THE MULTIVERSAL CRIMINAL

By STRILON

A girl with secrets. Secrets on which the very fabric of space and time are threatened of their existence. "W... More

Copyright Notice + Awards + Covers
Prologue: Rays Of Fire
Cast and Bios!
Chapter 1: The Distress Call
New Character Spotted! #1
Chapter 2: The Heist
New Characters Spotted! #2
Chapter 3: A Wretched World
New Character Spotted! #3
Chapter 4: The Crime
New Characters Spotted! #4
Chapter 5: The Galactic Black Market
New Characters Spotted #5
Chapter 6: Travelling To The Unknown
New Characters Spotted! #6
Chapter 7: Observance
New Character Spotted! #7
Chapter 8: The Blue Dolphins
New Character Spotted! #8
Chapter 9: Reconstruction
Chapter 10: Filling Up
Chapter 11: In Pursuit
Chapter 12: Interrogation
Chapter 13: Planning And Contemplation
Chapter 14: Energy Burst
New Characters Spotted! #9
Chapter 15: Meeting The Gods
Chapter 16: Descent
Chapter 17: Surveillance And Retrieval
Chapter 18: Transcendence
New Character Spotted! #10
Chapter 19: Awakening
Chapter 20: Accepting Afterlife
Chapter 21: Research And Adaptation
Chapter 22: Exploration: Part 1
New Character Spotted! #11
Chapter 22: Exploration Part 2
New Character Spotted! #12
Chapter 24: Vengeance
Chapter 25: Hoax And Dreams
Chapter 26: Search For The Key
New Character Spotted! #13
Chapter 27: The Union
New Characters Spotted! #14
Chapter 28: Retracing To Oblivion: Part 1
New Character Spotted! #15
Chapter 28: Retracing To Oblivion: Part 2
Chapter 29: Unleashing The Contained
Chapter 30: Ascend, Approach And Dissapear
Chapter 31: Encounter: Part 1
New Character Spotted! #16
Chapter 31: Encounter: Part 2
Chapter 32: Battle For The Multiverse: Part 1
Chapter 32: Battle For The Multiverse: Part 2
Chapter 33: Escape
Chapter 34: The Final Battle
Chapter 35: The Symbiotic World: Part 1
Chapter 35: The Symbiotic World: Part 2
Chapter 36: Mitosis
Chapter 37: What It Means To Be Home
New Character Spotted! #17
Chapter 38: The Puppeteer
Epilogue: Keeping Your Word
Acknowledgments

Chapter 23: Dependence

137 23 149
By STRILON

Sitting on the bed, and clasping her father's hands, Radhika listened to him. He spoke of a great venture to an unknown place. A mission of great potential. A planet dammed by the Gods themselves. A woman seeking to revive her home. It awed her how much she had been missed from his life. How much more she could have done, had she not perished.

She heard him. She heard it all. Some facts baffled her, yet she maintained her normality.

And then she was caught off guard.

"I need you to come with me. I request you to bring your comrades along. We really need some hands if we are going to survive this thing. And-" he looked deep in her eyes, "It would give me strength of I find my daughter alongside me. It's not the reason I came to you. Hell! I just wanted to see you so bad! But while walking along with you outside, I came to realise how big a lead we could get if only you all helped us. It's impossible to evade such a powerful enemy without an army, and though it's nothing even close to a real one. Diminutive even, but still- it's better than having nothing. And perhaps Saaret could help us further. We'll see."

With the same sweetness of the girl that once laughed and played in Sanduo's lap, she said, "Baba, we are always there to fight off evil. And it's an honour that we are being given a chance even in Afterlife. And if it brings the Multiverse out of trouble, it's our responsibility," she smiled. "Now introduce me to your crew." Her jubilation was heart warming.

He caressed the side of her face. "Of course, sweetie. Follow me." She giggled behind, as she got up.

Saaret was waiting outside the apartment. They joined him and Saaret guided them back to the portal.

Now slowly, the habitations were receding in the distance. And as far as Radhika could see, red stretched to infinity. She had come here a few times. She had met her relatives who were lucky enough to have long expiry times. Saaret had made her known of hers. She liked not to think about it.

Instead, with a brightened demeanor, she conversed with Saaret. Sometimes talking was necessary. Uplifting even. "Saaret, I am so happy to see him! All this time, I wanted him so badly. But I knew Life forbid us to meet. And I didn't want him to lose his life. But, as it turns out, I do get the chance! I thank my fortune."

"I know ma'am," Saaret began without looking back, "you'd like his little crew too. They all are of the same age as yours. They make their habitat abuzz with the cacophony of their little jokes and playful manners. It's euphoric there. Though your father was an exception," he glanced at Sanduo momentarily, "I guess it wouldn't be that way now that he has found you. Had it been normal like the others I have guided over the eons, I would say that it would have saddened me to see them all break down and turn gloomy once they actually grasped that they were detached from their home world and that there is no way of return. But, thankfully that isn't the case."

A gentle breeze went past them.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm afraid I can't say anymore. Time forbids me for it chooses to be the main speaker sometimes. You'll have to wait and see."

