Dynasty Fulfilled

By DestinyKeianna

Breanna, a struggling twenty-one year old from Louisiana, decides to drop everything and moves to Los Angeles... More

Dynasty Fulfilled
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

700 40 6
By DestinyKeianna

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

F I R S T D A Y

B A C K

It was officially the most boring day of the week, Monday, as I wished it would go by fast today but of course, it wasn't. It was also the week that the company was getting ready to start the callbacks and shoot the movie, Moments of Devotion. I already knew that once I got inside of the building, I would have a folder filled with list of tasks that I would need to complete along with Mr. McKnight throwing out orders for me to do and don't get me started on Leandra breathing down my neck if I messed anything up that she wouldn't hesitate to tell on me for.

"Good morning Lil' bit!" Terrell greeted cheerfully, taking a bottle of water from the fridge.

He seemed to be in a good mood this morning, especially from yesterday as his sister, Toya left the afternoon. It was sad seeing her leave especially since I developed a bond with her and it was even sadder seeing Terrell hug his sister at the airport. I wanted to ask him if he was okay but I had to leave an hour earlier than him today.

"Morning, I got to hurry, see you at work," I waved, quickly leaving out of the door going directly to my car as I inserted my keys into the ignition and drove out of the neighborhood towards Freedream Film Productions.

It took me eight minutes to reach the building, as I parked in my usual parking spot and headed out of the car as I ambled to the front door seeing Leandra sauntering to the door. She glanced at me and scoffed as I inwardly rolled my eyes at her. It was obvious she didn't care for me and the feeling was mutual.

I opened the door, going to the room to clock-in the system as Leandra entered the room. I gave her a fake smile as she returned the favor and I left the room going straight to my desk as I checked out papers that were in the folder. I pulled out the papers that had a sticky note on the front that read: print and went towards the printer. I made sure the printer had ink, putting the copy page in the scanner and typed in the number of papers that I needed to print in for today.

"Morning," A deep, authoritative, and familiar voice uttered. "I hope you're ready to work extra hard today!"

Do I really have a choice?

"Of course," I forced a smile on my face as I stared at my boss, Mr. McKnight carrying his briefcase. "Papers are being printed as we speak."

"Good, send it to my office," He said, walking away from my desk before turning around. "And no coffee today,"

"Why not?" I lifted a brow. It was an everyday thing to make everyone in the production crew a coffee, as it became a routine to me and I enjoyed it, surprisingly. I never tried the coffee that I made but I always got compliments on the way I made it. "If you don't mind me asking, Mr. McKnight?"

"I ordered everyone in the building a coffee," He answered, smiling at me. I took notice that he had dimples, deep dimples at that. "Including Hendricks and you."

"I–I didn't have a problem making everyone a coffee," I stammered a bit, clearing my throat at the way he said you to me.

"You work hard enough, the coffee will be here shortly," He turned his head, going towards the elevator, without turning his head; he added before pressing the button on the elevator. "You're still required to bring it to everyone."

At least, I was still bringing people coffee. I checked on the papers that were still being printed as I heard the buzz come from the door signaling that someone was entering the building. The person continued to walk, meeting up with me at the desk, holding a warm smile on her face. I immediately checked out the bag that the person carried. It was a brown bag with Cocoa Connection Cafè labeled all over it in white wording that I found cute.

"Good Morning," She greeted in a bubbly tone. "I'm Carina Carter, the black owner of Cocoa Connection Cafè."

"Morning," I smiled, reciprocating her energy. "What do you need?"

"I'm here to deliver coffee, bagels, and donuts to the company," She replied, handing me her clipboard for a signature. "I'd also like to give a personal thank Brandon McKnight for ordering from my cafe shop. It's appreciated and I was in utter shock whenever I received the call because we're still new to the industry."

Wow. Mr. McKnight was a helping person.

"That's amazing, I'll have to relay the message for you," I told her, signing the clipboard before hanging it back to her. "He's in his office at the moment, but would you like me to help you bring in the bags?"

