A Love In Mating Season

By JustaCuteNerd

Status: [COMPLETED ✔️] Today is normal day in the guild with Natsu, Gajeel and Gray fighting, other mages joi... More

Prologue
~Chapter 1: The Beginning~
~Chapter 2: The Mates~
~Chapter 3: Locked and escape~
~Chapter 4: Captured~
~Chapter 5: Nalu~
~Chapter 6: Miraxus~
~Chapter 7: Stingyu~
~Chapter 8: Gale~
~Chapter 9: Kinabra~
~Chapter 10: Rowen~
~Chapter 11: Rogura~
~Chapter 12: The unexpected~
~Chapter 13: The Visitor~
~Chapter 14:The Truth~
~Chapter 15: Dragon Realm~
~Chapter 16:Reunions~
~Chapter 17: The Ball Part 1~
~Chapter 18: The Ball Part 2~
~Chapter 19: To Earth Realm~
~Chapter 20: Training~
~Chapter 21: Too soon~
~Chapter 22: The Key~
Epilogue
📝 Note From the Author 📝

~Chapter 23: Hope~

1.1K 23 0
By JustaCuteNerd

Lucy's P. O. V

Previously

"I open thee, Gate of the Guardian! " I shouted. With that, the key started shining more brighter.

Darkness consumed me.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I opened my eyes. I was standing in a field of golden wheats.
Someone stood in front of me.
A woman in a white dress holding a staff. I couldn't see her face because of the brightness.

"Lucy Heartfilia" said the woman.
"Yes" I said.
"Are you ready for whatever to befall unto you after this?" she questioned.
"Yes, I'm ready" I said without any hesitation.

"Well then, Tell me your first wish" said the woman.
"I wish for Zeref to be reborn again not with the dark powers but good ones" I said.
"Wish granted" she said as she hits her staff on the ground.
"Second wish? " she gestured.
"I wish for my comrades who are fighting Acnologia to be given strength to defeat him" I said.
"Wish granted" she said and did the same thing a while ago.
"Last wish? " she asked.
"I..I wish for everything to return to normal and the damages done during the fights" I said.
"Wish granted"

"Will I wake up? " I asked.
"Child, Lucy, you're just like your great grandmother. Asking the same question as her" she chuckled.
"I don't know Lucy. Asking 3 wishes can use too much energy. It's like a compensation; for every wish you make will suck a huge amount of energy. That's why every person who uses my key ends up in a comatose state in the real world. But Lucy, you just need to believe in yourself. I know you are strong and you can wake up. Every Heartfilia is strong.
Just like me... " she continued.
My eyes widened at her last words and what's more is that the lights around her face were dimming and I can see the face already.

"Anna-san... " I said.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Natsu's P. O. V

I was running towards where the source of light was. It was so bright and was shining gold. And I have the feeling that Lucy is there.
As soon as I was reaching the place, I saw her. Lucy holding a key that was shining gold.
Then, I saw another person aside from her. Zeref...

My eyes landed back to Lucy.
I have a bad feeling about this.
What is this feeling? Fear? Sadness?

"Luc-" I was about to shout her name.
"I open thee, Gate of the Guardian!" she shouted.
The key that she was holding began to shine more brighter and then, I could see that Lucy's body was wobbling side to side.
I ran to her and held her before she could fall.
"Lucy! Lucy!" I exclaimed as I was shaking her.
I heard no response. The glow in the key died down then suddenly the key disappeared.
I couldn't do nothing but just cry. I nuzzled my head in Lucy's neck and cried like a kid.
-------------------------------------------------------------
3rd Person's P. O. V

Natsu was still crying and Zeref just stood there not knowing what to do or what to say.
He started to feel light, secure and better.

Before he knew it, he was enveloped in a golden light.
He looked at his hands at awe. A familiar voice echoed in his ear
"You will be reborn into a new person... A person with no harmful and dark powers but a person of goodness"
"Anna" Zeref whispered.
"Zeref, can you tell Natsu to seek Lucy's mother for answers? " the voice said.
"I will, Anna. Can you tell me what's happening with me? With Lucy? " I asked.
"She opened my gate and gave me 3 wishes. One of her wishes was for your own good" She answered.

Zeref was surprised. The girl reminded him of Mavis.
"Anyways, Zeref, You will have to disappear after you tell Natsu. Trust me. This is part of the process of your reborn. Do you trust me? " Anna interrupted his thoughts.
"I trust you" He said.
"See you later" She said.
The light around him died down. He can feel that Anna already left.
"Natsu" Zeref said taking a step forward.
Natsu hearing his name lifted up his head and held Lucy securely around him. "What? "
"I mean no harm. I just wanted to tell you that Lucy saved me. I'm thankful to her. I'm sorry that she ended up this way but you will have to seek answers from her mother, Layla" Zeref said.
"Lucy saved you? What do you mean by that?"Natsu asked confused.
"As I said, you should ask answers from her mother" Zeref smiled.

