Property of a Gordon

By TalatheWolf

He just kept smiling while shaking his head. "After you, Snowflake," he said, sweeping his hand, but I only g... More

Copyright/Warning
Property of a Gordon
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four
Chapter Five (Kendall)
Chapter Five (Snowflake)
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen (Kendall)
Chapter Sixteen (Snowflake)
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
A Thank You
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four (Kendall)
Chapter Twenty Four (Snowflake)
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty (Kendall)
Chapter Thirty (Snowflake)
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine (Kendall)
Chapter Thirty Nine (Snowflake)
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three (Kendall)
Chapter Forty Three (Snowflake)
Epilogue
Forty Three Facts for Forty Two Chapters
Future of the story/ Playlist
Patience of a Gordon
Another Thank You?
Property of a Gordon: Moments

Chapter Forty Four

76.1K 4.1K 1.6K
By TalatheWolf

This is the final chapter, although there will be an epilogue!

Chapter Forty Four

The air was still, floating in its somber state. It didn't play, laugh, or whisper and it didn't scream, rage, or wail. For once, the air was quiet and had nothing to say.

The grass was vibrant, but its hue was hidden by the shadows casted by the large trees. They were sheltering us, hovering with their branches out as if to rub our backs if that was what anyone needed.

The sun was overly bright as if to remind us that life did have its perks, even if this wasn't one of them. It smiled and beckoned us, but the clouds and coffin hindered it from making a valid point.

There was a large mass of people, but it was expected for such a respected man. I think most of the guards had showed up, silently saluting their friend and leader. It was a touching gesture that caused even me to look away.

Everyone was dressed in black, although by some of their appearances, it seemed they didn't realize it was a funeral. Some of the girls were dressed in skimpy dresses meant to show skin, not mourn in. I even saw a man with ragged jeans, but a leather jacket to show money wasn't the problem.

My eyes landed on his family who stood beside his closed coffin. His mother had already broken down and was kneeling on the ground, clutching onto his father as if he was her air, her life support. His siblings stood there, staring ahead with faces made of stone.

There were other people too, but I didn't know how he knew them. I think a few of them were servants of the palace he'd met through his job. But other than that, the rest were complete strangers to me.

The coffin was beautiful, I supposed. I was certain it was highly expensive, but money wasn't something to worry about for this event. The coffin was a black glass one, chosen by his family, that reflected pained faces and hovered just above the hole it would lay in for the rest of the days.

I bowed my head, saying soft words of respect to him before I left. His death had been my fault, no matter how much others tried convincing me that I would only disappoint him with the thought. They said he'd want to be honored, not leave behind a mark of guilt.

But no matter how hard I tried thinking about that, guilt was sure to slip back in like a cold. It had told me it wasn't going away any time soon, and I surely believed it.

I made my way to the palace that was completely empty except for a few people. It was odd hearing it so quiet, so still. I never thought it could go like this, without movement, for a second, but here it was, surrounding me.

The journey to my destination was a lonely one but seemed too quick. I used the key I was given to open up the steel door that groaned with reluctance as I stepped in. I was sure to close it behind me, hearing it lock automatically.

I walked slowly, knowing any element of surprise had escaped the second I opened the door. I was sure he was expecting me as it was, knowing exactly what I wanted.

I found who I wanted, chained by the neck and arms like a dog. No matter who it was, it still sickened me to see a werewolf chained up. It wasn't as natural as humans were trying to make it.

His long hair had been cut much shorter, and I found myself feeling reminiscent when looking at him. It was hard to believe we'd gone from laughing in one another's arms to me barely being able to look at him.

His amber eyes were watching me, little expression in them. What I was sure of was that there wasn't a shred of regret lying there or hidden somewhere on his face.

"I've been waiting for you," he murmured, and I finally stopped when I was directly in front of him.

Without knowing it was going to happen, my hand flew out, catching air along the way before it met Nolan's face with a sharp sound. His head whipped back, showing the red impression, but he didn't make a single noise.

"You deserve so much more," I whispered as he met my eyes once again, not a trace of hatred to be found.

"For what? For fighting for what I believe is right? Or what about fighting for what I desired most?" He easily replied, and I was quick to snap at him.

"No, Nolan! You deserve worse for all of those people you slaughtered along the way! They were great people who didn't have to die. They had their entire lives in front of them."

I knew none of this would change Nolan's perspective of the situation. In his eyes, he'd only done what was required of him to get what he wanted.

"That's exactly why I'll find pleasure in yours," I said, running my nail along his jaw before it dug in, drawing out blood. I was rewarded by the satisfying tightening of his jaw.

I started to walk off, but Nolan spoke again, a chill crawling up my spine. "You know, I attempted to visit you at home, not knowing you were here. It's how I found out about your capture: through your dad."

"What did you do?" I whispered, closing my eyes as I tried to remain calm despite my increasingly violent thoughts.

"Nothing, darling. I wouldn't do something to harm you. I simply wanted to see my flower again, but when I tried, no one answered the door," he stopped, waiting for me to move, to do something. However, when I didn't, he continued.

