ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ɢᴀᴍᴇ • ᴋᴀɪ ᴘᴀʀᴋᴇʀ ✔️

By -inslaytiable

"ʷʰᵉⁿ ⁱ ʷⁱⁿ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ, ⁱᵗ ʷᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵇᵉ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵃⁿʸ ᵗʳⁱᶜᵏᵉʳʸ. ⁱᵗ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵐᵉ„ More

00. CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
00. PLAYLIST
01. WAITING GAME
02. FORMAL INTRODUCTIONS
03. WAYS TO GO
04. EQUALS
05. SAFE TRAVELS
06. OPTION
07. DEAL WITH THE DEVIL
08. RABBIT TRAP
09. WITCHES INTUITION
10. FEEL REAL
11. WIRES
12. BABY STEPS
13. TEST & RECOGNIZE
14. MORAL HAZARD
15. DOUBT
16. NEW WORLD
17. WELCOME HOME
18. CHOKE
19. MORTAL PROJECTIONS
20. PUBLIC ENEMY
21. OBSESSION
22. TRANQUILITY
23. IMMUNITY
24. CROSSFIRE
25. PERSONAL LIES
26. SKINNY LOVE
27. MEANT TO BE YOURS
28. INFATUATION
29. LIGHTS UP
30. EMPTY THOUGHTS
31. ONLY HUMAN
32. RECONNECTION
33. GOODBYE
34. DESTROYER
35. LITTLE LIES YOU'RE TOLD
36. LET IT ALL OUT
37. THEN THERE WERE THREE
38. SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE
39. GOLD
40. DOG DAYS ARE OVER
41. TOGETHER ALONE
+ other books
the damn cat

42. HOLOCENE - final chapter

31.7K 1.2K 3.2K
By -inslaytiable

CHAPTER FOURTY TWO
[HOLOCENE]

Molly stepped out of the car, shutting the door behind her as she took a deep breath. She stuck her hands in her back pockets as Hayley came around the front of the car and Molly took a look around.

It was a perfect and permanent flood, the waters that deepened the hue of the tree barks. That was the bayou, as if land and water came to the most glorious of compromises and made something so spectacularly different from every other place around.

A single cabin stood on stilts in the bayou. The ancient trees around them seemed to grow straight out of the glassy surface of a lake, but in reality it wasn't even knee deep.

The people were different, much different then the people in the French Quarter. They were happy with a lifestyle that many would turn their cheek to. Children ran around, covered in dirt— playing with old beat up toys. And their parents sat and watched, sitting on lawn chairs and drinking beers with each other.

The sound of Kai and Elijah getting out of the car next made Molly lift her focus off the Bayou and turn to him. "Hm." Kai says. "Less dog toys than I expected"

Molly narrowed her eyes at him. "You're not funny." She says annoyedly. Molly turns to Hayley, even the mere sight of her made her confused— but she spoke anyways. "So this is where they all live?" She says. Even though she'd just discovered she was apart of this pack, it was strange to say 'we' instead of 'them.'

Hayley inhales sharply and nods. "Most of them." She begins. "Half of them are in the French Quarter following Witch's orders to get Moonlight rings. But the good ones stayed here." She sends Molly a half smile. "Wanna look around?"

Molly swallows and nods, feeling completely out of place. "Sure." She turns to Kai, "I'll be right back."

Kai nods. "Gives me and Elijah some good 'ole bro time." Kai says sarcastically, patting Elijah on the back.

"Don't touch me." Elijah says, straightening out his suit.

"O-kay." Kai nods, removing his hand.

Molly scoffs, before turning back around and following Haley down the dirt path toward everyone.

Kai watches as the two converse, and a group of people stand to greet Molly. He smiles at the sight of Molly being met with unexpected hugs— knowing that she doesn't like them. But a small part of him felt, strange. Not jealous— just something he couldn't put into one word.

The crowd was a river sweeping her away to a reality he could never give her. A family. A real one. With people like her. He watched wanting her to turn flash that unforgettable smile and gesture for him to follow but it never came, he was her past and had no place in her new life.

He shook the negative thoughts from his head, knowing he was being dramatic. He should be happy for her. But why was he feeling so awkward?

"So, siphoner witch, serial killer, turned leader of the Gemini Coven, yes?" Elijah speaks up, and Kai turns to him— forgetting he was there.