With that, Zeref was once again enveloped in a golden light; this time his body started to become transparent.
Natsu was surprised.
"Natsu, I'm sorry I never gave you much as your brother. This time, I want to make things right. Please forgive me for the wrong things I've done. The next time we meet I hope we can spend time together." Zeref said.
"Zeref.. " Natsu was touched beyond words. All he could do was to nod.
Zeref smiled and before Natsu knew it, Zeref already disappeared.

Natsu then carried Lucy's body in a bridal style towards the guild. He cradled her body closer to his for her to get warmth from him. He kissed her forehead.

On the way to his guild, he saw the fallen form of Acnologia. He saw the dragons in human forms with the reinforcements that Makarov sent and they were Erza, Gray, Wendy, Laxus and Romeo. They were cheering for their win.
However, the cheers died down when they saw their princess / comrade /friend in the arms of Natsu.
"Lucy! / Lucy-san! / Princess! " they shouted.
They ran to him to know the situation.
When they saw the state of Natsu was in, they decided to question him later and went back to the guild with a gloomy atmosphere.

In walking back, they saw that the damaged structures shines in gold and after the gold died down, the structures returned to normal. The group was in amazed amd wondered what happened except for one person, Natsu. Natsu thinks that it was Lucy's doing.

When they were face to face with the barrier around the guid, it disappeared upon knowing the faces and sensing no malicious intention.  Layla then felt it and was happy to know that they were safe.

Upon arriving at the guild, the people stopped what they're doing to know who is it. When they saw them, they erupted in cheers and celebrated with joy knowing that the battle was finally over.
"Yes, they did it! " someone shouted.

The cheers died down immediately when they felt the gloomy atmosphere.
"Why the sad faces? " Makarov asked stepping forward.
"Where is Lucy and Natsu? " asked Layla.

The group parted to the sides to gave way for Natsu to move forward with Lucy's body in his arms.

"Lucy! " shouted Layla with a fear in her face. Layla knew it that Lucy used the key.
Natsu kneeled down the floor still with Lucy in his arms.
"Please help Luce" whimpered the  dragon slayer.

"Natsu, bring her to the infirmary and lay her down in one of the beds. After that, come back" said Makarov.
Natsu just went to do as told.

Makarov told the group to sit down and take a rest. He told the residents of the town to go home for the battle is finally over. The crowd started to dispersed and went to their own homes.

A few minutes later, Natsu came back to where the group and Makarov is.
He asked "Where are the children? "
"They are sleeping in one of the rooms" answered the master.
Natsu was relieved.

"Natsu, what happened? "asked Erza.
Natsu decided to tell what happened from his running to where Lucy and Zeref was, Lucy holding a shining key and then losing consciousness, his and Zeref's conversation, and then Zeref's body shining gold and eventually disappearing.
The group was speechless.

"Wait, shining gold?! " asked Gray not believing what his ears heard. Natsu just nodded.
"What's the matter, Gray? " asked Makarov.
"In the middle of our fight with Acnologia, our bodies suddenly shimmered with gold and then we feel like strength was given to us and pain died down. We were able to defeat Acnologia after that." answered Gray.

"What's more is that when we were on our way here, the damages that were done on the surroundings shined gold and after it shined gold, it returned to normal " added Wendy.
"What in the world is happening?" asked Erza trying to think of an answer.

"It's because of Lucy" a voice answered the question of Erza.
"Layla" said Makarov. He gestured for Layla to sit down and continue.
Layla proceeded to tell them about the key that she gave to Lucy.
(sorry, I'm lazy... 😅)
The group didn't know what to say.

"Zeref's body shining gold, the bodies of the people who fought Acnologia shining gold and the damages shining gold.... These 3 things are the 3 wishes that Lucy made" continued Layla.
"In turn, the compensation is a long sleep?" asked the master.
Layla nodded.

"Natsu, I'm sorry. It's my fau-"
"No, don't apologize. It's no one's fault. It was Lucy's choice" Natsu interrupted Layla.

"So, what do we do now? " asked Makarov to Layla.
"All we have to do is to believe and have hope that she'll wake up"
Layla said.

🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚
Hey guys! Just wanted to say that the next chapter will be the Epilogue. We're almost there. Let's keep going strong guys.
I love you very much guys.
💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.4K 1.2K 35
It's dragon mating season for Fairy tail but it's going to be a little.. different. Ships in this story: •Nalu •Gruvia •Gale •Jerza •Rowen •Miraxus •...
2.1K 57 12
Tensions are at an all-time high in the ranks of the Fairy Tail guild. With an banquet just around the corner, the pressure is on as Team Natsu and o...
32.2K 585 20
We all know about the famous Dragon Slayer Mating Season. But what would happen if it was not just the Dragon Slayers? What would happen if all type...
573K 10.3K 28
Natsu, Gajeel, and Laxus are acting weird so the girls go to the library to try and figure it out and they find out something that could be a good th...