Harry Potter and the Altered...

By SamanthaPerry0

Percy Jackson was nineteen, nearly twenty years old and was the boss of an aquarium of his own. Demigod life... More

Warning for Story
Prologue: The Abused Boy
Chapter 1: The Letter
Chapter 2: Diagon Alley
Chapter 3: The Sorting
Chapter 4: Classes
Chapter 5: The Duel
Chapter 6: Halloween Feast
Chapter 7: The Match Disaster
Chapter 8: Christmas Parties
Chapter 9: The New Years Party
Chapter 10: The Mirror
Chapter 11: The Forest
Chapter 12: The Minion
Chapter 13: Summer Holidays
Chapter 14: The House Elf and Diagon
Chapter 15: The Dysfunctional Platform
Chapter 16: New Friends and Second Year
Chapter 17: Babied Plants and An Idiot Professor
Chapter 18: Teaching DADA and the Strange Ravenclaw
Chapter 19: The Black Lake
Chapter 20: I Swear I Really Did Hear a Voice in the Wall
Chapter 21: Deathday Party is a Thing Apparently
Chapter 22: The Writing in Blood
Chapter 23: Lockhart (As Usual) Makes a Fool of Himself
Chapter 24: The Talk with Dumbledore
Chapter 25: Christmas Hols
Chapter 26: The Diary
Chapter 27: T.M.Riddle
Chapter 28: The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 29: Recap
Chapter 30: Reveal
Chapter 31: Summer Year 2
Chapter 32: The Dog
Chapter 33: Wanted Sirius Black
Chapter 34: Dementors
Chapter 35: First Day Classes
Chapter 36: The Wardrobe Seems Possessed
Chapter 37: The Werewolf
Chapter 38: The Giant Sleepover
Chapter 39: The Haunted Game
Chapter 40: Christmas
Chapter 41: The Patronus
Chapter 42: The Interesting Case of Sirius Black
Chapter 43: Exams with a New Creature
Chapter 44: Welp, Never Getting a Rat as a Pet
Chapter 45: Moony and his Cub
Chapter 46: The Godfather Oath and an Idiot Minister
Chapter 47: Summer Year 3
Chapter 48: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 49: The World Cup
Chapter 50: What in Hades is the Dark Mark Doing at the World Cup?
Chapter 51: The Start of Year 4
Chapter 52: The Three Unforgivables
Chapter 53: The Other Schools
Chapter 54: Harry's Idea
Chapter 55: The Unintentional Fourth Champion
Chapter 56: First Duel of the Dueling Tournament
Chapter 57: Oh Look Another Dragon
Chapter 58: Harry's Next Duel in Dueling Tournament
Chapter 59: The Ear Splitting Shriek That Neville Says Comes Out of the Egg
Chapter 60: Yule Ball
Chapter 61: I Gain New Friends
Chapter 62: The Mad Couch...I Mean Mr.Crouch
Chapter 63: The Third Task
Chapter 64: The Reveal
Chapter 65: The Hidden Minion
Chapter 67: Summer Year 4
Chapter 68: The Cold Wind
Chapter 69: The Order of the Phoenix
Chapter 70: The Idiot Minister
Chapter 71: The Warnings From a Hat
Chapter 72: That's It, Dolores Umbridge is From Tartarus
Chapter 73: It Was Not Worth It
Chapter 74: A Godly Wrath

Chapter 66: The Parting of Ways

9.5K 379 218
By SamanthaPerry0

Hint: Newt Scamander has reddish-brown hair (aka Auburn hair), not ginger hair. So, I wonder who that was with the ginger hair because it certainly wasn't Newt Scamander ;)

I do not own Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

He could feel a dog's head resting on his arm and a fluffy weightless animal on his stomach. There was a soft buzz every now and again by his ears, like fluttering wings, and on the top of his head felt like a bill of some sort of platypus or something.

