The Edge of the Universe

By xcharredrosesx

Anakin Skywalker and Obi-wan Kenobi have tried their best to fight against the forces in the clone wars and t... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
Stats + sequel announcment

XII

462 16 1
By xcharredrosesx

Anakin's POV

I was surprised that I wasn't even knocked unconscious, luckily we were in a pocket where the ceiling and walls hadn't collapsed onto. I noticed a gap that was much too high for me to reach but a little bit of rain was coming through the gap.

"Anakin?" Obi-wan's voice said.

I jumped and thankfully Obi-wan looked okay besides a large bruise that was forming on his forehead and a large cut across it as well.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I think so, how are we going to get out of here?" Obi-wan replied.

"I found a way for you to get out of here," 

Obi-wan followed my gaze up to the gap where the rain was coming through.

"You'll be trapped down here, there's no way I'm letting you do that," Obi-wan said firmly.

"You're the one that's injured, you need to get medical attention," I argued.

"You have two serious-looking head wounds that could be fatal," he pointed out.

I raised my hand to my right temple and then to the back of my head and sighed, the wound had re-opened again and blood was dripping down my face and soaking my hair at the back. 

"It doesn't matter," I said.

I used the force and lifted Obi-wan up, he tried to grab onto something but he made it through the gap and I settled him on what I think was grass. I stood up and looked around before sighing, I could bring everything down and then use the force to protect me. I moved some of the bigger pieces with the force and I was ready in case everything came crashing down but I managed to make a small hole which I crawled through and landed in another hallway, fire still licked the walls and I coughed a few times before stumbled through the smoke-filled hallways for a way out. 

My head was pounding and the pain in my ankle had never felt worse but I kept going, I heard the sound of lightsabers igniting and then blue and green bars of light coming towards me through the smoke, I dived out of the way as General Grievous landed where I was moments earlier. I ignited my lightsaber and it nearly jolted out of my grip again but I held it tighter. 

"You have unusual powers Skywalker, the dark side of the force is strong within you. But you won't use it," Grevious snarled.

I ignored his comment and he lunged at me, all my energy had disappeared from when I did that weird force earthquake blast and I couldn't concentrate with my pounding head. A sharp pain hit my chest as Grevious' metal foot slammed into it and sent me flying out an already broken window and onto the concrete helipad, the rain was pouring down, I landed on my stomach in a puddle but I didn't have time to recover. Grevious leapt at me again and I only managed to block his blow with my lightsaber and roll onto my back. His three lightsabers were pushing down on mine and they were getting dangerously close to my neck, my hand was shaking from the strain of trying to keep the lightsabers away from my neck. 

Blue laser bolts were shot towards Grevious one of them hit his shoulder making him distracted, I kicked his hands away and rolled away before jumping back onto my feet. There were two gunships that were now flying away but the Domino Squad and Obi-wan were still on the ground, Grevious lunged at me again but this time I was doing defensive which wasn't my strong point but I think I could handle it. I managed to cut two more of his hands off which made him more enraged and fight harder, his lightsaber cut my shoulder and it stung like hell but I tried to keep going. I ducked under one of his lightsabers and managed to cut one of his feet off, he fell to the ground and I jumped away from his lightsaber as he tried to get on up on one foot.

"General, we have to go!" Rex shouted.

The rest of the Domino Squad was with Obi-wan already in the forest but Rex was on the outskirts waiting for me. I ran towards Rex but I stopped when I felt a burning pain in my palm, I looked down at my still ignited lightsaber and saw that it was glowing between the cracks of the hilt. It was like it was trying to escape my grip, a loud high pitch sound was coming from it and I looked at General Grevious who was standing on one leg now.

"Anakin!" I heard Obi-wan yell. 

I looked down at my lightsaber again and the lightsaber was only getting hotter, a part flew off it and I clutched it in my hand before throwing it towards Grevious, it landed on the helipad and a blinding blue explosion went off. I dropped to the ground as the explosion moved towards me and I could see that Rex had done the same thing, I closed my eyes and covered my head with my arms. I felt the heat whip over me and I curled into a tighter ball, the heat finally stopped and I uncurled from the ball I was in and looked towards the main part of the explosion but dark blue and black smoke covered that area and rose into the air. I stood up and coughed and went to take a step forward, I was in shock, what the heck was that explosion? I felt a hand on my arm and I spun around.

