Clementine x Child Male Reade...

By odini210

You lived a simple life as a kid, you had perfect parents that would do anything for your benefit. Everything... More

All Hell Breaks Loose!
Meeting Her
Just Some Guy
The Boat God Himself
One Of Them Is Bitten!
Family Is What You Make It
You Sunk My Battleship
Save One, Save Another
Starved For Help (edited)
Best Friends Forever
The Hard Choices
Long Road Ahead
Lose One, Lose Another
New Life Lessons And Greetings
Molly
The Kid In The Attic

Welcome to Savannah

1.7K 48 16
By odini210

Once the train reaches Savannah, the group abandons the train and make their way into the deserted city, the atmosphere was tense as the group walked through the street with their weapons in hand, eyes peeled for any walkers or unfriendly people.

With Omid injured, the group had to walk at a slow pace so he could keep up with them, much to Kenny's disliking, who kept insisting they speed this up.

Y/N takes note of all the discarded trash and newspapers left out on the road before approaching a big house with a gate, realising the house looked empty he carries on walking.

Clementine walks aside Lee and sees the walkie talkie strapped to his belt. "Can't I just hold it?" She asks him, Lee just looks at her disappointed and carries on. Just yesterday he and Kenny found out Clementine's walkie talkie works and she was talking to a stranger, saying how he had her parents with him, sick bastard was influencing her to come to him. "Just for a little while? We're getting really close to where my mom and dad are, maybe I can--"

"Not now, Clementine. Right now I need you to focus and keep your attention on the street." Lee tells her and turns to Y/N. "Same goes for you as well." He tells him.

"Sure Lee." Y/N says loading up his revolver.

"How's Omid?" Lee asks.

"His leg's hurt pretty bad." Christa replies.

"I'm fine." Omid insists as Christa frowns. "You're not fine, you need to rest." Christa tells him and turns to Lee. "He needs to stop and rest up."

"Kenny, how much further to the river front?" Lee asks as Kenny looks back. "Should be just a few more blocks up ahead." Kenny replies quitely.

"Will there be boats there?" Christa asks. "Sure as hell better be..." Lee says. "There'll be boats. Have to be, have to be." Kenny says holding out hope, they could do with some right now.

"I trust Kenny. If he says there's boats, there's boats." Y/N says, giving Kenny some reassurance and hope. "Me too." Clementine chimes in smiling.

Just then, the Church bells start to chime as the group halts to a stop. "What the hell...?" Ben asks, confused as everyone looks around. Lee looks at the Church roof and sees the big bell moving from side to side.

"Maybe this city's not so dead after all..." Christa remarks. "Keep moving. No one's ringing that bell, it's automatic, on a timer." Kenny tells them as Lee looks at his watch on his left wrist.

"What kind of church bell goes off at twenty past the hour?" Lee asks him, before Kenny could respond, Lee looks up at the church and sees someone running across the roof and jumping down on the opposite side. "Someone's up there!" Lee exclaims.

"Are you sure? I don't see anything." Ben asks him. "I know what I saw. I'm telling you it was someone, the one messing with the bells." Lee explains before they hear static coming from the radio.

"If I were you, I'd get out of the street. Now." A voice warns them before ending the call.

"I thought you said that thing didn't work." Christa asks, Lee doesn't reply and presses the button to speak back. "Who the hell is this?! Hello? Hello? I said answer me!" Lee exclaims, getting no reply and only static.

The group look at Lee in worry, now realising that there was someone out there who knew of their presence here. Now, there was no hiding.

"What the hell was that? Is someone trying to fuck with us?" Omid asks. "Sounded more like a warning..." Ben says nervously as Chuck looked back behind them.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls...." Chuck says as Kenny turns to him. "What are you yammerin' on about?" Kenny asks as everyone turns around and sees a big group of walkers making their way over to you. "It tolls for thee..." Chuck finishes.

"Everybody, RUN!!!" Lee shouts as Kenny aims his pistol at one of the walkers and fires, killing it instantly before the group starts running.

Some walkers manage to cut Y/N, Clementine and Ben off and trap them up against the wall as they slowly approached. Clementine clutches onto Y/N's arm as he takes out his gun and kills some of the walkers.

