Finding my other half (Comple...

By AngelTweet

#2 - arrangedmarriage #12 - feelings True love stands by each other's side on good days and stands closer on... More

Chapter - 1: Her Fate; His Acceptance
Chapter - 2 : Her Farewell; His First Step
Chapter - 3: Her First Day; His Bipolar Attitude
Chapter - 4: Her Confusion; His First Gift
Chapter - 5: Her Miseries; His Clarity
Chapter - 7: Her Day at Office; His Favourite Dish
Chapter - 8: Her Relatives; His Adore
Chapter - 9: Her Elegance; His Possessiveness
Chapter - 10: Her Tensions; His Flirting
Chapter - 11: Her Optimism; His Actions
Chapter - 12: Her Loss; His Support
Chapter - 13: Her Past; His Embrace
Chapter - 14: Her Gratitude ; His Straightforwardness
Chapter - 15: Her New Look; His Feelings
Chapter - 16: Her Fears; His Restlessness
Chapter - 17: Her Realizations; His Care
Chapter - 18: Her Routine; His Anger
Chapter - 19: Her Shyness; His Closeness
Chapter - 20: Her Birthday; His Surprise
Chapter - 21: Her Daze; His Intensity
Chapter - 22: Her Worries; His Distance
Chapter - 23: Her Naughtiness; His Reaction
Chapter - 24: Her Respect; His Upbringing
Chapter - 25: Her Innocence; His Mischievousness
Chapter - 26: Her Trust; His Love
Chapter - 27: Her Beliefs; His Panic
Chapter - 28: Her Tears; His Menace Avatar
Chapter - 29: Her Broken Soul; His Healings
Chapter - 30: Their Journey of Togetherness
Epilogue - Happily Ever After
Thank You - My Readers

Chapter - 6: Her First Smile; His Teasing

46.3K 1.4K 283
By AngelTweet

Post dinner when Swara came back to room, she was feeling some happiness in her heart but more than happiness it was peace.

Peace about her future.

Sanskar's words had very positive effect on Swara, she was feeling relived. He was not in the room, during dinner she had heard him talking to Laksh and Adi Kaka that they needed to finalise something for which they are again going to assemble at study.

Her husband really wants to give their marriage a chance so does she. Just the thought brought a beautiful smile on her face.

After entering the room, she looked at the room.

'It's her room, nope it's their room.'

Swara kept the water jug at his side night table and then went to walk-in closet, she took out her simple cotton kurti and pajamas from her bag.

'Tomorrow first thing I will arrange everything.'

She prayed and then sat on the bed with support of the headboard. She was not feeling sleepy today. Sanskar has still not returned from the study, he was still busy.

Unknowingly she was waiting for him to come back. She checked on the phone and started playing old hindi songs on app, yesterday when Sanskar gave her gift, first app she downloaded was for old Hindi songs. She closed her eyes, straiten her legs.

Music and Swara was ultimate combination, she had inherited melodious voice from her mother.

After almost 1-hour Sanskar returned back to room, he slowly turned the knob and push the door without making any noise, thinking Swara must be in deep sleep.

But when he opened the door melodious hindi song tune "Aaja Sanam Madhur Chandni me hum tum mile ke ...." from Raj Kapoor's Barsaat movie hit his eardrum.

And site in front of him took his breath away, Swara was sitting on the bed with closed eyes, she was humming that song. Her face was glowing in the moonlight, small smile spread on her lips.

Today, he felt some kind of peace on her face.

'She looks calm.'

If he would have known that his assurance about their marriage would have brought this much relaxation to her then he would have talked to her on their wedding night itself.

He was staring at her with amusement like how someone can be so simple.

Swara felt someone's gaze on her, so she slowly opened her eyes there he was standing staring at her.

"Sorry"

Swara fumbled and immediately got up from the bed while turning off the songs.

'I hardly say sorry and thank you to any one and dear god you made me marry to the girl who has a habit of saying these two words without any reason' thinking this Sanskar chuckled.

"Do you like Hindi songs?"

Swara just nodded her head in answer with smile.

"I thought you would be sleeping its quite late" Sanskar asked her while keeping his mac inside his laptop bag.

"Umm I was not getting sleep so thought to listen songs for some time"

"Ok carry on" he turned and left for washroom to change.

After some time when he came back, he saw Swara playing with her fingers, with pressed lips.

"What happened?" Sanskar said when he observed her in thoughts.

"umm nothing" Swara said shaking head in no.

Sanskar took pillows and duvet from bed and moved to couch.

"Good night" Sanskar said and lie down on the couch.

