All the Way (Kylo Ren x Reade...

By Fledderer

After finishing medical school you decide to join the first order as one of their medics. A routine assignmen... More

Desert
Medbay
Base
P37
Interrogation Room
Emergency Room
Upsilon
Conference Rooms
Pressure Chamber
Promotion
Training
First Day
Cold
Cookies
Black Hole
Planets
Mud
Villagers
Home
Finalizer
Pharmaceuticals
Sand
Surprises
Introductions
Doppelganger
Mission
Strangers
Warmth
Radio Silence
Mustafar
Mask
Connection
Transporter
Hostage
Escape
Landing
Water
Death Star
Exegol
Sidious
Void

Maxima-A

8.8K 193 113
By Fledderer

You stayed as close as possible to General Hux and the knights but you got separated quickly. Both of you now alone in a building neither of you knew.

You grabbed him by the collar and pulled him in a room, waiting for a few Resistance fighters to pass. When you arrived, you had tried to get a look in every room. They might have closed them quickly but you still remembered where you could find what you were searching for.

"Stay, Sir. I'll be right back." he wanted to complain but you were out of the door before he could open his mouth. You shot two Resistance fighters in the back and ran into the chamber behind them. It was a small room with a few beds. Nothing interesting apart from one thing. You grabbed the slender suitcase leaning against the wall and ran back to the General.

Surprisingly he had listened to you. You threw him a blaster from one of the dead fighters and left the room together.

You ran through the building's hallways, taking cover behind lockers, inside rooms and around corners. Training with 2333 and 2334 had really helped you when it came to shooting close combat. You still weren't necessarily GOOD at it but it was enough. For now atleast. The main battle was going on outside and both of you managed to avoid most Resistance fighters.

You lead General Hux up a staircase and onto the building's roof. He helped you barricade the door with some crates, but you suspected it wouldn't hold longer than half a minute if they wanted to break through.

You climbed on top of a nearby rooftop that did not have any ladder or staircase leading up to it. The others around were flat and there was only one tower taller than the building you were on. Perfect.

Hux gave you a thick piece of cloth that had been lying around. That'd be very useful.

You sat down next to a ventilation duct and pulled Hux with you, so both of you would be out of line of sight. A quick search through your med bag later and you had found what you needed. You handed Hux the datapad from before, a flare and some binoculars. They were old but small and sufficient for what you had planned.

"Do not use the flare yet. We'll need it when our fighters arrive. Tell them that you are alive, do not say where we are. We don't know if they are intercepting our transmission. Once you have done that..." you removed the black plastic protecting the binoculars, "Look through the area. I'll tell you what I need from you."

You couldn't care less right now about addressing your superior properly. He started writing while you opened the slender suitcase from before. You were right.

It wasn't your prefered type but the sniper configuration of the A-180 Blaster would still do its job quite fine.

You laid down at the edge of the roof between the ventilation duct and the edge, pulling the piece of cloth over you. Hux joined you shortly after.

You closed your eyes and waited for a bit, just concentrating on inhaling and exhaling. You imagined yourself fading into the landscape, trying to reduce your being to essentially nothing. It took you a good thirty seconds before you opened your eyes again.

A quick look through the scope and you could see three Resistance fighters a bit further away, they'd cross some escaping officers soon.

You took your first shot. The silencer on the muzzle muffled the sound from the blaster. The fighters turned around, frantically looking where it had come from. Another shot. The last one took cover behind a crate, but given he hadn't seen where it came from he just exposed his back to you and looked in the wrong direction.

Lovely. He dropped dead.

Hux surprised you by not being utterly useless, "To your right, 3 o'clock. A Resistance pilot is trying to escape."

You moved your scope but by the time you had adjusted your position the pilot was already missing his torso. One of the Knight's merit.

"Oh.", made General Hux.

"See if you can find the other Knight, or the prisoners.", you stayed on the knight. It was the one with the axe, the one you had already met previously. You wanted to help him, but he was quite fine by himself. You still got one or two before they managed to shoot at him.

"There. I found the prisoners."

You could hear him grinding his teeth together, "They are not our officers though. Just the Resistance fighters we had."

"It does not matter.", you moved slightly and examined them. You did not know much about them, but you did know which ones Kylo had interrogated the most. You reloaded and took your first shot. He moved in the last second, as if he had known your bullet was coming.

"Hide." you said quietly and Hux pressed himself on the roof while you placed your hand on the scope to not have the sun shining on it and revealing your position. You counted backwards from thirty before you moved again. They were looking around. Good. It didn't seem like they knew where exactly you were shooting from. You did know whom to eliminate now though. That pesky prisoner was that had known where you shot from.

You exhaled again, slowly. Your father had shown you this technique when you were small and on the hunt for Vornskr. A few decades ago someone had let them lose and since then they had plagued the cities on your homeplanet. Your father, and his father before him had always been hunters. More or less specializing in killing the black canines.

