home 🪐 anakin skywalker

By finnmikaelson

"clinging to me, like a last breath you would breathe, you were like home to me." in which anakin skywalker f... More

part one: the fool
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
part two: the lovers
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one

chapter five

2.4K 101 30
By finnmikaelson

Just as she knew she wouldn't, Ryha got no sleep that night.  She was worried about Anakin's safety, yes, but now she was worried about something different.  Something much, much worse; the fact that she might not ever see him again after he wins the race.  The thought of it alone was something beyond terrifying to Ryha.  It was something out of her worst nightmares magnified by a trillion.  She never once thought that she'd have to go through her life without her best friend by her side, and now, it's becoming a reality before her very eyes.

What would she do without him? Who would she talk to? Who would she spend time with? Who would take care of her and look out for her? What about Shmi and her awaiting fate? The questions ran through Rhya's mind faster than she could register, but she knew that her mind wouldn't be occupied with anything else until later.  However, she knew one thing to be true, despite all of her confusion.

She was so glad that he would be free.

Anakin could finally grow up to be the man she knew (even in her youth) that he was destined to be.  He could become the greatest pilot the galaxy had ever seen.  He could become like Qui-Gon Jin and help people throughout the universe.  Who knows?  Maybe he would be the one to free her, as well.  Just like he always promised.  Either way, she knew that he was getting off of Tatooine, and that was enough.  She just wished that she could come with him on whatever adventure he'd go on after the race was all said and done.

Sighing, she rolled over on her small cot, and looked out of her small window as the Tatooine suns began to rise over the desert hills.  She didn't like much about her home planet, but even in her youth did Ryha know that there was nothing in the galaxy that could compare to watching those suns rise when the rest of the planet was sleeping. It was her one moment of solace that she had to herself before she had to get up and get her day started. However, she didn't want today to start.

Today was the beginning of the end for Ryha Dallie.

Ryha blinked back her childish tears at the thought, shaking her head and getting up, silently padding over to where her best clothes were laid out. They weren't much, but they were just a little bit better than the others. Slipping them on, she decided that if today was going to be the last day she had with her friend, she was going to spend as much time as humanly possible with her best friend. Within minutes, she was running down the empty streets, letting her feet take her home.

Approaching the familiar hut of the Skywalker's, Ryha slowed her pace as she was met with the stranger that seemed to meet her everywhere she went.

"Good morning," Qui-Gon spoke, sipping a drink and looking down at her.  "The door's open, young Ryha."

Ryha looked up at the Jedi, trying to envision Anakin with such a presence.  She couldn't imagine him as poised and controlled as Qui-Gon was — that just wasn't who her Ani was.  He was a rebel, and she didn't think any Jedi code would ever get that out of him.

"Thank you," she muttered, moving quietly to the front door.

"Ryha?" Qui-Gon called out once more, making her stop in her tracks.  "He didn't sleep, either."

This time, the girl said nothing, just entered the hut where everything was still except her.  Slowly, yet surely, she walked over to Anakin's room, passing a sleeping Padmé and Jar Jar along the way.  As she approached his room, she was met with the sight of him under his thin covers, and his back to her.  And even still, he lifted up the corner of his blankets, giving her all the invitation she needed.

Kicking off her little shoes, she climbed under the covers, making the boy turn around to look at her.

"You couldn't sleep," he stated.  "Why?"

Ryha shrugged, not wanting to admit the truth yet in fear that he would try to change his fate.  Whether they liked it or not, Anakin was destined for more. And more is what he would get — Ryha would make sure of it.

"The race," Anakin spoke. "You're nervous about the race."

Ryha nodded, as he wasn't technically wrong. The thought of him doing the boonta race made her feel sick, so she let him have that one.

"I'll be fine, Ry," he reassured, holding her close.  "I always am."

Ryha may have not had a home on land or in a literal sense, but right there, in Anakin's childish embrace, that was where she knew her home was.  It was the only place she felt completely safe and sound.  The only place where she could truly relax.  Her Anakin was the only thing she ever truly loved, and the only thing she ever would love, as long as she lived.

"Anakin?" she found herself asking, letting her eyes flutter shut for a moment as exhaustion began to take over.

"Yeah, Ry?"

"Do you think you'll ever forget me?"

"How can I forget someone that's always with me?" he asked, offended that she would even ask such a thing.

"That isn't an answer, Ani."

"No.  I could never forget you." he stated without hesitation.  "Never in a million years."

"Good," Ryha mumbled, snuggling into his side as she felt sleep take over.  "I won't forget you, either."

And as quickly as the words left her mouth, Ryha was finally able to find rest in the arms of her beloved best friend.  But the best friend in question wasn't so lucky — his mind was even more troubled than before.

Anakin hadn't been able to sleep a wink, and it was all because of the girl in his arms at that very moment.  He couldn't explain it, but he could feel her anxiety from where he was, and it was driving him mad.  But now, even though she was safe by his side, it was like she knew something he didn't.  Something big.  Something that he wasn't quite sure he wanted to know about.  Either way, his best friend was acting like they'd never see each other again.

Little did he know how accurate that statement truly was.

His thoughts were surrounded around her strange behaviour and even stranger words, and it kept him up until it was time to get ready for the race.  Knowing that his little Ryha needed more rest than what she would have gotten had he woken her, he carefully untangled himself from her embrace and snuck out of his room.

"What, no Ryha?" Shmi asked upon seeing her boy, a smile teasing her lips.

"She's resting," he answered, sitting down at the small table with his mother.  "She didn't sleep last night."

"That makes two of you."

"How did you know?"

"You're my son, Anakin.  I always know."

"Well, I only didn't get sleep because she didn't sleep," he muttered, picking at the breakfast his mother had prepared.  "I could feel her anxiety."

