I am a love interest in a har...

Bởi Lenrai

Cause of Death: Car accident from madly running across a busy highway with a bucket of snot and tears for com... Xem Thêm

Read Before Proceeding (A/N)
Death
Escape
The Male Protagonist
A change of attitude (1)
A change of Attitude (2)
A change of Attitude (3-Uziel)
Don't Bicker with the Male Protagonist
Wounded Dignity(1)
Wounded Dignity (2)
The First Woman
The Contract
Who's That Woman?
Oblivious (1)
Oblivious (2)
The First Victim (Uziel)
Why are you here?
Starting Point (Uziel)
Misery Loves Company (1)
Misery loves Company (2)
Misery Loves Company (3)
Surprise
Why? (Uziel)
The Guys Around Her
B Is The Reason
Good Riddance
An Actor's Visit
Sorry
Patience is a Virtue
Misunderstandings
Sebastian (Uziel)
I Remember You
I will never like you (1)
I will never like you (2)
I will never like you (3)
Comparison
Mr. Smart
Give Me a Chance
Get you now
Truth be Told
Before I Fall
Am I really your friend..?
Be The Change!
Who am I?
The chance he never had...
I will also be selfish(1)
I will also be selfish(2)
Letting go(1)
Letting go (2)
Letting go (3)
Letting go (4)
Letting go (5)
Gone (1-Uziel)
Gone (2-Uziel)
Gone (3-Lilac)
Gone (4-Uziel)
Gone (5-Uziel)
Yeon Lewis
Chase
Lawrence
At my fingertips
I want to disappear
A Longing
Unhinged (Sebastian)
Hello To You
Decisions
Me, Myself And...
You are right
Dreams Come True(1)
Dreams come true (2)
Dreams Come True (3)
Just a dream
The Lies (Sebastian)
Leila
Rotten Lemon
Thrown into the hot pot
Secrets
The Eyes Lie
What Happened? (Sebastian)
Hold my Hand
I am real...
The line between Reality and Fantasy
Beside Me
Mama
I'm Back
End
Epilogue

Thinking Too Much

8.1K 375 21
Bởi Lenrai

I groggily woke up at the sound of my alarm blowing off. There was a pounding ache in my head making my movements sluggish and I couldn't open my eyes for the life of me, hence I could only reach for my phone blindly to turn the blaring sound off.

I feel sick.

My head feels like it's going to burst and my body feels heavy.

Five more minutes...

When I finally got the strength to check my phone a second time, I was startled by the number of notifications I received. There were at least twenty messages and twelve missed calls from Shirley and Lawrence.

Where are you?? (Lawrence)

Hey, if you think you can escape my questions today, you're dead wrong. (Shirly)

She's probably referring to the incident at the blind date as I have yet to clarify Axton's identity...

Mrs. Dorra is looking for you! (Lawrence)

I can't believe you're doing this to me! (Shirley)

As I read their messages one by one, it slowly dawned on me that I made a huge blunder.

I shot up like lightning bolt and quickly ran around my room, grabbing my things to get ready while cursing nonstop. I didn't even bother to shower, only washing my face and brushing my teeth before limping out of the apartment as I put my shoes on.

For the first time in my life, I showed up late at work. Yet, what's shocking is that I didn't get reprimanded by my superiors. In fact, I even got a three day leave!

It was a pleasant surprise though I can't help but wonder about Mrs. Dora's meek approach while talking to me. She'd always been the one to scream at me at the smallest mistakes so to suddenly behave in a very lenient and understanding manner is beyond me.

Lawrence even dropped the bread he was eating after watching our interaction. Meanwhile, Shirly mouthed what seemed to be a, "You lucky bitch!"

Indeed, I truly was lucky. Or maybe Mrs. Dora was finally starting to appreciate me..? That belief soon vanished when I happened to catch a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror.

It's a ghost. There's a ghost in the mirror.

No wonder Mrs. Dora was looking at me anxiously.

My face was scarily gaunt, shaded with dark shadows hovering under my blood-shut eyes. My once healthy-looking skin looks pale and clammy, it felt disgusting to the touch.

My appearance must have rattled the President when I passed by him this morning to have that leave approved so quickly.

Sighing, I trudged back to the apartment, feeling as if I would collapse any second now. I'm an idiot. How could I overwork myself to the point that I don't look human anymore??

I dropped on the soft mattress of my bed, and stayed still for a minute. Later on, I reached inside my bag to check my phone one last time in case any urgent matters slipped my mind, but was sidetracked by a box I don't recognize.

I took it out for inspection and was greeted by a pack of face masks. This... Shirly had discretely dropped it in my bag when I was leaving. Is it that bad..?

A note fell on my face.

'A woman should always look pretty!
P.S. you can pay me back by telling me who that man is.'