"Good night" Swara said and lie down, she switched off the lamp from night table.

'Ohh Durga ma what should I do? Should I tell him to sleep on bed?'

'It's his bed and I am sleeping here.'

'Full day he is busy with his work and at night also he has to sleep on that uncomfortable couch.'

'But how can I say it?'

'Swara you should have slept on couch today why did you sit on bed and listen music atleast one day he would have slept peacefully.'

'Ok tomorrow I will do it, I will come and directly sleep on couch, he will automatically sleep on bed'

Unknowingly her heart started caring for him.

Next day morning, when Swara came to room with his drink.

She kept the glass on coffee table and was leaving the room when Sanskar said coming out from dressing room with smile.

"Good morning Swara."

Listening his voice Swara turned and wished him "good morning. I have kept your drink."

'Make her part of your routine, Sanskar.'

"What is there for breakfast?" Sanskar asked.

"Egg Omelettes or scrambled eggs with French toast"

She remembered today when she entered kitchen, she was shocked to see eggs on kitchen platform. This family should be strictly vegetarian.

That time Gopi Dadi came and told her that except herself, Sanskar's Dadi and Annapurna everybody eats nonveg food, its only during Ashwin (Hindu month of Navratri) they don't cook nonveg at home. Gopi Dadi also filled her with additional knowledge that how Sanskar is foodie and he loves nonveg especially seafood.

"So finally, that month ended, wow now we can eat nonveg."

"You like nonveg?" Swara asked even though she knew it from Gopi Dadi.

"Yes, I love it, especially fish fry and fish curry" Sanskar said.

"Are you going down?" He asked.

"Yes"

"Let me get my phone. We can walk together."

'Do small small things together."

They were talking while walking together in the corridor.

"Do you like it?" Sanskar asked her. 'Share you routines.'

She scrunched her eyes.

"Non veg?"

"Yes, Papa was great fan of nonveg so we used to have it before... but then it's long time I had it since at Dida's house it was not allowed to cook and more than that Dadi could not even bear the smell of Nonveg so it was completely banned." Swara said.

'Ohh god she had missed such small, small things in life'.

"See you at breakfast." They were already down.

The day went well, Swara spend her morning while helping her MILs and then at afternoon she did skype call to the nurse who is taking care of her Dida, then she joined he MILs for their afternoon teatime.

'Should I call him to ask when is he coming back?''

'But today Badi Ma did not ask me to call him.'

'Every day she asks me to call him to check.'

'No, it's okay why to disturb him, but then he will feel that I only call him when Badi Ma asks me.

'Why does Badi Ma need to ask every day?'

'Swara you can call him.' She finally dialled Sanskar's number on his personal number which he picked up with in two rings.

"Hi Swara, here" Swara said in low voice.

"Swara your number is already saved on my phone the day I gave you this phone as gift" Sanskar said chuckling while holding phone between his ear and shoulder. He was as usual typing something on his mac.

"Ohh, wo Badi Ma is asking when are you coming back?" Swara lied.

"I will be little late today but yes I will join everybody for dinner" Sanskar replied.

"Ok. Bye." Swara said and cut the call.

After dinner when Swara came back to room she had one mission on her mind.

'Occupy couch.'

She hurriedly went for change and came back Sanskar was still with his Bade Papa and Dad in study.

She took one pillow and duvet, prayed to Durga Ma, covered herself with duvet and lied down on the couch closing her eyes.

When Sanskar came back to room, he was typing something on his mobile. When he entered, he saw Swara is sleeping on couch or should he say she is acting as sleeping.

'She can't even act properly.'

"Swara I know you are not sleeping, so please get up and go to bed and sleep there." Sanskar said controlling his smile.

Swara slowly opened her eyes, sit on the couch and whispered while looking down "you please sleep on the bed, couch is uncomfortable for you. You will get back pain"

"Exactly couch is uncomfortable for you, I am fine there" Sanskar said shrugging his shoulders.

Swara got up from couch while making faces, she took the duvet and started taking small steps towards bed.

Sanskar was busy with his phone checking latest messages while going towards closet to get his night cloths.

Swara gulped one huge lump and tightly closed her eyes and said in one breath in whisper, "wecansharethisbed."

"Sorry" Sanskar turned towards her and asked with confusion.

"umm" Swara looked at everywhere but not at Sanskar.

"Swara you can say anything to me, please don't hesitate."

"umm wo it, I mean this, umm haa" Swara stammered but closed her eyes and took a deep sigh, "this bed is big enough we can share."

Once said Swara was so nervous to even look at Sanskar, unknowingly she was feeling heat on her cheeks.

