They Don't Know About Us

By superstar-striker

To everyone else it seems like Elliot Griffin is living the dream. She is living out her dream playing profes... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
*IMPORTANT*
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|61|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
The End...
|65| Final Chapter

|9|

13.3K 202 72
By superstar-striker

"We're here to talk about Elliot"

Everyone turns to face me and I don’t know how it’s possible but I felt myself shrink into Tobin’s side even more. “Wait I thought you said it went okay? Did something happen?” Alex asks from the chair in front of me. Before I can answer Dawn does it for me, “How about we show you her interview and clear this up?”. Everyone nods as they pull up my interview from a few hours ago up on the projector.

When it’s finally finished everyone is quiet and I fidget with my fingers worried about my teammates reactions. Before anyone can say anything I get up from my seat mumbling a small “Sorry” before dashing from the room. I quickly make it to the roof knowing Mal would be able to get into our room. My mind’s a whirl, thinking that the team hates me for how I reacted, how I was baited into starting drama by that journalist. I don’t even know why I’m here I don’t deserve it, I should just leave, it’s what’s best for the team. I don’t know how long I was up here before I hear the door open and shut again. I’m immediately wrapped in a hug from behind. I instantly recognise the familiar touch and perfume and sink into her embrace. “What’s wrong baby girl?” Daan asks me still holding me. I just sigh, “I’m worried what the team thinks about my interview. They probably think I’m some kind of idiot for being baited into starting gossip in my interview and all the fan probably think I’m just another arrogant stuck up girl for fighting with the reporter”. Danielle just turns me around taking my face in her hands and wipes away the stray tears on my face, “I can guarantee that none of the girls think that about you Ellie. If anything they are happy that you stuck up for the team. You handled that interview like a pro just how Viv and I taught you. If not even better. And let me tell you none of the fans think bad of you. All the fans on social media think your even more of a badass for sticking up for your teammates. And even if they didn’t what have I always told you?”. “The only people who's opinion matters are the ones we truly care about” I whisper back. “Exactly. But everyone has had a positive response to your interview so you have nothing to worry about. You know after you and Mal left for the meeting Viv and I sent back to our room and we both kept getting tagged in the video so we watched it. It was your interview and we watched the part where you thanked us and how we have made a huge impact in your life. Ellie you’ve made such a huge impact in so many lives including mine and Viv’s. The day I met you was one of the greatest days of my life and I wouldn’t change it for the world. You actually made Viv and I cry with how happy we were when you said that about us cause we love you so much. Just like your teammates downstairs who are currently losing their minds about where their new teammate disappeared to” Danielle says to me. I look at her, “I should probably go talk to them huh?”. “Yeah I think so. Although they are my opponents a lot of the time they are an amazing group of women who I know will always look after you” she tells me with a slight smile. I nod before I hug her tightly, “Although they may be my family now, you will always be in my life and will always be one of the most important people in my life”. I hear Danielle sniffle and laugh before pulling away, “I love you so much baby girl. Forever and always Ellie”. I smile back at her, “I love you too Mom”. Now I have to go talk to my teammates.

Daan held my hand as she led me back to one of the rooms 218 which I vaguely thinks is Kelley’s room. Daan knocks on the door which roses opens. When Rose sees it’s me she immediately tackles me into a hug, “Elliot we were so worried” she then pulls away and slaps my arm, “don’t you ever do that again”. I smile at the girl before she drags me by the arm into where the team is gathered in the living room. Everyone stops talking as they look to see me half hiding behind Rose. The first one to move is Tobin. She stands up and pulls me into a hug. Again I feel safe as I sink further into the hug as I wrap my arms around her waist as hers rest on my shoulders. The whole team stayed silent as this happened until she pulled away, “Where have you been? We were so worried”. “I’m sorry , I didn’t mean to worry you all” I say playing with my fingers. “Elliot your not just our teammate anymore, your family to all of us now, of course we’re going to worry” Christen says quietly. I smile brightly at that and take a deep breath, “I’m sorry I ran off. I was worried how you would react and...”. Tobin grabs my hand reassuring me to continue. “I was afraid you wouldn’t want me on the team” I say dropping my head. Pinoe just burst out laughing which she earns a slap off Sam and the rest of the team glares at her before turning back to me. “Your kidding right kid? Of course we want you on this team. Not only are you this amazing player, but you stood up for the team when someone tried to start rumours about our family. I think I speak for all of us when I say that earns to you place in our family” pinoe says as she stands up and puts a hand on my shoulder. I look up at her with teary eyes before tackling her in a hug which eventually turns into a group hug with the whole team joining in. As everyone separates I feel someone grab my wrist. I turn and I see Mal looking back at me, “Hey can we talk real quick?”.

