His Effect [h.s] AU

By harrysinner

Josephine Clemonte balances her workaholic parents and her drug addicted twin brother who rebels any chance h... More

𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓
𝐉𝐚𝐪𝐮𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡*𝐭
𝐌𝐲 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞?
𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐉𝐨
𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞
𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧?
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐰𝐨?
𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐩, 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞?
𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐰?
𝐃𝐨 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬?
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫?
𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐢𝐠?
𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭
𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐨𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐭
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨
𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭?
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞
𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐀𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞
𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭?
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐝
𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲
𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭, 𝐉𝐨
𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐬
HIS EFFECT READERS
4
GET THE GIRL OFFICIAL TRAILER
GET THEM OFFICIAL TRAILER
TAINTED OFFICIAL TRAILER
CALIGINOUS OFFICIAL TRAILER

𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞

5.4K 172 28
By harrysinner

"Right," I say into the phone. "Tomorrow night?" Madi and I had been on the phone since twelve, talking about this party she wants to do when her parents leave to Michigan for a whole week.
As she's talking, I hear a noise downstairs making me sit up on my bed. "Madi, hold on I'll call you right back." I say before hanging up.

I assumed my parents were home but it was a Friday night and they usually never came home on the weekend, or ever for that matter. I turn on the lights before reaching the door, watching two male figures outside the glass door. When the doorknob rattles I jump. "Hello?" Four? I furrow my eyebrows as I look out the peephole to see Four with what looked like a drunk Jaque.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumble under my breath. I open the door before punching in the code to prevent the alarm from going off. This alarm has come in handy so many times whenever there's an attempt for a break in.

Or just my brother coming home drunk and forgetting to shut the alarm off. Cops have came here twice because of him.

"I've got your child." He says, clearly annoyed making me step aside for him to come in.

"Guys, I could really go for a pizza." Jaque slurs
making me shake my head as I lead Four up to his room. We throw him onto his bed and he groans. "I'm not tired!" Jaque says, slapping my hand away as I was about to put the blanket over him.

"Jaque, it's three in the morning and you're drunk. Go to sleep." I seethe but he only pushes me away and walks to his bathroom. I sigh in annoyance and push my hair away from my face.
"I didn't even notice he left." I say. I was busy studying for my chemistry exam all day. "How did he get there?"

"Thomas probably picked him up." Four shrugs.

"You mean you weren't there?"

"Why would I be there? Do I look like the type to party and get drunk?"

Is he serious? "Um, yes." I state, cringing when I hear Jaque start to puke in the bathroom. I take that as my cue to exit his room with Four behind me.

He closes the door. "That's very judgmental of you. I don't do those things, not for fun at least. I was only there last time because—" he stops himself. "You know what? That's none of your business."

I raise my eyebrows before I scoff and cross my arms. "Right, so thanks for bringing him."

"By the way, he spilled vodka on my favorite shirt because I tried to drag him out of there." He says. "On purpose."

"You sure do wear that black shirt often." He was always wearing black. "I can see why it'd be your favorite."

"It's called multiple black shirts. But I guess not everyone has a sense of style." He mocks me. It seems like all of our short conversations consist of us mocking each other. I wasn't sure how to feel about this.

"I'm glad that you took him out of that place." He's about to speak but I beat him to it. "Although, I don't know why you insist on taking care of him. He's not your responsibility. I mean, I know he's my responsibility but even I don't care that much."

He shrugs. "You seem like you have a lot on your hands." Our eyes meet and he corrects himself. "Dealing with him and all."

"You don't even know me, Four. What makes you say that?" I remark with the raise of my eyebrow.

"Has anyone ever told you you're pretty defensive?" He smirks. "And stubborn as fuck." He adds.

"And what's it to you?" I bite back.

"You know if we knew each other, we wouldn't be having conversations like this." Here we go again.

"You just don't give up, do you?" He was so persistent, I have never dealt with a guy like him before in my life. Not that I've had many experiences like this, I mean sure I've gone on dates I'm not a total prude. But it's a choice that I stay away from the idiots in high school.

"One thing you must know about me, Jo is I don't give up that easy." he says, reusing my words from yesterday. "You might as well give in and give me what I want."

"You're so annoying." I say making him shrug Before we both walk downstairs. He was right, he was basically helping me babysit Jaque—but for what reason exactly? This guy is new, he looks shady yet he's trying to befriend me and take me out.

Maybe there's no reason, maybe he's just being...nice?

There definitely was something more to this. Nobody is this friendly, especially someone who looks the way he does and is cousins with a drug dealer. I should really stop judging people so much.

I guess to stop him from following me around and popping up everywhere I go, I reckon I should give him a time he'll remember and never want to take me out again. I just want my life to go back to the way it was. Boring and uneventful without some British jerk asking to take me out. "Fine." I say.

"What?" He questions once outside. I realize I hadn't said a word since we reached the door.

"We can go out one time. My friend is having a party Saturday night." I say, mentioning Madi's party.

He nods. "I'll pick you up?"

"Thought you said you didn't like parties?" I smirk, crossing my arms. I caught him in his lie.

He chuckles. "I can make an exception."

"Very well," I say. "Pick me up at nine thirty. If you're here a minute late, consider it done with." I was about to close the door but I speak again. "Oh, and it's not a date." I point out.

"Trust me, I don't consider a high school party a date." He states with a taunting smile making me hum in response. "See you then."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 4.3K 51
What happens when you get on the bad side of too many people? Josephine Langford knows all about this. She's the daughter of one of the most dangerou...
349K 13.5K 71
When life gives you lemons you make Lemonade? Josie Wilson, young vibrant 24 year old lost in this world trying to find her way. Left being a single...
304K 8.3K 45
Victoria Hale had everything she ever wanted in life. She was the daughter of a multi-millionaire, with a loving family. Every girl wanted to be her...
10.9K 280 24
Since forever it's always just been 13 year old Amelie and her Mum. They may not have been rich in money but they were rich in happiness and they wer...