"We have to go, now," Rex said.

I nodded and we ran towards the forest, I looked back over my shoulder at the weird smoke, the explosion was blue instead of red and the smoke was now grey and a lighter shade of blue. I kept moving and Rex and I caught up to Obi-wan and the Domino squad, Coric wasn't there or Cutup but Cody was here and he was helping Obi-wan walk. I limped along, I tried to hide it at first but it made my head spin so I stopped trying to hide it. I could hardly keep my eyes open but I blindly followed Rex, he seemed to know where he was going, it was still pouring with rain and I was shivering and I had to clench my jaw to stop my teeth from chattering. 

We came to a stop and I looked up at the mountainside, there was a large, deep cave in the side of it but we had to climb up the side of the mountain a little bit to get in there.

"How do we know there isn't a creature in there?" Heavy asked.

"Someone will have to climb up and have a look," Fives responded.

"I'll do it, I can lift you guys up with the force after I've scouted it out," I said.

"Anakin you're injured, there's no way you'd be able to scale the mountain without falling off and if you do then you might have to fight a wild animal. You're exhausted and it would be risky for you to use the force,"

"It's better than standing out here in the rain," I replied. 

I moved towards the mountainside and placed a hand on the cliffside but Obi-wan called out my name. I turned around and he threw his lightsaber at me, I caught it and Obi-wan raised an eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes and turned back around grabbing onto the side of the cliff, I mainly used my arms and tried to keep as much pressure my left ankle as possible. I finally made it to the top and laid down on the stone for a second before getting up with the lightsaber ignited. I made my way into the cave using the lightsaber as a light, I didn't see anything at the mouth of the cave so I moved my way deeper into the cave. I reached the end of it and waved the lightsaber and looked around the walls, I heard a screech from behind and I twirled the lightsaber and swung it twice through the air. I looked at the ground at I realised I had just killed two large land birds, I looked away from the lifeless heads rolling on the ground and scanned for anything else. I didn't find anything so I limped back to the mouth of the cave and poked my head over the edge.

"There was nothing in there besides some birds that I accidentally killed," I called down.

Even though I couldn't see Obi-wan or hear him very well, I could just sense he was sighing in disapproval. I took a deep breath and used the force to lift them all up and set them down at the mouth of the cave carefully, I held onto the wall of the cave to stop myself from collapsing in exhaustion while the others stood up. Fives was holding a bunch of sticks and twigs for a fire which was something I didn't even think of, I ignited the lightsaber again and we walked to the back of the cave. Rex kicked the birds' dead bodies away and we all sat down, Fives dumped the twigs and sticks in the middle and set up for a fire. Echo broke off his torchlight on his helmet and passed it to me.

"Can someone hold this for me?" I asked holding the lightsaber up.

The clones looked hesitant, they weren't allowed to use or hold a Jedi weapon it was one of the stricter rules of their code.

"Don't worry, it's not like you're using it in battle," I added.

Rex hesitantly took the lightsaber and held it kind of near me so I could have some light, I broke the torch open revealed the wires and I went to grab my broken transmitter that used to be on my forearm but it wasn't there. 

"Does anyone have anything with wires in it?" I asked.

They all shook their heads and I checked in the pouches on my belt but didn't find anything. I sighed and tapped my finger against the torch trying to think of something before the logical idea came to me. I placed the torch down on the floor and unbuckled the three straps that were on the glove on my right forearm and pulled it off revealing the shiny silver metal of my prosthetic arm underneath. I saw the clones exchange looks with each other but I ignored it for now and pushed my wet sleeve past my elbow.

"Anakin, I don't think that's a good idea," Obi-wan said.

"It'll be fine," I replied.