Sanskar chuckled at her behaviour and said, "It's ok you take bed you won't be comfortable with sharing"

Swara said slowly "No its fine, please" she gave a quick glance to him.

Sanskar just nodded and left for washroom for change.

When he came back, he saw Swara was sleeping at left most side of the bed. He came and slept on the right side of the bed after closing lights of the room.

It's been almost one week passed when Sanskar had cleared the misunderstanding about their marriage with her.

Swara was helping their Gardner with cutting the dried leaves from flower plants. She always loved gardening.

Her mind was filled with thoughts of her life. How much her life has changed with in this one week.

There were not visible changes to her relationship with Sanskar they were still quite formal with each other. Their communication was limited to 'good morning' 'what's there for breakfast?' "when are you coming back' 'Bye take care' 'have a good day' 'good night'.

But one thing Swara noted, Sanskar was taking small steps to assure her about his involvement in their pious bond. His assurance was increasing her trust over their life long commitment.

But they could not spend much time together as Sanskar was too much occupied with some office stuff.

Swara realised with in these two weeks that her husband is true workaholic. Even though he was born with golden spoon studded with diamonds he was working hard for keeping the shine of gold and diamonds infact polishing it more and more every day.

Her family members were very loving and caring.

Especially her three mothers in laws even though all three were distinct personality, they were sisters by choice.

Uttara and Pihu became her friends, on Uttara's insistence Swara started joining them for morning Yoga.

Laksh was quite dramebaaz most of the times. He was giving hard time to Swara for understanding hidden meaning behind his words.

Her routine was falling in place in her new household. Which started with getting up early in the morning, joining her MILs for morning arti post 20 minutes of Yoga, bringing honey lemon for Sanskar, then in the afternoon she used to talk with Dida and her nurse, helping her MILs and Gopi Dadi with kitchen work.

Dida's condition was not improving but Swara felt content feelings, peace on her grandmother's face every time she saw her on Skype or Whattsapp call.

Swara was busy with her own thoughts when Sanskar came back from office.

Today, he came back early since the deal which he was working out got signed.

He asked David his driver to take car near garden instead of main entrance when he saw Swara was helping in gardening. She was wearing bottle green colour silk Punjabi suite.

Sanskar wanted to spend his time with her over this one week but he was completely occupied with his business matters, but now he will have some time which he is looking forward to spending with wife. '

'Should he take her out for dinner? Or some date?' Sanskar's mind was occupied with this thought.

"Swara" Sanskar called her from behind.

Swara jerked with the unexpected voice and turned back immediately. Due to her sudden turn the she stepped on the water sprinklers which got started, and Sanskar got drenched with water spray.

"Ohh sorry" Swara moved her feet from sprinklers and finally it got stopped.

Sanskar's shirt was quite drench, whereas there were some droplets on his face. He wiped them using his hands.

"Sorry sorry I am really sorry" Swara said nervously.

"It's ok Swara, let me just go and change" Sanskar said with smile.

"Come I will help you" Swara said while taking his laptop bag from his hand.

They came back to room, "Can you please take out any home cloths for me, meanwhile I will just go and take a quick shower" Sanskar said while stepping inside washroom.

Swara took out his t-shirt and track pant from his side of closet. It was the first time she opened his side of closet, everything was neatly organised, and everything was made up of expensive brands. She looked at the glass drawer and realised her husband is great fan of watches. She felt good while fulfilling her wife's duty.

She knocked on the washroom door, but shower was going on. She knocked again but looked like her husband was enjoying his shower time.

Swara wanted to tell him that she has kept his cloths on the bed, and she is going downstairs for bringing his black coffee.

Sanskar came out wearing bath robe, he just didn't want to face any embarrassing situation for them by coming outside wrapping just a towel on his waist, he was aware his scary kitten is in the room only.

Swara looked at her husband who was true charmer, looking as a Greek god with damp hairs.

"I kept cloths there on the bed. Actually, I was going to bring your coffee, but I knocked on the door but then"

"Did you call me sorry I did not hear your voice?"

"No, I just knocked on the door"

"Ohh I couldn't hear the knock, you should have called me?" Sanskar asked her and realised in these two weeks of their marriage she never called him by his name.

Swara wide her eyes when she realised what Sanskar was asking her.

'You should never call your husband by his name.' Again Ragini's Dadi words.

"You never called me by my name Swara." Sanskar asked her with glint of mischievousness in his eyes.

Swara started swallowing lumps while staring at the floor.

"Ok call me by my name" Sanskar ordered her while pressing his lips and controlling his laugh.

