Grew Up To Be Your Husband |...

By Endless_Infinity

You don't know how much a kid can be determined if you promised something. | A Short Story | [This is purely... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Epilogue [Extra +18]

Chapter 13

14.5K 1K 123
By Endless_Infinity

Xiao Zhan was spacing out inside the elevator thinking how did he ended up falling in love with Yibo. Aiya isn't this too clichè? He thought as he closed his eyes, very deep in thought that he holds his chin.

Well, the PA could say that the CEO is very sweet and straightforward. He even has a handsome face, a hardworking man and actually very kind despite having a poker face. Xiao Zhan nods his head slightly, I can see why everyone seems to be attracted with him.

"It seems like Mr. Xiao is thinking about something." Hearing his name being mentioned, he quickly opened his eyes and saw a tall man who had a soft smile on his face. "Ah, good afternoon, mister Huai Kuan, I was just thinking of... Paperwork," he chuckled awkwardly as he gave a short bow at the chairman from another branch of the Wang Corp. He also found out about a month ago that he was the man inside the room where Xiao Zhan had pushed Wang Yibo and he is also Yibo's step-brother.

"Good afternoon, you seem to be in high spirits,"he said politely and Xiao Zhan shifted for a bit inside the elevator. "Ahaha, about that..." The elevator door made a sound of ding as it opens. To the PA's surprise, it's the CEO with an impassive look on his face but after seeing his step-brother and Xiao Zhan together, there was an obvious frown on his face.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Wang," he greeted and gave him a short bow. Yibo gave him a slight nod.

"Hello, brother. Where have you been?" The chairman greeted and Yibo stepped inside between them. "I went down and waited with Ms. Qi for her ride to arrive," he said calmly and Lu Huai Kan smiled at him.

Xiao Zhan sighed in his heart, look at this man, assisting women even outside work. He stayed silent as he quietly listen to the brothers' conversation.

"Mother said that she wanted to see Ms. Qi for dinner," the chairman said as he looked at Yibo. "Yes, I already invited her tonight."

"Then it's settled. Oh here's my floor. I need to discuss with the stockholders," Lu Huai Kuan said as he gave the two a smile and excused himself inside the elevator. Xiao Zhan politely bid him farewell and so did Yibo.

Once the elevator doors closed, the awkward atmosphere appeared between them. Xiao Zhan doesn't know what to say and Yibo isn't muttering anything. Xiao Zhan gave a low cough and said,"Is the weather outside nice?"

Why of all of things am I asking that!? Xiao Zhan wanted to facepalm and hide.

He hears a slight snort and the CEO replied, "It is. It would be if you can actually see it." Damn- The PA's heart was pounding since it was the first time he heard the CEO snorting.

"Ah, then I'll check it out through my window later," he replied as he just stared at the closed elevator doors. Aiya, why is the elevator slower than usual?

"Zhan-ge," the CEO called out. "Ah? Yes, Mr. Wang- I mean, Yibo?"

"Cancel all of my appointment this coming Friday," Yibo instructed as he fixed the fancy watch on his wrist. "Noted, sir." Xiao Zhan was going to be honest, he felt disappointed. He thought he was gonna say something important about him.

"I don't mean to be nosey but why do you want to cancel all of your appointment this Friday? There's supposed be a meeting with the new release of textiles," Xiao Zhan said as he looked over his clipboard.

"I have a dinner with Ms. Qi," he calmly replied and Xiao Zhan wanted to smack this CEO ah! "Oh," that's what all he could reply and internally he was screaming. Why? Wang Yibo loves him, does he not? Why- For just a lady, he had to cancel everything for her? Aren't they already eating together with his family tonight?

The PA felt wronged since he was very close to the Wang family before. Xiao Zhan wanted to smack himself. Right, that was before. Things obviously changed. But should Yibo be telling his mom that he and Yibo met at the company?

