Those Who Gave Us Love and Me...

By NomadicHerd

I can see the stars from here, do you? Of course you do. You know I've never stopped to just see the stars on... More

Introduction
I
I.I
I.III
I.IV

I.II

26 2 4
By NomadicHerd

열일 해서 번 나의 pay
Worked hard to get my pay

  You have been accepted into National University of Arts & Design... Her fingers skimmed those letters slowly. She could not believe that it was true. A dream which she thought she would not be able to achieve in the beginning, was now a few steps away. Having a major, in 'socially unacceptable' subjects was the most daring thing she ever did. And she felt proud. Tears streamed down her cheeks, one by one, onto the acceptance letter she held in her hand.

   "I am not paying for your education. It's not worth my money. Pay your fee by your savings or something--" her mother's voice came from the other room. It was stern and emotional and just in complete denial.

   It was expected. She knew it. And that just made her cry more. She was shaking uncontrollably. She sobbed loudly. Why can't she let me be? She harshly held the letter in her hand, with one thing in mind, please help me.

"Jiyong," a pair of hands rubbed her shoulders while calling out to her. She took a deep breath, trying to control her emotions. "I'll pay the expenses," she looked up to the person: her brother.

   "Sungjae oppa, it's not necessary," she sniffed, "I'll work for it."

   "No. I'll help you out. Until you get financially stable. So don't worry, okay?" His hazel eyes were filled with concern. She simply could not reject that, it's her loving brother of course.

   "But what about Eomma? She'll not let me go. Ever, because of--"

   "I'll talk to her. Don't you worry about a thing. Now. Stop crying and make a list of the things you need before moving out," she nodded and sighed. Life is weird.

열일 해서 번 나의 pay
Worked hard to get my pay

BuLlEtPRoOf bOYz

Jin
When are you
going to come back?

RM
I have the night shift.
So in like two hours?

Mochi
Ya stop working
overtime! You have
a test tomorrow.
And we need to study
together.

Hopey
Also I need money
for my project :)

Cooky
You are the reason why
he works overtime...

RM
No.
I certainly don't--

Jin
-_-

RM
Okay well. I do. But
you do realize it's all
for Eunji.

Tae
Yea... Hope everything
is okay with her :/

RM
Halmeoni is a bit,
sick and the hospital
bills are expensive.
So it's a bit difficult.

Cooky
I want to help her...

Jin
Help yourself out
first-- you don't even
have money for cafeteria
food XD

Cooky
Hyung, why would I need
money for cafeteria food,
when you make such nice
snacks :)))))))

Hopey
Says the one who asks Tae
to eat his lunch whilst he
munches on the cafeteria
fries...

Cooky
*-_-

Jin
You thought I wouldn't
know!

RM
Guys got to go. See
you all!

   RM sighed and kept his phone in his pocket. He went outside the gas station to fulfill his duties. During the whole time, the only thing revolving in his mind was his younger sister and grandmother; who were thousands of miles away from him. He wanted to quit the city life and go back to the countryside to look after the both of them, even if it took him to live under tough circumstances, atleast he would be at peace with them.

   I want to give up...

열일 해서 번 나의 pay
Worked hard to get my pay

   "Cooky-ah what is the answer to this question?" The focused voices of the boys created a serious environment in  Dorm 16. They all had their attention in their textbooks. Hopey was occasionally tapping onto the calculator; Cooky was humming slightly whilst reading his Literature notes; Tae was writing tapping his pencil onto his textbook whilst reading--

   "Jin hyung, I'm hungry!" Mochi shouted, he had put extra stress upon the word 'hungry' to show that he indeed was starving. "Where are my rice cakes?" He moaned.

   "Ya, you ate fifteen minutes ago. Not to mention you finished everyone's share of leftover kimchi, when you already had yours earlier today," Tae remarked. "We are more hungry than you are."

   "He has a point," Cooky smirked. "No food for Jimin hyung!" He shouted.

   "Now, don't fight you two," Jin entered the room with a tray in his hand, "there's enough food for everyone so shut up, or else you both will have to sleep with an empty stomach."

   Jin kept the tray onto the card table. All the boys huddled together at the table forgetting about their little scuffle. Their faces had expressions of crave for food, it seemed as if they were about to pounce at the food. Their eyes started scanning the edible contents that lay before their eyes: rice cakes, custard, tteokbokki and chocolate milk and banana milk boxes.

   "It seems as if you all didn't have food for decades," Jin noticed their expressions and remarked.

   "It's just that--" Hopey started as he helped himself with a rice cake, "--studying is draining."

   "Truer words have never been said," Cooky replied as dramatically as he could, as if he were acting in a drama.

   "Really?" Jin furrowed his brows.

   "How would you know hyung? You don't stress about these things for you prepare for assessments ahead of time," Mochi sighed.

   "He also gets the lowest marks..." Cooky trailed off with an innocent face.

   "Nah, hyung only messes the theory paper. He is able to ace the practical though," Hopey defended.

   "You all do realize that I'm still here?" Jin sarcastically remarked whilst looking at Hopey and Cooky.

   Meanwhile, Mochi had raised his hand whilst still chewing onto his rice cake, "Hyung, we know that you are here, that's why we are highlighting your achievements," he smiled.

   "You all are crazy, finish your food and get out of my dorm-- I need to sleep!" Jin said in a rather frustrated tone. It was justified, since it was almost two in the morning and they had been here for about ten hours now. Jin needed sleep and did not wanted to cook or look after the young ones. Plus, he was worried for RM as he hadn't arrived back from his part-time job. More worrisome was the phone call he had with Eunji: RM had no idea about the real situation and Jin had to keep it a secret from him, for his own good.

   "Hyung, you can sleep in our dorm, because we will take another hour or so, more," Cooky suggested.

   Jin could only nod. "Hyung, you did well today, we are proud of you!" Hopey smiled.

   "Yea thanks for the food! Now go and get some rest," Mochi added.

   Jin smiled at them. He wondered how he stumbled upon these idiots who fight but also care about each other. My perfect family, Jin thought. He considered himself lucky to be friends with them, it was a family that Jin always wished to have, amidst all the disturbing incidents that dominated his childhood and adulthood, these idiots kept him on his feet. I hope we stay happy like this, together and forever.

   But fate had another plan in mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

785K 17.7K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 19.1K 131
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
170K 6.2K 92
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...