PRIORITIES (Completed)

By chaitali_14

Tiara Collins. A Daughter, a Sister, a Best Friend, a Girl with a Passion for Music, a Girl with Priorities... More

POSTER (snippet)
COPYRIGHT AND CAST #1
CAST #2 : PRIORITY
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26

15

1.7K 96 4
By chaitali_14

Seven stood behind Tiara's door. Confused if he should knock first or just get in. She would probably be asleep and knocking wouldn't wake her up. So he just softly opened the door and got in. She was sleeping soundly. A thick blanket spread over her. Her face was pressed against the pillow. Steven realised that she'd cried herself to sleep. Her eyes were swollen and cheek were damp. His heart almost broke.

Suddenly, Tiara's eyes fluttered open and she looked at Steven in confusion.

"Hey-Hey, I just came to wake you up," he smiled and sat beside her stomach on the bed.

Tiara would have returned the smile if things were okay, but no. Things  were terrible for Tiara now. She'd lost her mother. She just closed her eyes back. Sleeping was the only time when she wasn't hurting and the pain wasn't near her.

Steven sighed and patted her head and brushed some hairs away from her eyes. "C'mon, you need to eat something. Dad told me you haven't eaten much," Steven said softly. Steven thought he would just be ignored again but Tiara appreciated his effort with a humming voice that cane from the back of her throat. She still refused to open her eyes.

"Wake up, Tia," Steven shook her back gently. He realised that Tiara slept on her stomach alot.

Tiara sighed heavily and decided to just wake up now. There was no point in going back to sleep. She felt like shit. She tossed on her back and yawned opening her eyes. She got up into a sitting position and rubbed her eyes but winced when they hurt. She'd cried enough to make them swell.

"You feeling okay?" Steven asked.

Tiara looked at her brother and shook her head deciding to be honest.

"d-do you need a hug?" He asked, his voice a little awkward. Tiara stared into his eyes. Those big eyes which held innocence and pain. The pain that no child deserves. He smiled warmly and grabbed her head and placed it on his shoulder.

Tiara sighed. As much as she hated to admit it but she liked the affection her brothers offered her. It was like she really needed the care and comfort. Her family knew very well that she needed attention right now and they were ready to give all their attention to her. Anything that would make her feel better.

Steven patted her head a few times before speaking, "you should wash your face. You really look exhausted," even though she'd just woken up.

She hummed and lifted her head from his shoulders, "I'll be back." she mumbled and went into her bathroom. She splashed water on her face. The cold water startled her making her wince. But atleast that woke her up completely. Then, Tiara brushed her teeth and tried to comb the mess of a hairs down with her fingers. She dried her face with a clean towel and went back into her room where Steven was waiting for her patiently.

His eyes smiled through his shiny round glasses, "c'mon, let's go downstairs," he streched his arm out for her. She reached towards him and he immediately wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

Both of them went downstairs. Anthony was in the kitchen watching some football match on his phone. Maria was on a phone call on the dining table. Benjamin and Aiden were discussing something on the table too. Everyone seamed to stop doing whatever they were doing for a few seconds and stared at the weak looking girl who'd just walked down. Tiara didn't really like the unnecessary attention.

Steven and Tiara directly went into the kitchen and sat on the dining table beside eachother. Tiara fidgeted with her own hands and looked down.

What happened to the bubbly girl we've known all along? Literally everyone thought.

Anne kept a plate of omlette under her nose and caressed her hairs and went back to her work. Tiara didn't wanted to make a scene but she didn't feel like consuming anything even though she'd barely eaten anything in the past 24 hours.

Aiden sighed and sat beside Tiara. He took the fork and cut a small piece on it and held it infront of her mouth. "Open your mouth, Tia.." he ordered, but his voice was soft.

She hesitately opened her mouth and he place the piece in her mouth. Tiara almost couldn't taste anything as she chewed. The taste was sour even though she knew Anne was one of the best cooks she knew.... Apart from her Mom, Gwen. The though itself made her feel sick.

Before she even knew, another piece of omlette was infront of her mouth. Tiara shook her head making a few strands fall on her face.

"You need to eat something, baby," Aiden pleaded and tucked some hairs behind her ears. Tiara gave up on arguing and took the bite into her mouth. A few more minutes of feeding and Tiara felt almost sick.

"I'm full," she said in a quite voice.

Aiden looked down at the omlette and sighed, "you haven't even ate one fourth of the omlette. You need to eat more, sweetheart,"

Tiara shook her head, "I'll throw up," she muttered. 

"Don't force, Aiden," Maria told him. She was almost ready to go to work.

Aiden sighed and kept the fork in the plate making a clanking noise.

There was a glass of water infront of Tiara. She reached for it and took a few sips. Aiden relaxed, atleast she was taking care of herself a bit.

Tiara wanted to ask a question. She was hesitating but tried, "d-dad.."

"Hm.. Yes, baby?" Aiden asked.

"Um.. can I go at Mark's place?"

Aiden thought for a moment, "but—"

"Please," she looked at him with the eyes he couldn't resist. He sighed. He wanted her to rest but it looked like she had other plans.

"Okay, but you'll take one of your brothers too," Tiara nodded. It was fine by her.

