Forbidden

By Violaplayer44

(Sean Renard) Paityn is Nick's older sister. Also a Grimm just like her brother. They both work on the police... More

Chapter 1 Pilot
Chapter 2 Bears will be Bears
Chapter 3 BeeWare
Chapter 4 Lonelyhearts
Chapter 5 Das Gift von Grimm (Own Idea)
Chapter 5.5 Danse Macabre
Chapter 6 The three bad wolves
Chapter 7 Let Down Your Hair
Chapter 8 Game Ogre
Chapter 9 Of Mouse and Man
Chapter 10 Organ Grinder
Chapter 11 Tarentella
Chapter 12 Last Grimm Standing
Chapter 13 Three Coins in a Fuchsbau
Chapter 14 Plumed Serpent
Chapter 15 Island of Dreams
Chapter 16 The Thing with Feathers
Chapter 18 Cat and Mouse
Chapter 19: Leave It To Beavers
Chapter 20: Happily Ever Aftermath

Chapter 17 Love Sick

334 7 0
By Violaplayer44

Paityn was 11 weeks along. She had a small baby bump that was visible if people looked directly at her stomach area. Her symptoms have been getting better. At the moment, Paityn was walking out to Sean's car with him. Paityn heard the car beep as he unlocked it and suddenly, as they were walking to the doors, a gun was put up against Sean and her's head. She tensed up scared for a moment. 

"My apologies sir. I was told, 'Use force if necessary.'" The man started. He took both Paityn and Sean's guns away. "Knowing you as I do, I found it necessary." He finished. Paityn was released of gun-point and she went by Sean's side worried. 

"Good to see you too Woolsey." Sean sighed. 

"Your cousin would like to see you," Woolsey stated. 

"He's here?" Sean asked as if he didn't believe him. 

"Yes, sir. And waiting." Woolsey said. 

"It must be important then," Sean said. 

"Afraid so sir," Woosley said looking around. "She can't come with." 

"Wait, I'm not leaving Sean." Paityn panicked. 

"She's right. She's not leaving." Sean said. 

"Well, then I suppose you won't mind driving," Woosley smirked and Paityn looked at Sean as he nodded. 

"It's better than dying I suppose," Sean said. Paityn went to go to the car and Woosley spoke quickly. 

"Just between us sir, I wouldn't entirely rule that out." He stated. Paityn froze, the blood left her face. She looked at him shocked. No way his family was that bad. No way. Paityn was put in the backseat of the car while Sean was in the front seat. Woosley was in the passenger seat to watch them both. 

They pulled inside of an old building. Paityn was shaking like a leaf as she stepped out of the car. She looked at the man as he asked Sean how he was doing. 

"I was doing just fine...Til I had a fun pressed against my neck by a man I've known for nearly 20 years and having my girlfriend threatened to be killed." Sean sighed frustrated. Woosley looked at Paityn as she stood somewhat close to Sean. 

"It's nothing personal sir," Woolsey stated. 

"I know Woosley, but I'm taking it that way," Sean said. He glanced over to Paityn to make sure she was okay and she gave him a shaky smile. 

"No hard feelings, sir. Your privilege." Woosley said. 

"Sorry for the blunt force Sean. I couldn't take the chance that you might refuse the invitation. And my time is very limited. Speaking of which, why did you bring her. This is a personal business." The man said. 

"She's with me. She's my girlfriend." Sean said. 

"I can tell by the small baby bump she has, you have proceeded with the plan." He said. Sean motioned for Paityn to come up beside him and she did. He grabbed her hand squeezing it reassuring her. 

"I have," Sean said. "What do you want?" He asked. 

"It's not just me, cousin. It's the family. We're very concerned. Things are not moving the way they should be." The man said. 

"Well, you've come a long way for nothing," Sean said. 

"I never go anywhere for nothing. So the choices are, give us the key, Or we will take one of the two Grimms and find it ourselves. Which is why I didn't want her here. Grimm." He sent Paityn a glare. 

"We don't have the damn key. Some asshole took it a while back. You got the wrong people." Paityn lied. Sean looked at her as if saying 'Be quiet.' 

"Oh, we know that isn't true Paityn. People like you should learn to be quiet." He said. Abruptly Woolsey hit her lower back with the gun and she yelped falling to her knees. "We're tired of waiting, Sean." 

"What do you think I've been doing all this time? Playing Croquet?" Sean said. His hand was in a fist due to what they did to Paityn. He gave her a glance of concern and she was shaking on the ground in slight pain. "Some of us actually put some thought into what we do before we do it," Sean said. He held a form of anger in his voice and Paityn tried to stand up carefully. 

"No one is interested in excuses anymore. We want answers cousin." He said. Paityn slowly stood back up and Sean looked at her seeing a few tears on her cheeks. His fist clenched even harder if possible. "We want action." 