Of course it's a bribe...

I put it on my bedside table with a sigh before diving into a deserved sleep.

The next time I opened my eyes, I felt more than refreshed. The long nap helped ease the headache and I had the chance to organize my thoughts. First, I called the boss at the grocery store to inform him of my abrupt absence. Second, I cooked dinner for Uziel. And finally, I took a long bath to relax.

It was almost sundown when I removed the facial mask I put on some time ago. My skin definitely looked a little better, except for the dark circles under my eyes. And I still feel tired but compared to my condition this morning, I feel more alive. Now, the only thing left to do is to wait for Axton.

Since I was able to earn half of my debt, I was planning to wire the money to his account but we still haven't talked about the method of transaction. So when I heard the door open, I immediately got out of my room and offered to heat our dinner.

He looked down at me, as if checking something and said, "Mm... I'll change quickly."

I got to work and waited for him before immediately getting to the point.

"About my debt... Can you tell me your bank details so I could transfer the money?"

He paused then he looked at me for a long time as he chewed his food.

Is he nitpicking my appearance..?

The smile on my face was about to crack when he finally spoke, making me mentally sigh in relief.

"I don't remember."

"Eh?..." Then again, he's rich so his account is probably being handled by an underling. "Then...-"

"Give it here." He stretched his hand at the center of the table, making me flinch.

"Wh-what is it?" I was exchanging my focus between his fingers and handsome face in confusion.

What does he want me to do??

I looked at him questioningly but he didn't elaborate and only continued to look at me with his outstretched hand. Still confused, I slowly placed my hand in his.

"Umm... Like this?"

His hands tensed and for a while he just stared at the connection blankly. I soon realized this isn't what he meant due to the lack of response.

...Shhiii!

I immediately tried to retract my hand, hoping the floor would swallow me whole, but he surprisingly closed his fingers around my now sweaty hand. The embarrasament doubled, I felt like a burning pot of hot water as I stared at our joined hands. What is that!?

"Your phone."

"Why..!?" My voice came out louder than intended. But more importantly- Why is he not letting go!?

My other hand went to intervene by trying to unclasp his fingers that was holding mine captive, but to no avail.

He sighed impatiently and grabbed my unguarded phone with his free hand.

"U-umm... My phone..?" I ultimately gave up in trying to retrieve my hand, focusing instead on my poor phone he's currently holding hostage.

He ignored me and just fiddled with my phone until I heard something ring in his pocket.

Huh?

"I'll message you about the details later."

"Ah?" I looked at him dumbfounded.

His fingers moved to my wrist and then he placed my phone on my palm, looking unconscentious.

I don't understand... Was this the reason why he held my hand?

I suddenly felt his thumb draw a circle on my skin, making me jump in my seat as I quickly pulled my hand back. This time, he didn't stop me.

"Y-you-!" I looked at him accusingly but his face remained expressionless. Did I just imagine it a while ago..?

"What?" He asked, looking unperturbed.

I frowned, still weird out by the whole thing, but when I looked at his blank face again, I relaxed. I'm not his type so there's no need to overthink! After all, he didn't, not even once, do anything to me during the past few months we were living together.

"Nothing..." I finally answered and resumed to eat.

It's fine, I'll be leaving soon, anyway. Such things won't matter then. I nodded at my thoughts.

It was much later on while I was sipping a cup of warm milk when I remembered about yesterday's events. I fell asleep while drying his hair, didn't I?

I furrowed my brows as I peeked at Axton who was watching the news in the Living room.

Did I?

I tilted my head and gulped the contents of my mouth, thinking hard about the question. I did sleep in the midst of it! I don't remember ever going back in my room, after all!

That means...

My eyes widened. It's either he carried me to my room or I somehow sleepwalked. In which case, the latter is more believable. I don't believe he's that concerned that he would voluntarily carry me back...

I nodded. His personality just isn't like that...

***
A/N: Anyways! Peace, everyone!
‎(。-ω-)zzz

If you're loving it so far, please share some love for this plebian author at:

buymeacoffee.com/lenrai

Thank you!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

67.7K 1.9K 26
Picture this: I suddenly find myself in a medieval fantasy world, like the ones I used to gobble up in books. But here's the comical conundrum: I've...
350K 19.6K 37
"Lu ShiZun... I like you." "I like you too XiaoYin." "... My kind of like is where we'd tumble in bed all day all night kind of like ShiZun..." *fero...
170K 11.1K 38
"When I first saw you, I thought I'd have to kill you." "Uh, excuse me?" "But now I'll kill anyone that even thinks of laying a finger on you," he s...
215K 10.3K 42
You know how in every cliché chick flick there's always that scene where the girl looks across the crowded room and her eyes magically connect with a...