It's a Wonderful life

By kcxbello

One winter morning, Ariana Grande wakes up to a very unfamilar life. She finds herself married to Jai Brooks... More

What a Way to Wake up
Christmas Tree Pancakes
A Christmas Tree shopping we Go
The Perfect Tree
Family bonding
Ball of Horemones
Airy
Luke and Di
Snowball fights and pesghetti, oh my!
Spa Day
Party Time
No home without you.
It was a dream?
Something to live for
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue - 2
Epilogue - 3
Epilogue - 4
Epilogue - 5
Epilogue - 6

Not so Wonderful Life

661 17 11
By kcxbello

The next hour was a complete blur for Ariana. It seemed like one moment she was outside talking to Luke and the next she was sitting in the emergency room. After Dianna had come outside, they had rushed back inside the house to see most of the party guests gathering around in a circle. In the middle of the circle lay Jai sprawled out on the floor. Ariana was at his side immediately, Gina was next to her, and her parents were holding her screaming daughters while Beau was on the phone calling 911. Gina explained to Ariana that Jai had been talking one moment and was on the floor the next, in the midst of having a seizure. The paramedics arrived shortly after and rushed Jai to the nearest hospital. Ariana, Beau, Gina, Joan, Edward, Frankie, Dianna and Luke all followed in a few cars. Needless to say the party was over, Miley and Zac stayed at the house to watch the children.

"He's been in there for a while," Ariana said as she looked up to the clock for the millionth time.

"I know, I just wish someone would tell us what is going on," Gina said as she squeezed her daughter in law's hands.

"He's going to be ok, Jai is so strong," Joan told Ariana, she was on the other side of her daughter, rubbing her back, attempting to comfort her.

"Mrs. Brooks," a doctor in blue scrubs walked into the waiting room.

"Yes," Ariana stood up as fast as she could for being nine months pregnant, as did everyone else.

"I'm Dr. Cole," the older man replied. "I was one of the attendings on call this evening when your husband was brought in."

"How's my husband? What's wrong with him?" Ariana quickly asked, all she wanted was to know that Jai was going to be ok.

"I'm afraid that Mr. Brooks is suffering from a ruptured brain aneurysm," Dr. Cole stated as everyone gasped. Beau immediately wrapped his mother in his arms.

All alone, Ariana felt her knees buckle beneath her as her mother helped her back into her chair, fearing that she couldn't stand on her own.

"Are you alright Mrs. Brooks?" Dr. Cole asked, noticing just how pregnant she was, it looked like she could deliver any day now.

"A brain aneurysm?" Ariana questioned, trying desperately to fight back her tears. "I don't...I don't understand, he's so young and so healthy."

"Sometimes these things just happen," Dr. Cole replied as he patted her shoulder.

The nerve of this quack, Ariana thought, she controlled herself from slapping his smug little face. "Is he going to be ok?"

"We're prepping him for surgery right now," Dr. Cole explained. "Dr. Cohen will be performing the procedure, he's one of the top five neurosurgeons in the country, and your husband will be in great hands. I'm going to have a nurse take you to the surgery waiting room where Dr. Cohen will speak to you briefly about Mr. Brooks' surgery."

"Thank you Dr. Cole," Beau said as he held Gina closely, Ariana was unable to speak, still shocked from the news that Jai had a brain aneurysm.

The group of family and close friend was speechless at the news. How could someone as young and healthy as Jai have a brain aneurysm. It just didn't make any sense to them. Shortly after Dr. Cole's departure, a nurse took the very sad group up to the surgical waiting room. They were quickly briefed by the neurosurgeon, Dr. Cohen, before he rushed off to surgery. They all had unanswered questions but the doctor told them that every minute counted and he couldn't waste more time than necessary.

"Look at her," Dianna said sadly as she watched her best friend stare blankly out the window. "She's been like that for over an hour now."

"I know," Luke replied. "Maybe you should talk to her."

"You think?" Dianna asked, she had seen Ariana turn away hers and Jai's parents, even Frankie, her own brother.

"Go on," Luke placed a gentle kiss on his girlfriend's forehead. "She needs you."

Dianna nodded before slowly and cautiously walking over to join Ariana in the corner of the room. "Ari," Dianna gently placed a hand on Ariana's slightly turned shoulder.

Ariana jumped as she felt the slight touch; she turned to see Dianna standing in front of her.

