Return, Retry, Restart...Cont...

By DarkDespair713

You wanted to be with them. Little did you know, that when real flesh and blood are involved... a world with... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35 (FOR REAL)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Recap
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70

Chapter 21

7.9K 327 817
By DarkDespair713

"Monokid! What the... Monodam what have you done?" Monotaro questioned immediately after the trial.

"BLRBLRBLRBLRB" Monophanie puked.

"Ah gross.... oh well we could all stand to use some tension, right Dad?" Monosuke claimed.

"OMG! My sweet Monokid... claimed as collatoral damage!" Monokuma said in shock. "Oh wait. I still have four others, phew."

"We're that expendable huh?" Monophanie said

"What's done is done. No sense crying over crushed cubs. Unless you want to end up like those sad sacks over there..." Monokuma pointed at us.

No one paid any attention to what the Monokubs and Monokuma were saying. Everyone was flabbergasted at the gruesome sight they had just seen. Shuichi had collapsed on the ground much like you had earlier. Tears streamed down his face. You got up from the ground and slowly looked around. Everyone's faces were full of despair. Not one of you could believe the sight you had just seen. Not even you.

"That's overkill...this is just insane. Twisted." You heard various people comment on their disbelief of the scene you had just viewed

"Why are you making us do this?" Rantaro asked Monokuma calmness and anger laced in his voice.

"Because it's fun!"

"Fun? This is fun for you? Does human life mean nothing to you?" Kaito questioned.

"Oh no. Human life has so much value! That's why this is so much fun!" Monokuma stated.

"Kehehe...you've surpassed the level of psychotic by a wide margin..." Korekiyo commented.

"I won't forgive you for this! You got that?" Kaito shouted.

Monokuma chuckled. "Spoken like a marked man!"

"Do you hate us? If so, what did we do...." Himiko questioned mournfully.

"That's for you to find out!" Monokuma answered.

"But if Maki isn't the mastermind then who is...?" Kirumi muttered.

"Enough with the annoying questions, if I were you guys I'd focus less on whether or not there's a mastermind otherwise you'll all end up like Kaede!" Monokuma shouted angrily, as he turned to leave he added one thing, "Oh. (Y/N) after tonight you can sleep in a different room."

You nodded your head in response, not having enough energy to give an appropriate response.

The Monokuma briefly discussed the murder Monodam had committed before quickly following their father's example and leaving us to our misery. 

"I...I don't think I can take this anymore." Tsumugi said, breaking the silence. You closed your eyes, willing yourself not to give anything away. 

"Tsumugi you must not give up hope." Kirumi stated. 

"There's...there's no hope here." Himiko muttered. 

Tears streamed down Gonta's face. "Ggh... Kaede.."

Tenko stuttered, "What kind-d o-of degenerate mal-e cries in public." 

"Tenko, you're crying too." Keebo pointed out. 

"Let it go Keebo..." Rantaro said in reponse. 

Angie put her hands together. "In times like these, we need to pray to Atua for Kaede's soul to rest in peace." 

"I don't think anyone can rest in peace after being killed like that." I said outloud. 

"Yeah! You would know you bitch!" Miu shouted at me, "After all you're responsible for Maki's death too! You should've been executed too!" 

Those words rendered you speechless. 

"Hey. Stop. It's not completely (Y/N)'s fault, (Y/N) didn't take the direct action to kill Maki." Ryoma stood up for you. 

"Yeah! Plus if Maki really is a cold-blooded killer, then maybe (Y/N) did us all a favor!" Kokichi agreed. 

Shuichi got up, "They're right, we can't blame (Y/N). Kaede did what she did because she believed in me. She...trusted my detective work and I got her killed." 

"No... Shuichi don't say tha—" You started to say. 

"Aaargh! Shut up! Everyone of you!" The luminary of the stars, cut you off with his boisterous voice. "I'm tired of all these complaints! I agree that (Y/N) is partially to blame here but you Shuichi... you're pissing me off!" 

"Huh?" Shuichi sounded, with a confused expression on his face.

"Didn't you hear what Kaede said? She said she believed in you! She entrusted her wish to you! Not to any of us, but you! But you didn't say anything to Monokuma!" Kaito finished his rant with his iconic line, "You call yourself a man?!?"

At least he didn't hit Shuichi this time... 

