Daughter of Mine | Harry Pott...

By BriBarajas

Lalia Black lives with her father Remus at his home, where he has taught her. The only other people she sees... More

Cast
Part I.
Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
Part II.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
Updates
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
Author's Note
XXX.
XXXI.
Heart of Yours

XII.

3.3K 96 27
By BriBarajas

Hermione had made up with the boys and began eating meals at the Gryffindor table again. She had explained that they reconciled over their need to help Hagrid, who she was informed had lost his trial. 

Lalia began feeling anger at her uncle, who was behind the trial. She could not understand what him and her cousin were gaining from hurting poor Hagrid and an innocent animal. 

The next time she saw the trio was in Divination class when they sat down at a table with a crystal ball full of pearly white mist. 

"I thought we weren't starting crystal balls until next term," Ron muttered. 

"Don't complain, this means we've finished palmistry," Harry muttered back. "I was getting tired of her flinching every time she looked at my hands." 

Lalia smiled softly at the poor boy. 

"Good day to you! I have decided to introduce the crystal ball a little earlier than I had planned," said Professor Trelawney. "The fates have informed me that your examination in June will concern the Orb, and I am anxious to give you sufficient practice." 

Hermione snorted. 

"Well, honestly ... 'the fates have informed her' .. who sets the exam? She does! What an amazing prediction!" 

Ron, Harry, and Lalia choked back their laughs. Unlike Hermione, Lalia believed in seers and divination, but found it hard to believe that Trelawney had been gifted with sight. 

"Crystal gazing is a particularly refined art," she said dreamily. "I do not expect any of you to See when you first peer into the Orb's infinite depths. We shall start by practicing relaxing the conscious mind and external eyes" - Ron began to snigger uncontrollably and stuffed his mouth to stifle the noise - "so as to clear the Inner Eye and the subconscious. Perhaps, if we are lucky, some of you will See before the end of the class."

They all started into their crystal balls, attempting to clear their minds and will an image to show itself to them. 

"Seen anything yet?" Harry asked them. 

"Yeah, there's a burn on this table," said Ron, pointing. "Someone's spilled their candle."

"This is such a waste of time," Hermione hissed. "I could be practicing something useful. I could be catching up on Cheering Charms -" 

Professor Trelawney walked past them. 

"Would anyone like me to help them interpret the shadowy portents within their Orb?" she asked. 

"I don't need help," Ron whispered. "It's obvious what this means. There's going to be loads of fog tonight." 

The group burst out laughing. 

"Now, really!" said Professor Trelawney. Parvati and Lavender were looking scandalized. "You are distracting the clairvoyant vibrations!" She approached their table and peered into their crystal ball. 

"There is something here!" Professor Trelawney whispered. "Something moving ... but what is it?" 

"My dear ... ," Professor Trelawney breathed, turning her gaze to Harry. "It is here, plainer than ever before ... my dear, stalking toward you, growing ever closer ... the Gr -"

Lalia had gasped as the fog in the crystal before her shifted. No one paid her any mind though as Hermione protested to the teacher. 

Lalia's face had paled significantly as she watched the figure of a black dog approach Harry, Ron, and Hermione. If her suspicions were correct, the dog was not a Grim, but something far worse.

Her eyes were pushed away from the ball when Hermione stood and nudged her shoulder. 

"Fine! I give up! I'm leaving!" Hermione strode over to the trapdoor, kicked it open, and climbed down the ladder out of sight. 

Lavender reminded the professor of her prediction of one of the students leaving us forever.  Lalia paid no mind, however. She stared into the Orb again, willing it to show her the image again or any image. 

She gaze didn't leave the ball until she heard Harry's soft voice. 

"Lalia, are you okay? You look really pale," he said. Both boys were looking at her. 

"Yeah, fine. Thought I saw something, but I think I'm just so bored that I imagined it," she said shakily. she willed herself to believe that she imagined it at the Orb remained misty for the rest of class.

Lalia's Easter holdiay was filled with work, but even with the massive workload she attempted to find her father to ask him the questions that were bugging her. Unfortunately for her, he had gotten quite good at avoiding her. He even managed to disappear after his class so she couldn't question him then. 

After walking to his office for what felt like the hundredth time that break, she decided to return to her common room to work on her homework again. 

Slytherin had won their match against Hufflepuff, putting the deciding match of the Quidditch Cup on the final match of the year between Slytherin and Gryffindor. Gryffindor had to win, but also by a specific amount of points if they wanted to win the Cup. 