"Ben, where's your-" Y/N says, only to watch as Ben ran away, leaving him and Clementine to fend for themselves. "You son of a bitch!" Y/N calls out before hearing Clementine's whimpering cries, he then grabs Clementine by the arm and pushes her to safety, unfortunately himself was still in danger as walker backed you up against the wall.

"Y/N!" Clementine cries out, reaching out with her hand. "No!" Lee says running over. Just then, Chuck comes up behind a walker and smashes it across the back of its head with his shovel.

Y/N runs out of harm before Clementine and Lee hug him tight, glad he was safe as Chuck stabs the walker in the chest. "Get them the hell out of here! I'll catch up with you!" Chuck tells Lee as they exchange nods, Lee then grabs Clementine's hand as the three of them run to safety.

"Move your asses! River Street's right up ahead!" Kenny shouts as the others approach him. "That's not all..." Ben says as Kenny looks back and sees more walkers approaching them. "Oh, gimme a fucking break!" Kenny exclaims as Christa looks around.

"Wait, where the hell's Chuck?" Christa asks as everyone looks back and sees Chuck facing off against some walkers. "Shit, he's in trouble! We gotta help him!" Omid says as Chuck hits a walker to the ground, Kenny looks back and sees the walkers approaching them closer. "There's no time! We gotta go, now!" Kenny shouts

"I'll be fine! Just go!" Chuck insists as the group starts to run down the street, away from the herd and leaving Chuck to fend for himself.

----

Eventually, the group reaches a big abandoned house with a small passageway on the side. Kenny leads the group to the back garden and holds the gate open for them.

"I'll get the door." Kenny says as he runs over to the backdoor. "Gaaaaaaah!" Omid cries out in pain as he falls to the ground and lands on his injured leg hard, Lee closes the gate behind them as he turns to the others.

"Everybody alright?" Lee asks them as Omid sits up against the wall. "Ugh.... yeah." Omid replies, hissing at the pain as Christa kneels down beside him. "You opened up your wound, you're bleeding!" Christa exclaims as Omid looks her in the eyes with a frown. "Shit, that's gonna get infected. We've got to get him inside, clean him up!"

Lee nods and turns to Kenny. "Kenny, how's that door coming?" He asks as Kenny turns to him. "I'm working on it, I'm working on it!" Kenny replies annoyed.

"Well work faster, will you? It won't be long before those things outside figure out where we went. You know they can smell blood!" Christa exclaims. "Lady, I ain't the one who's bleeding!" Kenny fires back as Christa glares at him with anger.

"Calm down, both of you. Now is not the time for this. Let me see if I can find us a way in. That work for everyone?" Lee asks them, raising his hands slightly as a gesture to calm down. "Fine..." Kenny mutters and turns back to the door.

As Lee starts to go around talking to the others and investigating for any entry points, Y/N sits against the wall next to Clementine, who was looking out through the gate.

"It's okay, Clem. We're safe here, for now anyway." Y/N reassures her. "Do you think they saw us come back here?" Clementine asks him worried. "No, they didn't. They're just dumb, and slow, plus they can't open doors like animals."

"We used to have a pet hamster. One night, he figured out how to open the door to his cage. And then, when we woke up, he had eaten half a box of cookies." Clementine tells him. "I, uh, don't think this is quite the same, Clem." Y/N replies snickering. "Yeah, but this time, we're the cookies." Clementine says with worry.

"Sit with me, Clem. Trust me, Lee will find us a way in." Y/N says patting the spot next to him, Clementine thinks for a moment before she takes a seat next to him. Y/N smiles as she rests her head on his shoulder. The two kids sat in silent as they enjoy each other's company.

"Y/N?"

"Hmm?"

"Why did you push me out of the way and not yourself?" Clementine asks, raising her head slightly. Y/N sighs and takes off his dad's hat.

"Because I thought that only one of us would be able to make it, and if that was the case then.... I would want you to make it first, so you could see your parents again." Y/N admits quietly, Clementine frowns slightly.