Shmi gazed at her boy with wonder as he talked about his connection with Ryha like it was nothing.  And she supposed that to him, that's what it was.  It was so normal for them that he didn't even think about it.  To him, it was nothing.  There wasn't anything to it other than the fact that they loved each other and took care of one another.  It made today even harder for her — and she could only imagine what Anakin was going to do after the race when he realised...

"Well, she's resting now. How about you go get ready, huh?" she spoke, snapping herself out of her thoughts. "Are you okay to race today, Ani?"

"Yeah," he answered honestly. "I was born ready!"

"Then go on then," she encouraged, shooing him off. "You can't be dressed like that at a race."

Letting out a little laugh, Anakin shook his head and continued down the halls of his tiny living quarters, looking for something more presentable. Watching as her son's little blond head bounced down the halls, Shmi sighed and rested her slender fingers on the bridge of her nose. Noticing her obvious distress, Qui-Gon approached her, interrupting her moment of unease.

"I'm taking Jar Jar to meet with Watto before the race," he informed her quietly. "Your son is special boy, Shmi. I've never seen anything like him. If all goes well..."

"Do what you must, sir." Shmi spoke, as if it was the hardest thing she ever had to say.

Her son was all she had, and although she was glad that he had the chance to get out of this life he was currently suffering, he was still her baby. And what was she, a mother, without the one thing that made her so?

"I will do what I can for you and Ryha, everything in my power, in fact, but in this game, there are no promises." Qui-Gon spoke seriously.

"They can't be separated," the woman spoke lowly, making sure that neither her son nor the precocious girl he loved so much could hear their conversation. "If you must choose, take her. He can live without me, but he cannot live without her."

"I will do what I can; that, I can promise."

With that as a final parting gift, Qui-Gon took the clumsy creature and left for the race tracks, leaving Shmi alone. Cursing to himself, Qui-Gon shook his head, trying to rid himself of the feeling of attachment he was growing towards the family. He was supposed to be upholding the Jedi Code, not caving into such civilian feelings. But no matter what he did, he couldn't help but think about how the odds of keeping Anakin and Ryha together were smaller than slim; it was almost impossible. If Anakin were to become a Jedi, he would have to give up all connections and bonds to his past, which unfortunately included Ryha.

Sighing, he pushed all of this to the side for the moment, and focused on what he was actually there to do: meet Watto, strike up a deal, and win the race.

Finding Watto wasn't hard in the slightest, neither was striking up a conversation with the man. The hard part was coming to an agreement.

"I want to see your spaceship the moment the race is over." Watto demanded.

"Patience, my blue friend. You'll have your winnings before the suns set, and we'll be far away from here."

"Not if your ship belongs to me, I think... I warn you, no funny business."

"You don't think Anakin will win?" Qui-Gon asked curiously.

"Don't get me wrongo. I have great faith in the boy. He's a credit to your race, but Sebulba there is going to win, I think."

"Why?"

"He always wins," Watto laughed dryly. "I'm betting heavily on Sebulba."

Qui-Gon looked down at the blue creature and smirked, "I'll take that bet."

At Qui-Gon's change in attitude, Watto's laughter abruptly stopped.

"What?! What do you mean?!"

"I'll wager my new racing pod against... say..." the Jedi began, feigning contemplation. "The boy, his mother, and that little girl that seems to be glued to his side."

If Qui-Gon thought Watto's laughter was bolstering then, it was nothing compared to the laughter he got in reply to his proposal.

"A pod for slaves — one of which that isn't even mine. I don't think so. Maybe one; the mother, maybe. The boy isn't for sale."

"The boy is small, he can't be worth much. Same for the girl, too."

Despite the argument from Qui-Gon, Watto still shook his head.

"For the fastest pod ever built?" he prodded further, only to get another shake of the head. "All, or no bet."

"No pod's worth three slaves, not by a long shot. One slave, or nothing."

This was what Qui-Gon had feared. Shmi was right, Anakin could leave her, but getting him to leave Ryha would be like ripping one of the two Tatooine suns away from the sky. But, he made a promise to both of the women that he would do what he had to in order to ensure that Anakin had a good future. A future away from Tatooine altogether.

"The boy, then." Qui-Gon spoke, hiding the regret and the disappointment in his tone well.

Smiling, Watto pulled out a little cube from his pocket before speaking.

"Fine. We'll let fate decide. Blue, it's the boy. Red, his mother."

"And what of the girl?"

"She is not my responsibility, but hey. If the boy wins like you say he will, then maybe I'll buy her off of her master."

"Is that a promise?"

Watto rolled his eyes, yet agreed, relieving the Jedi in the slightest bit. That way, even if he has to leave the two behind, there was a chance that they could still be kept together. Because after all this was over, Ryha and Shmi would need each other to get through the loss of their beloved Anakin.

Qui-Gon watched as Watto tossed the cube down onto the floor, and right as it landed on red, he used his Jedi abilities to turn it onto the blue side. Smiling at his little victory, he looked up to see that Watto didn't hold the same enthusiasm.

"You won the small toss, outlander, but you won't win the race. This makes little difference."

Little did Watto know that that was the part that scared Qui-Gon the most.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

598 16 8
𝐘/𝐧 (𝐅𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫) 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐍𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐨 𝐁𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬...
308K 6.7K 32
❝ if this can no longer hold my heart will stop beating then like this may be how i die my first death but what if that moment's right now right now...
182K 2.4K 15
A Jedi shall not know love. It was the code taught to you. But what happens when Anakin Skywalker comes back into your life and you are put under his...
173K 5.9K 38
[BOOK 2] Sequel to 'Tormented' "This little guy is going to have your back since I'm not out there to have it for you. Think of him like a little pie...