Opening his eyes, Harry noted all the animals that seemed to have gathered on his magical exhausted self. Snuffles was resting by his side, his head resting on his left arm, the two pixies he adopted in the second year were by his ears, resting fretfully and every now and again their wings would move slightly causing the buzzing effect, the niffler he just found was on top of his head, and his cat Eclipse was resting fully on his chest, curled into a ball with soft purrs echoing through the room.

"Mother?" A hesitant, feminine, voice entered his mind causing his drowsy mind to become more awake and alert.

"Lunar, love, where are you?" Harry mentally asked as he looked around the room for his two familiars.

"Your father was able to sneak us in here, we are back in our rightful place," Regina's voice said and Harry looked down at his right arm where the tattoo of a snake and dragon now lie. He watched them shift back toward his chest and back, where they had a bit more room to settle and lie.

"I'm happy you're alright," Harry thought to them as his open hand took to softly rubbing Eclipse soft fur, their eyes met and Harry watched his cat seems to roll his eyes before nudging my hand back as his purr intensified.

"No matter the rules or morality, we are not leaving you again. Not after what happened," Regina said, her voice sharp and offering no room of objection. Not that Harry had any. In fact, some part of the tension he's held since having to depart from his familiars finally relaxed.

His fight with Grindelwald brought to his attention that while he might be powerful, his best bet was to stay by his familiars' side and work with them, and not without.

"I will not complain," Harry thought back to them, his voice echoing the promise to his familiars who also relaxed.

"How did the others get in here?" Harry asked his familiars.

"Fluffy kitty entered on his own accord by sneaking through the shadows. Mr.Dog entered through a similar way and refused to be budged. Uranus and Neptune came with Arya through crack in the door. It seemed Nifflers are like cats and are boneless like Regi," Lunar told him happily.

"They're not boneless, and Regina herself does have bones. Probably more than me," Harry exasperatingly informed the dragon who didn't even seem to understand the concept of anatomy. Just the fact that his snake, cat, and apparently Niffler can get through the tightest of spots she cannot and therefore have no bones.

"Sure, sure," Lunar said and Harry imagined she would've pat his head had she been in her corporeal form.

Harry heard Regina's sigh in his head as neither wanted to get into an argument with the still young (in dragon terms) dragon that could be bull-headed when she wanted to.

Harry shifted his hand from Eclipse, to the cat's disappointment, and instead softly pet Snuffles head. The dog snuffled before blearily opening his eyes and Harry watched them fill with relief and happiness.

His godfather, seeming realize how tired was, just twisted his body so Harry was petting under his chin better and with the hand that he had been laying on.

With the hand now free from his godfather's weight, Harry used his other one to reach up to Arya who had been oddly silent upon his awakening. But as his hand connected with the soft white fur, he could feel the slight shaking just under the Niffler's fur.

Blinking in surprise for a moment, Harry took his other hand from his godfather, ignoring the small whine from said dog, and reached up to pull the Niffler onto his chest and watched Eclipse move to take her spot.

The Niffler was shaking softly and there was a soft whine emitting from her own throat as she nudged Harry's hand. "I'm okay, Love, I'm okay," Harry tried to reassure his distraught friend.

Watching the Niffler curl slightly before reaching into her pouch, Harry silently continued to pet his friend and make sure she knew he was alright.

She pulled out a gold coin he assumed she either found or stole from another kid, and cocked his head slightly. "It's alright. It's yours, for your stash," Harry reassured her wondering if maybe she might've been abused on something to give up her treasure. He knew the only reason for a Niffler to give up their treasure is for their mate/children or someone/thing they see as family. Well, or they were abused like in the past where traffickers or robbers used them to rob places before making them give them the loot through abusive means.

He watched Arya shake her head, almost angrily, before hopping closer to his head and extending the coin in her hand, seeming to shake it for him to take it.

Understanding filled him as he smiled gently at her. "Are you sure?" He asked.

Arya nodded before moving to actually place the coin in his hand before settling on his chest once more.

Pocketing the coin, Harry turned to his dogfather who rolled his eyes and rested his head on Harry's chest, just next to Arya.

