Danger || Narry AU ✔

By MagicNarry

Complete Niall Horan, one of the last surviving members of the “Crimson Clan” a dwindling group of rebel drag... More

Danger (Narry AU)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Extra: Q&A
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Thank you
Soundtrack

Chapter 17

2.9K 151 110
By MagicNarry

I think I spoil you guys too much XD

Anywhore, another update for my incredible readers!

Dedication: @BriannaThornton6, @narrylaughs, @mynarrycupcakes, @SmilingNiallxxx, @NarryDirectioner123, and @taryneckert.

Answer: Spring- I love the rain and the whole ‘new beginnings’ part of it, and I love all the green.

Enjoy!

---

~Harry~

I couldn’t believe that this was all happening so soon. I mean, I expected him to find out eventually- if I stuck around that is- but my plan was to tell him myself, not for him to find out from a bastard like Thomas (and to think I considered Thomas a mate of mine). I watched Niall’s retreating figure, my brain telling me to stay put but my heart tried to urge me to chase after him. I couldn’t chase after him though, first I had to deal with Thomas, and then I would have to figure out a way I could talk to him and explain everything first. He had every right to be angry with me, upset and hurt- there was no way I could deny him those feelings, not after what had just gone down.

I spun around on my good ankle, glaring at Thomas who seemed to still have that damned smug smirk on his face. I wanted to yell and scream and beat the shit out of him, and kill him for hurting Niall- but really I was the one that had hurt him, I had lied to him, Thomas was just the one to point it out.

“You fucking bastard!” I hissed, stepping forward, my hands clenched into fists, teeth gritted, look deadly. I wanted to strangle him, stab him, and have Bane eat him, drown him in a lake, cut of his- erm- and staple it to his forehead. I couldn’t hold in my anger for long, but I was trying- so fucking hard, why, I didn’t know- I didn’t have the time to waste, to kill him because I needed to find Niall before he was long gone.

Thomas just smirked- that damned smirk of his- stepping forward as well. We were nose to nose soon enough, his face covered in a smug smirk (although I saw the fear twinkling in his eyes) and mine with a pissed off expression because I was pissed off. His expression turned mischievous and before I could react I was on the ground, the wind knocked out of me and he was jumping over me and running in the same direction Niall had gone.

Well bloody hell. I groaned, trying hard to get air back into my lungs. I was pretty sure a rock had cut the skin on my shoulder and my ankle hurt from the bastard tripping me, but I was too worried about Niall’s wellbeing. Thomas was quick, and so was Niall- don’t get me wrong he’s like a ghost- but Niall was stumbling from the get go, and he wasn’t in the right mind for any of this. I sat up, wincing at the stretch of skin on my back and I knew I would have a bruise and that I already did have that cut on my shoulder. I cursed, but stood up anyways. Ignoring the slight pain in my ankle, I stood up and began running the same way the other two had. My ankle protested, a small pain shooting up my leg with each step, but I kept my quick speed and eventually I was close to catching up. I could hear Thomas’ taunting, like he was playing some sick game, and that was enough to keep me motivated- to know that he wouldn’t touch a hair on Niall’s head.

I heard a thump echoing through the wooded area, and I sped up, afraid of what could have made the noise. Fortunately, I found Thomas trying to pull his blade out of a tree- struggling to do so, might I add- I smirked angrily. I gave him a chance, and he had thrown it away. I slipped my own dagger into my hand, walking steadily towards the boy who was now tugging harshly at the blade.

“Well, now what do we have here? A poor trapped, ass.” I snarled, no more pity, sympathy, voices in my head, to hold me back from slitting his throat. He jumped at the sound of my voice, and I just smirked evilly at him. I was no longer a mindless killer, but this would be easy- I have always tried to protect those I love- and he would have to pay for what he had just done.

“Harry, Haz, look okay? I just wanted to be seen as someone worthy, you’ve had plenty of kills already.” He insisted, his fear on full display, hands out in a kind of ‘giving up’ manner. My smirk had fallen to one of pure rage, I wouldn’t enjoy killing him- at the same time I would- but I couldn’t risk him hurting my Niall.

“He would have killed me if I wasn’t the one to kill him Thomas, you know that. And you also know this one is different, that he isn’t just a target to me. You saw it in my face. You brought this upon yourself.” I hissed out, stepping forwards again as he took a step back, stumbling slightly. “He isn’t some target and you knew that, he meant something to me- he means something to me- and you were willing to kill him.”

He shook his head erratically, begging me with his eyes not to kill him. He was still a kid for god’s sake, but I cared too much for Niall- I couldn’t let him go and kill him, and I couldn’t let Thomas expose me to the king. Before I truly had the chance to really do anything, the sound of wings filled my ears, and the trees began to swish around sporadically with the strong force. I tensed, scared it was Bane coming to get me.

In a way I was right- it was Bane, but instead of swooping down and killing me she flew down, clamped her mouth down over Thomas (who at this point was screaming bloody murder, not that I blamed him) and swallowed him down with one more powerful bite down on his frail body, cutting off the screams and only the crunch of his bones breaking was heard. She looked at me, with this unreadable look, and flew away back up into the clouds to stay safe.

“Thank you.” I whispered behind her, and I could swear she glanced back before she was gone. I swallowed harshly, thinking over everything that had just happened in the past minute and a half, just standing there trying to figure out if it was all my imagination or reality. It just happened so fast, but I was grateful she spared me.