"So I stepped inside and found your dad. Your mom must've been at the market or something because she wasn't there. But I found your dad there, sitting on your bed looking around as if he'd lost his heart.

When he noticed me, he grew angry. I knew he never liked me, but this was something else. I suppose it was because his only child had been taken, and he need someone to place the blame on other than himself. Whatever the reason, he was seething with hatred.

He immediately blamed me for your disappearance. He said you would've never been so prideful had it not been for me. You would've never agreed to go into the forest. You would've thought wisely, he said.

I attempted to tell him I would find and rescue you, but he wouldn't listen. Since your disappearance, the werewolves in town were on edge, which explained why he had a gun."

Nolan's confession made me lean against the wall for support, trying to control my rapid breathing. This wasn't happening; it wasn't.

"Darling, what was I supposed to do? He had a gun pointed at me, and all I did was defend myself," he said tenderly, realizing the effect his claims had.

"I hope you suffer before they send you to hell where you belong," I said shakily.

I walked away, unable to face him after that. I knew I would kill him myself if I did, but he deserved worse, which was exactly what they had in plan for him. It was the only thing stopping me. But before leaving, I heard, "I'll see you again, my darling flower, on better terms, I hope."

My vision was blurring, and I had to bite back the tears to keep myself from stumbling as I ran out the palace and into the welcoming forest. I quickly shifted, happily running, racing the wind that dried my tears away.

I found myself standing in front of the last place I planned to visit today, seeking any comfort and a slight chance to escape reality. I was let in without question, and a smiling redhead handed me clothing, which I put on.

I walked through the halls, peering inside the last room. The patient was grinning from his bed, laughing as a woman talked to him. I walked in, receiving smiles from both of them.

"It took you long enough to visit me!" Lex teased, and Raelynn rolled her eyes at her fiancé.

"I didn't want to watch you two love birds," I replied, which didn't stop Lex from laughing.

Raelynn's face turned soft as she asked, "How was the funeral? We would've gone, but they told Lex he wasn't allowed to leave yet since he isn't fully healed."

"It was what you're picturing but worse," I said, and they both gave me identical looks of sympathy.

"It wasn't your fault, sweetheart," Raelynn said, and I gave her a brief smile.

I sighed before saying, "I should probably go." So we parted ways, and I found myself sitting on the bench outside the hall, my throat closing up as I put my head in my hands.

His death was my fault. If I'd stayed home instead of going into the forest, Nolan might have been there with me, and everyone he killed, alive. I should've realized being so arrogant would only hurt others in the process.

"Were you going to enter or were you going to sit there and continue to act as if I did not save you?"

I looked up and met a pair of blue eyes that were filled with sparkling amusement. For once, I didn't want to choke him for it but wanted to hug him.

It was odd seeing him in a hospital gown when I was so used to seeing him in formal suits. I could tell he felt uncomfortable in it by the way he kept trying to move it around. I was surprised there wasn't a nurse yelling at him for leaving his room.

I did exactly what I wanted, standing up and startling him as I wrapped my arms around him and buried my head into his shoulder, feeling him wince at the pressure. But I refused to let go of him yet.

I could feel the tears swimming back, everything hitting me. I knew Kendall could feel them running down his back by the way he squeezed me lightly with one arm and whispered sweet words into my ear, pressing his lips against it as he did so.

"I'm sorry, Kendall. I'm sorry for what I did and about Lance's death and . . ." I trailed off, choking on the words. I wasn't one to cry, but this was all too much.

I felt his finger lightly guide my chin up so my eyes met his once again. "Love, Lance's death was no one's fault but the werewolf who murdered him. And he died in battle as he desired. He said if he didn't, he was a failed soldier.

As for your actions, I thought it was clear I forgave you when I took a bullet for you." His voice turned teasing at the end, and I lightly hit his chest as my eyes narrowed. He hissed, and I gave him a sweet smile.

"Keep going. I dare you," I mumbled, nipping at his ear before resting my head on his shoulder once again. His chest vibrated with his soft laughter before it was cut off when he received pain in return.

Kendall's arms finally wound around me, giving me the comfort I'd come here for. His scent surrounded me, reminding me how much he smelled and felt like home. In a way, Kendall was my home, and I found myself smiling at that.

I felt his lips on my hair before they turned into a smile as he said, "Marry me, my love."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

680 24 8
Aidan was sure he knew himself inside and out. But it all changes when he discovers there might be other ways he'd prefer men to act toward him. In p...
1.1M 37.4K 88
Saving Leah Series Book 7 "So what do you admire most about women?" I ask the man as he sips on his coffee. He smirks as he sets his cup down, actin...
1.3M 33.2K 26
"When will you learn that being a so-called 'rebel' won't get you anywhere?" "It got me here, didn't it?" Rebecca McCall is finally coming home after...
695K 23.5K 34
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED but it will be HEAVILY EDITED and have things added to it in the future. I wrote this book when I was much younger. I didn't e...