Feeling suddenly drowsy as the lulling of the beating of wings and purring around his head, Harry let the exhaustion he felt lull him back to sleep. Knowing his friends and family were there to protect him from anything.

He never noticed the dark blacken eyes that looked like stars watching him in the darkened corner.

---------------------

The next time he woke he felt a bit more rested, especially since he was bonelessly relaxed as he felt his father card his hands through his hair, making him feel sleepy and want more sleep.

"Dad?" Harry murmured, his eyes still feel tired as he felt Eclipse asleep on the opposite shoulder his father was at, the pixies no doubt curled into the cat for warmth. Snuffles still by his side and Arya probably curled by him for similar warmth.

"Go back to sleep, I'm here," his father murmured and Harry felt himself be drawn back to sleep just as Remus entered the room.

"He still asleep, Love?" Harry heard Remus ask before his mind fell back into blackness.

---------------------

Harry woke up, so warm, so very sleepy, that he didn't open his eyes, wanting to drop off again. The room was still dimly lit; he was sure it was still nighttime and had a feeling that he couldn't have been asleep very long.

Then he heard whispering around him.

"They'll wake him if they don't shut up!"

"What are they shouting about? Nothing else can have happened, can it?"

Harry opened his eyes blearily. He could see the fuzzy outlines of his father and Remus close by. Percy was on his feet.

"That's Fudge's voice," Percy whispered. "And that's Minerva McGonagall's, isn't it? But what are they arguing about?"

Now Harry could hear them too: people shouting and running toward the hospital wing.

"Regrettable, but all the same, Minerva —" Cornelius Fudge was saying loudly.

"You should never have brought it inside the castle!" yelled Professor McGonagall. "When Dumbledore finds out —" Harry heard the hospital doors burst open. Unnoticed by any of the people around his bed, all of whom were staring at the door as Remus pulled back the screens, Harry sat up. 

Fudge came striding up the ward. Professors McGonagall and Snape were at his heels.

"Where's Dumbledore?" Fudge demanded of Percy and Remus. "He's not here," said Sirius finally said from the corner of the room angrily. "This is a hospital wing, Minister, don't you think you'd do better to —"

But the door opened, and Dumbledore came sweeping up the ward.

"What has happened?" said Dumbledore sharply, looking from Fudge to Professor McGonagall. "Why are you disturbing these people? Minerva, I'm surprised at you — I asked you to stand guard over Barty Crouch —"

"There is no need to stand guard over him anymore, Dumbledore!" she shrieked. "The Minister has seen to that!"

Harry had never seen Professor McGonagall lose control like this. There were angry blotches of color in her cheeks, and her hands were balled into fists; she was trembling with fury.

"When we told Mr. Fudge that we had caught the Death Eater responsible for tonight's events," said Snape, in a low voice, "he seemed to feel his personal safety was in question. He insisted on summoning a dementor to accompany him into the castle. He brought it up to the office where Barty Crouch —"

"I told him you would not agree, Dumbledore!" Professor McGonagall fumed. "I told him you would never allow dementors to set foot inside the castle, but —"

"My dear woman!" roared Fudge, who likewise looked angrier than Harry had ever seen him, "as Minister of Magic, it is my decision whether I wish to bring protection with me when interviewing a possibly dangerous —"

But Professor McGonagall's voice drowned Fudge's. "The moment that — that thing entered the room," she screamed, pointing at Fudge, trembling all over, "it swooped down on Crouch and — and —"

Harry felt a chill in his stomach as Professor McGonagall struggled to find words to describe what had happened. He did not need her to finish her sentence. He knew what the dementor must have done. It had administered its fatal kiss to Barty Crouch. It had sucked his soul out through his mouth. He was worse than dead.

"By all accounts, he is no loss!" blustered Fudge. "It seems he has been responsible for several deaths!"

"But he cannot now give testimony, Cornelius," said Dumbledore. He was staring hard at Fudge, as though seeing him plainly for the first time. "He cannot give evidence about why he killed those people."