Lalia was excited for the match, especially after Harry had promised to catch the snitch for her again.  The match was set to take place the weekend after Easter holidays and with her huge work load the break was rushing by. 

The next day Lalia was sitting at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall with Morag and Sue talking to Ginny and Hermione when the Gryffindor Quidditch team walked in earning applause from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Gryffindor. 

Harry sat down next to Lalia smiling at the girl before turning to listen to Oliver prepare them for the match. 

"Good luck, Harry!" said Cho, walking past Harry. 

Harry began blushing and Lalia glared dangerously at him. 

Taking a deep breath, she placed her hand on his shoulder causing him to turn to look at her. 

"Catch the snitch for me like you promised?" she said, fluttering her lashes. 

"Uh... uh, yeah," he said, blushing furiously. 

She leaned over and kissed his cheek before he stood rushing to follow Oliver out of the hall. 

She turned back to her friends with their eyebrows raised at her. 

"What! Oh, come on. I can't let her be in his head when he wins! Then where would I be," she huffed, crossing her arms. 

"Ah, jealousy," Morag laughed. Her laugh stopped and her face turned red as Neville dropped into a seat across from her causing the other girls around her to laugh. 

They settled into the stands together, talking about their weekend plans. 

"And here are the Gryffindors!" yelled Lee Jordan, causing Lalia to jump to her feet to cheer for the team. She had no personal problems with the Slytherin team, her cousin being on it and all, but it was simply the team that Snape supported and she could never be on the same side as that horrid man. Plus, Harry and the Weasleys swayed her favor also. 

The captains shook hand and Madam Hooch blew her whistle. The players shot in the air. The Gryffindors chasers wasted no time. Angelina scoring fairly early into the game, but then being smashed into by Slytherin captain, Marcus Flint. Fred flung his club at Flint's head earning both teams penalty points. 

Alicia made the penalty point and Wood stopped Slytherin's bringing the score to twenty-zero. 

Lalia glanced at Harry who was flying around watching the game and flickering his gaze to the air. She knew he had to wait for a substantial lead before catching the snitch if Gryffindor was to win the Cup. 

A Slytherin catcher purposefully grabbed Alicia's head instead of the Quaffle in her arms, earning Gryffindor another penalty shot, bringing the score to thrity-zero. 

The Bludgers focused their attention in on Harry, causing Lalia to gasp as he narrowly avoided the balls. The Beaters were flying at him while he stayed still worrying the girl until he pulled up at the last second causing them to collide with each other. Lalia jumped up again, whooping out a cheer for Harry. 

Flint scored against Wood, narrowing Gryffindor's lead back to twenty points. 

Slytherin's Beater hit Alicia in the face with his club and George Weasley retaliated by elbowing the Beater in the face, earning both teams another penalty shot. Katie made the shot and Wood made a spectacular save making the score forty-ten. 

Katie scored. Fifty-ten. Lalia glanced at Harry anxiously rubbing her hands. She missed the Beaters attacking Wood and earning Gryffindor another penalty shot. Angelina scored. Sixty-ten. Alicia stole the Quaffle from a Slytherin and scored again. Seventy- ten. 

The crowd was going crazy. Harry began searching for the Snitch wanting to end the match. Once he caught sight of it, he sped of; Malfoy who was tailing him followed. Harry felt his broom slow and looked back to see Malfoy holding the tail end of it. 

The snitch disappeared, but Gryffindor was given another penalty. Alicia missed the shot, her anger causing her to throw it too far to the left. 

Slytherin earned possession of the ball and scored making the score seventy-twenty. 

Angelina had the Quaffle, but was being followed closely by every Slytherin except Malfoy who was tailing Harry. Harry leaned on his broom and flew at the Slytherins scattering them as she shot. She scored. Eighty- twenty. 

Lalia had refused to sit back in her seat at this point, she was standing, cupping her mouth and screaming at the players on the pitch. "HARRY, THE SNITCH!" she screamed, watching her cousin chase it. 

When Harry looked back, he saw Malfoy diving after the gold ball. Wheeling around, Harry sped after him, willing himself to go faster. Harry dodged a Bludger sent his way, right behind Malfoy now. He threw his body farther forward on the broom, knocked Malfoy's arm out the way and wrapped his fingers around the ball before wheeling his broom up away from the ground. He held his arm in the air as cheers erupted around him. 