"Who wants to go?" Aiden asked looking at his sons, "Ben can't by the way. He has some other work today," he said.

"I can go," Steven said.

"I don't have any problem too," Anthony said, not even sparing a glance at them but heard everything and likewise responded.

"Good," Aiden smiled, "get freshed up and leave with your brothers."

PRIORITIES

Anthony got into the driving seat whilst Steven got into the backseat letting Tiara take over the passenger seat. Anthony put the Google maps on and drove off to Mark's place. Everyone buckled themselves up on their seated and started with the ride.

Tiara was excited to meet her baby sister Suzan. Her face said otherwise but she really was excited. It was Just she had forgotten to show happiness on her face anymore. She had barely smiled since her mom had died and it was only somewhat 24 hours since she was gone.

Anthony's ride was fast yet smooth letting Tiara know that Anthony was a safe driver. No one talked though, it was really quite. Not like there was any awkwardness in the air. Anthony just focused on the road whilst Steven and Tiara stared outside through the glass window.

Fifteen minutes and the house was here. Tiara had been in this place a couple of times before when Mark invited them over or when he wanted Tiara and Gwen to meet Mark's side of family. The house wasn't a massive mansion like Tiara's dad's but it was decent. A two story house with balconies on either side of the house. A peaceful view to be honest.

The three siblings got out and walked towards the front door. As Tiara was the only one familiar to Mark's house, she took the initiative and pressed the door bell. A few moments lates, the door knop twisted and the door opened. Mark's Mom had opened it for them. Tori, Mark's Mom smiled at Tiara and engulfed her into a warm hug. They parted and smiled at eachother. Yet, Tiara's was a forces one.

"Welcome home, Tiara," Tori smiled and Tiara nodded in response.

Tori looked back at the two boys towering over Tiara like some bodyguards and smiled, "and who would be these big guys?" Steven smiled at that and Anthony held his cold posture on.

"They're my brothers," Tiara said merely. Tori nodded and let them in.

The three siblings got in and walked through the passage and then took a left turn where the living room was. Mark was checking the temperature of the nipple bottle where there was milk filled in. He was on the floor. Crouching down infront of the crip where his precious little daughter was sleeping soundly.

Mark felt someone's presence and turned to find Tiara and her brother home. He kept the bottle aside and stood up smiling. "Welcome home," he greeted and engulfed Tiara in a hug. Tiara hugged him back and felt the familiar pain radiating off Mark. They felt and understood eachother's loss and that is why they felt so comfortable around eachother.

"Hi boys, welcome home," Mark greeted the boys once he parted from Tiara.

Steven and Anthony nodded. Both of them looked around the house inspecting it. Steven smiled at Mark, "your house is very cool,"

Mark smiled back, "all thanks to my Mom,"

Tori snorted, "you're welcome, son," she then looked Tiara, "what will you kids have?"

Tiara shook her head, "I've had my breakfast before coming here,"

Steven and Anthony shared a look. Ofcourse.... The one fourth piece of an omlette was a breakfast. They though.

"And you boys?" She asked.

"Thanks, but we've also had food before coming here." Anthony said.

Tori nodded, "alright, I'll leave you guys alone. I'm in the laundry room if you need me," she said and left.

Steven looked at Mark excited, "is Susan awake?"

"I was about to wake her up. It's her feeding time," mark said.

Tiara walked forward "let me take her," Mark nodded and let her do that.

Tiara wrapped her hand around the back of Susan's sensitive neck and the other around her back and hoisted her up in her arms gently. There was finally a fond smile on her lips that actually reached her eyes and her brother did notice the change in her mood.

She rocked her back and fourth in her arms and kissed Susan's forehead. Steven walked towards them and caressed the baby's cheek.

"Aw.." Steven muttered and smiled.

Anthony dropped himself on the nearby couch. He wasn't interested in Susan. Because she wasn't his sister. He had problems in accepting Tiara as his sister and Susan was a completely different topic.

Now, Susan was woken up and was crying. Tiara was rocking her to quite her down and Steven was making funny faces for Susan.

Mark finally thought that the milk was warm enough for Susan to consume. He went over the two and put the nipple of the bottle between Susan's lips. She sensed the milk and involuntarily wrapped her small lips around it finally quiting down.

Tiara, Steven and Mark sat on the floor staring at the little baby drinking milk from the bottle like her life depends on it. Her big green eyes were filled with life and it gave Tiara a hope to have a new start.

Maybe Susan would be the one to heal Tiara's broken heart. Maybe she's the Angel. Maybe she's the one who would brighten Tiara's life back up.

~

Vote for more 💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 87 10
A hurricane disrupts many lives and takes some too. Ever heard of a phone call snatching away everything you had? Welcome to Antheia Boyce' life. Str...
16.2K 381 32
12 years ago the Italian Mafia princess was left at an orphanage "for her safety." Her 5 older brothers had to accept this and forced themselves to f...
91.6K 3.4K 33
Salvatore Smith meets a woman with whom he shared few nights after loosing his wife. It was 12 years ago, she was way younger than him, from a diffe...
Seven Sins By L

Teen Fiction

669 75 24
When Yara's father takes a second chance at love and remarries, she finds herself facing an unexpected challenge. Suddenly, she must learn to support...