To Dust

By Dusint17

Dust was never the type of werewolf to look for his mate and wasn't even eager to find her so he was very sur... More

A/N
The Accident
No Reason
Cross The Line
First Impression
Casablanca
Fire
The Sketch
Advice
The Cup
Pet Wolves
When It's all Set And Done
Clowns
The Beast
Flickering Lights
Scars
Like A Wolf
Monster
Claw Marks
The Note
Bunker
The Truth
Beta And Fang
The Whole Story
They
Invader
Final Battle
Apology
The Letter
Epilogue

The Half-Breed

189 4 3
By Dusint17

Dust

Later that day, the mansion was hosting our warrior werewolves. most of the women and children and werewolves who couldn't fight were either hidden in town or had drove out. the fighters were preparing for the fight that was coming. there was about 35 young men and women from our pack and we had some visitors.

Alice and Frost agreed to come the moment Alex informed them of our situation. but they warned that they may not be able to bring much people with them. and that's exactly what happened. Frost came early. he and two females showed up in their wolf forms. all three wolves as white as snow. they ran all the way from their village in the North. Alex and I were the first to see them coming from the forest towards the mansion and opened the gates for them. they transformed to their human forms once they got to the mansion door. the two other females looked like Frost. they were both pale with snow white hair just like Frost. one had her braided hair hanging on her shoulder and the other had short hair.

-"Boy you got some picnic weather going on here." Frost said chuckling and walked over to us. me and Alex looked at each other and the back at him.

-"Maybe comparing to where you came from." Alex said.

-"Obviously." he said, chuckling. "let me introduce you to my friends from the North. Neva and Crystal. sisters." he pointed at the girl with braided hair first and then the girl with short hair.

-"Thank you both for coming. I know it wasn't your duty." Alex said.

-"It was." Crystal said.

-"Our parents were killed by Alpha Liam." Neva said. "it's our chance to return the favor."

-"So is ours." I said.

Then around noon Alice showed up in an SUV. she got out and stepped towards us and hugged both me and Alex without saying anything.

-"So... we're getting in a war huh?" she asked.

-"Apparently." Alex said.

-"Then good thing I brought some backup." she looked at the SUV. two guys got out and stepped towards us. one had red hair and green eyes. the other was black and very muscular with a shaved head.

-"You must be the Alpha." the red haired guy said. "I'm Rob. and this big guy is my mate, Mike."

-"We're here to kick some werewolf butt." Mike said, smirking.

-"You've come to the right place then." Alex said, smiling. "go on in, you'll meet everyone else."

And after settling them down a little, we gathered them in the main hall.

-"Everyone knows what's going to happen." Alex said. "This isn't gonna be ok. I'm not gonna lie. each one of you knows Alpha Liam and heard stories about him. and we all know how ruthless and violent he is. He doesn't have any mercy and we're outnumbered. that's why I'm asking you to leave if you don't want to fight. I don't care what's the reason. if you have responsibilities towards your family or you have to take care of someone or if you just don't want to fight, I'm not gonna judge you." he said and waited a couple of seconds. some looked at each other but no one left. "Good. now that that's cleared out, I'm gonna assign you to your locations. I'm guessing they are close. so everyone listen up carefully."

***

-"I'm so glad I found this town...." Robin said while looking out at the scenery.

We were both sitting on a large tree branch in the forest behind the mansion. all around us was nothing but snow covered forest and the only other colorful things were leafless trees and dark green pine trees. in front of us, I could see the frozen lake surrounded by trees. even though the sky was covered with gray clouds, we could see weak rays of sun cutting their way through the cloud.

Robin was sitting next to me on the branch. she was wearing a black coat and her red scarf with a black pants and boots. she had her round glasses on and was sketching in her sketch book. her auburn hair moved slowly with the breeze.

-"Do you carry that sketchbook everywhere?" I asked.

-"There are ideas everywhere." she said.

-"I suppose so..." I said, looking at her. "you didn't introduce us."

-"To who?" she asked, curious. I pointed at the bow that was next to her.

-"Oh!" she chuckled. "this, this is my good friend، little John."

-"Little John?" I asked.

-"Yeah! Robin Hood, Little John. kinda figured it would work." she pointed at herself then at the bow.

