New Era.馃枻 Avengers/B.Barnes

By burrbarnesbrock

"You care about me, more than anyone has in 70 years." "Well, Mr. Barnes. It sounds like you're saying I'm yo... More

Intro
S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier pt.1//AVENGERS
S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier pt.2//AVENGERS
Battle Of New York//AVENGERS
To Shawarma And Beyond
Surprise Sibling Reunion
A Morning Run & A Mission//The Winter Soldier
New York Detour//The Winter Soldier
Back In D.C.//The Winter Soldier
Base Goes Boom//The Winter Soldier
So We Meet Again//The Winter Soldier
The Smithsonian//The Winter Soldier.
Are You Flirting With Me?
A Crush? On me?
Don't Tell Steve
Saving Grace
Change
Daddy Issues
Cry Baby
Ultron
We're Leaving//Age of Ultron
We Need To Talk//Age Of Ultron

I'm Going Home//Age Of Ultron

442 17 0
By burrbarnesbrock

"Stark." Steve says, staring at the robot.

Melody glances at Tony and cracks her neck. She was annoyed. She wasn't dressed for a fight. She had on a short dress that was also cut very low in the front.

"Jarvis." Tony states, trying to get the attention of his trusty A.I. system with no luck.

"Sorry, I was asleep.. or a dream." The robot continues, confusing Melody further to the situation.

Tony taps his phone a few times. "Reboot Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit."

Melody cracks her knuckles and walks behind the bar. She and Natasha had stashed guns and weapons all around the tower after it had first been renovated to be Avengers Tower. She quickly finds the gun and tactical knife she had hidden behind a collection of Tony's alcohol.

"There was a terrible noise.. and I was tangled in.. in strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy." The robot continues to explain as Melody walks back over to join the others after stuffing both the gun and knife into her dress and grabbing a drink.

"You killed someone?" Steve questions, his brows furrowing at the robot keeps talking.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices." The robot rationalizes.

Melody scoffs and rolls her eyes. "Well, if you killed someone, you're not any better than any of us. As for the 'real world', you're a robot, buddy."

"Who sent you?" Thor asks and Melody groans.

This was being dragged out and it was frustrating. There was gonna be a fight, she knew that much. She just wanted it to happen so she could go home and go to sleep.

"I see a suit of armor around the world" The robot says, but it sounds much more like a recording of Tony speaking.

"Stark, I'm gonna fucking kill you." Melody threatens.

Bruce gasps and then shouts, "Ultron!"

"You too?! Tony dragged you into this bullshit?" Melody yells as she turns her head to look at Bruce.

"In the flesh.. or, no. Not yet. Not this.. chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission." Ultron continues with his spiel.

"What mission?" Natasha asks as Melody sets her drink down.

This is usually when fights kicked off, so she knew. She crossed her arms across her chest, ready to plunge them into her dress to grab her weapons.

"Peace in our time." Ultron says as Legionnaires smash through the walls and fly at them. i

Melody pulls out her weapons as Steve kicks a table towards the Legionnaires, Maria takes cover next to a couch, Rhodey and Tony jump over the balcony, Thor launches his hammer at the Legionnaires, and Natasha and Bruce get got at and jump over the bar for cover.

Steve gets knocked back and Melody starts firing. She shoots down two of the Legionnaires before running out of bullets.

"Thor!" Melody yells as one of the robots gets close to her.

Thor looks in her direction and throws Mjölnir, smashing the robot into pieces before calling it back to his hand.

"Thank you."

The fight went on for several minutes, until the Avengers, Hill, and Rhodey managed to take down all of the Legionnaires that Ultron had sent after them. By the end Melody was tired and out of breath and her dress had ripped in the skirt a little bit.

"That was dramatic. I'm sorry. I know you mean well. You just didn't think it all through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?" Ultron questioned, making Melody roll her eyes.

The "Holier than thou" act from this stupid robot was starting to piss her off. She couldn't believe Tony and Bruce created this thing without talking to the rest of the team about it.

Ultron picks up one of the dismembered Legionnaires, "With these? These puppets? There's only one path to peace, the Avengers extinction."

Melody was pissed, her skin started turning a very pale blue color like a baby frost giants, her eyes turning red. Ice started forming on the wall that was behind Ultron.

Suddenly, before Melody got to test out her new found powers, Mjölnir flew through the air and smashed Ultron.

"I had strings but now I'm free." Ultron's creepy voice faded out as he sang.

"Well, that's one way to ruin one of my favorite Disney songs." Melody remarks before walking over to the smashed bar and grabbing a bottle that amazingly, hadn't been broken and taking a huge swig of the alcohol in it.

The team looks around before moving down to the lab. Melody, forcing Steve to give her a piggy back ride since she had shards of glass stuck in her feet.

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch." Bruce informed Tony as Steve set Melody down on a table and found a pair of tweezers.

Steve repeated the murderous robots name like he was testing it out.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance, he probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha remarks, infuriating Melody.

Melody turned her head quickly to look at Tony. "Goddamnit, I trusted you. I let you put my personal information in those files because you promised this would be different than S.H.I.E.L.D. You swore there was no way for anyone other than us to access those files. And now you guys created a murder bot that wants to kill us all." She ranted, completely annoyed and fed up.

