They Don't Know About Us

By superstar-striker

To everyone else it seems like Elliot Griffin is living the dream. She is living out her dream playing profes... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
*IMPORTANT*
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|61|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
The End...
|65| Final Chapter

|10|

12.7K 195 70
By superstar-striker

"Hey it's you!"

I look to see her cheeks redden at the action, "Y-yeah hey Griffin". "Hey sorry about bumping into you" I say glancing over her to see if she's alright. "It's alright I wasn't watching where I was going either" she reassures. "I didn't know you were staying in this hotel as well. What are you doing?" I ask. She just shrugs, "Yeah we didn't know you were staying here either. I needed a break from homework so I decided to have a look around the hotel". I can feel my smile brighten, "Cool. I was doing the same! Want to explore together?" Again her cheeks flush red as she nods slightly, "S-sure l-lets go".

So we started wandering the hotel. We looked around the gym in which we had a contest on who could do more pull ups in a minute, not to brag but I won. We just walked around the hotel aimlessly just talking about random stuff. When we got to my floor we knocked on Kelley's room and ran. When we peaked around the corner we saw Kelley looking around, she was probably expecting someone to jump out and scare her. We found an arcade with old games. So we played a car racing game, Pacman, shooting, basketball a load of other. Which she won most of them. It was great fun I really enjoyed being around her. "Hey I heard there was a pool want to go check it out?" I ask her as we finish up our game of pool. "Yeah sure. I did pool recovery earlier, it's pretty big" she agrees. When we got to the pool she was right, the pool was massive and it's was outdoor but looked cool. "Wow this is nice. I'm definitely going to go for a swim before we leave" I say still looking at the pool. "Yeah it's pretty nice-woah" she stumbles and falls into me

Knocking me into the pool.

I emerge from the water coughing up water. I look to she her panicking at the side of the pool, "God Elliot I'm so sorry. I slipped and I fell into you I didn't mean-". I cut her rant off laughing while I treaded the water, "It's fine. I'm okay it was an accident". She dropped her stuff beside her and kneeled down beside the pools edge, "Here let me help you out". I swam over to the edge of the pool and grabbed her hand. I look up at her my face adopting a mischievously grin. I think she realises her mistake but she's too slow because before she can pull her hand away, I tug her into the pool with me. She breaks the surface sputtering water from her unexpected dip in the pool. When she stops coughing and faces me both of us treading the water I grin at her, "I guess we're even now". She throws her head back slightly laughing, "I guess we are". "Your lucky my phone was in my jumper or else that could have ended badly. At least I waited for you to put your phone down before pulling you in" I teased. "Hey! I didn't mean to push you in. I slipped!" She defends splashing me with water. "I'm messing, I'm messing!" Covering my face from the water.

I decided to fight back and sprayed water back at her causing her to squeal in surprise. We are both trying to splash the other one while also to block our faces. Meaning she was half turned to me. So I dived under the water and swam behind her. I could see her movements still slightly. I spring from the water and grab her from behind and she screams in surprise, "Gotcha!" "You scared me! I thought something happened to you!" She complains and slaps my arm. "Sorry I didn't mean to" I say letting her go. It's only when I turn around I notice how close we are. I can see all the freckles on her face. I noticed she does this thing with her lip a lot. Her eyes seem to twinkle as well reflecting of the light from the water.

I think we both realised how close we were and we swam back a bit, "U-uh m-maybe we should head b-back". I nod, "Y-yeah. The team might be looking for me". We swam to the edge and I pulled myself out of the pool and helped her out. Then we hit our next problem.

We didn't have any dry clothes

"What are we going to do about our clothes?" She asks. I click my tongue and look around, "Ah ha!" I walk over to a rack of towels and grab two big ones and toss one to her, "there we go" "thanks". We dry off a bit so we're not dripping as much anymore. Now while I was okay with the cold it seemed like she wasn't. She had the towel wrapped tightly around her but she was clearly shivering. It probably didn't help that she was in a t-shirt and shorts. I grab my Arsenal hoodie which I dropped before being "thrown" into the pool and hold it out to her, "Here put this on". She just shakes her head, "No it's yours. You must be cold as well". I just take her towel and give her the hoodie to throw on, "I'm fine. And it's kind of my fault. I did pull you into the pool". She grudgingly takes the hoodie and puts it on and then wraps the towel back around her, "Thanks" "No problem".

We get into the elevator hoping to not run I to any hotel staff. I don't think they would be best please at us leaving a water trail around the hotel. When we press the button for her floor (which is apparently 2 floors below mine) my phone rings. "Hey Chris, what's up?". "Hey Elliot. Where are you? We're about to head to dinner and we haven't seen you since earlier". "Sorry I lost track of time I was wondering around the hotel. I'll see you-" but before I could finish the doors slide open. And standing in the hallway waiting to get in is Christen and Julie. Julie snorts when she sees me smiling sheepishly at the two remembering I'm soaked to the bone. "Now I guess. Hey guys" I chuckle. I step out and turn back towards the lift before they close, "I guess I'll see you later Canada". Her cheeks were once again bright red as she nods quickly, "Y-yeah. See ya later".