"Why he killed them? Well, that's no mystery, is it?" blustered Fudge. "He was a raving lunatic! From what Minerva and Severus have told me, he seems to have thought he was doing it all on You-Know-Who's instructions!"

"Grindelwald was giving him instructions, Cornelius," Dumbledore said. "Those people's deaths were mere by-products of a plan to restore him to full strength again. The plan succeeded. Grindelwald is back and younger than ever it appears."

Fudge looked as though someone had just swung a heavyweight into his face. Dazed and blinking, he stared back at Dumbledore as if he couldn't quite believe what he had just heard. He began to sputter, still goggling at Dumbledore.

"Him? . . . Returned? Preposterous. Come now, Dumbledore . . ."

"Are you calling me a liar, Minister?" Harry's voice broke through the awaiting anger that was no doubt about to break out.

Fudge reddened slightly, but a defiant and obstinate look came over his face.

"You are but a child who is still learning magic. You cannot possibly believe the person you saw was Grindelwald who was defeated by Dumbledore's hand a long time ago!" he shouted angrily.

"Whoever said he was defeated by my hand?" Dumbledore asked, his eyes twinkling slightly like he knew some sort of inside-joke that only he in this room knew.

"And, might I point out I nearly have three masteries in different subjects. How many do you have, Minister?" Harry asked innocently even as he heard Sirius choke back a laugh and watched his father's lips twist upward slightly before falling back into an angry expression.

"In any case, you will not question my son tonight. Not only because of your recent screw-up with the Dementor, but you barged into a Medical Wing not thinking about the consequences that could've happened. Did you know, according to the Ministry Laws, anyone entering a designated medical room without the healers' permission can be arrested and possibly jailed on the basis that they could contaminate the patient and or their magic and cause them to possibly worsen. If it ended in the patient's death than the person who barged in could also be jailed for another 1-8 years for manslaughter," Percy said innocently enough, but the fire in his eyes told him that he would pay for his mistakes tonight, "I wonder if they would've extended it because he is, as you say, The-Boy-Who-Lived and the lord of over two houses."

Harry felt slight glee as he watched Fudge become so pale it was a surprise he hadn't passed out. "No no, I was just going to Healer Pomfrey now to get permission. But since you are his legal guardian and don't have your permission, I cannot under good faith and the law question him. Have a goodnight," Fudge muttered as he quickly left the room like Percy couldn't still call the Aurors and arrest the ministers with over five witnesses that would vouch for him barging into the room.

"Last I checked, that law was for a specific medical wing in the hospital, not the medical wing in a school," Dumbledore said as a smile entered his face along with an almost exasperated look on his face.

"Oh, really. Must've mixed up that particular law then," Percy innocently said as he turned from the door and moved toward Harry.

McGonagall and Dumbeldore took that as their time to leave and quickly left the family to greet their now-awake member.

"Hey, Kiddo, how are you feeling?" Percy asked as he pushed some of Harry's hair out of his face.

"Better, feel more well-rested. I don't remember what happened after that man took the magic out of the air though. How did he even do that?" Harry asked with a slight frown, remembering the magic just vanishing from the air and the drain he suddenly felt because of it.

"Dumbledore, McGonagall, and the man tied Crouch Jr. up and gave him Veritaserum and was able to hear his whole plan. It seemed that unlike other Death Eaters, Jr. knew Voldemort was under some sort of spell and found the real mastermind and followed him instead of the puppet. Apparently Grindelwald became obsessed in finding you and the man you saw earlier, his name was apparently Hadrian Scamander--"

"Like my name?" Harry asked curiously.

"Well, it's a common name. And your mother named you after your father's uncle Harry who was good friends with Charlus, his father, later in life and was quite friends with the Scamander family as well, so we're not surprised someone in their family also named someone after him," Sirius informed him.

Harry put that in the back of his mind before looking back at his father to continue talking. "--as I was saying, Grindelwald seemed quite obsessed finding you too so he created a plan with Barty to get you away from Hogwarts. This is where the tournament came in and he had you get your name into the goblet through your homework he had access to as your teacher. I'm sure you can put together the rest from there," Percy explained.