It was an almost meditative state. You imagined yourself fading from existence, eliminating every piece of presence you usually showed. Then you took your shot.

"Yes!", Hux cheered quietly, you hadn't even noticed him coming out of hiding already.

You eliminated a few more of your ex-patients. It did not bother you. While they were under your care you would have protected them as much as you could. But now...they were the enemy. A black and white distinction had to be made.

"They will arrive in roughly fifteen minutes.", Hux told you. Good, fifteen minutes. That was survivable. You nodded and stopped shooting, you did not want to reveal your position any more than you already had.

You opted for scanning the area with your scope instead. It didn't seem like any of them had spotted you. Yet.

Time seemed to pass incredibly slow. Every second felt like a minute and every minute like an hour. Then someone tried to get through the door you had barricaded and time could not have passed any faster.

You shoved Hux down and moved behind one of the air ducts. A quick look over to the General, he was fully covered by the piece of cloth, if you were lucky they wouldn't notice you either.

The door opened and two fighters squeezed themselves through the door. They started searching the rooftop. Only two. There were only two. You looked over at the General. Was it worth the risk? Was it? You weren't good at shooting close range.

The non thinking part of you peeked out from behind the air duct and shot. Missing. They turned around and time passed even slower than. Shots were fired and you went back into cover, exchanging shots. One of them dropped dead, even though you had not fired. Hux was definitely a better shot than you. Exchanging a look you started shooting again, this time not even trying to hit. Just occupying him for long enough so General Hux could kill him.

Why did you shoot? Why the fuck did you shoot? They could have just gone back. Now you had alerted everyone else in the area. You cursed under your helmet.

A second later and he was dead. You nodded towards Hux, but stayed where you were. No need to risk anything more. You had already been stupid enough.

You heard more shouting from the staircase's direction. More Resistance fighters stormed upon the roof. They immediately took cover as they saw their dead comrades but were killed with a marvelous shot to the head. You didn't like Hux and it was a mutual feeling, but you had to give it to him...he was amazing with a blaster.

Similarly to before you kept them occupied while the General did the actual work. Your tactic did not work flawlessly as they started to notice Hux. The poor fellow was only hiding under a piece of cloth.

Without thinking you jumped up and behind the air duct closest to him. It was enough to get them focused back on you. You felt the impact of a blaster shot on your shoulder. Then on your leg and the side of your abdomen. It knocked the air out of your lungs and for a brief moment you could only see darkness.

As far as you could tell none of the shots had penetrated your armour. Atleast that. It hurt just as much as if you had actually been shot, but apart from the massive bruises it wouldn't do any lasting damage. You weren't at the risk of bleeding out either, so...that was lucky?

There were still fighters and the amount of shots fired did not decrease. In fact, it got worse. You wouldn't be able to hold your position much longer. The air got knocked out of your lungs again and you fell forward, hitting your head on the rooftop.

Time didn't seem to pass at all and you slowly got up. You didn't know whether the ringing in your ears was so loud you just stopped hearing it or if you just weren't able to hear anything at all. Perhaps someone had just stuffed cotton in your helmet, because everything felt so foggy?

As you got back to your senses, Hux was standing in plain sight. That fucking moron. You jumped up and threw him down onto the piece of cloth. He was shouting something and tried to get you off of him, but you couldn't hear him.

He shoved you down and you rolled towards the side.

"Go get yourself killed, you bloody idiot." you cursed, quiet in your opinion but given his reaction he must have heard it. He kicked your abdomen and you winced in pain, rolling yourself into a ball.

A rather familiar distorted cough sounded from the rooftop below you. No. It wasn't a cough. It wasn't even a robotic one, more like laughter that had been filtered through a bad voice changer. It probably was.

Hux jumped down and you slowly got up, stumbling towards the edge of the rooftop. There it was. That beautiful black mask hiding the even better looking face.

"Good day to you, Sir. You are late." you said incredibly happy to see him. It didn't matter that you could still hear the screams and shots from below. He was here and that was all you needed. You trusted him to get you out of this mess.

"I don't think so." he turned around, the fighters were chopped to bits.

"Yes, you are correct. You were right on time, Sir." You turned around and grabbed your blaster. The ventilation duct looked like a cheese grater by now and your armour was most certainly stained black by the shots.

You sat on the edge and stared down. Kylo went over and raised his arms.

"Come on, Doc."

You jumped into his arms and he set you down. More help? Horrible. You'd really have to get used to it. He patted your shoulder.

"We are not done with them...but please. Don't talk. You are practically screaming."

You quickly put your hand in front of your mouth, or well, helmet, and nodded. Well that was great, was it not? Screaming at the Supreme Leader, not only revealing your position but ALSO loudly calling the General of the First Order an idiot. You had truly outdone yourself today.