"You're familiar with my resume." Kai smirks smugly, before the two turn back to watch Molly and Hayley. "And you, the slightly more intimidating Original vampire." Kai says. Elijah turns to him, with a confused look on his face, that could only be seen by someone who was really looking for any sense of expression from him. "You're quiet and it scares me." Kai squirms a bit before crossing his arms and leaning against Hayley's car. "Klaus scares me too, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather be stuck in a room with him—"

"You and Molly seem quite close." Elijah interrupts, getting bored with Kai's quick words.

"I would think so." Kai says confusedly. The way Elijah spoke made it seem like Kai should think otherwise.

"I've known Molly for a very long time." Elijah says, lifting his chin and watching Molly. "I haven't seen her like this, ever. Not even with my sister."

Kai turns to face him. "Like what?"

"Happy." Elijah responds.

Kai turned back to Molly. The way she nodded along when someone was talking to her. The way she laughed awkwardly when conversations fell short. The way she fumbled with her hands behind her back when she didn't know what to do with them. The way she kept glancing back at Kai and sending him little smiles, to tell him that she was okay.

She was happy. And Kai felt selfish for thinking that she should only reserve that feeling for him— even if he only thought it for a second.

"You both have those hazel eyes like your mother." One of the pack elders tells Molly and Hayley. Molly's breath hitched a bit, she wasn't used to someone talking about her mom. She wasn't even used to thinking about it.

"This is Jackson." Hayley says, gesturing towards a tall brunette man that came walking towards them. Molly could immediately tell that he was a nice guy. He had one of those smiles that just felt like home.

Molly shakes his hand. "I'm Molly." She says. "Denver." For the first time, she felt like she was lying when she said her name.

"I know." Jackson smiles. He had a strong southern accent that was frequent throughout the pack. "We're all so happy you're back." He nods.

Back. The word didn't sit well with Molly.

The day continues into nightfall. They had started a bonfire in the clearing of the bayou 'celebration' of Molly's return. The fire came to light up the night, to warm air that was more accustomed to the winter chill.

Molly's head rested on Kai's chest, who leaned against one of the logs that sat a little bit farther away from the crowd surrounding the fire. "It's different here." Kai spoke, gently combing Molly's hair with his fingers like he had been for the past few minutes.

"I thought so too." Molly responded, watching the pack hang out around the fire. "Not even in the Bayou— but in New Orleans alone. There's no—"

"Shitty friends?" Kai raises an eyebrow.

Molly scoffs. "Actually, yeah." She sighs.

Kai waits a second before speaking again. "Do you like it here?"

Molly thinks about his question, avoiding the real answer. "New Orleans is so pretty—"

"No, the Bayou." He says.

Molly took a deep breath. "I don't know." She begins, sitting up and leaning against the log beside him. "I've always wanted a family. Someone who understands me." She shrugs. Kai lifted his gaze off of Molly and turned toward the fire with a subtle scoff. "That's not what I meant." Molly began, regretting her words. "I just mean— other wolves. Someone who understands that side of me."

"I get it." Kai nods, turning back to her. "...But?"

"But now that I've got it— it doesn't feel right." Molly says. "I don't think I'm meant to be apart of a pack. I've been alone my whole life." She turns to Kai with a soft face. "I just want to be with you."

He smiles. "I am pretty cool." Kai shrugs sarcastically. Molly laughs and shakes her head. "Come here." Kai says softly, as he wraps his arms around her, welcoming her back to lay on his chest as they watched the celebration.

And finally, the sun rose, filling the sky with shades of orange and pink. Peach and magenta, amber and rose, radiating hope, a new beginning. Another chance to live.

Molly sat on the fountain in the middle of the compound, the water running being the only sound that echoed off the walls until Hayley came in.

"Hi." Hayley spoke, inhaling deeply. Molly turned to her and smiled softly. "Elijah said you wanted to talk?" She raised her eyebrows, walking towards her and sitting down.

Molly nods, and a few seconds pass before she spoke up. "So much has happened in the past two days." She shook her head and scoffed.

Hayley watched as Molly's gaze stayed fixated on the ground. "I know." Haley sighs. "Things never seem to settle around here."

Molly looks up, unaware of how to word her next sentence. She barely knew Hayley— barley knew how to talk to her. "That's why I don't think we can stay." She blurted out.

Hayley looked taken back for a second. "What?" She narrowed her eyebrows at her.

"Me and Kai are leaving." Molly spoke softly, instinctively avoiding eye contact with Hayley. It wasn't even awkward, Molly was just so used to only making choices based on how it would make others feel— and now that she's making one for herself, she didn't know how.

