family affair - p.walker (DI...

By LANISREIGNS

the romeo and juilet of LA. based on the first two movies of the fast and furious franchise, "the fast and t... More

prologue
cast + characters
do what i gotta do
6'2 with blue eyes
asher
hello?
nights like this
outside the fence
get me home
being in love, being in denial, and being whipped
brian o' conner got a girlfriend?
family (one)
family (two)
your f*cking dream came true
he's back?
should i stay or should i go? (one)
should i stay or should i go? (two)
the game plan

the need for speed racer

4.1K 106 43
By LANISREIGNS

"c'mon simone we're gonna miss it!" mia exclaimed to her best friend simone as they were going through the crowd of people anticipating the race.

mia decided to her drag her best friend simone asher out to the race tonight. while mia has been out to these races before, this was simone's first time. even though simone was familiar with the concept, she never felt the need to go out to see it for herself. she did today though.

"what's the hype about these? and why are their so many people here?" simone asked her friend.

"girl how you've been living in LA since you've been in the womb and don't know about the races is crazy" mia said to her. "it's so fun out here".

"you had me put on my cute heels for a damn nascar race" simone scoffed.

"don't you see all of the fine ass guys here? it's a good thing you're wearing those heels. your supermodel ass is showing out!" mia said.

right as mia said that, a group of guys passed by them. so that furthered mia's point, although simone wasn't complaining. not one bit.

"exactly simone, exactly" mia smirked as she saw simone's reaction to the guys.

the engine from the car signaled that the race was officially about to begin. everyone fled to the side of the road to see the cars drive off, rooting for their favorites.

the tall brownskin woman, who we now know as ken made sure that no civilians were in the way before she sent the racers off.

"are y'all ready for this shit?!" she yelled out as everyone went wild.

the "ok" from the racers gave ken the signal to make her call. she counted down from three, to two, and then to one as the racers sped down the street. the crowd was cheering like crazy and as soon as the cars were off, the people ran into the streets going even more crazy.

it was so amusing to simone seeing people go crazy over street racing, but that's how it was in LA. it was a lifestyle.

"when are they gonna come back?" simone asked mia as they were awaiting the first racer to return.

the people started to make noise once the 99' nissan skyline pulled up back on the block. the crowd went wild as bullitt won the race, continuing his great rep of being the street's top racer.

"there they are" mia said.

brian came out of the car once he was finished, with his signature bright smile plastered on his face. he went over to tej to dap him up and of course, claim his prize.

"that's the finest white boy i've ever seen" mia said astonished by brian's good looks and nice smile.

"right..." simone agreed.

suki's hot pink honda s2000 came following right after brian's and the crowd cheered for her as well. seeing that suki and bullitt were the two hottest racers around, this was great for the spectators to see the cream of the crop come out on top.

"bullitt and suki sprayed that shit right?!" tej said to the crowd.

"come on simone let's go see" mia said to simone as she wanted to get up close to them.

"it's hella people out here mia, we're not gonna get up there" simone said.

"we can find a place to hit after too, those heels you got on will be for use" mia told her. "let's go!".

"COPS IN ONE!" a guy yelled out to everyone.

he was basically giving the word that the cops were on their way to the block to shut shit down. everyone immediately started rushing out of there to avoid an arrest or police confrontation. people were running to their cars and running period.

"shit cmon simone!" mia exclaimed to her friend.

"what's going on?" simone wondered as chaos was occurring.

"the cops are coming and unless you wanna get arrested or confronted start running!" mia told her.

"shit mia you didn't tell me this was gonna happen!" simone exclaimed as she was trying to take off her heels so she could run off.

as simone was trying to take her heels off, when she looked up, she already saw that mia was gone. not only was simone pissed that her friend left her, but she was also stuck as she had nowhere to run too. although she lived in LA, this wasn't her area so she didn't know her surroundings by heart.

simone was running around to try and get someone to take her home but when she tried, everyone was already pulling off. simone could hear the cops getting closer and closer as their sirens were getting louder so she ran to the closest car next to her.

that car happened to be a 99' nissan skyline.

"can I please get in? I don't have a ride and my friend flaked on me!" simone pleaded for the man in the car, who we know as brian.

"sure" he said.

she quickly got in the car as brian pulled off from the block. brian was speeding out of there fast to avoid any type of police confrontation.

considering that he was an ex cop anyways.

"thank you so much" simone said to the man as they got away.

"why did your friend flake out on you like that?" brian asked her.

"when that guy called out that the cops were coming, I was confused since I've never been out to a race before and I had heels on so I had to take them off so I could run and then by then she had left me" simone told him.

"she probably ran home or got a ride, or got a ride to go to a party like she wanted".

"if she is at one you want me to drop you off there or?" brian wondered.

"no you can take me home" she told him.

"but wait a minute... I just realized that you're the guy from the race. you won it!".

"took you that long to realize it?" brian chuckled.

"I didn't really look at you until now" simone said. "you were pretty awesome tonight, congrats on the money".

"thanks" he responded.

"what's your name?" simone asked him.

"my real name or my street name?" he wondered.

"isn't your street name bullet or something? I want to know your real name" simone said.

"my real name is brian" he told her.

"well hello brian, my name is simone" she told him.

