bryles one shots β™‘

By mylessite-

just a girl with a lot of time on her hands πŸ’€ More

hiii
falling in love

new years kiss

659 15 14
By mylessite-

this is my first one shot, i aPOLOGIZE i know it's gonna be bad but it's bryles so you will probably read it anyway GSJSHS also i know it isn't the new year yET but it's soft bryles so i'm posting it now okay bye

-

briar.
it was january 31st, 2014. i was 16 years old and  ready to party. every year jessy hosts a party at her house, it's always sooo much fun, so i can hardly wait.

this year is different though.. my new best friend myles is going and i'm sooo excited. he's honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me. we're literally inseparable but it's been too long since the last time i seen him so.. i'm excited that i get to see him tonight.

it was around 6:00, the party started at 7 so it left me an hour to get ready. i was annoyed that it was only an hour but it's fine i'll manage. i put on some light makeup then started to curl my hair, myles always loved my hair in curls. i also picked out this really pretty black and red dress to wear tonight.

it wasn't like a party girl dress but it definitely was beautiful. i put it on and gave myself some final touches like lipgloss, perfume, all that stuff then i was finally ready to go. just in time too, the party starts in a few minutes. i grabbed my bag and made my way out the door.

myles.
"so, are you finally going to ask her out tonight?" devon asked, laughing.

i looked at him, confusedly, "who?"

"dumbass," he continued to laugh, "briar!" he exclaimed causing my face to turn bright red with embarrassment.

we went to jessy's party a little early to set up, now we're all just sitting around, hanging out.. then devon decides to basically tell jessy that i like her best friend! he's an idiot.

"woah myles you like briar?" she giggled.

i hung my head with embarrassment, "i don't."

they both laughed, jessy said, "it's okay mylooo. it's cute. briar likes you too. i think."

"she does?" i looked at her as she nodded in response, "holy shit."

"i could be wrong but the way she looks at you probably doesn't lie," she smiled a little.

i smiled to myself. maybe i would ask her out. i have liked her for so long.. maybe today would be the day she turns into my girlfriend. well i guess she wouldn't turn into anything, her title would just- you know what it doesn't matter.

"if you're asking her out though you need a serious makeover. you look terrible," she got up.

"oh?" i laughed.

she started upstairs, "you can borrow my brothers things."

devon and i waited downstairs for a while, finally after what felt like forever she came back. she handed me a white button up shirt, black dress pants and some hair gel.

i held it up and looked at her, "what's this for? i just showered you want me to add gunk to my hair?"

she laughed, "oh poor myles. here, you go get changed and let me worry about your hair," she grabbed the gel from me whilst i raised an eyebrow at her.

eventually i got up and went into the bathroom and got changed into the outfit. it was a little big but i think i looked pretty great. i don't dress up that often so i do look a little weird. i made my way out of the bathroom, jessy and devon box fixing their attention onto me as i got over to them. devon let out a small laugh as jessy frowned.

"let me help you m," she went over to me, unbuttoned the first few buttons on the shirt then tucked it into my pants, "there. that's a million times better," she chuckled then squirted some gel onto her hand.

"please don't mess up my hair, it's all i have going for me," i backed up a little causing them both to laugh.

"it's okay myles it'll wash out," she took a step closer and started doing my hair.

i can't express to you how scared that made me.

briar.
after being about ten minutes late, my sister abbey and i made our way up to jessy's door. she gently knocked on it then we were soon greeted by jessy.

"ah!" she hugged us both.

"happy almost new year!" i giggled.

she smiled, moving out of the way for us both to come inside.

i looked around, the whole house was packed. there were so many more people than usual, it was weird.

"where's myles and dev?" i asked.

"in the living room on the couch," she made her way upstairs, abbey following her as i laughed a little.

i went into the living room and found who i was looking for obviously, myles and devon. although.. myles looked different? he had his hair slicked back and was wearing an unbuttoned dressed shirt, was he trying to dress up as a man today.

i laughed to myself, "hey boys."

myles looked at me up and down which i'm assuming is what caused the sweet smile to appear on his face. he got up and gave me the biggest hug ever. i, of course, returned the favour as well. he gives the best hugs.