"You have a pack here." Hayley's eyes looked a bit worried.

"You have a pack here." Molly began. A knot started to grow in her throat. "They deserve someone who will fight for them— and be there beside them through everything and I— can't give them that like you can." Molly says quickly, shaking her head.

Hayley smiles faintly. "Where will you go?"

"We're thinking maybe somewhere in Maine? It's supposed to be really pretty there." She shrugs again, trying to make herself feel better about leaving Hayley behind— something she never thought she'd have to worry about. "But just because I'm leaving doesn't mean that I won't come back." She says. "I'll be here the second you need me I can promise you that." Molly nods hastily.

"You too." Hayley looks at her. And before Hayley could react, Molly had embraced her in a hug.

It felt awkward at first— hugging someone you'd just found out was your sister less than a day ago. But it also felt natural, like they'd known each other their whole lives.

"Hugging already?" Klaus says out of nowhere, striding into the compound with his hands crossed behind his back.

"Oh shut up, Klaus." Hayley says as she pulls away, rolling her eyes.

"Well you're definitely Molly's sister." Klaus inhales sharply. He turns to Molly. "Kol's ready."

Hayley glances at Molly confusedly. "For what?"

"A protection spell. To keep Kai and I hidden from his family." Molly says, standing up from the fountain.

"They're that bad?" Hayley asks, following Molly and Klaus upstairs to where Kol was.

"Worse." Molly scoffs. "They'd hunt us down for no reason other than to spite us."

The three walk into the library, in which Kol, Kai and Elijah were all working on the spell. Molly looked taken back to see Rebekah sitting lazily on the couch too, as she wasn't there earlier.

Her eyes darted from Rebekah and back to Kai who watched as Kol reread the spell from the grimoire he had in his hand. "All you guys need to do is drink this." Kol spoke, handing both Molly and Kai a vile of a clear liquid. Kai sniffed the vile, turning his nose up at the smell. "I see you're not very familiar with Ancestral magic." Kol remarks.

"No." Kai says. "My coven was more onto twin sacrifice and stuff." He shrugged, like it was no big deal.

"Get on with it, Kol." Klaus says. "We've got bigger problems at hand right now."

Molly ignored Klaus, turning to Kai and giving him a knowing look before they both drank the liquid. Kol began some sort of incantation, as the two struggled to get whatever they had just drank, down.

The spell ended, and Molly narrowed her eyebrows at Kol. "Did it work?" She asks.

"Lets find out." Kol sighs, before turning and grabbing a map and a small dagger, then sprawling the map down on the table that everyone crowded around.

He handed Molly the dagger first, and she hesitantly dug the blade into her palm before handing it off to Kai who did the same. The crimson blood flooded from their hands and onto the map as Kol began a different incantation. Molly had seen Bonnie do many locator spells before, and she waited for the blood to trail around on the map— but instead it just vanished.

Kol nodded. "It worked."

— FOUR YEARS LATER —

Molly peeked around the tree, at the hats and the dresses and the suits... but mostly she was soaking in the atmosphere, an energy that made her giggle and her little body keep on moving even if her feet were still.

Molly watched happily as Hope sprinkled light pink petals down the flowery path the witches crafted specifically for the wedding.

The bridesmaid held the flowers as if they were joy fashioned into delicate petals, as if love had been transformed into their fine aromatic perfume. Hayley, her maid of honor, look almost as nervous as Molly. Rebekah, Davina and Freya stood beside Hayley in their matching dresses. Hayley locked eyes with Molly, subtly. gesturing for her to come on.

She'd been so lost in thought that she'd forgotten what she was to do next. Molly felt her breath hitch as she took her first step down the path— feeling everyone's eyes sink into her skin as the music began to play.

She wanted to puke. She wanted to tell everyone to turn away and let her do this on her own. She didn't like crowds. She didn't like being the center of attention.

But then she caught his tear filled eyes, and they became the only two people in this garden.

Watching Molly slowly step down the garden aisle was enough to send Kai into a choked-up state. The golden setting sun reflected on the silhouette of her body, and danced on the small white flowers tucked into the curls of her hair. Hope grabbed her hand and led her up the few steps to the alter.

"Thank you, Hope." Molly spoke softly and quietly, sending the girl a little smile.

She met eyes with Kai, his lips quivering with the most overjoyed feeling as he knew he was finally getting to marry the love of his life. The corners of their lips curled into smiles that tried their best to hide their laughter as neither of them could believe what was happening.