"No, that's okay, I have two guys carrying the boxes and drinks," She assured me, glancing down at her bag. "I was also going to give your boss a sneak peek of our next treat."

"How about I, just buzz his office for you?" I said, pressing the button on the phone, reaching Mr. McKnight's office. "Uh...Mr. McKnight, someone of the name Carine Carter who's the owner of Cocoa Connection Cafè has something here for you, would you like me to direct her to your office or?"

"I'll be down," He stated, hanging up the phone.

"He'll be down shortly," I confirmed, putting the phone down.

The two guys that worked for her ambled inside of the building, carrying the boxes and including, two of the computer security guards, holding the coffee trays. It didn't take long for Mr. McKnight to make it down here as I got up from my chair to check on the papers. Since it was done, I added it into the folder as I got ready to hand out the coffee.

"Thank you for ordering from Cocoa Connection Cafè, Mr. McKnight," Carina beamed, handing the bag to him. "Here's a sample of the treat that we're going to be launching real soon, chocolate cinnamon roll cakes."

"It's not a problem, I like to help out other black businesses especially since those were the people that helped me grow into a successful establishment," Mr. McKnight replied, grasping the bag from her. "I'm rooting for the company's success."

I watched them speak for a few minutes before I escorted the workers and security guards into the conference area to sit the treats and coffee down. I thanked them again as they left out of the break room as I grabbed one of the coffee trays and boxes of treats to bring to the second floor to the production crew.

I pressed the button on the elevator, waiting for it to open as I clicked the floor level button and I made my way down the hallway towards the writer's room.

"Breanna!" A voice called.

I turned my head, seeing that it was Raheem.

"Hey, good morning Raheem!"

"Morning, let me help you," He held the door for me to enter the room. I sat the coffee and box of treats in the middle of the table, giving everyone in the room a polite greeting before leaving out of the room. Raheem then followed me out of the room, shutting the door. "You ready for today's chronicles?"

"To be quite honest, I'm not sure..." I admitted. "I know it'll be a lot of stuff to do."

"I'll try to make sure that it's not so tough on you," He winked, opening the door of the writer's room, heading inside.

I pressed the button on the elevator, waiting as I heard footsteps behind me causing me to turn as I noticed it was no one other than the Leandra Hendricks, herself.

"Well well well," She tilted her head. "If I wasn't on to you before, I am now."

I raised a brow waiting to see where she was going with this.

"It's like you're trying to replace me or take my job," She continued, pointing her finger as if she was correct as the elevator doors opened. "Nobody else sees it but I'll make sure they do because you're sneaky."

"I think you're being paranoid," I giggled, stepping into the elevator. "It's not your job that I want, and with that being said, I hope you have a good day, Leandra. Your coffee and treat are in the room too."

Once I made it back to the first floor, I laughed at the fact Leandra thought that I wanted her job. I mean we pretty much did the same thing except she was paid more, had her own office upstairs and had a whistle. So, I didn't want her job, it was way much more that I wanted.

I had to wait to give the people the coffee and treats that worked on the first floor in the many rooms since they weren't here yet. I headed back to my desk, going through the list of tasks that I needed to have done.

"Hey, Breanna!" A familiar voice spoke.

I looked up from my papers, staring at Malik. Malik was a good-looking guy that dressed well and today made it no different.

"Hey, Malik,"

"How was your weekend, Instagram star?" He joked, drumming his fingers on my desk.

"Akikiki," I faked a laugh, "It was fun, how was yours?"

"Not so fun since you weren't there," He licked over his lips. "It seemed like you had a lot of plans, and didn't think to add me in any of them."

"Are you serious?" I asked, scanning his face before I whispered. "I didn't make the plans, but if you want to do anything this weekend, set it up and I'll go..."

"Aight, well enjoy the rest of your day, beautiful!" He flashed a smile in my direction, going to the clock-in room.

I fought the urge to smile, as I found him to be an interesting character.

