The King's Rejected Lady

By IceFontana18

Talia grew up without trusting anyone but herself to live. With no father figure to look up to and a clinical... More

Copyright
Author's Note
Waking Up Inside A TV Series!
Thorny Crown's Trashy Plot
Let The Game Of Chess Begin!
The Plot In My Palms
The Royal Villainess
My Chosen King
Rum Or Spinach?
Feigning Innocence Is My Cup Of Tea
The Elysian Crown
Trifecta Academy's Invitation
The Original Victoria's Sorrow
Let The Show Begin!
The Incompetent Father
Side Characters Will Rock This Series!
Trifecta Academy's Examination
Returning The Favor Tenfold
Have You Ever Thought Of The Future?
Mia's Fall
Destroying Marquis Zoliel
The Sly Second Prince
Face-slapping Sabina
To The Queen's Lair
Victoria's Birthday Banquet
The Dormitory
Severed Fates
Accidentally Seduced An Obsessive Prince?!
The Ming Country's Prince
The Changing Plot
The Original Villain
Alice & Yei Lin
Venomous Victoria
Era Of Villains
Sabina's Loving Father
Only Death Can Stop Us Now
Tori Behind Prison Cells
Fearless Victoria
The Lady In Black
War Of Evidence
Battle Of Schemes
You Remembered?
Hidden Feelings
Woven Web Of Conspiracies
The Greatest Scandal
I Am Your Hero Yet You Treat Me As The Villain
I Am Now Standing Steps Higher Than You
So Beg
I Love Being A Villainess
You Are Just A Man
Pitiful Victoria, Vengeful Tori
House Larat's Traitor
A Double-edged Alliance
Tessa's Intention
Talia's Past
The Betrayal Of Her Body
A Villainess In Heat
Breaking Marchioness Susana
Tori's Tears
The Point Of No Return
The Rogue Chieftain
The Deadly Deal With The Barbarians
Tori In The North
The She-devil In Her
The Smell OF The First War
Kiss Of Goodbye
Upside Down
What Are You Doing?
WEBTOON ADAPTATION POSTED!

What Are You Afraid Of?

65.6K 2.2K 76
By IceFontana18

TORI STOOD up to hug Sabina, who was still standing. Her face screamed that this was the last place she wanted to be. She was rigid and felt cold when Tori hugged her, which made the latter one grin wider. Tori was savoring every moment as Sabina squirmed before her.

"What are you afraid of, dearest sister?" Tori whispered to Sabina, which made the latter one flinch. Secretly smirking, Tori offered a seat to Sabina before going back to her seat, which again earned Tori 'the good sister' award in front of everyone.

As the head of the family, the Duke would traditionally start eating and the rest of the family would follow. That was the reason Sabina, Mia, and Shena was all fidgeting.

You didn't think that things would go wrong, huh?

Tori's smiling gaze met the eyes of the three like she was mocking them and she intended to mock them. Just when the Duke was about to get a slice of fruit, Butler Johanes came in together with the chef. The latter one was bringing a dish.

The last piece of the props finally arrived.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Your Grace. This is the dish that Lady Sabina asked me to make for this meal to celebrate Lady Tori's invitation. It was a bit rush, but I made this with my best efforts."

Sabina's alleged effort to make amends for her sister moved the servants after rejecting her. Even the Duke was pleased, so pleased that the flustered Sabina couldn't even deny the chef. The poor wench was sweating, but it was really weird how no one noticed except those who knew why.

Come on, father, say it. Say the words.

Tori's father glanced at her. "Since they made this for Victoria. She will have the first bite of this dish."

A wave of delight passed over Tori's face as she excitedly clapped before slicing the fish from the newly arrived dish. "Thank you so much for your gift, dearest sister! I will gladly savor it since you gave this with the best intentions for me." She delicately ate the fish together with some spinach. Best intentions, my ass.

This dish was Tori's doing. She made Lily place a parchment in the kitchen for the chef to see under the name of Sabina. Tori knew by watching the five seasons of Thorny Crown that Victoria Rozenreff had a severe allergy to spinach, so she deliberately wrote on the parchment to add some special spinach to the dish. They only knew this information from Lily and Victoria in the story, so the Duke couldn't know. I only discovered this during Season 2.

Tori already let Lily prepare the medicine for her allergy for safekeeping, although Lily was reluctant about it at first.

"It is so delicious. Thank you, sister."

A forced smile graced Sabina's face, "It is always my pleasure. I may not be with you during your entrance exam, but I hope this food will help." Her sweet voice didn't give any indications that deep down she was faltering.

Ah, there are the words. Checkmate, dearest sister.

Tori secretly observed Sabina, and she wanted to laugh as Sabina's eyes were so unfocused. She was like an animal trapped in a corner with no way out.

You're probably both relieved and annoyed, huh, dear sister? Relieved that you won't get to eat any of these poisoned foods and annoyed that your plan failed. But I am not contented with just you feeling annoyed, never. I want you to lash out, sister.