Thinking of Bane, had me thinking of Niall- the real reason I had even followed Thomas into this stupid forest- and I remembered what I had to do. I took off in the general direction I thought Niall had gone, but I really couldn’t be sure. Everything was so similar, greens and trees, and leaves. It was all the same any way I turned. I felt utterly useless, my sense of direction gone and I felt disoriented. I hated this feeling, I hated it with a burning passion but I hated the feeling in my chest even worse. The pressure on my chest, the feeling of my heart being in a billion little pieces, the unequivocal stabbing pain of heartbreak- it was horrid. I just couldn’t let myself believe he was truly gone, and I wouldn’t allow myself to think of him in someone else’s arms. That was something I couldn’t handle.

I couldn’t handle losing him.

I couldn’t believe how easy I thought it would be to leave him behind- to protect him of course- but I was so wrong. I had grown attached, yes, but imagine if we had been in Navette and I really had to leave him? I would have never been able to do it. I would have died, in fact I feel like dying right now without Niall with me. I felt like I was dying, slowly, like some sick soul was trying to make this as difficult as possible.

It was an odd feeling, the feeling of your heart breaking but then you feel like your heart isn’t even there to break in the first place. Like Niall had taken my heart when he had stumbled away- he did in fact do just that- but the pain of it breaking was still there. It was a mystery, a math problem not even Einstein could answer, an answer completely unattainable. I felt like I was part of some sick little game, to see how far I could be pushed until I broke. I didn’t even know that answer myself.

Shaking my head, I decided I needed to focus, to get out of my own head and into Niall’s. Anything that would allow me to find him, I would try it. I needed to find him. I was too attached already, and I couldn’t lose him because of this. I couldn’t lose him, I hadn’t told him everything. He didn’t know the full story, he didn’t know my thoughts, my feelings, my adoration for him. I couldn’t let us end like this- there wasn’t really an ‘us’ but in my head there was, there was a possibility of us that I wouldn’t allow myself to think about- and if I could tell him everything, and he still wanted nothing to do with me than I would let him. I just couldn’t let him hate me without knowing everything.

I knew he hated me, he hates me.

I could tell by the look on his face when he read that damn book, by the look on his face when he looked up at me after getting that new information, his face after seeing mine. The utter betrayal and sadness that engulfed the shining happy blue of his eyes showed it all. (Blue was insulting to the color of his eyes, but I couldn’t really find a word that would really give it justice.) I stumbled into a little clearing- literally stumbled, landing on my hands and knees, my breathing labored, my chest rising and falling quickly and tears filling my eyes in despair at the thought of losing him- and I took my time to breathe, feeling that I had already lost him. He was gone, probably forever, like the ghost he was. I didn’t want to believe it, but it was the most logical choice I had.

I looked up from the crabgrass that my gaze had been resting on and almost shot back, seeing a silver dragon not too far from me, and right in front of it was Niall. My Niall, with another lad. Neither of them noticed me, and I’m sure the dragon did but it did nothing- probably sensing I wasn’t there to hurt anyone, that I was hurt myself- and I inhaled sharply. This boy was a rider, someone he could actually be with, someone that hadn’t betrayed him.

I didn’t want to think it, I didn’t want to believe it, but I knew those thoughts were right. I stood up, but unfortunately the sudden movement drew both of their attentions. Niall tensed, slipping protectively in front of the new lad, and that hurt more than anything. I raised my hands in surrender, licking my lips and looked down to hide the gathering tears. The boy seemed confused- I couldn’t really say boy because he looked older than me, but I still would- when I glanced back at the pair. Niall also seemed confused, probably worrying why I didn’t seem to want to kill him.

“If I wanted to kill you, I would have long ago. Just- just let me explain Niall please?” I insisted, but he didn’t seem to budge. I bit my bottom lip, never in my life had I ever been this emotional. Not when my mother died- which yes was quite the traumatic experience- and not when I thought my father had died. Not even when I had lost my sister to a rider- no he didn’t kill her, she ran away with him, and she was the only person I had left at the time- never had I been like this, never had I felt like this.

It hurt so badly.

Please.

---

So a bit has happened in this chapter. It’s picked up a bit, yeah?

Why did Bane spare him?

Did Thomas get what he deserved?

Is Niall going to listen?

Is he going to forgive Harry?

Does this chapter give you a bit more insight?

Any references in this one?

How will Louis feel about Harry and vice versa?

What is going to happen next?

Do you like the new cover?

You guys are amazing.

Dedication to the commenter that can:

Answer this right: What is my favorite flavor of pudding?

(@taryneckert, I used your question)

Or

The commenter with the best pun!

6o Comments and votes for an update?

Xx Val

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.3K 47
[COMPLETED] Esmereld Payne, better known as Emera or Esme, has always been a rebellious young woman. She doesn't take shit from anyone and will put s...
189K 647 80
I DIDN'T WRITE THESE, I PUT THEM HERE SO I COULD READ THEM WITHOUT WIFI, I SUGGEST YOU READ THEM ON THE ACTUAL SITE BECAUSE LIKE ALL OF THE PARTS ARE...
8.6K 263 15
London was owned and terrorized by 5 young lads calling themselves: "Band of ExtraOrdinary Villains." They would destroy, annoy and scare people just...
55.1K 538 22
(UPDATE: okay so its one year later and i literally can not go through these with out cringing really hard. i honestly want to delete this and preten...