"Who got ya' smiling that, shawty?" Terrell questioned, walking up to my desk. "You rushed out of the house before I could even tell you that you look and smell good."

"I'm sorry Terry, had to show up here early," I apologized, getting up from my desk to hug him. "But thanks, I have to get back to work."

Soon, everyone showed up as I gave everyone in the building a coffee and treat then I took one for myself. I wasn't much of a coffee person but the coffee that Carina's company made was good. I sipped on it as I typed up a brand new calendar with all of the dates, pickups, and returns that I needed to have down throughout the week.

The next tasks that I had to do were answering calls, filling out paperwork and more data entry. I had to also make sure the vendors and locations that had the equipment were coming, organize files and photocopying. Then, I moved on to supply runs that took me a while to do, grab lunch from the place Mr. McKnight wanted and maintain the acting area all over again.

As the day progressed, it was time for the callbacks to begin. I viewed the actors and actresses that were called back and I was not surprised that they were brought back in for today. Instead of them doing the callbacks in the auditions room, they were sent to the film studios' room which was on the first floor that was in the many rooms. It was one of the biggest rooms I've seen at the building, with a stage in the center of the room.

As the assistant, I was instructed to set up the refreshments table for the actors and actresses along with stick around for more orders as told by Mr. McKnight. So, I waited in the background checking out everything.

All of the people that were in the previous auditions were in the room, as Mrs. Angelina Terry, the screenplay writer added two more casting directors aside from herself. After Mr. McKnight instructed the reasoning for the actors and actresses being called for callbacks, he began to pair them up together.

"Amber Stevenson and Kingston Wiggins will start," Mrs. Terry announced. "As they're going to read the lines of Denise Chambers and Marc Thompson."

Both Amber and Kingston seemed confident, holding their sides in their hands yet not looking at it.

"Start from line forty-two, page twenty-nine." Mr. McKnight instructed them.

I quickly changed my page to the exact number as they began to start.

"Marc!" Amber started her role as Denise, calling Marc. She spotted Marc in the neighborhood park, jogging so she decided to talk to them. "Marc Thompson, I know you heard me calling you."

Kingston turned around, glancing at her from head to toe in his role as Marc. "Oh wow...Hey Denise, it's been a while..."

"Yes, it has..." Becoming her character, Denise, Amber studied him for a while. Her brown eyes showed curiosity and her head tilted as he spoke. Grabbing hold of his hand, her cheeks reddened as she began to rub over his hand. The way she eyed him showed that she was still attracted to him and that her love for him had never left. Batting her eyelashes, she looked down when they caught eyes. "I just wanted to say that I...hey, but you seem preoccupied right about now."

"I know that's not why you called me, Denise Marie Chambers, I know you..." Kingston read as the voice of Marc, crossing his arms. He looked her up and down as his heart seemed to flutter as he eyed her. A smile crossed his face, as he stared at the woman he tried so hard to get over. "I missed you, Denise. I thought from me leaving you alone would help me, us from heartbreak but it didn't. You can't escape my mind, thoughts or memories."

"Marc," Amber cleared her throat, trying not to think of bad thoughts as she watched sweat drizzle down his body. He was blessed most definitely and he knew it too. "Can we go somewhere and talk? Let's clear everything on the table..."

"Sure, swing by my place before we go," Kingston told her, getting ready to finish his miles on the track. He began to jog in place, turning his head to talk to Amber with a smirk. "You never told me if you missed me..."

"I missed you," Amber blushed as Denise, giggling shortly afterward. She studied him again, wondering if she should come out and say what was on her mind. It was sitting heavy on her heart from the last moment he left her after she broke down. She had a battle with herself. Amber sighed, turning around to leave to only get turned around by Kingston. "This is hard..."

"Just tell me you love me," Kingston grabbed hold of her hands, staring down at Amber into her eyes as he caressed her cheek. Amber as Denise shyly responded to his touch, letting him feel on her arm. "Look into my eyes, Denise and tell me that you love me. I can't leave you again, it'll hurt me even more."