"What about you?" Clementine asks confused as Y/N frowns and lowers his head. "I have nothing left, Clementine. My family is gone... I am the last of them." Y/N replies, feeling tears well up in his eyes as he sobs quietly.

"You have me..." Clementine says with a smile on her face as she places her hand on his hand and squeezes it gently, Y/N smiles back as the two of them hug. "You're my best friend, Y/N."

"You're my best friend too, Clementine. Always."

"Damnit!" Kenny exclaims, drawing everyone's attention. "Door's locked tight, same goes for the doggy door. Who the hell ever heard of a locked doggy door anyway?"

"I have," Omid chimes in. "My neighbour had one just like it, the dog wore a collar so everytime they got close, it would open."

"Well shit, every day is a school day." Kenny says shaking his head and smirking.

"So, where's the dog?" Y/N asks, looking around the yard for even a clue for the little canine before finding something that confirmed his suspicions. "Oh, found him...." He says gloomily.

"I got it." Lee says with a shovel in hand, he approaches the grave and takes a deep breath before plunging the shovel into the dirt, letting a disgusting smell free from down below.

"Oh god, the smell." Ben says, covering his mouth in disgust.

"What's down there?" Clementine asks curiously, Lee gives her a look and sighs.
"Nothing. Clem, Y/N, go back to Omid and Christa." Lee tells them.

"But I want to--"

"Just do what I say, okay?" Lee cuts her off, causing Clementine to frown as she goes back to Omid and Christa, sitting down next to Y/N.

After he dug up the hole, Lee then reaches down for the dog collar but struggles to pull it off, catching him off guard the head of the dog falls off as Lee stumbles a bit.

"Okay, that is so not cool!" Ben exclaims as Christa throws up behind him and starts coughing.

"Are you okay?" Clem asks with concern, Christa wipes her mouth and gives the curly haired girl a reassuring smile.

"I'm fine, honey, it's just the smell." Christa assures her.

Omid gives her a concerned look, not feeling reassured from her answer. "Are you sure? Maybe it was--"

"I said I'm fine, okay?" Christa cuts him off quickly, Omid frowns but doesn't push on.

Lee picks up the dog collar and walks over to the doggy door, kneeling down next to it as he waves the collar around, activating the sensor making the light turn green.

"Yes! Goddamn." Kenny exclaims happily. Lee then kneels down and looks inside.

"See anything in there?" Ben asks him.

"No. Looks like it's been empty for a while..." Lee replies, he tries to reach from the door handle from the inside but it was out of reach. "Gah! It's no use, I can't reach..." He says, placing a hand on his head.

"Here, let me try. I think I can-" Ben tries saying before Clementine starts crawling inside, causing everyone to look in shock.

"Clem! You alright?" Y/N asks with concern, he starts feeling anxious when he gets no reply.

"Clem! Goddamn, answer me!" Lee shouts. Just then, they hear a click as the door opens and Clementine steps outside.

"Ta da!" Clementine exclaims, sticking her hands in the air with a happy look on her face.

"Good job, Clem!" Lee praises.

"Yeah, way to go." Ben joins in as Kenny nods his head, smiling at Clementine. Y/N smiles and gives her the thumbs up.

"I did good, right?" Clem asks, smiling with pride. Lee smiles and kneels down to her level.

"Yes you did, you did good." Lee tells her, smiling at the little girl.

"Can we maybe have this conversation inside? My let's starting to hurt like hell." Omid says, groaning as Christa helps him stand.

Kenny walks inside and inspect the house, realising that his suspicions on the house being empty were correct, for  now. "Looks okay in here, everybody in." He says as everyone enters the house.

Hope ye enjoyed :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 2.6K 77
You were eight when the dead began their reign. It happened in the blink of an eye, and the world around you was unprepared. The walkers simply ascen...
262K 5.9K 76
You are a boy whose father deserted you and your mother when you were only 5 years old. Your mother had to work late hours and decided it would be be...
16.1K 443 48
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF TELLTALES CHARACTERS OR GAMES. In these stories I'm gonna make Clem more emotional because unlike the games she has someone to t...
1.6K 73 22
Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who was on his way to jail when the undead started to rise, making him get a second chance at life. Soon he meets...