"I guess Badi Ma is calling me" she tried to escape.

"Swara nobody is calling you, say my name and go wherever you want to go"

Swara was still looking at the floor where as Sanskar was standing in front of her with crossed hands over his chest and naughty smile on his face.

'Ohh god she looks cute'

Swara narrowed her eyes and gave a glance at him with corner eyes.

"I hope you know my name."

"Or do you still need introduction of your own husband?"

'He is not gonna spare me without I say his name ohh Durga ma what should I do now.'

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath

Sanskar was looking at her antiques with amusement

"San... Sansk.... Sanskarji."

"That's not my name." Sanskar said while shaking his head.

Swara looked at him with confused face.

"Badi ma did not put any 'Ji' in my name" Sanskar said with smile.

Swara understood he was trying to play with her, and she needed to call him with just his name.

"Sanskar ..... is this your name?"

She looked everywhere but not at him with her big doe eyes with amused smile. She took quick glance to see him smiling back at her.

"I will bring your coffee; do you need anything else?" Swara asked him.

"Nope, I am good with coffee" Sanskar said with smile and taking his home cloths from bed.

'My name never felt this melodious before she called me.'

"How was your day?" He asked.

"Great."

"Hows Dida? Did you talk to her?"

"Yes, Dida is ok."

"Swara, Badi Jiji is calling both of us downstairs." Pari informed entering their room.

"Arre wa Sanskar you came early. Not bad."

Sanskar rolled his eyes on her teasings.

"Chale Swara."

"Ji Kaki Ma." They both left.

"I am really proud of you Swara. You did the thing which was highly impossible for any one of us." Pari and Swara walking towards patio.

"Means?"

"Sanskar came early from office on weekday."

Pari's statement enriched her cheeks with light blush.

'He really wants to give this marriage a chance.'

During dinner Annapurna looked at DP and eyed him to gesturing him whereas Sujata was little concerned and gave worried look to her Jiji.

DP nodded his head and said while looking at Sanskar with corner eyes "So tomorrow Ashok is coming with his family for lunch."

Sanskar halted for a second and then continued his dinner without saying anything.

Along with DP all other family members' eyes were also on Sanskar when DP made an announcement.

"Swara beta Ashok... Ashok Roy is our business associate, his family is settled in London. He is MD for our Telecom company European counterpart. Also, he is your Bade Papa's friend" Annapurna gave basic introduction about tomorrow's guest.

Swara nodded her head in acknowledgement.

"His wife Divya and his daughter Kavita are also coming." Annapurna continued but her attention was on Sanskar, who was busy with his eating.

"Can I get more fish curry?" Sanskar asked Swara and she served him with smile.

Next day it was usual, but the strange thing was Sanskar was working from home even though it was weekday.

Laksh and Adi confirmed they would be coming back home during lunch time whereas DP and RP were at home only.

Swara helped her MILs with lunch preparations there were several food delicacies were made.

Swara learned that her MILs are expert in cooking Annapurna and Sujata are great with Indian cooking whereas Pari always want to try to cook something new or fusion.

At around 12 pm Ramesh entered Kitchen announcing guest arrival, when Maheshwari ladies came outside they saw Roy family in the drawing room.

DP and Ram have already welcomed them, and Annapurna and Sujata also went forward to greet Divya with warm hug.

Swara saw one girl almost as of her age wearing baby pink crop top with white palazzo, she had highlights on her hair, and had light make up highlighting her features, she was decked up with expensive and branded jewellery and accessories.

"Hello Anu aunty, how are you?" Kavita said beamingly and hugged Annapurna.

"I am fine Kavita beta, how are you?" Annapurna said with smile.

"I am fine Anu Aunty."

"Hi Sujata Aunty. Hello Pari Aunty"

"I am also fine" Kavita said and hugged Sujata and Pari.

All three ladies of the house, busied themselves with Divya.

"Hey Uttu where is Sanskar? Is he in his room? I will go and meet him" Kavita asked when she met Uttara and Pihu while looking here and there.

Swara was observing Kavita she was quite comfortable with her in laws, she knew everybody and were familiar with them.

"No Kavita beta I guess he is in meeting. Right Swara? Or is he done?" Ram replied instead of his daughter.

"No Dad. He is still in meeting. He is in study."

Kavita looked at Swara, she was wearing peach colour anarkali dress and highlighted her eyes with liner and nude colour lipstick, magalsutra and sindoor.

'Who is she? I never saw her before' this thought crossed Kavita's mind. Not only Kavita but her parent's also scrunched their eyebrows.

"Swara Beta, can you please go and check how much time he will take?" Dp asked her.

