Arshi SS- The Moment Of Truth.

By RojalinKKGSR

Garima Gupta, a mother to her and a sinner to his mother's suffering!! More

Part 2.
Part 3.
Part 4.
Part 5.
Part 6.
Part 7.
Part 8.
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18

Part 1.

22.6K 562 47
By RojalinKKGSR

"He will come. He has promised to come for her, he has promised that he will not be late and make everything alright with a forever stamp."

Her heart only repeated these words as many time as she could. Teary eyes surrounding her, cry in these people's throat, sympathy in their eyes made her feel out of world. Why none was understanding her, why none was ready to have trust in her trust!! Dadi's revelation, Amma's past, their troubled and entangled past..etc can and should never be reason of their separation.

Actually there should be no reason of their separation, they have come a long way, they have waited for so long.. only with an hope that the next journey of life is going to be worth waiting, worth longing... They both have dreamt of a future of their own.

Their submission to each other, their night of love and emotion, their moment of passion and desire..were not only her trust in him it was also her belief in her. She loves him and she knows he loves her more. She could still feel his touch lingering on her skin, she could feel his lips playing against hers, the feeling of a woman from a girl was still enchanting her mind and body.

Hugging her knees to her heart, she pulled her Veil that slipped a little from her head and sat before holy fire burning in alter where their marriage was supposed to perform. Pandit Ji was ready, their respective families were there, she was there, their sisters were their.. All were there except him.

A slow whimper escaped from her throat.

"Khushi.."

She looked up at her sister, Payal continued trying to clean her sweaty forehead..

"How long will you wait Khushi?? Arnavji will not come..."

"Jiji.. I'm not waiting for any bus at bus-stop. I am waiting for my husband for our Marriage."

"Khushi..??"

"You don't trust him, I don't mind. But I trust him.. I do.!!"

Her eyes looked up at his sister, standing at a corner as if not ready to accept any wrong turn life could bring in her brother and sister in law's life.

"Di.. I don't have.. have my phone.. Please, call him once.( she stood up and walked till Anjali.) Tell him, he can't make me wait on our wedding day.. This is heights, Di. He will not be spared with "Sorry" this time.. He.."

Before Khushi could complete, the sound of shoes tapping against the floor reached in her ears. This tap against floor was as arrogant and loud as him. She turned around swiftly..

"Arnavji!!!"

At a few feet away, there was standing the man for whom her heart beats like a loud drum. He was standing there with a wounded forehead and bruised head. Her heart skipped a beat, his eyes were more reddish, even more than the henna colour in her hands. Dry marks of tears were evident against his cheek which were giving proof of his hiding for so long, trembling lips of his were trying to tell her something which were in alien language for her at that instant.

"Kahan the aap.. Aaj humari shadi hai Arnavji.. Aur aap hai ki??"

He did not reply just took his steps forwarded. She did not step back, he had made her understand that time has reached and they both should step ahead with each other.

"Arnav..Ji."

He loved to hear his name from her mouth, "Arnavji" reflects her respect, her emotion, her love, her attachment with him. It feels intimate, Her "Arnavji" is so different.. than.. others, like Payal addresses him with "Arnavji!!" Her call makes him feel homely, beside her.

"Your Mother Or I??"

She did not blink for next some seconds, not understanding what he was saying.

"Huh??"

"There is a choice you have to make today for lifetime.. What do you want Khushi, to be a daughter to Garima Gupta or Wife to Arnav Singh Raizada??"

"You don't under..understand what you.. are asking??"

"I do.."

"She is my mother.."

"That's why I am giving you the choice.."

"You are..a monster."

"We can save this for later.."

"If this is your decision and this is how you have plan to end everything between us then why did you even come??"

"Because I love you.. I want to know whom you will choose.."

"I have known you for last 1 and a half years and I know that woman since I was 8."

"And I have lived all these years with the pain of betrayal of my father to my mother for the second woman in his life. When ever I'll meet Garima Gupta, my mind will drive me back to those days, those gun sounds, those cry and pain."

"You have told me your love needs no proof."

"I am still my mother's son Khushi..", a drop of tear fell from his eyes.

Her eyes did not look away from him, she wanted to ask so many questions, to demand answers. Pain of 15 years or innocent love of one and half year. Which one should be the winner for this evening, who should judge this.

Garima Gupta could not stop herself anymore, two favorite people of her life can't drift away like this. Her daughter, her future, her marriage, her life.. nothing should be remain on stake!! And Arnav Bitwa, he was the one whom she has been searching for her little daughter. This question and confusion of Arnav Bitwa should never be questioned back, because none was there at his place so was her little daughter.

Being a mother, she has decided to be selfish.

"Marry her.. I promise I'll never come ever in her life."

She joined her hands before Arnav, Khushi quickly tried to dismiss her mother's joint hands. Her mother should never beg, at least not her marriage.

"No Amma.."

"I am talking to Arnav Bitwa Khushi..Let me talk."

He flinched, the moment heard Arnav Bitwa from her mouth. The woman who held a higher place before his eyes for giving Khushi the best upbringing even not being her biological mother. The woman beside whom, he had started feeling comfort and relax. Going to GH was another reason and that was her, she was making him feel that he has come back home. There was the glimpse of Ratna Maa he had started seeing in Garima Gupta..

Then how can this same woman could be the reason of his mother's suicide, his and his sister's troubled and hunted past, their pain and never ending suffering..

Was this façade all these days??

Turning to Khushi, she touched her cheek.

"When I brought you with me you were so little, not even for once you left my palu. You refused everyone but me.. you know why you did all these?? Because that little heart of yours trusted me Khushi.. Let your heart trust your Amma this time also. Let me give my daughter a better life, you will be happy here only. Arnav Bitwa loves you immensely.. We all know."

"What about you and me??"

******************

It's been 5 days. Wedding was done, Guptas left especially Amma. There was no news about them. And RM, this huge mansion started making her feel lonely only. Among the family like theirs, she has started to feel solitude only. Payal Jiji and Akash Jiju have plan to move to USA because of some official work for 6 months to her dismay only. But she did not try to stop them.

"Khushi Bitiya.."

She was brought down to earth, looking behind she straighten herself and stood up from bed.

"Ji Nani.."

Nani placed two cups of kheer in her hands.

"There is some kheer I have prepared.. I have brought some for you and Chotey."

"I'll surely eat it Nani.. But he is not here.."

"But Chotey just came 5 minutes back. I have met him already."

"He did??"

Right then washroom door was unlocked, wiping his face Arnav came out. A long stare was given by Nani to Khushi before leaving from there.

***********************

During mid night or past, it started raining heavily. A wide awake Khushi shut her eyes tightly hearing the thunder and witnessing lightening. Weather seem like a Black Monster only making her weaker. She pulled the duvet close to her chin to save herself. Suddenly lights went off and before she could react she felt she was being held securely from behind.

"Calm down.. Main hun yahan."

She did not reject him neither welcomed him, ""Your Mother Or I??", her mind again and again repeated same words utter by him. She did not wish to breath in same air where he breaths.. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.8K 4K 16
A take on what happens when a woman had had enough. This short story starts from when Khushi found out the reason behind her marriage. If you are h...
186K 7.4K 26
Hey guys It's KAVYANJALI08 Di's work I am only posting it here with her consent Gustakh dil, dil mein mushqil... Mushqil mein dil oh... Gustakh d...
637K 21.2K 52
Highest Rank 1# Mystery 28/5 This a very mature and dark story so read it keeping tissue paper. Just trust me i will never disappoint my readers. A s...
38.2K 2.1K 4
A short take on remarriage day of Arshi.