I nod as she quietly leads me out of the room and into the hallway. She closes the door behind us as I lean against the wall, “So what’s up?”. She doesn’t say anything and just hugs me tight just like Tobin did. She is slightly smaller than me so her arms wrapped around my waist with her face shoved into my neck while my arms rested on her shoulders. We stayed like that for a bit as I rubbed her back. As she pulls away she looks me in the eye and says, “Thank you”. I tilt my head at her, “For what? I didn’t do anything”. Mal let’s out a small laugh and shakes her head, “For standing up for me. Since I’ve been called up there’s been a few people who try to put me down or say that I’m becoming spoilt and addicted to the spotlight. Even some friends have pretty much abandoned me because I can’t hang out as much because of training. So thank you for sticking up for me. It means a lot”. I smile and take Mal’s hands, “Of course I would stick up for you. And I meant every word I said. Like I said your like a sister to me and honestly I feel so thankful to have met you. Like I said you are an amazing, funny, talented kind hearted and so much more. And anyone so says other wise doesn’t deserve a second of your time. You are so special and you deserve so much. Don't ever let people bring you down. And remember you will always have me on your side”. Mal starts to get teary eyed and hugs me again as I laugh. I hold her for a little while before whispering to her, “We should probably go back in”. Mal nods her head still in my chest and for the second time she pulls away. “But next time something’s wrong you tell me okay?”. I smile at her, “Yeah, I promise”. She grins as she drags me back into the room as everyone is sitting down about to watch a movie. Mal get pulled down to sit in between Kelley and Emily whose in front of Rose and Sam, while I squash in between Daan and Viv. Without even thinking Daan pulls me into her while Viv holds my hand messing with my fingers. “Everything okay?” Daan asks rubbing her hand up and down my shoulder. I look around the room at the people who I call family now, “Yeah, everything is perfect”. We all settle in and watch the movie.

.................

“I don’t want you to go” I moan into Viv’s shoulder. She laughs as she pulls away, “Neither do we but we got to get back we were lucky enough to get off to come to your match”. I just pout at her, “I know but now I’m gonna miss you all over again”. We have another match against Korea in Philadelphia so I still have another week of camp left before heading back to Arsenal. "Don't worry kid, you still have me and the rest of the team" HAO reassures. She is right, while Daan and Viv have to head back for training at least I still have all the other girls here with me.

So it won't be so bad

“Exactly so you have nothing to fear and it’s only a week and then your back with us again making us breakfast that isn't cereal" Viv explains. We all laugh as their flight gets called. I turn to Daan, “One week”. She nods back, “One week. And I’ll be counting down the days until you get back. Now have fun with the girls, don’t do anything I wouldn’t do and stay safe, okay? I love you Ellie” Daan says pulling me into a hug. I turn her back whispering, “I love you too”. I give Viv one last hug before they go through security. We stay until we can’t see them anymore and then head back to the car. As we drive back to the we jam out to music and talk about club soccer. "Thanks for bringing us to the airport HAO" I thank her. HAO shrug but keeps her eyes on the road, "It's no problem kid. If you haven't noticed I think you have the team wrapped around your finger. Anyone of us would have gladly brought you. Hell you have Alex and Tobin fighting over who gets to mentor you". I look awestruck for a moment, “Never thought I’d see the day when my two idols are fighting over me”.

We park the car and hop out only to see Tobin in the lobby with a ball, “Sup tobs”. Tobin looks up at us and smiles, “Hey guys either of ye want to go for a kickabout? Nobody wants to play with me” she pouts. We both laugh, “Sorry Tobs but I got to go call Dave. I haven’t had much time to talk to him yet. Maybe next time?” HAO answers before walking to the elevator. Tobin deflates a bit before turning to me looking hopeful. I laugh at her childishness, “Sure Tobs I was only going to study for a bit anyway. Hanging out with you sounds way more fun”. “Are you sure? I don’t want to you put off studying to mess around with me. I don’t want you falling behind” Tobs asks concerned. I shake my head, “I'm sure I’m ahead of all my work anyway. And I want to hang out with you”. Tobin smiles brightly at me wrapping her arm around me, “Awesome let’s go!”.

We ended up walking around finding places to use as a net for soccer tennis or just messing around with a ball. Ever once and a while fans would come up to us and ask us for pictures and stuff just like now. We went to a pitch nearby as Tobin challenged me to a cross bar challenge and there was a match on. It seemed to be the boys team versus the girls team. The match had just ended and the players had recognised us and so we were surrounded. Tobin was swarmed by her own group while I was the same. I was just finished with everyone around me while Tobin still had a few people to get to when I guy my age came up to me, “Hey I just wanted to say that you played great in your match the other day. That last goal you got was epic”. I smile back at him, “Thanks it means a lot”. “My names Tyler” he says holding out his hand. I shake his hand, “Elliot but you probably know that”. He laughs, “Of course your the new rising star of the Women’s national team. Everyone knows you”. We stay talking for a while before Tobin finishes up and comes over to me. “Uh I’m not sure if you would want to come but a few friends and I are going to be having a kick a bout with a few others from today and I was wondering if would like to come?” Tyler says rubbing the back of his neck. “I'd love too. What’s your Instagram? I don’t have my phone so what’s your Instagram so I know to follow you back and you can text me the details”. Tyler smiles and shows me his account and writes his username down on a piece of paper so I can make sure to add him back. I hug him goodbye before heading over to Tobin who just finished up with the last kid.