"Okay..." Amber let out a deep breath, fully exploring the depth of Denise's character. She grabbed his hand, staring deeply into his eyes as a smile appeared on her face. "Marc Thompson, the truth is, I've always loved you. I've always wanted to be with you. I got scared comparing us to our friends and thinking it'll be our relationship but it took a toll on me. You made me feel better every day, you were my king, my best friend, and I tried hard to get over you knowing that you were the missing piece in my life..."

Amber continued, grasping Kingston's face as he seemed a bit stiff to her touch from his body language but it didn't react on his face as she leaned in, placing a kiss on his lips. It lasted for a few minutes as Amber took control, yet remained soft in her portrayal of Denise.

As they pulled away, I was in awe.

Amber deserved the role of Denise Chambers, hell, she was Denise Chambers. Luckily, the other actors and actresses weren't watching because I'm completely sure that they would feel a particular way.

"Well," Mr. McKnight uttered, clearing his throat. His eyes wandered around the room until he stopped on me. "Davidson, call in pair number two...thank you Stevenson and Wiggins."

I nodded my head, following his instructions as the actors and their agents followed behind me out of the room.

"Wow, no joke, you were really good!" Kingston told Amber. "If they didn't see it, I don't know who else could play the part of Denise."

He wasn't lying.

"Thank you, you were really good to work with as well," Amber responded, hugging him. "I enjoyed it and working with you."

I agreed that Kingston was good but enough to play Marc? I don't know, he seemed a bit stiff and hesitant in the kissing scene but who was I? I was only an assistant.

"Well can you both sign the sheet before you go into the waiting area?" I spoke, holding the clipboard in my hand. "Thank you."

Both signed the sheet, heading into the waiting area as I was sent back into the room. This time it was Laylah Shelton and Bryan Washington playing the role of Denise and Marc. They were asked to read the same lines that Amber and Kingston did, I guess comparing the way they portrayed the characters in their way.

"Marc, Marc Thompson!" Laylah screamed in the tone of Denise. She caught up with Marc, latching her arms into his. "I know you heard me calling you..."

"Oh wow," Bryan started speaking in the tone of Marc but making it his own. He stopped jogging, turning around completely as he stared down at Denise. "Hey...Denise Marie Chambers, long time no see..."

"Yeah it has been a while," Laylah in the role of Denise replied. Laylah stared at Bryan in awe as if he was still the most handsome guy she's ever met. In her eyes, he still had the same effect on her and by the way, her heart was beating, it was clear her love for him never changed. "I just wanted to say uh...hey, but you're preoccupied right now so, I'll go."

"Now, I know that's not why you stopped me," Bryan voiced as Marc. He stared at the woman standing before him with a grin so wide, giving her his undivided attention. He held eye contact with her, showing his interest for her as he began to grasp for her hand, just for him to touch her. He missed her touch and her energy that made him whole. "You forgot that I know you, huh Denise Marie Chambers? I thought leaving you alone would work for us and my feelings but the truth is, I failed. I missed you, Denise...You couldn't escape my thoughts, dreams, mind or even my daydreams as I continued to imagine myself with you."

I was amazed that Bryan took the script and made it of his own as he added more than what was on the script.

"Marc," Laylah shyly uttered. She seemed surprised as well by Bryan's audition for the role of Marc. But she quickly recovered. She bit her bottom lip, before giggling afterward. "Can we go somewhere and talk?"

"Sure," His entire face lit up, as he grabbed her hand. "after I finish this last lap, you could swing by my place..."

As she nodded getting ready to leave, he twirled her back towards him.

"Wait, you never told me that you missed me..." He eyed her, exploring deep into laughter his portrayal of Marc as he rubbed her knuckles in a circular motion.

"I missed you," Laylah continued the role of Denise. She playfully rolled her eyes at his facial expressions as she wondered if she why she couldn't say whatever was what she was thinking. "It's hard..."