"Enough! Can't you see Shuichi's upset about this too?" Kirumi commanded. You blinked your eyes, you had never seen Kirumi so... forceful before. 

"We should leave, staying here will only make us more depressed." Rantaro said.

Many of us voiced our agreements, but just like in the game Shuichi stayed behind. Kaito also lagged, presumably to suggest that Shuichi goes to Kaede's Ultimate Lab. 

As you got on the elevator to go back up, it was still deathly silent. This was one of the things you never got used to, this was something that the game normally would've skipped over, but because it's your reality now you have to physically do it. 

You finally head with Kokichi to his dorm. And you are ready to just fall asleep. 

"You cheated on our bet." Kokichi said immediately. 

"What? No I didn't I figured it out anyway." You tried to argue. 

Kokichi gave you a silly grin, "Nope but you knew from the beginning so it doesn't count!"

"Cmon, Compromise with me on this. Are you saying that you wouldn't have took the opportunity if it was presented to you?" You asked. 

"Hmm... Killing the Ultimate Assassin was pretty smart. Fine, I'll compromise—I'll accept one command. That's it." Kokichi relented. 

You flinched when he said that you killed Maki. "Alright... my one command is... be my friend." 

Ha. Idk if this is the most dumbest idea I've had... or the best one. 

"Friends? Sorry I don't do friends. I'm a Supreme Leader remember?" Kokichi answered. 

You smirked, "Oh so you're saying that being my friend is too much of a difficult task? Wow, I thought the Ultimate Supreme Leader would be able to do stuff like that." 

"Alright, I don't know how much I want to be friends with a murderer though." 

This time you visibly flinched... "Kokichi...I—" 

"No (Y/N), you're supposed to be traumatized by Kaede's execution. Not laughing and making jokes. It's almost as if you have no regards to human life at all." Kokichi continued, "You don't even seem that bothered by it. At the time of the execution you were scared, but you got over it quickly. Too quickly." 

"What are you getting at?" You hesitantly asked. 

"That you're suspicious. You knew about Kaede's plan from the beginning but you never explained how. Not even Shuichi found out and he was with her the whole time." Kokichi muttered. "There's no way you just 'found out the plan', It doesn't make sense." 

Should I just tell him? That I'm from a different world? 

"Kokichi... I found out because I—" Your voice cut off and a black screen appeared in front of your vision. 

D O     N O T     S P E A K

You immediately stopped talking, which caused Kokichi to give you a confused glance. "I can't say." 

"I thought friends were supposed to trust each other." Kokichi responded, "Whatever, you don't seem like the mastermind. I just think that there's something more that you aren't telling me... telling any of us." 

"I'm sorry..." 

Kokichi gave no response to your apology, and he just proceeded to go to bed. You climbed in too and turned your back towards him. 

If I finished the first trial... does this mean I can 'retry' from this point on wards now? I just realized this is my last night in this dorm room... with Kokichi. I'm going to miss this. 

"Kokichi... I'm not the mastermind. I promise you. You don't have to believe me or trust me. But... I just wanted to say that." 

You still didn't get a response from him. With a sigh of resignation, you closed your eyes and drifted to sleep. 

And we're done! Sorry for the delay, holidays and family sort of came in the middle. 

By the way, expect a lot of chapters in this novel, this is gonna be a long one. 

ALSO IMPORTANT! For those of you looking for tons of Kokichi x reader moments and stuff like that... You have a while to wait. While I guarantee there is some elements now, the main stuff will be later! 

I'm mainly focused on the plot aspect rather than the romance one at the moment... my apologies though. 

Anyway! We got a new cover btw! Thanks again to @sinfulsinnie!

Anyway, starting now things are gonna be different from the original, I hope you guys like what I have planned! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.3K 1.9K 20
Maki Harukawa x female reader! This one is quite a bit longer than my other story (which i'm so grateful for all the support, i love seeing people en...
127K 4.5K 46
You didn't like Danganronpa, and you never understand why people liked it so much. But one day, you got pulled into a universe. Well, a *normal*, non...
25.7K 867 38
𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲 ✿*:・゚ 𝘒𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘉𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯...
3.1K 59 22
"I refuse to give up. I refuse to get bored. I refuse to throw it all away. I refuse to despair. Because all I have going for me is the desire to kee...