I'll Help You « Michael × Eva...

Od Obsessively_nerdy

(So... pretend that Evan "attempted" at the beginning of the year-ish, instead of summer. For the story. ;)) ... Více

-Chapter One-
-Chapter Two-
-Chapter Four-
-Chapter Four ½-
-Chapter Five-
-Chapter Six-
-Chapter Six ½-
-Chapter Seven-
-Chapter Seven ½-
-Chapter Eight-
-Chapter Nine-
-Chapter Nine ½-
-Chapter Nine ¾-
🌼Smol A/N🌼
-Chapter 10-

-Chapter Three-

151 6 10
Od Obsessively_nerdy

~That guy from our school, Jared Kleinman? YES! THE INSANELY COOL JARED KLEINMAN!!!~

T.W: Mention of suicide attempt, crude jokes (obviously. It has Jared in it) and Beetlejuice spoilers

A few minutes after Michael got home and up to his room, his phone went off. He looked at his notifications, seeing a text from an unknown number.

'Hey! Is this Michael? It's Evan.'

Michael instantly brightened, saving the contact name as 'Ev🌳.'

'Sup Ev! Yeah, it's Michael.'

'Oh! Great! I was wondering if maybe you could start picking me up for school and drop me off from now on? If it's too much trouble that's fine. I was just wondering.'

'Sounds great Evan! I can definitely do that. Should I start tomorrow?'

'That's perfect. Thanks so much!'

After exchanging addresses and discussing times that would work out the best for them, the two boys signed off. Michael's moms got home soon after, and he ran downstairs.

"Hey mom! Hey mama!"

"Hey Mikey! How was your day?" his mom asked.

He ignored the fact that he froze for a second, and smiled.

"Just great."

"Oh hun, that's awesome! I'm about to make dinner, and it'll be ready in about a half an hour. Sound good?"

Michael smiled at his mama with a nod, and raced back upstairs. He plopped onto his bed, turning on his music and smiling. Today was a good day.

And little did he know, Evan was thinking the same thing.

~~~

The next day Michael woke up a little earlier, in order to pick Evan up on time. He threw his signature red sweatshirt and quickly combed through his hair. His usual morning routine.

He ran out the door, grabbing a piece of toast and saying bye to his moms. Once he got into his car he shot a text to Evan saying 'Be there in 10!' The acorn texted back a '👍☺' and he smiled before pulling out of the driveway.

Michael honked his horn once when he pulled up to Evan's, smiling once he took in the view of the house. It was light blue, and two trees in the front; one big with red leaves and the other small with green bristles. Probably a pine. The building was tiny and peaceful with two stories, a mahogany red door standing tall at the front.

Evan ran out, backpack slung over his shoulder and Michael's name obvious on his cast. That made Michael flush for some reason, and he couldn't quite place. The tree boi plopped into the passenger seat, smile spread across his face.

"You ready to get this show on the road?" Michael asked happily.

"Yup!" Evan giggled.

Michael smiled, and pulled out of the driveway.

"Hey! We can already start listening to the Beetlejuice soundtrack!" Michael grinned excitedly, turning on the Prologue.

Evan nodded with a chuckle, looking out the window and listening.

"Dang. This is sad," he muttered at the end of the song.

"Don't worry. It's just as funny as it is sad."

"That better be true. Because I could use some humor right about now," he giggles.

Michael smiles, and instantly lightens up when 'The Whole "Being Dead" Thing' turns on, already snapping to the beat. Evan smiled at his enthusiasm, already laughing at some of the jokes in the song. Michael couldn't help but start to sing along, loudly at that. The thing is; he didn't even notice.

Evan's eyes widened at Michael's confidence, and smiled brighter. It was a nice feeling knowing that Michael was comfortable around him. There was this one note that the slushie boi hit with such power it mad Evan's eyes bulge out of his sockets. He wasn't paying attention to the song anymore; he was listening to Michael's voice.

"God I hope you're ready for-"

That's when Michael realized what he was doing, and stopped himself. Right at the end. He sang through the whole song except for the last four words.

"O-oh geez, I'm sorry Ev," he muttered, pausing the music.

His cheeks were flushed red as he parked into the students area.

"W-what are you sorry for?! Micha, you should be on Broadway! Your voice is amazing!"

"Heh, Evan. That's really sweet of you, but I don't think-"

"Nope! I-it's the truth! D-don't try to deny it!" Evan interrupted, climbing out of the car.

Michael snickered, shaking his head and getting out of the car with him.

"I bet your voice is so much better, Ev," he smiled as they walked into the building.

Evan shook his head, clutching onto his backpack strap.

"You haven't even heard my voice!"

"Yet. And besides, I can tell. Now. Why don't you show me where your locker is? That way I can meet you there before lunch?"

Evan nodded, a light red hue dusting across his cheeks at the thought of Michael hearing his voice.

"Y-yeah! Sure!"

He walked his normal path to his locker, smiling and unlocking it. Michael scanned the hallway quickly, memorizing where the tree boi's locker was, and turned back to him.

"Alright. I gotta go. See ya at lunch?"

Evan slammed his locker shut, flinching at the noise and turning around with a nod.

"I-I just wish we had more classes together," he muttered, shifting on his feet anxiously.

Michael frowned, and placed his hand on Evan's shoulder.

"Me too. But you'll be okay. If you need me we can text, and/or meet in the bathroom. Why don't you tell me a cover story if someone asks about your arm? Just to practice?"

Evan nodded, looking up at Michael.

"My... f-friend and I were climbing a tree, and a branch snapped when I grabbed onto it. So I fell," he muttered.

"Great," Michael smiled. "Okay. I'm gonna go now. I'll meet you here before lunch, alright?"

The acorn nodded again, but unsurely.

"I won't ditch ya. I promise," Michael reassured, starting to walk away. "And I don't break my promises!"

That seemed to make Evan calm down a bit, and with a smile, he walked off to class too.