At the end of the staircase waited the two Knights and a few stormtroopers. Finally some backup. They took you and the General in the middle. You immediately handed your blaster to Hux. It was completely useless for you to even try hitting anything now. You were more likely to hit your own men. He looked perplexed and handed you your binoculars back.

"Thanks." you whispered, hoping that it would sound as if you were talking normally. The way back was quick. The knights eliminated Resistance fighters swiftly and soon there weren't any more that actually WANTED to fight you.

Multiple Upsilon class shuttles were already waiting for you. The stormtroopers distributed themselves among them while Hux, the Knights and Kylo went into another one. You just followed the herd of white armour like a sheep.

"Doc...", you heard Kylo say a few meters in front of you. He hadn't even turned around. How had he known? Was he listening to your thoughts again?

You entered his shuttle. It was filled to the brim. With the knights, Kylo and Hux now present all the seats were taken by officers.

The officers certainly looked at you weird. Once again you were the only one dressed in white. The door to the shuttle closed and you took off, almost throwing you off balance.

Well wasn't this a wonderful situation? A shuttle full of people you were theoretically not even allowed to speak to. Atleast not while you were in your stormtrooper uniform. Marvelous.

One of them was holding his arm and you quickly stepped over, kneeling in front of him. Looking down from above was certainly not an option, so you had to.

Scanning his arm revealed that it was broken twice. Could have been worse. You carefully moved it and put on a temporary splint. It'd do for now.

You went to each of the officers and fixed what you could. Most of them only had abrasions and bruises but there were two more who had broken bones. In general it looked well, perhaps the truly hurt ones had already been transported away. Or they had died. The prisoners had been evacuated earlier, before the whole chaos happened.

After you were done you went over to Kylo. You tilted your head slightly, more or less asking him if he was hurt. He waved his hand dismissively and you went to the back of the ship. Standing close to the wall while waiting to land. You shifted the weight more towards your left side to make both your leg and abdomen hurt a bit less.

It wasn't really how you'd expected your first mission, theoretically second, with Kylo Ren to go. It could have gone a lot worse, though. You didn't die. You didn't lose any limbs. You had been shot, but none of them had penetrated your armour so overall you were satisfied. If you ignored calling the General an idiot.

"MD-2442!", it suddenly sounded through the ship. That annoying voice could only belong to one person. Hux.

"Yes, Sir!", you said, standing straight.

"Come here."

You did as he said, ignoring the odd looks the present officers were giving you. Hux stood up and handed you your blaster back. Right. You almost forgot about that.

"Your fighting skills leave a lot to be desired." he said while you attached the blaster to your belt. Thanks. That was nice. You weren't a proper stormtrooper that was trained from birth. So what the hell did he expect? An officer was grinning at that remark. If he'd get a heart attack now, you would certainly forget that you were a medic.

"However..." Hux continued, "Your skill with a rifle is one of the best I have seen."

"Thank you, Sir.", the stupid officer had stopped smiling. What was he even capable of doing, eh? He was a major. Those were utterly useless. What did anyone need battle tactics for, charging in and eliminating everything in your path was far easier. And if you couldn't defeat them you could atleast drown them in your own blood. That was something that should be taught. And he should go right in front.

"I will forget your...remark from before." What a blatant lie. Neither of you would forget that, "You saved many officers after all."

"Thank you, Sir.", you repeated.

"Where did you learn how to shoot like that?"

Was he bored? Why was he asking you questions now? Did he have to ask them in front of the Supreme Leader, two Knights and a whole bunch of officers? It made you uncomfortable, this was your personal life.

"From my Father, Sir.", you kept it to a bare minimum, hoping that he'd just dismiss you. It felt like everyone was staring at you. Their eyes practically drilled themselves into your armour. You wished you would faint. Just falling over backwards, the world turning black and if they would actually pay any mind...you wouldn't know of it atleast.

But...you didn't. Instead you just had to stand there. One of the Knights turned towards Kylo and whispered something. Then they both looked at you again, Kylo nodded.

Oh how great. More staring. And talking behind your back in front of you.

"You are dismissed.", Kylo said. Hux didn't seem happy about it, you were though and quickly marched back.

Over the rest of the flight the Knights and Kylo were talking to each other. Looking over to you a bit more often than you'd have wanted.

Because of that you counted backwards from 1000 in sevens again. Kept you occupied and concealed any odd thoughts you might have.

As you finally arrived back on the Maxima-A your whole body was sore. Standing for a good...what was it hour? One and a half? It didn't matter. It had been most uncomfortable, but your pride hadn't allowed you to even consider taking a seat. You doubted that anyone would have complained but it had still been out of the question.

Given you had the lowest rank, it was only fit for you to stand and not take a seat.