"Can I sit?" Dianna asked but Ariana turned back to the window staring mindlessly at the tiny snowflakes that had begun to fall. "Well, I'm going to sit anyway. I just called the house; Miley said that the girls finally fell asleep in your room. Kenzie was a little easier to put down, but Caitlin was very upset."

Ariana nodded, as she felt a tear roll down her cheek, the thought of the girls missing their Daddy so much was enough to break her heart. "Thanks."

"I told Miley I'd call her with more updates, too," Dianna explained. "How are you doing? I know it's a stupid question but..."

Ariana forced a smile as she looked at her friend. "At least you're honest."

"I try," Dianna said as she took Ariana's hands in hers. "Can I get you anything sweetie? Frankie and your dad went down to the cafeteria to get coffee and tea for everyone. How about some food? Do you want anything to eat?"

"I want Jai," Ariana whispered, her lips trembling.

"Oh Ari," Dianna said as she hugged her friend close to her, her own heart breaking.

"I can barely breathe, I want him so badly," Ariana said as she settled her chin on Dianna's shoulder.

"You have him," Dianna replied.

"What if he doesn't come back to me?" Ariana asked, her heart practically pounded through her chest as the horrible thoughts came to her mind. How would she be able to survive this life without him?

"Hey, we are not even going to begin to go there sweetie," Dian a said. "Jai is the strongest person I know, he's not going anywhere. He's a fighter and I know he'll fight his damn hardest for you and for his kids."

"You heard Dr. Cohen though," Ariana sat up, looking terrified as she recounted what the neurosurgeon had said a few short hours ago. "The first twenty four hours are critical and even up to seven days there's still a chance of rebleeding. And the risk of the drain causing a serious infection is about 75% and the long term..."

Dianna stopped her. "I know, I heard. Sweetie, this isn't healthy. Why are you rehashing all of this?"

"Because I don't know...know what else to do," Ariana whispered, as she ran a hand over her tired face.

"Ariana," Dianna said as she took Ariana's hand off her face. "Look at me."

"What?" Ariana breathed in.

"It's ok to cry," Dianna stated as she looked into her best friend's sad and tired eyes, barely able to stand the pain.

"Di," Ariana cried out as the first tear rolled down. "If I cry, I...I...I don't know if I'll be able to stop."

"Then you don't have to," Dianna said. "I'm right here, Luke is right here, your family is here. We're all here for you; you don't always have to be the strong one."

Ariana nodded quickly, feeling reassured, as the tears began to pour and she lost her voice, crying into her best friend's shoulder.

"Let it out sweetie," Dianna said as she tried to soothe her friend, gently rubbing Ariana's back. "She's going to be ok," Dianna mouthed to Joan and Gina as they watched Ariana's body tremble with each sob. The two older women grew worried at first and were ready to go their daughter (and daughter in law) but Dianna's reassurance soothed their worry.

+=+=+=+=+

He survived the eight hour surgery. He survived....survived...he was alive, it was all Ariana could think. She tore her mind away from that fact that it was still going to be touch and go for the next day or so, she could no longer think of the terrifying risks and horrible long term effects that Jai could possibly endure. She couldn't think about them because they would drive her back into that deep dark place that she fought so hard to free herself from. He was alive and at this moment that was all that mattered. Thank God, Ariana thought as she stood outside the ICU; she thanked God for bringing him back to her. They had just moved him into a private ICU room after an hour in recovery; she was dying to see him, to touch him, to kiss him, to see for herself that her Jai was still whole.

"Go on sweetie," Gina, Luke and Beau stood behind her, ushering her into the ICU.

"Are you sure?" Ariana turned to her in-laws and saw the heartfelt sincerity in their faces.

Beau nodded as he squeezed her shoulder gently, "We know he'd want to see his girl first."

Ariana nodded, "I won't be long."

"Oh sweetie, don't worry, you take all the time you need," Gina said as she gave her daughter in law a hug. "Tell him we love him."

"I will," Ariana replied as she nodded, trying not to cry.

"And we love you too," Gina cried, unable to hide her tears.

"I know," Ariana let out, a barely audible whisper as the two women stood in their embrace.

"Mrs. Brooks," a nurse called from the doorway.

Ariana wiped her face after pulling away from Gina. "Yes."

"I'm Rose, I can take you to your husband's room now," Rose smiled.

"Ok, thank you," Ariana said as she began to follow Rose through a set of double doors.

"Bye," Gina held onto her son as Ariana disappeared.

"When are you due?" Rose asked Ariana as they rounded a corner.