Having said that he went ahead of both of them by nearly a metre and a half and maintained the distance.

"There are many answers which we have yet to find out," Sanduo said to his daughter. Then he flicked a smile. "Don't let that bother you."

They entered the portal soon after.

The IMG stared in awe at the new arrival.

"This is my daughter, Radhika." Sanduo happily introduced her to them.

Markus whispered to Jayden's ear, "Damn, she's hot!"

He whispered back, "Never be the nitwit to say that to her straight if you don't want your ass to be whooped."

"Yeah, I should definitely keep quiet."

Sierra ran to her and held her hands, "Hey there! I'm Sierra. Nice to meet ya!"

"Nice meeting you, Sierra." She was hurt to see so young a girl there. But she didn't say anything.

"Lily."

Radhika looked up to see Lily flashing a smile and waving her hand.

Like that, the IMG befriended the new recruit and acquainted themselves with the other twenty.

The desolated monastery was now filled with life. The chefs observed them all as they cooked their meals. Noon was nearing.

The group sat on tree trunks that magically grew wherever they began to sit. The wood was greyish in colour, unlike any they had seen before.

Each was provided with a cup of tea.

"Well, thank you Radhika. Were it not for you, our chances would have been drastically low. But now, I think we can give him a fight!" Sharlotte put her hand on Radhika's shoulder.

Moving a strand of her hair aside, Radhika replied, "My friends are loyal soldiers, as I am. We never back down. We won't even here. If we are needed. We will be there. I have seen my world getting destroyed. I won't let that happen again if I am given the chance."

"I really admire that." Sharlotte nodded. She looked at the captain. He was no longer gloomy. Even after death, he was happy. It seemed Radhika was audacious enough to help her in each step and having her around, Sir Sanduo had got the confidence and determination back that he had lost when she was taken away from him. If the captain was well, he would deliver better orders and co-ordinate the group in the best possible way. This immolation wasn't a waste after all then. This new team will give to us renewed strength. And now, we are really in this altogether! May this unfold as prophesied. Sharlotte was now relieved from the inside.

And now begins our true mission. She stood up. "Listen up folks! It's time to work."

Footsteps echoed through the aristocratic corridor as Saaret brought the Book of Gods. He was not forced. He knew what was destined.

The iron table was massive. He rested it on it with a thud. Unlike other objects in Afterlife that were as light as a feather, the book carried weight.

"For the key, you've already read. You must travel to Drelary to find more. There is a reason for everything y'know? When Gods can open anything, why do they need to lock it up? Why do we need a key? Well, many eons ago, there were beings who worked for the Gods. Only they were authorised to handle the books. They are no more. So, why should the key be? It was thus, thrown way. Lost. But intentionally."

Sierra looked at him. She just stared...

"Well, kiddo, I have been around for quite a while. He he. I know a lot." Saaret backed off and sat down.

"That's very impressive how you've preserved all this knowledge. Must be a lot," Lily remarked.

"It's an awful lot! Thanks to heavens, I've been bestowed with the quality of unlimited memory. It's not possible for any being otherwise. In a way you could say, I am rewired by the Gods to perform the tasks they intend me on doing."

After a while Lily started again, "So, Sharlotte? Tell us the plan. I hope you've got one."

"Well, I don't have it yet. It all depends if Juvo has the key or not. Our goal is to hand him over to the Gods. Another thing I think I need to state is that this mission is very much dependent on Radhika and her team. Know that we need you!" She smiled at the lot."

"We are always ready!" said one from the back.

"Yes we are," Radhika backed him up. Her smile was like a pearl necklace.

"We first go to Drelary, search for the key. By the looks of it, it's cylindrical," she pointed at the top of the book. It was indented as a vertical cylinder and not like a keyhole.

"There can be two possibilities. One, that he has already got the key. But that's unlikely as he should've then done something devastating. He isn't the person to sit and do nothing. He just needs to find the book, and it is available on any planet. He must have destroyed something at least, like a universe or made preparations for it. The latter could be the case so we can't be sure. The other possibility is that he awaits others to find the key for him. Like, he is waiting for us to find the key so that he could snatch it away. There must be some riddles then, like the movies show," Sharlotte finished.

"So there's nothing we can do if he already has the key?" Sanduo asked.

"We can track him. Saaret will know where he is. Right?"

"Actually, no."

"What do you mean?" Radhika's voice quivered with confusion.

"To the contrary to you all, he is different."

"Okay. And how so?" Markus arched his eyebrows.

Saaret simply looked at him. "He, is not dead."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 340 18
Set in 2023 on a parallel universe, fifteen patients in a drug experiment research facility have no choice but to fight against a mutated version of...
169K 8.9K 60
Callista Genovese never wanted to be part of the family business. She enjoyed the anonymity of being a teacher in a land where she was not the killer...
1K 406 143
No one ever knows the whole story... Nestled deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, something is emerging. Kept in absolute secrecy, it seeps...
35.1K 3.2K 28
Unjustly accused of murder, the Demon of Wrath joins forces with the Archangel of Justice to find the true culprit. ____ Sannarah lives from one dead...