I turn back to my two teammates after the doors close. Julie grins at me, "So did you fall into the pool?" My cheek heat up as I stumble for an answer, "W-well I didn't fall in more as pushed". Christen just raised an eyebrow at me, "Your saying she pushed you in?" "Well she slipped and hit me and knocked me into the pool!" I explain. "But then how was she wet as well?" Julie asks. I grin at that, "I may have pulled her in after me". The two laugh at me before Christen tells me, "Well dinner is soon. You better get a move on or else you'll be late". That gets me moving as I set off jogging down to my room but before I get too far I can hear Julie turn to Christen, "Was she wearing Ellie's Arsenal hoodie?".

..............

I was quickly trying to get ready for dinner. I jumped in the shower knowing I was going to get a cold if I didn't. I was running around my room getting ready when there was a knock at the door. "It's open!" I shout as I dig around in my bag looking for my hair brush. The door open as I finally find my brush and start running it through my hair. "Hey" I turn around and see Alex standing in the doorway. "Oh uh hi Alex" I say timidly. I still didn't know if she was still upset about earlier and I wasn't sure how to act around her right now. Let's just say when one of you idols tells you they expected better from you it knocks you back a bit. I busy myself trying to find a hair tie to avoid not looking at her. "Can we talk Ellie?" She sighs from behind me. I just throw my hair up in a bun before I turn to face her nodding as I play with my fingers. "Look Elliot I'm sorry I blew up at you earlier. It was uncalled for. It's just when I hadn't heard from you and I didn't know where you were I was worried. I didn't know if you were in trouble or having a panic attack and that scared me because you mean a lot of me Ellie. To all of us" Alex said looking straight at me. I nod, "I get it. I should have taken my phone with me. I'm sorry". Alex moves forward shaking her placing her hands on my shoulders, "No no Ellie you have nothing to be sorry for. When I found out you were with Toby I should have calmed down. This was all on me". I smile at the woman who has taken me under her wing, "Alls forgiven. Hug?" Alex's smiles and nod, "Hug". I hug her tightly around her torso while she wraps her arms around my shoulders.

"I love you kid"

"I love you too...baby horse"

"You just HAD to ruin the moment didn't you"

"I couldn't help it!"

..............

We we all down at dinner. Luckily we came down before they sent a search party. I was sitting with the younger players. Emily kept fling food at Lindsey until Lindsey finally throw some back hitting her straight to the eye ending the fight. Rose was showing me and Mal pictures of her dog Wilma. Let me tell you I don't think you will find another person who loves their dog more than Rose.

Surprisingly dinner was very tame nothing too big happening. We retreated to Carli and Becky's room for team bonding. We were all kinda tired I guess because we were all lying around just talking. "Nawwwwww look at them" Emily coos as she videos Christen and Tobin lying beside each other on the bed. The three of us were lying on one of the beds. Tobin was on the left, Christen in the middle and I was on the right. They were talking about something while I was leaning against Chris as she ran her fingers through my hair half asleep. I was tired and I guess a bit stressed with everything. And like Christen always does, she instantly recognized that and helped me calm down like she did last time by running her fingers through my hair

To be fair, we did look cute together

"Shut up Emily" Tobin groans while Emily posts the video to whatever social media it was. Probably Instagram. "Cmon the two of you look like you've been together forever. And you treat Ellie like your child!" She defends. I can slightly hear the team murmur in agreement. I nuzzle my face further into Christen's side half asleep, "To be fair we do look cute". Tobin lightly smacks my leg as she heard me whisper, "Be quiet you. Why don't you go talk to Tyler?"

Now that peaks the teams interest

"Who's Tyler?"

"Does he play soccer?"

"What age is he?"

"Where does he live?"

"Is he hot?"

"Emily! Shut up!"

Hey guys! Guys not going to lie this week has been tiring. Like the first week back and I was so out of it that I pretty much took a nap every day after school. Now this is shorter than usual and I'm sorry but that's how it is. I'm sorry for those who hate that I don't update regularly but you have to remember as well as school I have sports and projects and I'm starting to learn how to drive (god help us all) so sorry if the updates are all over the shop. Also I know I technically didn't confirm who the person hanging out with Ellie was BUT let's be real here I gave you enough hints that it's pretty obvious who she was hanging out with/pushed her into a pool. But they will be confirmed probably in the next chapter. Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed. Comment anything you would like to see in the story and I'll see what I can do. Until next time, bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 5.9K 49
Rosie is a struggling teenager With abusive parents who won't allow her to play football, she spends every day fighting to find hope to stay alive Af...
Step up By Annac3

Fanfiction

28.9K 503 26
A new player has joined Arsenal WFC at a tense time. After playing in a championship club will she be able to survive in the top ranks? And will she...
444K 14.2K 154
In Emma's 21 years of living she has been to hell and back. She relies on a handful of people to keep her going. When one of them breaks her who will...
82.9K 1.5K 32
The story that shows my life at 16 and being the next top soccer player for the U.S. National team. Fanfiction of the USWNT some AU!