Harry watched Remus come behind his father and place his hand on his shoulder, probably seeing the exhaustion that Harry could see in his father's face. He wondered for a moment if his father has gotten much sleep these past few days.

"How many days have I been asleep?" Harry asked as he realized Hogwarts seemed just a bit too quiet.

"A week," Remus explained as Percy slowly leaned into Remus' touch, "The students have already gone home, including Draco, Neville, and Luna. Though, they stayed as long as they could and often spent the night here too much to Madam Pomfrey's mask-of-annoyance. They also visit when they can while at home."

"I'm going to assume it's going to be a while before I take my exams then?" Harry asked as he could feel himself become slightly more tired as the conversation dragged on.

"That would be a correct assumption. Your battle with Grindelwald left you quite low on magic, combined with the impressive magic you displayed in your anger against Crouch Jr. you were left dangerously low that it was very much debated on sending you to St. Mungos if you got any worse. But seeing as the best healing one can do for exhaustion is rest, we let you stay here and monitor you very closely. It helped that your familiars were lending you some magic to keep you stable," Remus explained softly as if it wasn't weird for someone to have two familiars with their own impressive magic enough to give it to their bonded.

Harry finally realized something as his eyes became wider and his breath became just a bit less steady. "Cedric...is he really?" he choked out, feelings of grief filling up.

"No no," Sirius quickly assured his godson.

Remus picked up where he left off as he saw the sear panic in Harry's eyes. "It seems Hadrian Scamander is some type of psychic and because of his family's friendship with Dumbledore back-in-the-day, Dumbledore believed Mr.Scamander when he said Cedric was in danger. They apparently secretly created a golem for Cedric and somehow convinced him to let the golem take his place with a psychic connection connecting the two. Admittedly, Mr.Diggory may experience some nightmares because he was murdered and then woke back up in his original body, but there was no actual harm in the end," Remus explained to Harry who slowly calmed down with the knowledge his friend wasn't actually dead.

"That's...that's good right??" he slurred tiredly, with calmness and relief settling into him quickly, the drowsiness that he's been feeling for the past few days was quickly making its way back.

"Yes, that is good," Percy agreed as he moved Remus' hand from his shoulder into his own hand.

Harry had fallen asleep at that point.

Next Chapter: Summer Year 4

Word Count: 3044

NOTE:

So, because I know many of you want to see Remus and Percy's relationship, what will probably end up happening is me making a separate book, kinda from this series but pretty much tying it in, for the life of Percy and Harry BEFORE Hogwarts and then Percy and Remus DURING Hogwarts and whatever happens AFTER Hogwarts as a kinda fluff piece with probably it's own plot story because Percy is Percy and it's a miracle he somehow isn't hurt in some fashion. 

I know many of you want to see it during this book, but tbh, this is Harry focused story along with the sequel containing Harry and Newt (though, that would be more focused storyline of BOTH and not just Harry). And because I DO want a Percy/Remus story, I will probably make it the sequel of the second book because I do eventually want to do it anyway. I just wanted to inform you guys though.

GOALS FOR THE YEAR 2020: 

- Finish this story by end of summer

- Completely edit this story for the simple mistakes and possible plot errors around

- Start Sequel (though depends on if I want to wait on rest of the Fantastic Beasts or not (prob not tbh))

- Start working on my own book to be actually published

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 702 13
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN PERCY JACKSON (RICK RIORDAN) OR HARRY POTTER (J.K ROWLING). Ten-year-old Percy Jackson is an orphan. On his eleventh birthd...
74.3K 1.1K 30
It has been a week after her death . He doesn't feel anything . He doesn't know whether he could move on or not . She had died even before he could e...
88.1K 3.4K 19
[2] Diverging Paths: Perseus Jackson, also known as Percy, left his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry feeling happy and confid...
34.9K 2.2K 24
(2nd Book Of the Series!) "Harry!" "Yes?" Harry lifted his head to face Tom's red eyes staring into his soul. "She's above us." Harry has gotten use...