-"Ooooh" I said. "in that case, we can't be together."

-"What? why?" she said and looked at me surprised.

-"Cause wolves and foxes don't always get along." I said smirking. she looked at me for a second before starting to laugh. it started with a chuckle but then after a couple of seconds she was laughing out loud. I smiled and looked at her laughing.

-"Oh my God!" she started panting while laughing.

-"You know what I just realized?" I asked.

-"W-what?" she said and took her glasses off to dry her eyes.

-"I don't have a picture of you. not a single one."

-"Oh... you're right. I guess we never had the time." she said.

-"We have the time now." I said and took out my phone from my coat's pocket.

-"What? no, no, no! I don't look good now!"

-"Shush!" I said opening the camera and holding it on her face.

-"No, please Dusty I look horrible!"

-"You look perfectly fine just smile." I said. she rolled her eyes and moved her hair aside, smiling a bit. the smile that always made me smile. I adjusted the picture and took it.

-"Did you take it?" she asked.

-"Yeah." I said and smiled. "It looks beautiful."

-"No, it doesn't." she said chuckling.

-"Yeah it does." I smiled again and looked at her but my smile faded slowly as I saw the bow behind her back, laying against the body of the tree.

-"Something wrong?" she asked.

-"No, no it's alright." I said looking down at my phone.

-"No tell me. I can feel there's something wrong. I can feel it."

-"It's um... it's just that bow."

-"What's the matter with it?"

-"Nothing is wrong with it. it's just every time I see it, I get reminded about...what we're gonna do. I worry a lot."

-"I can take care of myself." she said.

-"Did you ever fight with a werewolf?"

-"Well...no but-"

-"There are no buts." I cut her off. "you have no idea how it is. you're a human and they're blood thirsty who crave for human blood. if I can't protect you, if they get too close to you, if you... I just don't know what I'd do."

-"Dusty.." she wrapped an arms around me. "I don't know what I'd do too. it's not like they can only attack me. I don't know what I'd do if one of them got you."

-"You think I'm that easy to catch?" I said with a slight chuckle. she smiled a bit.

-"But I'm not worried. I know you're strong and can protect yourself."

-"And you too! it's my job."

-"And you've done great so far. or was it someone else who broke into Liam's mansion to rescue me?"

-"No, it was me but that's exactly why I don't want you to fight."

-"Dust, I was surprised once. never again. you have to trust me." she said.

I looked at her eyes right before the sound came. the sound of the howl. it came, breaking through the silence of the forest.

-"That's the signal!" I said.

-"Let's go!" she said and grabbed her bow and jumped on the ground. I followed her as we started running in the snow covered ground towards the frozen lake.

At there I saw Alex in his wolf form, standing on the ice. his wolf was a light gray one. Elsa was standing next to him and was wearing a grey colored coat with boots. a few seconds after our arrival, three snow white wolves arrived and shifted to their human forms for us to see Frost, Crystal and Neva. right after them Mike and Rob showed up and Alice behind them. from behind us I heard another wolf approaching and turned to see, in surprise, a wolf almost exactly like mine with reddish brown fur. he transformed and I saw Ignis stepping close to us.

-"Your wolf... it's so similar to mine." I said. "although, it shouldn't be a shock since we're...related." he nodded his head a bit.

-"It's um... it looks like dad's wolf." he said.

Before I could say anything, I saw a black wolf coming towards us from the other side of the lake. I growled and wanted to shift my form when Alex stopped me.

-"Stop! he's friendly." he said.

As the wolf got closer it shifted into a man. he was a tall African American with very short black hair and was wearing nothing other than a pair of jeans and jacket with sneakers but what caught my attention the most, were his eyes. I noticed them first when he was approaching as a wolf but I could clearly see them when he was in his human form.

His eyes were golden.

This was no exaggeration. they were the color of gold and they even shined like gold. Alex went ahead and hugged him gently before bringing him close to us.

-"Everybody, let me introduce Matt. he's a good friend of mine and accepted to help us today." Alex said.

-"How come we've never seen you if you're his friend?" Frost asked, crossing his arms.

-"I'm a Rogue." he simply said. there was no reply. he looked around the group and saw me and as if had realized something, he smirked. "so you're Dust." he said, approaching. "I heard so much about you from Alex. you're like me."