"Well then you're gonna fucking get it," Paityn smirked knowing what Sean was about to do. The man looked at Paityn and scoffed. That was when Paityn quickly sent her elbow back into Woolsey seeing him about to hit her back again and Sean grabbed him throwing him to the ground all the while grabbing his gun. Quickly, he shot his cousin in the head while Woolsey was on the floor in pain. Paityn looked at Sean and he looked at her. She nodded and he turned to point the gun at Woosley. 

"My answer is no, by the way. You may want to relay that back to the family." Sean said as he took his and Paityn's guns back and walked away partially. 

"I think the message is pretty clear sir." Woolsey groaned. "If I tell them, they'll kill me." Sean sighed and walked back over to him. 

"You got a point there Woosley. Sorry, it's nothing personal." Sean said.

"I know sir. But I'm taking it that way." Woosley said. 

"Your privilege," Paityn said and Sean shot him. They stood there for a moment and then Sean went over to Paityn. 

"Let me see your back," Sean said. Paityn turned around and he softly lifted her shirt enough to see her lower back. There was a small red mark by her lower back but nothing else. "Does it hurt anywhere?" He asked. 

"Just the spot he hit," Paityn said. Sean nodded worriedly. 

"I'll have to get you checked out just to be sure. No chances." Sean stated. Paityn nodded. 

"Better safe than sorry." She smiled lightly. 

~~~

Paityn had gone back to the condo. She had already moved in. Everything was there. Some things needed to be unpacked but that was about it. Paityn sat down on the couch wincing a small bit in pain. Her phone beeped signaling a text and she sighed seeing it was Nick. She called him seeing the text was of utmost importance. 

"Nick? Are you serious? How the hell did that happen?" Paityn said. She went into the bedroom to have privacy. 

"I don't know. She has to have Hank under some form of spell right? I mean, there's no way a human can fall in love with a Hexenbiest. It's practically impossible." Nick said. 

"I don't know what to say. I'll try and figure it out I just got home and I had a pretty rough start to the morning." Paityn said. She winced thinking about it. 

"Woah, everything alright?" Nick asked.

"Yeah fine. Just, headaches like crazy. Pregnancy things. The usual." Paityn lied. 

"Understood. I'll see you soon sis." Nick said. He hung up and Paityn sighed putting her phone away. Having Adalind and Hank together seemed like a recipe for disaster. Suddenly her phone began ringing again and it was Wu. 

"We got a murder. Need you here stat." He said. 

~~~

Paityn arrived at the same scene Sean and she was at earlier. She walked over to Hank and she sighed. 

"What do we got?" She asked. 

"Two dead bodies. Two guns one Mercedes." Wu said. Wu then proceeded to eat his chapstick cap but Paityn didn't notice because she also ate her chapstick. Except, she ate the whole thing. Hank came over to Paityn as Nick arrived. 

"Okay, so the older guy's a brit, Thomas Woolsey. And the other guy is Anton Krug. He's swiss," Hank sighed. He wasn't necessarily happy his dinner was cut short. 

"Both have guns in their hands, so a simple-minded Sergeant would surmise they shot each other. Fortunately, that's not my job. I'm gonna run prints." Wu said and then walked away. 

"So we think there was a third?" Paityn asked. 

"Seems like it." Nick sighed. 

"So what do you think?" Hank asked. 

"I just got here Hank. So did Pait." Nick chuckled. 

"About Adalind." Hank smiled walking to one of the bodies. 

"I gotta be honest with you, Hank. I don't see this one working one too well." Nick said. 

"What are you talking about? Look, I know you're afraid that I might take advantage of her because we saved her life, but it's not like that." Hank said. "Pait? What do you think?" He asked. He looked at her hopefully. 

"I can't have an opinion. But She seems...Interesting." Paityn scratched the back of her head.

"Ah come on you two. She's gonna grow on you I just know it." Hank smiled. 

"What if she takes advantage of you?" Nick asked. 

"Works for me." Hank smiled. 

"Look, Hank. We're cops. We can't do this. We gotta keep it separate." Nick sighed. 

"On the other hand life is short and I'm not getting married tomorrow." Hank quietly stated. He walked away and then got on his knees to look at the car. 

"Hey, we got a cell phone. Someone bring me a baggie." Hank said. Nick and Paityn walked over to him when Wu handed him a baggie. Suddenly, Wu ate the entire chapstick thing making Nick turn his attention away from Paityn while she ate a key she had. 