In the hangar nurses and doctors were already waiting and you quickly instructed them about what to do.

"You look horrible, are you hurt?", one of the nurses asked you as you wanted to hand the annoying Major over to her.

You laughed, "No, just bruised all over. The armour stopped the blasters from actually hitting me."

"You should clean it." the major said and you stared down on him, straightening your back to increase your height a bit more.

"Right.", you turned back to the nurse, ignoring him completely, "Could you take care of him for me? He is horribly hurt. I hope you stacked up on bandaids?"

He merely had a few scratches. He didn't need to go to the ER. The nurse smiled at you, clearly understanding your situation. But given you had already insulted a General today you didn't need to openly call the Major a dumbass, even if you wanted to.

"Doc?"

The nurse almost jumped out of her own skin, she turned as white as a sheet of paper.

"Yes, Sir?", you turned around. Similar to how you had towered over the Major before he was now towering over you. It was even worse for the poor woman. The nurse was tiny, perhaps one and a half meters tall.

"I expect you back here in three hours. We are going back on the Finalizer."

"Yes, Sir.", you saluted him and he left. If you wouldn't have been in your stormtrooper uniform you wouldn't have. It was odd for a doctor to do it, but it was rude for a stormtrooper to not do it.

The nurse was staring into his direction. You placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Calm down." you wanted your voice to sound friendly, but the distorter made it sound more like a command. Now she was looking at YOU in fear. Great. Weren't you talented?

If you were already at it though...

"Where are the stormtrooper barracks? As much as I hate to admit it, I do need to clean myself up. This is unacceptable."

She nodded quickly and led you out of the hangar.

It took you two hours to get the black stains out of your armour and the blaster shots were still visible. They had partially melted it but none had actually gotten through. Amazing.

You talked a bit to the other stormtroopers, mostly trying to figure out how many had gotten hurt. The imprisoned officers had all made it. That was good, if any of them would have died on the transport it might have had repercussions for you, given you gave the okay for their transfer.

You would have visited them and if it wouldn't have been for Kylo telling you to get on the Finalizer you would have probably stayed.

Half an hour before your designated take-off you were already waiting in the hangar. Close enough to get a good look at the shuttle, in case Kylo should be early but not too close either so it didn't look awkward.

Some technicians were looking at you from a bit further away, probably wondering why that lonely looking combat medic was leaning on a crate.

You ignored them and instead searched through your datapad. Five messages. Odd, usually you got a maximum of one. The one you had been expecting was a patient report for the officers. As far as you could tell, nothing had changed.

Then there were four messages from Rosie. One asking where you were. One that you should atleast answer the call. One about answering the door and the last one was a lengthy apology letter because she didn't know you were on a mission.

You sighed and wrote back a simple: 'It's fine. Don't worry. I'll be back tomorrow.' You preferred exaggerating the time it took you to get back on the Finalizer to setting a time and being late.

You swiftly walked over towards the Upsilon-class. It seemed like the air pressure was once again increasing, so you suspected that Kylo was rather close. You were right. Well, almost, because it wasn't just Kylo. It was also Hux and four Knights of Ren. Oh how lovely that was! Sitting in a small command shuttle with all of those? It would be as if someone had placed a boulder on your chest.

The ride itself was far more pleasant than you had imagined. Partially because you fell asleep. It wasn't for longer than perhaps five minutes though. None of them noticed either, instead they were still sitting there. Hux and Kylo being the only ones talking to each other. It was some Resistance strategy stuff that you weren't interested in.

After getting back on the Finalizer you just followed the Supreme Leader and the others. He was still discussing something with Hux, even though discussing was far too nice of a word for it. Discussing would mean that they each listened and had constructive criticism. They didn't, and you got the feeling that no matter what one said the other had to go against it.

You took the elevator up to the second highest level. You'd never been this high up, as far as you knew there were mostly strategy and command rooms. The elevator doors opened and the pressure hit you in the face as if you had opened the hatch of a submarine.

You didn't have to get out of the elevator to know that the rest of the Knights of Ren were around somewhere.

Hux stayed inside, riding up to the top most level while you followed Kylo. They went into one of the rooms.

"Wait here."

"Yes, Sir."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 177 18
•STORY IS FINISHED • Read my conversations for info• ----- You are a technician on the Supremacy, well you used to be. Kylo Ren, the Supreme Leader o...
163K 4K 36
A fresh recruit in the Resistance, you insist on taking your first solo mission to steal info from the First Order. Only problem is, you get caught...
490 8 5
in which you, a force-sensitive pilot become the object of Kylo Ren's obsession.
166K 3.8K 32
(Sequel to Bonded) Following the events of the Supremacy, Kylo Ren has abandoned everything. Including you. In his fear, he isolates himself upon fin...