"and you have really pretty eyes".

he looked back at her with his baby blue eyes which really memorized her. it also memorized brian as well as he was looking into her green eyes.

"so do you" he said back.

a cop car siren went off and that left brian in a bit of a pickle. if the cops saw that it was him, they were gonna get him. he knew that they were most likely following after him since he left the race and the fact that he actually used to work for the LAPD was enough to make him panic

"shit!" brian mumbled to himself.

"look this is what I need you to do and please just do it. i'm going to pull over in that alley around the corner and you're going to go into the drivers seat and i'm gonna hide out in the back. just sit in the seat and any questions they ask you, just act like this is your car and give them an excuse okay?".

".... okay" simone said with confusion. she had no idea what was going on, but she just followed the orders.

brian pulled over into the back alley and parked the car. him and simone quickly switched seats and brian was hiding in the back of the car and simone was sitting in the driver's seat. to act like she was checking out "her car", she got out of it to play up the act and by then, the cop car had pulled up in the alley right behind her.

the cops got out of their car and they walked up to simone and the car.

"hmm must've been a false alarm" simone said to play up her "checking her car" act.

"is there a problem here ma'am?" one of the cops asked her.

"not at all officers, I pulled up into the alley because I thought that I heard a weird noise coming from my car but nope, it was a false alarm. there are no problems" simone told them.

"hmm... where are you coming from then?" they asked her again.

"just a night out on the town with my friends at the club, i'm going home now" she said.

"do you own this car?" the cop asked her.

"of course I do! I got it for my birthday like last month" she said.

jokes on the cops, simone's birthday was in september.

"well okay... we had thought that someone else's was in the car with you so that's why we followed. we also thought that the car was coming from the street race that was going on around here. we now know that that's not the case so we will get out of your way now" the cop said to her. "get home safely".

"thank you so much officer" simone said with a smile as she got back in the car.

once the cops pulled off from the alley, simone gave brian the cue and he got out of the backseat and back in the drivers seat to take simone home.

"thank you, you're a lifesaver" brian told her.

"why are you hiding from the cops anyways?" simone wondered. "are you a fugitive or something?".

"no but i'm not trying to run into my old colleagues and get caught up with them" brian said.

"wait so, you used to be a cop?" simone said.

"yup" he responded.

"wow.... a ex cop who street races" she said astonished. "that's the most ironic thing i've ever heard".

"so what even got you into street racing?".

"long story but depending on where you live, I don't have time to tell you" he said. "so where do you live?".

"i'll show you" simone said as she was about to show brian where she lived.

simone lead brian into watts, which was where she lived in south central LA. at this time of night usually everyone was out, especially on a friday night. people were already outside so when brian's car rode down the streets, everyone was hypnotized by the beaming lights and more importantly, the white guy with the black girl in it.

"isn't it lovely?" simone sarcastically said as brian was riding down the block.

"so where's your house at?" brian asked her.

"two more blocks" simone told him. "you ever been down here before as a cop?".

"lots of times" he said.

"you ever shot a black man? abused him? harassed him?" simone asked him again.

"no, I don't do that. i'm not that type of person" brian told her. "you asked me that cause I used to be a cop and I'm white huh?".

"I asked you that because you used to be apart of the LAPD and the rodney king incident happened and I wanted to make sure that you weren't on the same shit that those assholes were on" simone said to him.

"no i'm not and I never will be. I stopped being a cop for a reason, it ain't for me anymore" he said.

"you stopped so you could live your life as a need for speed racer?" she jokingly said.

"so you're a comedian now?" he chuckled.

"eh I might" she laughed. "oh and you can stop right here, my house is coming up".

brian pulled up in front of simone's house. throughout her time with brian, simone actually enjoyed herself and it left her a little bittersweet that she was probably never going to see brian again. he was a cool guy to her, and the feelings were same from brian.

"thank you for everything brian" simone said to him.

"no thank YOU" he said back. "you gonna come for the next race?".

"as long as you're there" she said with a smile on her face.

"then I guess I have to go to race at them all so I can see you more" he smirked. "have a good night simone".

"bye brian" she said back.

simone walked up to her doorstep, took out her keys and walked into her house. once simone got inside her house, brian pulled off and he was thinking about her.

simone was also thinking about him, although her thinking was halted for a moment. simone's older brother darryl came out of their kitchen with a blunt in his hand, ready to start an argument with his little sister about her whereabouts.

what a way to end the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 9.6K 41
๐’‰๐’๐’˜ ๐’„๐’‚๐’ ๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’”๐’ ๐’„๐’๐’๐’”๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’‡๐’†๐’†๐’ ๐’”๐’ ๐’…๐’Š๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’๐’•? โชcurrently discontinuedโซ dominic toretto ๐– female!oc a ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฌ...
11.5K 72 51
Everything he does is for his family, unless he's racing. And in those 10 seconds or less, he is free. Act 1: The Fast and the Furious Act 2: Fast...
300K 6K 27
[I originally wrote this on quotev. This will be an updated version, of it. Check it out on quotev, my account is im_just_fangirling] "I live my lif...
480 9 8
The Fast and Furious team has always been two things, fast...and furious. However, this isn't about Dominic Toretto and his team. This is about the...