"What?" Wu asked while Nick looked at him like he was crazy. 

~~~

Back at the station, Paityn was at her desk. Nick was keeping a close eye on Wu not even knowing that Paityn had taken some paper clips off her desk and ate them. Sean walked over to them.

"Making any progress on the double homicide?" Sean asked making Paityn jump. 

"Not much. We got two foreigners, one swiss, one British, who decided to shoot each other in Portland." Hank said. 

"According to the rental agreement found in the Mercedes, it was rented to Anton Krug, but the keys were found in Woolsey's pocket," Nick said. 

"So they either knew each other or one was trying to steal the car from the other?" Sean suggested. Paityn shifted in her seat uncomfortably. Her stomach was flipping for obvious reasons but she didn't know. 

"They had to have known each other. According to the airlines, they both flew in together today. And there was only one car so obviously, they drove together." Hank said. 

"Makes sense," Sean said. 

"Unless there was a second car, and somebody drove away," Nick suggested. Sean looked over with a somewhat nervous glance but contained himself. 

"What are you saying, a third man?" Sean asked. "We got any evidence of this?" He asked. 

"Not yet." Nick sighed. 

"Could've been a business dispute that got out of hand. Can you connect them to anybody here?" Sean asked. He was slightly panicking and Paityn could sense it. 

"We did find this cell phone underneath the car," Hank said lifting the phone. Paityn took a deep breath and leaned back closing her eyes. "We think it must've fallen out of Anton's pocket when he hit the ground," Hank said. 

"Have you accessed it yet?" Sean asked. 

"We haven't been able to turn it on. We think it broke when it hit the ground." Nick motioned to the phone. Sean visibly relaxed. 

"Lab will be able to get that information," Hank said. 

"Good, good. Keep me advised." Sean said beginning to walk out. Paityn shifted a small bit in her seat again and she shook her head clearing it so she could focus. 

"Hey, you alright Pait?" Hank asked. She nodded. 

"Stomach isn't all too happy. Probably more pregnancy bull crap." Paityn sighed. 

"Gentlemen. You two as well, and lady." Wu laughed a small bit. The three of them looked at each other confused. 'Waits for a laugh, doesn't get it, all right. According to the airline records, which I just received and happened to peruse while in the restroom, both your victims declared the guns they used to shoot each other when they checked in for their flight from Zurich. So my guess is, the two guys knew each other." Wu said. 

"Makes sense," Paityn said. She stood up taking a deep breath. 

"I'll be right back. I need to go find Sean." Paityn said. Nick looked at her concerned. 

"Paityn you look Pale. Are you sure you're okay?" He asked. 

"I'll be fine," Paityn said. She patted Wu on the shoulder and left quickly. She stumbled into the walls partially as her vision blurred and she just barely made it down the stairs. She looked around the best she could. 

"Hey, you alright?" She heard an officer ask. 

"Where's the captain?" She asked. 

"I think he just left." He said. "Do you need me to get him?" He asked. 

"No, I'll get him. Thank you." Paityn said. She kept stumbling forward making it to the parking garage and she pulled her phone out calling him. He answered quite fast. 

"Paityn? I just got in my car what do you need?" He asked. 

"Sean, I just got out in the parking lot. I don't..." She started but she collapsed to the ground making her phone hit the ground and shatter. As fast as Sean could, he got out of the car sprinting towards the entrance. He saw Paityn on the ground and kneeled beside her. He quickly checked her pulse feeling one. 

"I need help down here!" Sean screamed. He held Paityn in his arms as a few officers rushed out to her with medical equipment. 

"Sergeant Wu went down as well sir." One of the medics said. Sean nodded not able to process. 

~~~

In the hospital, Sean was waiting for news on Paityn and the baby. Wu had eaten too many non-digestible foods and gotten himself sick. Sean knew it was probably due to Adalind's curse she did and he hoped it wasn't the same for Paityn. When the nurse came out Sean stood up quickly. 

"Are they okay? Is the baby okay? Is she okay?" Sean asked quickly. 

"Relax. Both she and the baby are okay. She had eaten some objects that she shouldn't have. Her bowels are intact however and the baby is still healthy. She got very lucky." The doctor said. Sean sighed in relief. 

"When can I take her home?" Sean asked. 

"Tomorrow. We need to keep running tests. It's very common in pregnancy to see this but normally it's with dirt due to iron deficiency." The doctor said. Sean nodded again and went into the room after the doctor left. He sat down beside her and kissed her head softly. 

"Sleep well Paityn. It'll be over soon. I promise." Sean whispered. 

~~~

The next day, Paityn was driven home by Sean. Paityn went to the bedroom laying down on the bed and she curled into a ball. Sean carefully sat down on the edge of the bed and placed his hand on her thigh. 

"You alright?" He asked. 

"Yeah, I'm just shaken up. Thank you." Paityn gave him a small smile and he returned it. It took a while but Sean sighed suddenly making Paityn look at him concerned. "What's wrong?" 

"Tonight is a big night. I won't be home likely till tomorrow. I want you to stay here. Please." Sean begged. 

"You don't have to tell me twice." Paityn chuckled a bit. Sean nodded and leaned over her. He gently kissed her head and she closed her eyes falling asleep instantly. 