The youngest Avenger had been through enough for the day. Finding out Loki was her father, that she could turn blue and generate frost and ice, and that Tony and Bruce had created a murder bot was enough for one day, but to know that it was possible for her family to be in danger was too much.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to go after something a little more exciting?" Rhodey cuts in.

Maria looked up from where she was sitting, picking glass out of her feet. "Nuclear codes."

Rhodey agreed, "Look, we need to start making some calls, assuming we still can."

Melody continued picking glass shards out of her own feet, trying to calm herself down, listening to the conversations around her but biting her tongue.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Natasha disagrees, seemingly confused as to what Ultron would want with nukes when his goal was just to kill all of the Avengers, when that could easily be done without nuclear weapons.

"He didn't say dead. He said extinct." Steve corrects her, crossing his arms over his chest.

Clint finally decides to join the conversation, "He also said he killed someone."

Maria looks up from picking glass out of her feet yet again, "But there wasn't anyone else here?"

All of a sudden, Tony decides to chime in yet again. "Yes there was." he says as he pulls up Jarvis' now destroyed consciousness.

"This is insane." Bruce says after taking a close look at what's left of Jarvis' consciousness.

Steve walked away from Melody, looking between everyone in the room. "Jarvis was the first like of defense. He would've stopped Ultron. It makes sense."

"No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is rage." Bruce disagrees before Thor storms into the room, grabbing Tony by the throat and holding him in the air.

"Oh shit, and it looks like it's going around." Clint says like the smart ass he is.

No one really tries to stop Thor. Melody is sitting the closest, but if she's being honest, she's pissed at Tony, but also she has shards of glass in her feet that really need to come out.

Tony's hands go to Thor's wrist. "Come on. Use your words buddy." He tells the god as he continues to be choked.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor almost yells.

"Thor! The Legionnaire." Steve shouts and Thor puts Tony down, the smaller man stumbling back.

"The trail went cold about 100 miles out but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again." Thor informs Steve, sounding about as annoyed as Melody felt.

"Genies out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron." Natasha adds sarcastically.

Helen Cho had been standing in a corner quietly looking at pieces of machinery. Melody had forgot she was even there until she spoke up. "I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?"

Instead of a response to her question, Tony starts laughing like it's the funniest thing he's ever heard. His laughter makes Melody glare as she picks shards of glass out of her feet faster so she can get up and kick his ass.

"You think this is funny?" Thor questions as everyone looks to Tony.

Tony turns to look at Thor, "No.. It's probably not, right? Is it so.. It is. It's so terrible." He says as he struggles to keep his composure and continues laughing.

"This could've been avoided if you hadn't meddled with something you don't understand." Thor says calmly.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that none of you get why we need this." Tony argues.

Bruce apparently disagrees as he speaks. "Tony, this might not be the time.."

"Really? That's it? You just roll over and show your belly every time someone snarls?" Tony shouts at Bruce.

"Only when I've created a murder bot!" Bruce argues loudly.

"We didn't. We weren't even close to an interface. Were we close to an interface?" Tony disagrees and questions Bruce.

Melody quietly mocks Tony, though she knows he can hear her. She finally pulls out the last shard of glass and then looks up at Tony who is already looking at her.

"Well, you did something right and you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different than S.H.I.E.L.D." Steve says, using his eyebrows as disappointment towards the end.

Tony goes off on a tangent about saving New York and flying into the wormhole and blah blah blah.

Steve had noticed Melody had finished with the glass and brought over a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, gauze, and bandage wrap for her before wiping the glass off of the table she was sitting on and into a trash can.

"Thor's right. Ultron is calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The world is a big place. Let's start making it smaller." Steve instructs the team.

Melody smirks and looks between her uncles.

"You guys find what you can. I'm taking the jet and I'm going home." Melody informs them.

Steve, Natasha, Clint, Bruce, and Tony all look bewildered. Thor seemed to understand.

"You're leaving? What do you mean going home? You can't go home." Tony argues, making Melody laugh angrily.

"Tough shit, Stark. I don't know if you understood my point about the files earlier, but I gave you my home address to put in those files because you swore to me no one but us could access them. Who is at my home address right now? MY BOYFRIEND, TONY! I told him I was leaving hours ago anyways. I'll be back. I'm just gonna grab some stuff and then drop him off somewhere safe. Bye." Melody says after finishing up wrapping her feet and jumping off of the table she was sitting and then left the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 836 74
The Avengers may have emerged victorious from the Infinity War, but not everyone lived to see it. Bucky Barnes lost his best friend, Steve Rogers, th...
49.8K 1.4K 31
Valerie Walker has been an Avenger for quite a few years and it's been an amazing experience. She couldn't be happier. Everything is going perfectly...
48.2K 1.1K 75
{bucky barnes ff} Noelle Dean has many struggles, the main one being that she was stuck in ice for seventy years and now has to live in a world witho...
538K 15.9K 156
Adopted at a young age by Nicholas Fury, Y/N was raised as a Shield agent and was known to be one of the best. You were enhanced by Hydra before you...