~~~

At lunch Michael grabbed some food from home out of his locker, closing it and quickly walking to where he said he would meet Evan. But then Michael laid eyes on someone he didn't think he would see in a while.

"Jeremy?"

But then something even weirder happened. It's like his gaze just ghosted right through him; like Jeremy didn't even see him at all. It was weird seeing him like that; his normal attire gone, curly and unruly hair combed back slightly. And while he looked more confident and comfortable in his own skin... his eyes said otherwise.

They weren't his normal lively blue shade. They were like a dull livid. That's a color; look it up. Jeremy just... didn't look like Jeremy anymore. And to say Michael was worried would be an understatement.

The slushie boi shook his head, attempting to clear his head and put on his headphones. Maybe Heathers will make him feel better.

When he walked up to Evan's locker, his brows furrowed. There was some... guy talking to him, and Evan was obviously uncomfortable. Michael paused his music, leaving them to hang off his neck.

"So. Who's the guy?" the kid asked.

"W-what guy?" Evan asked while opening his locker.

Michael stayed behind a corner nearby, listening to the conversation. Yeah, it was wrong to eavesdrop, but Michael just wanted to know what this kid was up to. If Evan was getting bullied, he knew he wouldn't tell anyone.

"Michael."

"O-oh, Michael? He's just a close friend of m-mine."

Michael smiled. 'Close friend?' God he's so adorable.

...No homo

"Really? You sure you guys aren't secret gay lovers or something?"

Michael's face went beet red, and he's pretty sure Evan's did too.

"W-w-what?! Jared! No! Of course not!"

Yup. Definitely blushing.

"Yeah, yeah. But what about Zoe? Didn't you have a thing for her?" he teased further.

Evan's brows furrowed.

"I did! I told you! Michael and I are just friends!"

Jared scoffed, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Yup. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Oh. How did you break your arm anyways? You're daily jacking off got a little too intense?" he snorted.

Michael tensed, about to step in and sneering in disgust.

"Jared, No!" Evan sighed. "I-I kinda fell from a tree."

Jared interrupted him with a snort, and Evan glanced away in embarrassment while shutting his locker.

"You fell from a tree? What are you, an acorn?"

Michael stepped out from the corner, wrapping his arm around Evan's shoulders, and Jared blinking in surprise.

"As much as I love that nickname, that's a bit out of line... Jared, was it?"

Evan's eyes widened, but he was visibly less tense.

"Yeah, Jared. And you're Michael, I'm guessing?"

Michael nodded, and cleared his throat.