~~~

Paityn woke up around 8 that night feeling sick again. She stood up and she went into the kitchen seeing the maid not there. She went to make a sandwich when suddenly her stomach lurched and she started coughing. She barely made it to the bathroom before throwing up and coughing some more. She quickly tried to dial Sean but it went straight to voicemail. 

"Dammit, Sean!" She yelled. She called Nick next hoping he'd answer. 

"Paityn? Everything alright?" Nick asked. Paityn coughed again heavily trying not to throw up. 

"No. Nick somethings wrong. I don't feel good." Paityn threw up again and Nick told Rosalee what was going on. 

"Paityn, did you have anything Wu had a while back?" Nick asked. 

"I shared Hank's cookie." Paityn winced. Nick cursed several times. 

"Where are you?" Nick asked. 

"Sean's Condo. Oh god." Paityn groaned. She coughed again and she had to hang up due to throwing up again several times. By now, it was all bile and Paityn was feeling beyond miserable. Around 20 minutes later, Paityn was on the verge of passing out when knocking was heard and she barely managed to stand up and go to the door. She opened it seeing a blurry outline of Nick. She collapsed into his arms barley conscious and Nick managed to carry her to the couch. 

"Hold her carefully." Rosalee directed. Nick and Monroe held her down while Rosalee put the tool in her nose and gave her the cure. Paityn's back arched and her face turned beet red and then back to normal. Nick carefully cupped her face looking for signs of improvement. Her skin color was somewhat returning but she still looked sick. 

"She doesn't look so good. Where's Sean right now?" Monroe asked. 

"I don't know. He should be with her right now." Nick was furious and planning on getting payback for leaving Paityn like this and alone for a matter of fact. "Let's go. We need to let her rest." Nick stood up and left with Rosalee and Monroe. 

~~~

Later that night, when Sean returned feeling extremely pissed off he wanted to go straight to bed. However, as soon as he saw Paityn, pale and on the couch, he softened. 

"Pait? Paityn you okay?" He asked. He went over to her and kneeled beside her. "Paityn?" He asked. Paityn took a sharp breath. 

"I don't feel so good." Paityn murmured. She didn't open her eyes and Sean nodded. 

"I know baby. I got you." Sean carefully picked her up and carried her to the bed laying her down. "You're warm." He said. Paityn was shivering, however. He laid down beside her and carefully held her close. 

"Thank you, Sean," Paityn whispered. He nodded and wrapped the blanket over them to keep them both warm. 

"I got you. I got you." Sean whispered. 

~~~

The next day, Paityn was up and at-em, ready to go. She was actually eating a sandwich when she got an anonymous phone call. 

"Burkhardt." She answered. Quickly, she was met with sobbing and she paused. "Are you alright ma'am?" She asked concerned. 

"No. Paityn, it's me. Adalind. He took everything. I have nothing." She heard Adalind sob. Paityn felt a surge of sadness fill her chest suddenly. 

"Where are you?" She asked. 

~~~

Adalind met up with Paityn at a cafe and Adalind had bloodshot eyes and her hair was a complete mess. Paityn went over to her and Adalind wrapped her arms around her carefully. Paityn froze and tensed for a moment but followed suit. 

"What happened?" She asked. 

"Nick, he, he took it away from me. I don't have any powers." She whimpered. Paityn moved back a bit. 

"You're not a hexenbiest anymore?" She asked. Adalind shook her head no and Paityn looked at her shocked. "I didn't even know that was possible." Paityn ran her hand through her hair softly and Adalind let out another whimper. Paityn looked at Adalind seeing how truly destroyed she was. 

"How did he know?" Adalind asked. 

"I don't know. Nick is more of a Grimm then I ever have been and probably ever will. I don't talk to him as much as I probably should about these types of things." Paityn sighed. Adalind nodded and Paityn looked at the cafe. "I'll buy us breakfast to cheer you up. Come on." Paityn gave a small smile and brought her inside to try and help cheer her up. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 587 40
I've grown to love the tv show called 'Grimm', my favorite characters are: Nick Burkhardt, Hank Griffin, Monroe, Rosalee, Juliette, Captain Renard an...
2.6K 140 20
Asher Sarge Rose is the twin brother of Ruby Rose, so follow this twin as he goes on crazy and wild adventures in Remnant. Follow Asher Rose and Team...
13.7K 339 9
Angela Burkhardt and her twin brother Nick Burkhardt are Portland homicide detectives. They discover their family is descended from a long line of "G...
5.7K 132 20
After the fall of beacon Ruby, Jaune, Nora, Ren, and Kaz set off on there journey to Haven academy while Qrow and Zack watch over them from the shado...