"Two weeks," Ariana replied, she hadn't even thought about the baby since she had been at the hospital.

"Here we are," Rose stopped in front of a glass wall, curtains blocking the view of the room. "First you need to wash your hands and put on a mask, your husband is very prone to infections right now."

Ariana nodded as she turned to the sink that she had just passed on her right. After she finished, Rose led her into Jai's room. Her heart dropped to her stomach and she had to grip down on the chair that stood in front of her. The sight of her husband lying there, practically lifeless with a bandage wrapped around his head and connected to the many, many tubes and machines was almost too much for Ariana to take.

"Are you alright dear?" Rose asked concerned.

Ariana nodded, although Rose seemed like a nice woman, she desperately wanted her to leave so she could be alone with Jai.

"I'll just be at the nurses' station if you need anything," Rose stated from the doorway. "Don't hesitate if you need anything."

"Thank you," Ariana replied as she heard her leave the room. "Jai," Ariana cried as she settled herself in the chair, scooting as close to his bed as she could. "Oh baby," She gently caressed his arm and gently kissed his lips, taking him all in. "You have no idea how much you scared me," Ariana reached out and grabbed Jai's hand, never wanting to let it go. "I love you so much," Ari choked out as she laid her head on the bed, against his side, still holding onto his hand for dear life.

"Don't cry pretty girl, don't cry," Jai's faint voice filled the air.

"Oh!" Ariana's exclaimed as she sat up, to see Jai's eyes slowly opening, a smile attempting to form on his lips. "Jai! You're awake."

"I'm awake," his tired voice replied, it was so hard to talk but he would do anything for her.

"I was so afraid," Ariana whispered as her hands gently caressed his face. "I can't believe you're real, you had us all so worried."

"So...sorry," Jai huffed, he had to close his eyes for a second; the pain in his head was so intense.

"Don't be sorry," Ariana replied, as she kissed his cheek. "All that matters is that you're ok," as soon as the words left her mouth, she knew something was not right. He was gasping for air and had trouble opening his eyes.

"Ar...Ariana," Jai finally opened his eyes once more; he smiled as he looked up at his loving wife. "From the first moment that I saw you Ari, I knew."

"Jai," Ariana sobbed. She knew too.

"I knew that no one could make me happier than you, it took us a while but...but," Jai settled his eyes on hers. "I love you so much."

"I love you," Ariana said, her words slow and trembling, but with her whole heart and soul she meant it, she had never meant it more.

"I know," Jai smiled again as his breathing became shallow.

"Jai," Ariana leaned down, "You hold on," she cried. "Let me get your nurse baby."

"Tell the girls I lo..."

"No!" Ariana screamed, she was not going to let this happen, not after all she'd been through. She couldn't believe she had been brought here just to lose Jai. It was not going to end this way, it couldn't. "You're going to tell them yourself!"

"And our son, he's going..," Jai paused, trying to catch his breath.

"Please don't leave me," Ariana sobbed uncontrollably as she threw herself on top of him, not caring if she was causing him any discomfort. The thought of being alone was too much to bear.

"I love...," Ariana closed her eyes as she heard his soft voice in her ear.

"No!" She cried when she heard the loud beeping of the machines. "Jai!" She sat up instantly, shaking him, as if that would bring him back. "No! No! No! Help me!" Ariana cried looking behind her for the nurses and doctors who needed to save her husband. She looked back at Jai and it was almost like he was sleeping peacefully.

"Mrs. Brooks!" she heard her name being called. "Mrs. Brooks!" There it was again. She had suddenly been grabbed as doctors and nurses worked frantically on her husband.

"Nooo!" She screamed as the doctor shook his head solemnly to one of the nurses. "You fix him now!"

"Time of death..," the doctor began.

"Jai!" Her last words echoed in the small room before a nurse escorted her out of the room.

+=+=+=+=+

....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 159 24
Jai Brooks and Ariana Grande decide to start a new life together. They are moving in to their own house. Jai plans on changing his life and becoming...
1.2K 29 11
Trequel to L.O.V.E 2: Take My Hand the final instalment to Justin Bieber and Grace Grande's life. Just as Justin thought he had an amazing life, Grac...
12.6K 688 48
*Sequel to Your My Everything, Love* It has been 5 years now and Ariana and Big Sean are close. I think he's about to propose to Ariana. Ariana is s...
19.9K 428 20
Twins Avia and Emmi were separated when they were only a few months old when their parents decided to divorce. Each took one child. Ariana took Avia...