"Just tell me you love me," Bryan said as Marc, caressing her face. "Please Denise, just tell me those important three words. Tell me how you feel about me as I've already poured my heart into you. I can't leave you again without hearing that."

"Okay..." Laylah gulped in the tone of Denise. She stared into his eyes, as she had to let out everything heavy on her mind. She took both of his hands, as the script was in her arms as she grinned brightly. Slowing exhaling, she continued. "I missed you, Marc Thompson. It was hard being away from you whenever you left as it seemed to tear me down inside. I knew the day that I fell in love with you was when you left, and I was too afraid to go after you then. You make me feel better every day. You not only love me, but you also support me, you care for me. You're more than just my best friend."

Bryan initiated the kiss, as it lasted a bit. As they finished the scene, I knew the new matches that were going to work together.

"Well...Davidson," Mr. McKnight called. "Send in Lorelei Richmond and Nolan Browning."

I shook my head, leaving out of the room. A few minutes later, Laylah and Bryan left the room along with their agents—both actors seemed satisfied with their audition which I would agree with.

I couldn't wait for what Mr. McKnight and the production crew would decide as I knew that it was going to be hard to choose the main cast.

.

.

.

Once the callback auditions were over, there was a heavy discussion going on in the movie studio. It seemed to be going on for hours as I heard it from my spot at the desk. I continued checking off my tasks that I completed then glared at the clock. It was almost time for me to get off, as I found this Monday to be overly-busy. I packed up my things, getting up from my desk as Leandra ambled out of the room carrying her things.

She didn't look at me once as I figured she still believed that I wanted her job. I laughed lightly to myself as I heard the walkie-talkie go off. I frowned, going back to the desk to grab it and press down on the button.

"Davidson?" Mr. McKnight named.

"Yes?"

"Come into the movie studio we have questions to ask you." He affirmed.

"Okay..."

I sat my things on the desk, going towards the movie studio as the door was opened so I walked inside and saw everyone still seated.

"Ms. Davidson, were you watching the auditions?" Mrs. Terry asked.

"Uh...yes, I was."

"Good, we seem to have a hard time selecting our actress for our main character, Denise Chambers." She replied. "And since you were watching the auditions, here's where you come in...we're thinking about choosing either Laylah Shelton or Amber Stevenson? Both talented actresses brought so much light and creativity to my character, Denise Chambers as to why we can't decide who would be best for the role."

"So you're all choosing me to decide the best actress for Denise Chambers?" I repeated. I was astounded that they were asking me this instead of Lean— wait, maybe that was why she didn't tell me anything.

"Yeah, Raheem here," Mr. McKnight pointed at him. "Says that you would be the best person to ask about selecting the actress for our movie."

Wow. I immediately looked at Raheem who nodded his head.

"Well... I enjoyed both performances the actresses gave," I told them. "Laylah portrayed Denise in a way of talent, beauty, growth, style, ambition, and playful as Amber portrayed her in a way of fulfillment, style, beauty, talent, influence, and aspiration—so both actresses show the character's talent, beauty, and style but you have to look at the overall quality of the character, Denise Chambers' purpose and what makes her unique and her personality, that's all I can say..."

"Thank you, Ms. Davidson, that was exactly what we needed to hear!" Mrs. Terry exclaimed.

"I'm glad that I was happy to help." I beamed, leaving the room to clock out.

The fact that Raheem told Mr. McKnight and the production crew, that I was the right person to ask for in regards to choosing the best actress for the main character, Denise Chambers, felt honoring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 860 17
TW This story has mature themes, anxiety, depression, traumas, angst and violence 4 Zindagiyan hai ek duje se anjan, Kya inke rishte ko kabhi mil p...
758K 17.9K 23
Katrina a young girl who lives in the low class area of California, has been judged all her life she been hurt broken and everyone calls her the fat...
773 99 66
After Alyana suffered a horrific car accident, it resulted her into becoming wheelchair bound. Alyana goal was to try to survive this life of hers b...