As everyone took their seats, Molly glances behind Kai to see Kol, Klaus, Elijah and Josh lined up behind him as his best men. Klaus gave her a proud smile and nod.

The priest that stood beside them began speaking. "We are gathered here today to witness the union of Malachai and Molly. Welcome friends and family! We're glad to have you with us today." She spoke, examining the audience. Molly and Kai kept their eyes locked on each other— both knowing they weren't actually listening the priest. "Today is the beginning of a remarkable journey for this couple. Drawing on their mutual admiration, respect, and trust, they are ready to embark on the next chapter in their lives. We celebrate the love and light evident in their relationship, and wish them well on this joyous occasion."
The priest continued on, but Kai spoke quietly to Molly.

"This is very—" Kai whispered, looking around at the extravagant wedding and widening his eyes. A giant willow tree over hung the alter, with candle lit lanterns sat on the branches.

"Very Rebekah." Molly laughed quietly.

"I heard that." Rebekah whispered from behind Molly.

Molly and Kai tried their best to hold in their laughter again. He smiled at her softly. "You look beautiful." He nodded. She immediately looked down toward her feet in embarrassment at his compliment, like she always did.

"I will now invite the couple to share their vows with one another. Malachai and Molly, the promises you make today are sacred; they are the groundwork from which your marriage will grow and blossom over time." The priest nodded toward them. "Malachai, would you like to go first?"

Kai cleared his throat. "Sure— yeah." He nodded quickly, hastily fumbling in his suit jacket for his paper.

He quickly wiped a tear that was about to fall before his shaky hands opened up the crumpled white sheet. "Okay." He exhaled deeply and glances from the paper and up to Molly. "Okay." He repeated, Molly's heart ached at his nerves.

Kai took another deep breath before speaking. "If you had told me six years ago that I would be so in love with someone as I am right now—I would've laughed in your face. I never knew I was capable of love. Let alone deserving." A knot began to grow in his throat as he spoke. "You are the best thing that has and will ever happen to me. You make me better. You help me grow. You bring me more joy than I can put into words." Kai looks up at her. "I have been in love with you for years and yet I still get the same feeling I got when she first told me she loved me." A tear falls from his eye as he reads on. "I love you. That means I would defend you with my life even if the odds were insurmountable. It means I will comfort you in the difficult and painful times. It means I will dance and rejoice with you when times are good. It means I will never betray you, never give up on you. You are my first love, and my last love— and that's all I could ever want."

Molly wanted to erupt into tears, this building up in her chest was no other feeling than utter happiness.

"Molly, your turn." The priest spoke.

At that moment, Molly hadn't noticed the tears spilling from her eyes. She sniffled. "Oh." She nodded quickly, looking around for her paper.

"Here." Hayley peeked from behind her and handed her the vows she wrote.

Molly wiped away the rest of her tears before speaking again, and Kai laughed slightly through his soft happy sobs. She opened her paper and exhaled deeply before speaking.

"Falling in love with you was like entering a house and finally realizing I'm home. When you smile at me I feel invisible hands wrapping around me making me feel safe. When your eyes are locked on mine, it's like I can see galaxies instead of just pupils. Having you in my life makes me feel like everything's possible in this world, like I can conquer anything." Her hands shake quickly as she reads on. "You made me realize my worth. You make me a better person. You saved my life. This love, this feeling, is just you and me. We were born to spark and run the same course. We are the protectors of one another, confidents and true friends. The trust I give you, that you give me, is what keeps us safe in this world, in this life. So whether this heart beats another day or another hundred years - it is yours."

"Malachai and Molly, it's time to join hands." The priest spoke.
Kai gently grabbed Molly's shaky hands and held them in his. "Malachai, before your family and friends, do you take Molly as your beloved Wife, to have and to hold, through laughter and in sadness, through challenges and successes, so long as you both shall live—"

"I do." Kai spoke quickly, barely letting the priest finish her sentence. The audience murmured with quiet laughter.

"Molly, before your family and friends, do you take Malachai as your beloved Husband, to have and to hold, through laughter and in sadness, through challenges and successes, so long as you both shall live?" The priest turned to Molly.

"I do." Molly nodded, watching as Kai smiled happily.

Hope, who was previously standing beside Freya, walked to the alter and handed both Kai and Molly the rings.

"By wearing these rings, you will be always reminded of the connection you share and the vows you have made today." The priest spoke as they put the rings on each other's fingers.