-"You're a..." I trailed off, not being able to finish my sentence.

-"a half-breed. like you."

-"Except you have a better mark than me." I said and he chuckled.

-"He is responsible for much of the great paintings across the town on walls and sidewalks."

-"You made them?!" Robin asked excitedly. "I always adored them. they're really good!"

-"Always nice to meet a fan... well it's the first time." he chuckled.

-"Let's forget about all of these. I saw them around here. any minute now they could be-"

A certain growl cut him off and made us all turn around. on the other side of the lake, we could see different wolves coming of of the woods and approaching us. a lot of them started showing us from every direction. way more than we could count and they were all following a figure, all dressed in black and we all knew who he was.

All of us started walking towards them with me and Ignis and Robin on the front line. as we got close to them he suddenly raised his hand and all the wolves behind him stopped. nonetheless, we stopped too, keeping a close eyes on them. he started walking towards us again, lonely this time. I looked at Robin and Ignis and Alex.

-"You better go ahead." Alex said towards Ignis. "you know him the best."

-"I think he wants to talk to Dust." he said.

-"I'm coming too. I got a word with him." I said and walked forward towards him with Ignis. I could see him more clearly as he got closer on the ice. he was wearing a black suit with black shirt and tie along with a black coat and black gloves. as always his hair was calmed and his face was shaved. we stopped as we got to each other.

-"So... it had to come to this." he said but in any tone but sad.

-"You brought it to this." I said.

-"Don't be mistaken. I offered you peace by our traditional ways. unfortunately, both participants were unworthy." he said and took a disgraceful look at Ignis.

-"If anyone's unworthy it's you!" I growled.

-"Me?" he asked and laughed a bit. "I see now, I'm an unworthy Alpha and you're a worthy Beta. no, I'm sorry, ALPHA." he said alpha mockingly and laughed more. "you want to become Alpha? who do you think will accept you? who do you think accepts you as a half breed Alpha?"

-"Don't listen to him Dust." Ignis said.

-"Who do you think accepts you as their leader? him? do you think he accepts you as his brother? the young Alpha?" he chuckled smirking. "You can't be that idiot."

Ignis pushed me back and got in front of me.

-"Do you really want to do this?" Ignis asked angrily.

-"Do YOU really want to do this? you're already outnumbered."

-"Don't worry about us."

-"I'm not."

-"Then let's end this." he turned around and I walked beside him back to our group.

-"Ignis!" he called. we stopped and turned around. "you can get yourself out of this. you're my nephew after all. you can make it tup o me. I'd hate to see you dead."

He stopped and looked at him for a second before frowning.

-"I'm not your only nephew. I'm closer to Dust than I ever was with you. and if you're really worried, you'll stop this madness." he said as we both continued heading back to our group.

-"You didn't have to do that...thanks." I said slowly.

-"Anytime... it was true." he said just as slowly, as if we were both a little uncomfortable at this topic so we both transformed to our wolves and jogged towards our group. they, seeing this, transformed to their wolves. Frost and sisters transformed to three white wolves, Alex and Elsa shifted to gray wolves, Alice to a brown one, Mike to a dark gray one with white front paws and Rob to an almost dark yellow wolf, and finally Matt to a black wolf. once we got there, Robin was only one standing there as a human, holding her bow and arrow.

We got to them and I nodded at Alex. he growled and started to howl as the rest of us followed. about a minute later on, the other wolves started came out of the forest, growling and ready to attack. I took a last look at Robin as she kneeled and held my head.

-"We'll be fine..." she whispered and I nuzzled her. she got up, putting an arrow in her bow. then with Alex's sudden loud growl, the battle began.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 126 20
The fates had been cruel to her. Vicious by the hand they dealt her. Sentenced to a life of pain, she lived in the darkness forced upon her. When...
64K 3.9K 34
Chloe has lost everything. She fights to prove herself as a true Alpha but more secrets become unraveled and there is no escaping her dark fate. Ther...
8.2M 248K 46
Charlotte has kept her wolf a secret her entire life. She knows she is the first born heir to an Alpha, but her mother refuses to tell her who her fa...
251K 10.2K 50
A chance meeting with a naked man in the woods turns Mia's world upside down. Things she thought were only fairytales are real and the man even has a...