We play a quick game of cross bar challenge before finishing up for the day. We walk back over to the side like where our stuff was drinking some water before heading back while Tobin checks her phone. She was telling me a story about the day she pranked Lindsay and Emily before her phone started ringing. Our laughing ceases as she answers it, “Yello”. I can hear someone half shouting down the phone. “Woah woah, chill lex she’s with me. Yeah we went to kick a ball for a while. Yeah we’re at the park right now. Yeah we’re were heading back now anyway. Yep we’ll see you in a few. Bye Alex”. She hangs up the phone flopping back on her back still scrolling through her phone mumbling and I can hear a small “Shit” escape her mouth.

“What’s wrong?” I ask. “Well let’s just say the whole team was wondering were you are. So they tried calling you but when they realised you left your phone at the hotel so they freaked thinking something bad had happened to you when they realised you should have been back hours ago. So a lot of them called me hoping you were with me but I didn’t hear it and now I have multiple miss calls from our teammates. And that was Alex saying you were missing and was asking if I had seen you” Tobin explains. “Oh now I feel bad that I had them worried again” I sigh. Tobin puts a hand on my shoulder, “Hey don’t worry about it, they won’t care as long as you are safe. Dude I didn’t even know you didn’t bring your phone”. I laugh “Yeah I forgot if in my room when I left for the airport with HAO and I was going to get it when I got back but then I ran into you and I kinda forgot about it”. She laughs as we start to walk about to the hotel, “Oh well. You have nothing to worry about I’d say. Most of them are angry at me for not picking up. Now want to tell me about the kid you were flirting with just now?” she says wiggling her eyebrows. I throw my head back laughing, “I wasn’t flirting with him Tobs. And his name is Tyler”. She continues to tease me until we get back to the hotel. When we walk back into the whole team are waiting in the lobby.

We both freeze and look at each other thinking should we make a run for it. Just as we both turn to make a run for it a hand latch’s onto our shoulders, “Not so fast”. We turn around to see an angry Alex looking at us. I gulp thinking I’m in trouble. “Where have you been? Do you know how worried you had us? No one has seen you since last night at it’s already 2 in the evening. I can’t believe you didn’t tell anyone where you were going. I expected better from you” Alex scolded us. My breath hitched at Alex’s last sentence. I immediately felt like crawling into a hole and never coming out. “I..I’m really sorry I didn’t know we were going to be that long and I didn’t have my phone and since I was with Tobin I thought it would be fine” I say before walking away. As I walked away I can hear the team whispering among themselves. When I made it back to the room I locked the door and curled up under the blanket and drifted off.

..............

When I woke up I checked my phone. I had a while before I had to get to dinner. I wondered what could I do to past the time until dinner and remembered that the hotel had a tonne of stuff from what I recall of Mal ranting to me the other day. I change into shorts and my Arsenal hoodie grabbed my phone and decided to explore the hotel for a few hours. I was just after coming out of the gym when I bumped into someone. I look up to apologize when my eyes widen,

"Hey! It's you!"

Cliffhanger!! I'm sorry I'm sorry, but like hey leave comments on who you think it is. I decided to release this today because it my birthday so yeah. I'm not sure if you enjoyed the chapter but hopefully you did. Now to kinda explain Ellie's episode about the interview. You have to remember that because of Elliot's past, she is often insecure, worried and nervous about how she sees herself as well as others. So basically when she gets back to the hotel she's worried about how people especially her teammates will persevere the interview about her snapping at the interviewer. Because she just hopes to be accepted by the team. But obviously Daan knows this and she is always there to help reassure Ellie. Also for the Mal Ellie relationship in this book I want them to a have a really strong sister like bond so for the people thinking of love triangles , NO! Anyway I hope you enjoyed. Comment what you like/don't like or anything you would like to see. Until next time, bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4.3K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...
48.1K 1.5K 31
Leah doesn't let new people into her life. She is a fairly well known "celebrity" now. She isn't sure who to trust other than those she was close wit...
375K 8.9K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...
190K 3.2K 24
Emily, a twenty-one-year-old England international leaves Chelsea and moves to the Champions of Europe, FC Barcelona. Emily spent five years at Chels...