"b you look beautiful," he smiled as my cheeks started to turn bright red, he chuckled at the actions.

"you look pretty great too. i guess. it looks like you're trying to dress up as my dad," i laughed, his face now turning bright red.

"i told jessy i didn't think it was a good idea. i should go change."

"no, it's okay, let's just enjoy the party," i smiled.

he smiled, sitting down while he grabbed my hand and gently pulled me onto his lap.

"hey briar, how are you?" devon smiled at me.

"i'm fantastic," i flashed him a sweet smile as he chuckled.

"because of where you're sitting?" he asked.

i gave him a look, "no. i'm just happy," i shook it off then turned to myles, "so what are we doing?"

"right now some people are going to start doing karaoke and before you ask, no i'm not singing high school musical with you," he laughed.

"please myles! come on you know troy and gabriella met at a new year's eve party! we have to," i begged.

"i told you no lil bbbbbb," he continued to laugh.

we playfully argued about it for a few minutes until finally..

myles.
i gave in. there i was, singing troy bolton's part in, 'the start of something new,' the shit i do for briar.

i know that something has changed
never felt this way and right here tonight
this could be the start of something new
it feels so right to be here with you (oh)
and now looking in your eyes
i feel in my heartttt
the start of something new

we sang in unison, our eyes locked as we sing each and every word.. it was honestly the perfect chance for me to ask her out. you could definitely feel the love and energy between us.

the vibe was honestly perfect.. but i wasn't.

once we finished she said into the mic, "thank you myles for taking one for the team," she giggled. she was so adorable.

"anything for my b," i smiled at her. we both set our microphones down and made our way back to the seat. she sat back on my lap again whilst we talked the night away.

this was probably the most we've ever talked at once, it was unusual but i loved it. i thought i knew briar better than anyone but it turns out that she has a lot more secrets underneath, that she doesn't tell anyone.. i'm glad she opened up and told me though.

tonight just was a more and more of a reinsurance that i liked her and that i wanted to be with her. it was clear as day, especially as i watched her beautiful eyes sparkle in the moonlight. we are now outside because the countdown is about to start in a few minutes.

she started shivering, once i noticed i quickly wrapped my arms around her. she looked up at me and smiled, "thank you."

"you're welcome.. you know tonight i've been meaning to ask you something.." i started, looking down into her eyes.

"you want me to be your new years kiss right? i thought that was obvious," she laughed a little. and of course me, obviously nervous in the situation i just went a long with it.

"yeah. i was going to ask you that.. totally.." i said trying to act normal, "so you will be?"

she nodded in response while i smiled to myself. this wouldn't be the first time b and i kissed, but i was determined to make this one more special than the other two times we kissed. this was going to be the best kiss she her had whether she liked it or not.. but i hope she'll like it.

"ten!" everyone shouted.

"wow it's that time already?" she laughed nervously as i nodded.

briar.
"five!"

myles is my new years kiss, i haven't had time to process anything yet but it's literally happening now!

"three!"

"two!"

here we go, myles placed his hand on my waist turning me around to face him.

"one!" everyone shouted as he quickly pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

my hand slowly moved up to his cheek as our lips danced together in what felt like the best kiss i had ever gotten.

"happy new year!" everyone yelled, hugging each other.

we kissed for another moment, then myles slowly pulled away and whispered into my ear, "happy new year b. this year is ours," he smiled as i pulled him into a tight hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 5.2K 155
Just a girl who has nothing to do.... *Request are now closed*
57.2K 1.5K 23
BeyoncΓ© oneshots because I can't commit to books :) Leave requests :)
3.3K 138 18
Watch out for Brendon...
36.2K 563 10
Tales of Bryles! New one shot for each chapter! ~ I did a Nochelle one shots book, why not a Bryles? *Slow updates*