The newly arrived dish became the center of attention. Though the other foods weren't set aside, the Duke and Sabina chose to eat the same dish that Tori was eating. There was a comfortable silence as the three ate like a happy family, which made Tori internally groan. Tori's only entertainment in the boring breakfast was the ghastly sight of Shena and Mia, who were deathly pale and scared every time the Duke took his bite.

As minutes passed, Tori could feel the itchy and choking feeling. Her limbs were becoming hot and she could hardly breathe. Tori knew it would usually take five to ten minutes before the allergic reactions appear visibly. By now, Tori knew that red marks on her skin alerted everyone in the room, especially when she started coughing.

"Victoria!" The Duke's voice boomed inside the room, but for Tori who collapsed on the floor, it sounded so far.

"Lady Victoria!"

"Sister!"

"Get the doctor!"

"Yes, your grace!"

"Have some water, Lady Tori."

"Give her room to breathe!"

"Move!"

Chaos ensued around her as her father carried Tori to her bed. Lily rushed to let her drink some water, but mixed in that particular water was a medicine for the allergy prepared by Tori herself.

She was losing consciousness, but she could still hear the faint conversation around her.

"No one touched the table! I will turn this estate upside down should anyone attempt to poison Victoria. Johanes, bring me the captain of the knights! No one leaves this room!"

The thundering voice of the Duke shook the room. Tori wanted to open her eyes and watch Sabina's face together with her minions with a wide sadistic grin. Sabina was now in a tough position. After all, Sabina openly admitted that the only food Tori ate was from her orders. Should the doctors find out about her allergic reactions, Sabina would become the culprit.

But you can still find your way out of this, dearest sister. All you have to do is tell them you did this without knowing of my allergy and that you did this to save me from Mia's attempt to poison me. All you have to do is abandon them and use that poisoned food to dispose of your spy.

With the medicine that Tori drank, her allergy only subsided, but the ensuing fever and red spots were still there. She didn't lose consciousness as she intended. Her body felt weak, but she was wide awake behind her closed eyelids, secretly enjoying the surrounding distress.

Is this how you felt when you cornered the original Victoria, dearest Sabina? I admit I might get addicted to this feeling for you. After all, your suffering is my aphrodisiac.

Johanes and Teresa came and went into the room as warm, enormous hands enveloped Tori's right hand. She knew it was the Duke. The concept of having a father was both a stranger to Tori and the original Victoria since in her past life; she was only raised by her warm mother. But now, the supposed to be the distant father of Victoria Rozenreff turned into a doting father after a few months.

"The doctor is here, Your Grace."

Oddly, Tori missed the warm, enormous hands when they moved away. The lingering affection of this body for her family would be a problem in the future, huh?

"I will check the young miss now, Your Grace." An old gentle voice of a man spoke. What a befitting voice of a doctor. I bet he's a bald one too, with white hair and glasses.

"Go ahead."

The doctor checked Tori's body, and it was so hard for Tori to avoid squirming when the doctor was poking and prodding her body.

Even pretending to be asleep is so damn hard. Can't you just tell with the red spots that I had a severe allergic reaction that almost killed me? Jesus!

The room was eerily silent.

How I wish I can see your face, dearest sister. Your uncomfortable face will be the salvation of this boredom that is killing me. Can someone please entertain me?

When the doctor stopped all of his ceremonies with Tori's body, he finally addressed the situation that happened to Tori.

"It is fortunate that the severe allergic reaction subsided a little already when I gave Lady Victoria the medicine for her allergy. I believed she had an intake to a portion of food that she's allergic to."

Instead of answering, the Duke called Sabina and the chef with a deadly voice. Ooh, someone's in trouble.

"I- I swear I didn't know! I didn't know that she's allergic to fish!" The wench's panicked voice was like music to Tori's ears. That's the entertainment that I'm talking about. Keep it going, father and for once make me happy.

"Victoria is not allergic to fish. Chef Elmond, what's in the dish?"

"The dish called grilled Salmon has two key ingredients, those are Salmon and spinach. I know that Lady Tori is not allergic to fish. She loves Salmon." His wavering voice made Tori a bit guilty.

"Then it must be the spinach, Your Grace." The doctor confirmed the fact.

"Did you know about this, Chef Elmond?" The Duke was suspecting the chef. He eliminated the very thought of Sabina's involvement. After all, she was the original Saintess of this estate. It has relieved Sabina upon seeing the Duke's obvious protection for her.

Show them Chef Elmond. Show them the parchment that a very well-copied handwriting of Sabina was attached.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.6K 2.9K 38
Isabella Montgomery’s life was far from normal. She was the princess of a small Kingdom and was next in line for Queen. When she turned sixteen, some...
84 1 31
[COMPLETED] Cold. Apathetic. Bizzare. And disturbing. Those are the words servants of the castle in the vampire kingdom of Lamia, use to describe th...
1.2K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...
48 6 7
In the kingdom of Autora, there are two ways to gain power: The inherited right, or the divine gift bestowed. Neither, had ever been of any interest...