Xiao Zhan frowned slightly and finally the elevator doors opened. Wang Yibo first stepped out of the elevator and didn't say a word as he made his way to his own office. Xiao Zhan sighed as they went separate ways without saying anything.

He opens his office door and puts the clipboard at his personal desk. "Guess he's a playboy," Xiao Zhan hissed for a bit as he clenched his right fist. "Aiya, I feel like a huge idiot."

He takes out his phone and sat down on his cushioned chair. On the first call, Yu Bin immediately answered. "Hello, Zhan?"

"Hey, Bin. Sorry for disturbing you. I was..." he trailed off as he ran a hand through his hair. "Being in love sucks." There was a chuckle from the other line. "Something happened again?"

"Yeah," he whispered as he twirls on his chair and explained to his friend what actually happened earlier.

"That's rough... Well how about this," Xiao Zhan puts his phone closer to his ear and listened to Yu Bin's words attentively. "What!? I'm not doing that!" He complained as he felt his ears flush.

"Why not? Isn't romantic?"

"I'm an awkward person who doesn't know how to flirt," he huffed as he kept spinning around his chair. "Give it a shot. I promise you, it works everytime."

"How are you so sure about this? You didn't even had a girfriend before," he deadpanned and Yu Bin scoffed, "I watched a lot of dramas."

"Then that only applies to dramas! Isn't this too clichè and unrealistic?"

"You make it happen, then it's realistic."

Xiao Zhan sighed as he massaged his temples. "If this doesn't work, I'm gonna jump at the bridge."

"That won't happen. I assure you buddy."

"Well it better not since I don't know how to swim!"

• • •

Xiao Zhan finished his work early and headed out of his office. He quietly knocks at the CEO's door and waited for his answer. He stood there for a while but it seems like nobody was inside? The PA called out softly but no one answered. He sighs for a bit and opens the door. He sees Wang Yibo who had his head lowered with a hand supporting his head.

"He's asleep?" Xiao Zhan whispered and saw the amount of paperwork on the CEO's desk. He approached him and noticed how these papers were from 3 days ago and they still weren't being processed. What was this guy doing all this time?

Xiao Zhan stood there contemplating if he should wake up Wang Yibo or not. He puts down his bag at the side and went closer to Yibo and shaked him lightly. "Yibo?"

Seems like this guy isn't having any proper sleep lately. Xiao Zhan takes out his pen and peels out a sticky note and wrote something down.

Good evening, I went ahead since I have other business to do. Have some rest for while and if you need help, just call me.

-Zhan

He placed it at the front where he can see it when he wakes up. Xiao Zhan walks over the couch and takes a pillow and slowly moved Yibo to rest his head there. He saw that the CEO actually took off his coat and Xiao Zhan drapes it a t his shoulders.

He looked at the man who was sleeping soundly and felt proud with his job. He gave a satisfied smiled and went out with the door closing with a click.

• • •

It's been a while since he walked at the sidewalk or went by himself. It's because Yibo would always take him home aftet work. He actually felt a bit lonely.

Xiao Zhan walked through stores and reserved and ordered different types of things that had his wallet crying. He felt like an idiot but he actually found relief from shopping just for someone.

I kinda feel stupid from listening to Yu Bin. I just hope this works! Xiao Zhan thought. The said man felt fired up and determined to do the thing his friend told him.

"Wang Yibo, just you wait for me."

---
Sorry for the typos! Please do point it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 12.7K 12
Even married people have arguments and fights. Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan is not an exemption. | A Short Story | Wonderful cover by @soymiiik ♡ [I don't...
136K 8.8K 12
Xiao Zhan, Wang Yibo's ex, makes a list to why people shouldn't love his ex-boyfriend. | A Short Story | [I don't own the characters! This is purely...
154K 8.8K 29
A Yizhan fiction... Containing angst to a limit till it becomes limitless... Mentally as well as physically prepare yourself before reading this...
401K 24.2K 27
Wang Yibo is bully in the college, while his main target is innocent boy called Xiao Zhan. but everything changes when Zhan gets to know about his l...