I pulled out a wire and then grabbed the torch and pulled out one of the wires inside that, I connected the do and after a few sparks, the torch caught fire. I quickly dropped it into the teepee of sticks and they caught alight bathing the cave in a warm glow. The rain was still pouring down outside but the fire added warmth and slight comfort to the cave, everyone relaxed slightly and I leaned back and rested my back against the cool cave walls. I was still shivering but my teeth had stop chattering, Rex handed me the lightsaber awkwardly and I pressed the button and the blade disappeared. I held it out to Obi-wan who went to take it but then stopped.

"Put it on the ground between us, I know you get anxiety when you don't have a weapon," Obi-wan teased slightly.

"Your the one who drilled the 'your lightsaber is your life' stuff into my head," I argued.

"Hey, Coric chucked us a med pack before the gunship took off, I could look at your cuts General," Cody offered.

"Okay, but after me, you're looking at Anakin's ankle and his many other injuries I'm sure he's hiding," Obi-wan said eyeing me.

"I'm fine Obi-wan," I tried to protest.

Obi-wan rolled his eyes and he and Rex exchanged glances. Obi-wan gave them all permission to take off there helmets and Fives and Echo were talking in the corner.

"General, if you don't mind me asking, how did you lose your arm?" Rex asked.

Obi-wan looked up sharply and I could see he was trying to catch my eye but I stared at the flames in the middle. I saw flashes of a clone standing in the gunship next to me and then the same clone falling out with Senator Amidala and running off to find another gunship.

"You were there, for it, well kind of," I replied, "The Battle of Geonosis, we were in the gunship but you fell out with Senator Amidala and then got into another gunship to the hanger, remember?"

"How did you know that? I didn't have any authority or different armour back then," Rex asked.

I frowned at the fire wondering how I did know? The flashes just randomly came to me.

"I.... don't know," I replied slowly. 

Obi-wan was frowning at me as well but I could also sense curiosity and worry.

"Well, anyway, what happened after that?" Rex asked changing the subject back to the topic we were originally discussing.

"There isn't much to say, Obi-wan and I went in there to fight Dooku, he cut off my arm and I lost, that's basically it," I explained.

"I didn't even know you lost your arm, I thought you wore the glove because it helped you grip your lightsaber or something," Heavy said.

"Well, that's what I like people to believe, for obvious reasons," I sighed.

I folded one leg underneath me and stretched out my left injured leg.

"You were only 19 Anakin, most Padawans are doing there studies for there exams and haven't even seen a photo of a sith lord," Obi-wan tried to argue.

Obi-wan and I have had this argument many times before but no matter what he tries to tell me I always think that I was weak and I failed because I lost my arm. The Padawans that were the same age as me said that I lost a bit of my sanity along with my arm, maybe I did but I've definitely recovered a lot since then and became a Jedi Knight later that year.

"Anakin!" Obi-wan shouted.

I looked at him frowning.

"You zoned out for a bit, are you sure you're alright?" Obi-wan asked.

"Sorry I- yeah I'm fine, just tired," I lied. 

"I don't think you should sleep just yet General, you have two head wounds and one of them looks like it's still bleeding a bit," Rex advised. 

"I'm almost done here," Cody said as he placed a bactapad over a deep cut in Obi-wan's calf. 

"I said I was fine," I replied.

"You could get stabbed by a lightsaber and say you're fine," Obi-wan teased.

I rolled my eyes as Rex and Heavy sniggered, Fives and Echo were still chatting in the corner about something random. I sighed and closed my eyes for a second, today had just been a weird day, with my lightsaber exploding and the weird force earthquake but in the end, we're still on this planet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 951 36
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷.ೃ࿐☄. :+* ╰──╮ ╰┈➤''OUR PROMISE IS WRITTEN IN THE STARS'' Padawan Kora Knight and Anakin Skywalker meet in a desperate attempt...
1.4K 49 21
"This is the first time I've ever held a lightsaber. But this is a Sith's lightsaber. Hopefully it's not bad luck, though I don't know I believe in l...
7.8K 294 39
{SEQUEL TO THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE} "He is the chosen one, he will bring balance," Qui Gon Jinn brought to the Council attention many years ago that...
6K 83 9
This is a retell of the third chapter of the entire Star Wars Franchise: The Revenge of the Sith where in this universe Anakin Skywalker does NOT tur...