All of Me (Harry Styles) - Bo...

By Posh777

-Sequel to Almost Lover- Harry and Ava One year later and still apart. Neither can seem to move past the l... More

Chapter 1: "I'm not interested."
Chapter 2: "Coffee sounds good."
Chapter 3: A Coffee Date
Chapter 4: Date #5
Chapter 5: A Guest and a Visitor
Chapter 6: "You need to write again."
Chapter 7: The Red Carpet & An Award
Chapter 8: A Racing Heart and a Realization
Chapter 9: "You alright?"
Chapter 10: "Thank you."
Chapter 11: Almost Lover
Chapter 12: The Concert
Chapter 13: "Friends."
Chapter 14: "I kind of like it."
Chapter 15: Breakfast, Paps, and Text Messages
Chapter 16: The After Party 'of the Century'
Chapter 17: The Truth?
Chapter 18: The Start of a Long Night
Chapter 19: An Offer
Chapter 20: "You don't remember?"
Chapter 21: Tacos, Jokes, and Old Feelings
Chapter 22: Breakfast, Lunch, and Teasing
Chapter 23: "What's wrong?"
Chapter 24: An Emergency.. Of Sorts
Chapter 25: "So that's it then?"
Chapter 26: Checkmate
Chapter 27: All I Want
Chapter 28: Going Steady
Chapter 29: No Hiding
Chapter 30: "Best surprise ever."
Chapter 31: "No one's ever gonna love you like I do."
Chapter 32: Twitter Hate
Chapter 33: Passion and Pictures
Chapter 34: A Strike and A Lie
Chapter 35: "I mean it."
Chapter 36: "I won't give up."
Chapter 37: "One of a kind."
Chapter 38: "Never stopped actually."
Chapter 39: Dinner followed by....
Chapter 40: "How can you be mine?"
Chapter 41: Work
Chapter 42: A Phone Call, Flowers, and a Plan
Chapter 43: "You're here."
Chapter 44: #fedor-u
Chapter 45: Five Shots and a Show
Chapter 46: "Tell me."
Chapter 47: Breakfast, Teasing, and a Phone Call
Chapter 48: The Truth
Chapter 49: An Unwanted Silence and Pictures
Chapter 50: Worth It
Chapter 51: All of Me
Chapter 52: "It's like..."
Chapter 53: Two Words
Chapter 54: A Battle of Wills
Chapter 55: "Always"
Chapter 56: A Stolen Moment and Three Conditons
Chapter 57: Negotiations
Chapter 58: Old Friends?...
Chapter 59: "Goodbye for now."
Chapter 60: Packing Texting Planning
Chapter 61: A Failed Attempt
Chapter 62: A Different Point of View...
Chapter 63: Re-do
Chapter 64: A Not-So-Secret Meeting
Chapter 65: "I didn't even ask you."
Chapter 66: Going... Going...Gone
Chapter 68: Scared
Chapter 69: "Maybe...."
Chapter 70: Bad Day ~ Great Day
Chapter 71: A Talk, A Ride, A Sunset
Chapter 72: Ready
Chapter 73: Sydney
Chapter 74: The ARIAs
Chapter 75: Memory Loss
Chapter 76: Home
Chapter 77: Truth or Dare
Chapter 78: "What do you want?"
Chapter 79: "Leverage."
Chapter 80: A Radio Interview
Chapter 81: Feeling Safe
Chapter 82: Lunch, Tattoos, And...
Chapter 83: "Miss you."
Chapter 84: Instinct
Chapter 85: A Phone Call.... THE Phone Call
Chapter 86: Hours...Minutes...
Chapter 87: Open
Chapter 88: Waking Up
Chapter 89: "How could you not tell me?"
Chapter 90: Mothering, Teasing, & Guilt
Chapter 91: I Want to Know What Love Is
Chapter 92: "My dreaming?"
Chapter 93: Thirty Seconds
Chapter 94: No Privacy
Chapter 95: "That's that."
Chapter 96: A Fight
Chatper 97: Something to Think About
Chapter 98: "You met Ava?"
Chapter 99: So Right
Sequel: Pretend

Chapter 67: Two Steps Back

14.4K 539 80
By Posh777

-Harry's POV-

I stick my head back in the cab, handing the driver a roll of euros, "Merci."

"Soyez le beinvenu."

I nod, closing the door and looking across the road. My feet crunch on the cobbled walkway as I make my way up to the front door. A twenty three hour flight and a two hour cab drive and I still don't know what I'm going to say to her.

It took six phone calls and getting into a proper scrap with Poppy to find out Ava had went to her villa in the South of France. Had it been any other woman, and any other relationship, a fella would think that meant he needed to leave her be. But Ava wasn't just any woman, and this wasn't just any relationship. Her heading halfway across the globe meant one thing, that I had no choice but to follow her.

I pictured her as I booked my flight, sitting alone in her villa thinking about what I'd done. I thought of her as I packed my bag, wrapped up in a blanket in front of the fireplace, reading a book to keep her mind off of me. I dreamed of her when I slept on the plane, laying in bed alone when I should be holding her.

She was there, once again waiting for me. And this time I wouldn't disappoint.

I knocked twice on the large wooden door, adjusting the bag on my shoulder as I took a deep breath. On the third knock, the door swung open and my heart nearly shattered in my chest.

"Puis-je vous aider?"

I gulped, fumbling over my words and trying to remember the small bit of french I knew as the tall young man stood in the doorway, shirt off and tattooed chest showing. I had no idea what he just asked me, I think it may have been something about what I was here for. All I could focus on was the fact there was a man, half naked, standing in Ava's doorway.

"Uh, Ava.. est ici?"

The man looked me up and down, shaking his head.

"Ava McCain, elle est ici?"

