Hundred Percent It's You (COM...

By SkyyyEvans

Emily Marshall, the "beauty with brain" . Loving him that much terrified her. Her brief but passionate encoun... More

01: Not Exactly The Perfect Timing
Announcement
02: It's Now Or Never
03: I Am All Yours
04: It's Not That Easy
05: Everything Change
06: Not An Option
07: The Rescue Mission
08: Is That You
09: Don't Rush
10: I Need You
11: Falling Apart
12: Letting Go
13: Step Towards Us
14: It's Him
15: Then We're Set
16: Meeting The Devil
17: Over Protective Ex
18: His Jealousy
19: It's A Warning
20: Still In Love With Him
22: A Glimpse Of Truth
23: Her Tragic Past
24: The Chaos
25: The Massacred
26: Feeling of Losing Her
27: I Am Nothing
28: You Did Well
29: All The Guilt
30: Heart To Heart
31: Evil VS Evil
32: A Bad News
33: Being His Weakness
34: Thanks For The Tips
35: A Sacrifices
36: Another Deaths
37: Towards The Bloodbath
38: This is War
39: A Farewell
40: The Marshall Reunion
41: A Three Sides Battle
42: A Moment Of Truth
43: The Negotiation
EPILOGUE

21: By Her Side

1K 47 4
By SkyyyEvans

~EMILY POV~

After about 20 minutes organizing all the equipment, and medicine at the medical tent, I take my phone from my pocket, to see about 10 messages from Elizebeth's, and a few from my dad. To be more accurate, my dad who's actually not my biological dad, but actually are my uncle. My life is full with drama. Thank you lord!

"Lizzie gonna kill me..." I gasp a little while reading her messages.

"What have you done this time??" Sophia asks, while letting out a little chuckles watching me checking my phone.

"Ughh.. I was supposed to call her today... She's been trying to talk to me since yesterday.. But the signal is so poor.."

"I heard that the signal at the base camp is good.."

"Who told you?" I asks.

"I know one of the member of previous medical team that been sent here..." She reply while checking the label of the medicine carefully.

"But how can I get there? Isn't the army base is on different province??" I ask while sighing a little.

"It's not that far..." A voice suddenly interrupts. I know that voice very damn well. Sophia turn her head to see Jayden, who's currently standing right in front of us.

"It's only take about 15 minutes to get to Parwan Province from Kabul.."

"Should I go?" I look at Sophia with my unsure face.

"If you're aren't planning to spend the rest of your life in Afghanistan, you better go and talk to that crazy friend of yours before she start to make a plan on how to kill you when we get back to home..." She reply, with her little smirk.

"That bad huh?" Jayden add, chuckling. I glare at him, and he reply by acting like he's zipping his mouth using his hand. Sophia let out a little chuckles watching Jayden. I just roll my eyes at them both.

"Huhh.. Then I guess, I should go.." I says, using my defeated tone.

"I could drive you there.. I need to submit some report to the base anyway.. You could join me.." Jayden say.

"Well then, now that you've already got your company to the base, I need to go and help Deborah check on some medicine on the medical tent number three over there.. Have a nice drive okay.. " Sophia says, leaving me with Jayden. I stand there in silence debating with myself.

Alone with this man in a car for 15 minutes?? Oh god. Save me. I bet my life that 15 minutes will be fully occupied by our 'arguments' segment all over again.

"Let's go.." Jayden says, and walking away towards the small army truck, not even waiting for my response. I just let out a deep sighs before I follow him from behind.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~JAYDEN POV~

After sending Emily to the control room, where she could use the phone to contact her friend, I immediately go to see the Lt. General, along with Shawn. As much as I hated to work with this guy, I've got no choice but to obey the order.

"Well that was fast.." That prick says as soon as he sees me at the base camp.

"Just shut the fuck up.. Where is Lt. General??"

"He's been waiting for us.. Let's go.."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As soon as the both of us set foot into the Lt. General tent, I notice an envelope with 'confidential' sign on it is on his table.

"Captain Walker from the Special Forces, Sir!!" I says, while giving him a salute.