"Who is she?" Divya whisper asked to Sujata.

"Sure Bade Papa." Saying this Swara turned where she saw Sanskar entering the drawing room.

"Hi Sanskar" Kavita took a step towards him.

"Hey Kavita" Sanskar said in cold voice.

"Hello uncle and aunty"

Sanskar passed Kavita to stand besides Swara.

He wrapped his arm around Swara's shoulder making sure she was not uncomfortable and said with smile "I hope you would have met my wife Swara. And this is Ashok uncle about whom yesterday Badi ma told you, she is Divya aunty and their daughter Kavita."

Swara looked at him amusingly. She was shocked with his actions. Her heart started running with marathon speed at his first touch. Her lips stretched in small smile when he introduced her as his wife.

Sanskar felt unknown possessiveness for his scary kitten. His heart was at peace holding his other half in his side embrace.

But Sanskar's statement drained out all colours from Kavita's face. Similar to Kavita even Ashok and Divya were stunned with the revelation.

Swara smiled at them. She nodded her head in acknowledgement but got confused with their shocked faces.

"DP when.... and how did?" Ashok Roy could not complete his sentence.

"Two weeks back Sanskar got married in private family function. We are yet to disclose this to public." Dp tired to reason-out.

"Swara is my best friend Anurag's daughter we always wanted to see them married." Ram seconded.

"We kept the news of marriage as secret due to Swara's grandmother's health but soon we will host their wedding reception." DP said explaining the facts to Roy family.

"Ohh Congratulations Sanskar, have a great married life" Ashok shook hand with Sanskar to control the situation.

"Thanks uncle" Sanskar said with smile.

'Kavita Ashok Roy'

She always wanted to get hooked up with Sanskar, she was not exactly in love with him or his true nature but his charm, power, fame, status everything about him fascinated her.

She knew Sanskar from long since Ashok and DP were friends and Ashok was their counterpart for handling their Telecom business in Europe.

Ashok and Divya were aware about their daughters' feelings and were eager to get this alliance fixed. 'Who does not want to have family relation with one of world's richest and powerful family?'

Six months back when Sanskar was in London for one deal, Kavita proposed him for marriage which was rejected by Sanskar respectfully.

He made her clear that they both will not be compatible for each other also his Badi Ma will select his life partner.

When Kavita told this to Ashok, who came to India to meet DP and proposed this alliance saying Sanskar is denying because of family pressure but otherwise he is ok.

When Annapurna confronted Sanskar asking him if he wants to go ahead with relation with Kavita then she does not have any issue,' it's your life you need to choose your life partner'.

On this he cleared the misunderstanding and promised her that he will marry the girl which Annapurna chose for him.

Today, also Ashok and Divya wanted to change Maheshwari Family's decision by meeting and again proposing the alliance but their last hope died due to recent revelations.

Lunch went smoothly with business talks between male members whereas ladies were discussing about everything other than business.

Ashok & Divya knew they cannot afford to go against or confront Maheshwari's, they are too powerful to face.

Kavita was silent but observing Swara who was sitting besides Sanskar.

"Do you need more gravy?" Swara was looking over her husband's needs.

"Yes. Can you please pass Salad bowl as well?"

"Sure."

'No doubt she is beautiful, but she is so simple. Sanskar should have married to the one with high standards. She does not deserve to hold the title of Mrs. Sanskar Maheshwari' Kavita was fuming with this thought.

Post Lunch Roy family bid bye and left for their hotel. And Sanskar also left for the office.

'I did not want Swara to face Roy family especially Kavita alone that's why I stayed at home. I know everybody was there to cover ... but still I wanted to be with her.'

'Kavita can cook up any story and convince anybody and my scary kitten would have gone in her nervous zone again.'

'I need to tell Swara about Kavita, I know this is something which least bother me, but she is my wife she needs to know everything.'

**********************************************

Thank you so much for loving this journey of Swara and Sanskar.

Which is your favourite scenes?

Who is your favourite?

Keep voting and commenting which motivates me to write.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 1.7K 18
Meet Olivia and Lucas the lost Mafia twins Their mother took The Twins away from their father and 5 brothers at the age of 1. Their mother died 2 ye...
23.8K 6.1K 77
◇ She wasn't my girlfriend Neither she was my crush. But in the list of priorities She always remained the first ◇ ◇ He is mature, I'm childish He...
2.7M 163K 76
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
678K 50K 60
The Nayak Brothers - Book 3 Kedar Nayak is a self made rich millionaire. He had no expectations in life. In fact he didn't have a life other than his...