everyone just wanted to get off this planet. Anakin was on watch duty tonight and I had a sense of uneasiness for some reason, the fire in the middle of the cave was still burning and the clones were all asleep. I closed my eyes and tried to get to sleep but through the quiet of Dantooine I heard a lightsaber ignite, I sat up and listened hard, I heard the sound of lightsaber hitting another lightsaber and that's when I got up and ran to the mouth of the cave. Anakin wasn't there, I peered over the edge and saw a bright blue light and a purple one. I sighed in relief once I heard Mace Windu's voice.

"I'll call the gunship here to pick everyone up," Windu said. 

"Do you want us to come down there?" I called.

Windu looked up and jumped slightly since he wasn't expecting me to be awake.

"Yes, if you can," he called. 

I went back into the cave and told the clones the good news, we climbed down the small cliff and landed on the grass. Overhead we heard the gunship coming towards us and Coric and Cutup were on board, the gunship landed next to us and we climbed on board before the gunship lifted up into the air and the doors closed, we went up to the republic cruiser and we were all whisked away into different medical rooms. Anakin and I were in the same room but the clones went into other ones, a medical droid checked over us and put a medical wristband on so the healers at Coruscant knew what was wrong. 

Anakin was sitting up on his bed and leaning back against the multiple pillows that were there, his injured leg was out in front of him and his other leg was tucked underneath him. The door hissed open and Yoda and Mace Windu came in, I was laying back on my bed since I couldn't really move because of my broken ribs. 

"How are you two feeling?" Windu asked.

"I've been better," I replied. 

"Glad we are, that you are okay. A terrible loss, it would have been," Yoda said. 

"Thank you, Master," 

"What happened to General Grevious?" Anakin asked.

"We've captured him, the explosion did a lot of damage to the forest around the area and to him but he's alive and has replacement limbs," Windu explained, "Which reminds me,"

Windu walked over to Anakin's bed and held out the two parts of his lightsaber, the crystal in the middle had snapped in half and it was blackened and bent where it had snapped. Anakin examined the pieces and frowned.

"Lightsabers don't usually explode, do they?" I asked.

When Qui Gon taught me about lightsabers he never mentioned a lightsaber exploding and I don't think there's a record of a lightsaber exploding in the archives. 

"Uncommon it is, happened before it has," Yoda replied, "Stronger you have become Skywalker, contain your power, the crystal could not. Too much pressure, there was, a new lightsaber crystal, you must get,"

"So a lightsaber can only handle so much before it explodes?" Anakin clarified.

"Beginning to tap into your raw potential, you are, a stronger crystal, you need. Handle that much power, your old crystal could not, careful and wary, you must be. A powerful Jedi, you are, Skywalker, but unpredictable and potentially dangerous, you and your power can be," Yoda explained. 

Anakin nodded and looked down at his broken lightsaber and the shattered crystal still inside it, Windu was looking at him curiously before the door opened and the med droid came in with IV poles. 

"You two will get a while off, with Grevious captured it changes the war a bit. We already have people dealing with the Separatists and Dooku so there isn't much to do, also, Plo Koon would like you to train his Padawan while he's on his mission, Obi-wan," Windu said.

"I'll get right to it after I'm healed," I replied. 

Windu nodded and the two Jedi Masters left the room leaving the medical droid free to place the IV pole needles into our arms, Anakin was still fiddling with his broken lightsaber and he had managed to get the broken crystal out of the hilt and he pieced it together before sighing and placing all the pieces on the side table along with the hilt.

"You still remember how to get to Ilum?" I asked.

"Of course I do, finding the crystal is what makes me nervous," he replied.

"It'll be fine, Anakin, you just need to-"

"Concentrate, I know," 

I looked up at the ceiling and sighed, I closed my eyes and tried to meditate but slowly sleep took over and there was nothing...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 452 37
π•§π• π•šπ•• - a completely empty space "I'm trapped in the darkness." She whispered into his ear. His arms slipped around her waist, heart aching for h...
941K 27.7K 106
| The Wattys 2022 Shortlist | 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒆𝒔 π’…π’Šπ’† π’Šπ’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅? Taken from an early age from her family in Scarif in the Outer...
8.1K 206 22
They are two halves of a whole, two stars inexorably pulled together by gravity, forever rotating one another, forever caught up in each other's orbi...
46.1K 1.7K 67
An episodic, Clone Wars-style story; Obi-Wan Kenobi has an interesting mission ahead of him. A Gray Jedi has deserted his order and is looking to rep...