"Captain O'Brien from the Delta Forces, Sir!!" Shawn add.

"At ease..." The Lt. General reply.

"I call the both of you because of this.." He point to the envelope. "This, is a information about Ho.. A full background check on him before, and after he become the part of the terrorist gang.."

"The secretary of the US national security already know about that explosion stunt that Ho did at the UNV camp yesterday."

Remembering about what happened yesterday make me feel anger towards Ho and his gangs. I fucking wish that we could settle this matter as soon as possible.

"The White House is also concerned about this matter.. Take the envelope, and see what you could dig about Ho.. Especially, his weakness.." Lt. General add.

"Yes Sir!!!" We both reply to him.

"And you O'Brien, tomorrow you are officially reassigned to the Kabul Province.. It would be much easier for the two of you to cooperate with each other at the UNV camp.."

Oh fuck. Damn it.

"Copy that, Sir!!" Shawn reply.

"That's all for today. Dismiss."

"Yes SIR!!!" Both of us reply, and leaving the tent.

There is no sign of Emily outside the control room. I bet that she is still busy getting herself being scold by that friend of her.

"So, I think it's better if you keep this, and study hard about Ho's background tonight.." He says laughing a little.

"Nahh..I think it's better if I leave all the reading part to you.. You love reading aren't you.." I reply sarcastically.

"See you tomorrow Jayden!" He yell at me while running away, laughing.

That son of a bitch. I still manage to give him my middle finger.

"You're both acting like you're in the elementary school.." A voice from behind of me says, chuckling. I turn around to see Emily standing right behind of me.

"Tell him, not me." I reply shortly which she just roll her eyes.

"Aye aye captain..." She says, laughing a little. God I missed that laugh...

"So, are you done??"

"Yup...let's go..." Emily reply, walking to the truck.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~EMILY POV~

I stare to the outside. Admiring the breathtaking scenery along the road. I take a few deep breath while closing my eyes. My hair is softly blown by the wind.

"What's taking you too long.. Did you also called your parents after talking with your friend?" Jayden's question make me to glance at him.

"Nope... Just Lizzie..."

"Where did that 'mommy's girl' part of you gone to??" He reply, chuckling. He must've still remember that time when I told him about how close I am with my mother. The mother that turns out to be my uncle's wife... The mother that had left me alone in this world...

Suddenly I get emotional remembering about her. Oh God. Give me strenght not to break down in tears in front of this man.

"I thought that you also talked with your mom.. Cause you know well that the signal at the camp is very poor, you might have to come to the base again to contact your mom.." He add, with his eyes focus on the road.

I take a very deep breath.

"She passed away." I says, with my blank expression. Jayden who's seem to be taken aback hearing my answer is glancing at me, shock and worried, at the same time. Not being able to even response. He remain in silent. Maybe trying to figure out how should he react to this poor girl who had lost her mother.

I hated it. I don't want to be pitied. Not by anyone, and sure as hell not by a man who's name is Jayden Walker.

"Hey it's okay.. You don't need to look at me like that.." I add, chuckling. "It's almost a year since she passed away.. I'm okay now." I say, acting like I'm not affected.

All of a sudden, Jayden stop the truck beside the road. "What are you're doing??" I look at him. He then look at me, deeply.

Oh god please. I don't know how much longer I could keep putting this strong act in front of him. That look from him could even melt me any minutes now. He look at m so deeply for a few seconds in silence...

One second, two, three....

"I am so, sorry...."

That's it. That four words... Hearing that from him suddenly make me want to cry. I clench my fists, trying to control myself.

Dear god, help me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 17 22
Jasmine has been working for one of the largest investment companies for over 3 years, and now she got a promotion working closely with her boss. som...
1.1K 22 10
Seth is young man. He has a good paying job and a good life. He's happy, and then he runs into the love of his life while shopping for groceries. She...
0 0 25
A girl was bullied from high school and college. She has only one friend. Even her family calls her fat and ugly. Now she has a beauty salon with her...
431K 23.7K 28
My father left me and my mother when I was nine. When I was twelve, he came back for me, and caused destruction in his wake. Little did I know what w...