He shook his head once again, his eyes narrowing as he looked past me. His eyes suddenly widened as he snapped his fingers, "Mademoiselle Worthington!"

I nod, "Oui."

He takes a step towards me, stepping out of the doorway as his hand lands on my shoulder. He points down the road and I follow the line of his finger to the house down the lane.

"Mademoiselle Worthington." He repeats.

I can't help myself as I grab him into a hug, patting him on the back. I've never been so relieved in my life. I had the wrong bloody house.

"Merci!"

He laughs at me as he bids me farewell, my feet quickly carrying me back down his path and towards Ava's villa.

The two story stone villa is smaller than what I expected for Ava's grandmother to have owned. After seeing her house in L.A., I would of never thought she'd own anything less than ten thousand square feet. This house, it looks something like Av would live in. Something unique and hidden away from the world.

For the second time today, I find myself knocking on an unfamiliar door, hoping the woman I love answers it.

I hear a noise inside.. Footsteps nearing the doorway as I run my hand through my hair anxiously.

The door swings open, Ava's eyes meeting mine as I stare down at her.

Her long hair is in natural waves, falling over her small shoulders. Her simple white cotton dress moves in the breeze as her hand rests on the door.

My eyes gaze over her face, taking in her large brown eyes and soft pink lips. I have never nor will ever see anything near as beautiful. I've no doubt of it.

It's been five days since I've seen her, yet it feels like a lifetime.

I expect her to yell. Tell me what a wretched person I am. I expect her to cry. I expect her to slap me across the face.

But her words surprise me, as they fall from softly her lips, "Where the hell have you been?"

My bag drops to the ground as a whimper, a bloody whimper escapes my lips. I don't hear myself cry, but I can feel the tears running down my cheeks.

I'm a mess, a complete utter mess as she steps towards me.

I know my next actions are probably unwanted, but I wrap my arms around her shoulders, pulling her tightly into my chest.

Her forehead is in line with my lips as I hold her, the smell of her invading my senses in the best way.

"I'm sorry.... So so sorry." I barely choke out, my body shaking. "I'm so sorry. So sorry."

"Shhhh." She hushes me, her hands moving up and gripping the sides of my shirt.

The small act alone nearly makes my heart beat out of my chest as her small body is held against my own. Her slow and steady breaths calm me as I try to pull myself together.

"Come inside."

She pulls away from me and I wipe my eyes before grabbing my bag. I follow her in, leaving my things next to the door.

There's a fire in the fireplace, a book and blanket laying on the couch. All just how I'd pictured it.

She doesn't stop in the living room, instead going on into the kitchen.

Two cups of coffee are poured into mugs slowly. I know she's buying time. Neither of us know what to say.

She stands across the bar from me, us both standing in between two bar stools as she slides a mug across to me.

I take it, letting the heat from it warm my hands.

"You have no faith in me."

My head snaps up, eyes meeting hers.

"That's why you didn't tell me.. That's why you tricked me into signing that contract. That's why you hid the fact you were giving my parents money. You've no faith in me Harry."

"I do..."

"No, you don't. You're so afraid I would never choose you that you don't even give me a chance to prove I would."

I look down at the coffee in my hands, knowing she's right.

"Harry... You've no idea how much I really love you."

I sigh, glancing up at her to find she's now the one with tears in her eyes. Knowing I once again made her cry, it kills me.

"This isn't working." She says quietly.

I bite my lip, feeling it tremble, "Are... Are you ending this?"

"No. I want to be with you."

I suck in a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "Thank god. I couldn't... Couldn't lose you."

She gives me a half smile, a frown overtaking her face as her hand goes into the pocket of her dress.

"But I do think I need to give you this back."

Her hand pulls out the thin silver chain, her engagement ring dangling from it and catching the light.

"No Av... Please no." I shake my head, my eyes pleading with her as she sets it on the bar. "Please Ava... Don't."

I feel as if I was just shot in the chest as she places two keys next to it.

"Fuck." I drop my head into my hands, "Please..."

"Thi-This doesn't mean we aren't together." She sniffles, "Just means we're taking a few steps back."

"No... I can't.. Ava this isn't right. You know this feels wrong. Don't... At least stay with me, don't move out. Please."

"You know I need to."

"No, I don't. This is... Fuck I hate myself. What does this mean?"

"We're taking things slow, like we should of in the first place. It means we're dating, that is if you want to."

"Fuck." I run my hands through my hair, tugging at the ends so harshly I'm surprised I don't pull it out, "Honestly, no I don't want to date you. I want to marry you. But... If that's it... If that's all I can have... I'll take it. Course I will. I love you more than anything."

"And I love you."

I stand up, walking around the counter and stopping in front of her, "Please... Just keep the ring yeah? You don't have to wear it, put it in a box. Just keep it. Please Av."

I pick up the chain and ring, grabbing her hand gently and placing it in her palm.

"Harry..."

"Please love, just keep it. It belongs with you... Don't make me take it back. Please Av."

"Alright." She nods and I nearly cry again as she takes it, placing it back in her pocket.

"So what... How do we do this?" I stammer.

"Take me to dinner?"

"Yeah." I nod, feeling a smile creep into my face for the first time in days. "Dinner... A date yeah?"

"A date."

_______________
Please vote! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 41.4K 75
-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them together. A whole world trying to rip them ap...
3.1K 7 7
You and Harry Styles have been married for 3 years and are planning to expand your family, but who came up with the idea and how did it turn out? Fin...
101K 1.9K 37
If two people love eachother, if they truly love eachother, then they'll figure out a way to be together through any situation. They'll toughen up an...
1.6M 50K 92
Ava McCain An aspiring song writer living in London with a secret past. Harry Styles A famous singer who makes it his mission to break down Ava's wa...