"He did it! He did it!" Lalia screamed, jumping and hugging her friends around her. "Gryffindor's won the Cup!" 

Hagrid had lifted Harry onto his shoulders and Lalia could see Professor McGonagall and Wood crying on the pitch. Lalia was beaming at the boy and when he looked at her, holding out the snitch to her and shrugging as if to say 'I did it for you', she smiled wider and blew the boy a massive kiss, flinging her arm as far back as she could. 

Lalia was pulled away from Harry's stare when Morag and Sue wrapped their arms around her again and they all began jumping and cheering for the end of Slytherin's Quidditch cup streak. 

The three girls waved goodbye to the three Gryffindors they had been accompanying, who obviously wanted to celebrate with their house, and headed towards Ravenclaw tower. 

"Harry was incredible!" Morag said enthusiastically. "The way the Firebolt caught up to Malfoy, unbelievable." 

"I know! And with that Bludger coming at him too!" Sue said, practically jumping on her toes. 

"But the most unbelievable part was definitely that massive kiss you blew him, when he offered you the snitch," Morag said, shimmying against Lalia.

Lalia laughed, the sound echoing in the halls. "He deserved it. He promised me he would catch it for me and he did," she said giggling. 

The girls had reached the entry way to their common room when Lalia saw a ghost standing around a corner waving to her. 

"Lalia, you coming?" Sue asked. Both girls stood in the open doorway, looking at their friend. 

"Um, actually. I have to go see my dad real fast. I'll catch up later." She turned around and they shrugged closing the door. 

After she heard the door close, Lalia ran after the floating figure of her uncle. 

"Tío Reg, wait!" she said, rushing after the man. 

She reached the end of a hallway and a doorway. She quickly opened it and rushed in to find a small empty classroom with only a chalkboard in it. 

Her uncle was leaning against the wall, well leaning the best a ghost could. 

"How has my favorite niece been?" he asked her suddenly. 

"I'm your only niece," she deadpanned. "And good, but I doubt that's why you made me follow you here. So what is it? What do you want?" 

"To ask you what you saw in the Orb," he said, staring out a window. 

Lalia gasped, staring at her uncle. 

"The - the Orb? How do you know I saw anything?" 

"I've been waiting for you to see something so we could have this conversation. So what was it?"

"A dog, a dog attacking Ron, Hermione, and Harry. But the dog... I think the dog is my dad," she said hesitantly. 

Regulus hummed in thought. "Hmm... have you ever seen anything before?" 

"No, never!"

"Not even in a dream?" he asked, raising his eyebrow at her. 

Lalia furrowed her brows not understanding him until she gasped, taking a step back. she thought of the stories she had heard about Harry Potter when she first arrived at Hogwarts and why they had sounded so familiar to her. 

"Harry..." she whispered. 

"What was that?" Regulus asked her, not hearing her. 

"I've had dreams about Harry before. I saw him and Ginny in the Chamber last year and I saw him facing Voldemort his first year and even before then before he was at Hogwarts. I use to see him at home," she said shaking. 

Regulus smiled at his niece. 

"Don't worry yet. You're okay. There's nothing wrong with this. Just start paying attention to them, okay?" he asked her. 

She nodded before looking at him. 

"Am I a seer?" she asked him. "Why are you able to tell me this now?"

"Because inside, you already knew the answer." He smiled. 

She glared at him wanting a clearer answer. 

"You'll learn eventually. For now just go back to your friends. And don't share what we talked about with anyone unless you're absolutely sure you can trust them."

"But how will I know?" 

"Oh, you'll know," he said, smiling at her before fading from her sight. 

With a sigh and a headache she didn't have before the conversation, Lalia turned around and headed back to the Ravenclaw common room. Her uncle's words were pounding in her head. Could she trust her dad or even Harry since the dreams were about him? Rubbing her face, she answered the riddle and stepped through the door. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 740 36
Sirius Black is starting his sixth year at Hogwarts. With all the abuse Sirius faces at home, all he really wants is a loving family. Sirius starts t...
3.6K 120 19
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.There is someone out there who thinks you're perfect and they will give you the world, the stars and everything in between・ 。゚☆: *...
57.7K 1.8K 16
────────────────── .˚ᵎ┊ 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗌 ⋆.ೃ࿔:・❝ 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠, 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔...
126K 4.9K 21
Maia Black, daughter of mass murderer, Sirius Black, is entering Hogwarts for her first time. After being guarded from the real world by her 'Uncle M...