"By the power vested in me by the state of Maine, under the fold of the Elements, I happily pronounce you Husband and Wife!" The priest said happily. "Malachai, you may now—"

Kai quickly grabbed Molly's face and connected their lips. The audience erupted into cheer and celebration as Molly wrapped her arms around him to keep balance— as he almost toppled over her with eagerness. They smiled into the kiss, leaning their foreheads on each other after pulling away.

"Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time, I give you Mr. and Mrs. Parker!" The priest shouted over the cheering.

Molly excitedly lifted her bouquet in the air as she leaned in to kiss him again. He cupped her face with his hands after pulling away again.

"How about a 1994 honeymoon?" He asked sarcastically.

Molly smiled widely and laugh. "No way."

a/n
me?? writing a happy ending??? more likely than u think.

thank u all for reading🥺🥺 i loved this story and it makes me so happy that other people liked it too.

CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOK,
UNDER THE VIOLET MOON

DARCY CHASE had a bright future.
        There was a steadiness to her, as if all the storms in the world were a whispering breeze if she was there. She was kind and clever, perhaps that's what drew people to her. She'd gotten very used to her routine. Every day she went to school, and went to work right after. Growing up in Southeil Harbor her entire life, drastic changes were not a common occurrence. You spent your days relaxing at the beach, and your nights partying at the pier. Though the town is plagued with strange disappearances and unexplainable occurrences, everyone knew to just turn a blind eye.
        However, ignoring it became difficult for the girl as she found herself thrown into the reason behind it all. Due to accidental circumstances, Darcy unravels the secret history of Southeil, and in that, became one of the few girls in power to stop the dangers that are soon approaching.

KIERAN DUMONT only knew one thing.
        He grew up in power. With strict rules, and no time for play. His family was destined for one thing; keep the witches in check. It was a task only performed by the Dumont's, and it had been their job for centuries.
        The boy was quiet, but not out of painful shyness. It was a reservedness, like a conscious choice to observe the lie of the land before he got involved. Every word he spoke was calculated, as it was all he had ever learned. He came to Southeil to do the one thing he was trained to do. And the moment he met her-he knew things weren't going to be as easy as he had prepared for.

or

GO CHECK OUT MY OTHER COMPLETED KAI FIC
'villains of circumstance'
here's a passage from chapter 4:

Daisy quickly caught glance of Kai, turning a corner and disappearing once again. Without hesitation, she followed him. She wasn't sure why, but she mainly just wanted to catch him in the act if he was doing something stupid. Daisy liked to have things to hang over people's head.

She turned the corner he had previously disappeared behind, only to see him leaned up against a brick wall, lighting a cigarette.

He didn't see her at first, so she took that as a chance to get away without being talked to. "Are you following me?" Kai asks, smugly.

Daisy stops in her tracks, turning back around to face him. "Are you wearing sunglasses when there's no sun out?"

Kai scoffs, putting the cigarette in between his lips again. "You never been high before?" He asks.

"I have." Daisy responds defensively, like it was some proud achievement she had.

"Didn't know you and Josette were friends." He says, blowing the smoke out of his mouth, then holding out the cigarette for Daisy.

Daisy accepts it and takes a quick puff. "Yeah." She nods, handing it back to him.

"I'm surprised." He shrugs, turning to look at Daisy. She didn't like not seeing his eyes under those glasses.

"Why?" Daisy asks.

He shrugs again. "She must be really desperate."

Daisy's mouth gapped open and she scoffed. "You are such a dick." She shakes her head in disbelief.

Kai shrugs, for the third time in a row. Daisy turns on her heel, before walking back to her seat with her blood boiling. What he said wasn't even that bad, but it was just the way he acted, the way he felt like he was better than her, that's what pissed her off.

— jane xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 617 11
Whenever I read books or watch some movies or tv shows, I always say that the MC should have done it differently then whatever they faced would've en...
215K 7.9K 35
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ᴍᴇʟ ᴘᴀʀᴋᴇʀ ʜᴀꜱ ɴᴏ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴍʏꜱᴛɪᴄ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ᴅʀᴀᴍᴀ. ᴛᴏᴏ ʙᴀᴅ ꜱʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ. 「oc x niklaus mikaelson」 「the vamp...
604K 14.2K 57
ᴛʜᴇɴᴀ ꜱᴀʟᴠᴀᴛᴏʀᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʜᴇ ᴄʜᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ. ꜱʜᴇ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʜᴏᴘᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ 𝘗𝘦𝘰𝘱�...
22.2K 639 14
𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚊 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚏𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗? 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒�...