"Well, Jared. If you have any important information, want to sign Evan's cast, or, better yet, have something nice to say, go right ahead! But we've got to get to lunch, so if you could make it quick, that would be great."

Jared stood there in disbelief, not able to get a word out.

"That's what I thought. Come on, Ev."

Michael walked off with Evan, Jared starting to snicker.

"Yeah. They're totally gay for each other."

"So, I take it that's the family friend?" Michael asked as the two stepped outside.

"Yeah... y'know, y'you didn't have to do that, Micha."

Michael shrugged.

"But he was low-key being a dick. I just wanted to make sure he knew that."

The bois walked to the tree, Evan leading the way. Once they sat down they both leaned against it.

"So... who's Zoe?" Michael smirked.

Now. For knowing Evan for almost two days, Michael understood him pretty well. He was expecting a flushed, stuttery mess. But all he got was a shrug.

"I mean a girl I... kinda..? Had a crush on."

"'Had?'"

"Y-yeah? My emotions are just... so haywire right now. It's so weird. I've had a crush on her for... three years now? And I'm just randomly starting to lose feelings. I think I still like her a bit... but like... I don't know," he sighed.

Michael nodded.

"When did you start to lose feelings?"

"Just now, really. Like... now that I'm thinking about it."

Michael raised an arched brow.

"And you're positive you're... moving on?"

"I don't know Michael," he exhaled. "Just now that I'm thinking about her I r-really just have a desire to be her friend. I don't know," he rambled, putting his hands in his face.

The slushie boi quickly sat in front of him, placing his hand on his shoulder.

"Ev, it's okay. Just put her in the back of your head. She's the last thing you need to worry about right now. And if you don't like her anymore? That 's fine. You don't need a crush. I don't have one right now," he pointed out.

Evan smiled, looking up at Michael.

"Thanks Michael."

"'Course! Now, let's finish the Beetlejuice soundtrack."

Evan nodded, leaning so their shoulders were touching and looking up at the sky with a smile. Michael played 'Ready Set, Not Yet,' looking over at the acorn. He saw Evan tap his fingers to the beat, still smiling up at the sky.

"Barbara is probably m-my favorite character," he chuckled.

"I like Barbara too! But I think my favorite has gotta be Lydia."

"Ready?"

"Oh yeah. Her voice? And how relatable her character is!"

Evan giggled with a nod.

"Y-yeah, I can see that."

When Barbara and Adam fell through the floorboards, though, Evan's eyes widened.

"W-wait, what?"

"See I wasn't kidding it's a show about death," Michael sang along with Beetlejuice, pointing slightly at Evan.

The boys looked at each other, and keened over with laughs.

"Wait... so Barbara and Adam just... die?"

Michael confirmed Evan's question with a nod.

"B-but they had their whole life ahead of them! That's not-"

"Just like you do, Ev," Michael interrupted softly.

Evan looked up at Michael in confusion, before his eyes watered in realization.

"Y-you're right," he muttered.

He sighed, looking away.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I..."

Michael adjusted himself so he was facing Evan again, shaking his head.

"Everyone has their bad moments, Evan. I just want to make sure you know you can talk to me. And that you matter. You attempted. There's nothing to apologize for. I just want to make sure you end up okay. And be your friend, obviously," he smiled.

Evan sniffed, and nodded with a bright grin.

"Thanks Micha. I'll be okay. It means a lot that you're helping."

"Of course, Ev. You'll always have me, alright?"

Evan nodded again with a chuckle, looking at Michael's phone, waiting for the next song.

Michael noticed Evan waiting and quickly played 'The Whole "Being Dead" Thing Part Two' with a slight laugh, only one question swarming in his head.

'Is it bad that I wanted to hold his hand?'

2187 words

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

67.4K 2.3K 20
Sapnap wants a break from his life and meets a boy who wants to aswell. They both hangout together until sapnap begins to develop feelings. DISCLAIME...
39.6K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...
16.1K 1.1K 200
idfk what i'm doing i'm just going to put shitposts here for bmc and deh heere. MUAHAHAHAHA I KNOW THE TITLE ISNT CENTERED IN THE COVER HAHAHAHAHAH i...
6.1K 462 20
"If only I hadn't fall in love..........." An unreported medical error caused Jeff's mother's sudden death....... 12 years later, the time for vegean...